• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 11.0 available)

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
In the absence of a roster prediction discussion thread, (they shut the original one down...) I'm posting my roster here. Like it?

As for the undecided:

Your posting in the wrong place. You post rosters in the roster DISPLAY thread.

taoxadasa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
taoxadasa
3DS FC
2251-5157-5936
To celebrate PokeBank (finally) being released in NA, I made this:

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Anyone wanna make a Mariner Moose icon?

No, I'm not over the idea yet. Sorry, guys.

Last edited:

Jakor

Smash Ace
Version 8.0 is almost ready. I think I'll be able to launch the update tomorrow sometime in the evening.

On a side note, I think I might be the only one that doesn't want to see something new tomorrow in the pic of the day. Cause if there is, I'll have to add it as a last minute addition. xD

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, not sure if I had posted these before, but if I did, here's a reminder I guess. I wanted to see if anyone would make icons for the Scarlet Spider and another one for Spider-Man. Here's the pictures I wanted to use.
ScarletSpider(Kaine).jpg

EDIT: Here's one of Rogue too.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Ok. Now I'll only need to change things related to Mother Brain and make sure the update is flawless. That last point could cause some trouble, although the core function is pretty good now.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
I have a couple requests, if anyone would be so kind to make them. They're for rosters for other game ideas. If they've already been made, just link me or tell me.
The Arbiter (Halo), The Gunstringer (self-titled), The Agent (Crackdown), Kaim (Lost Odyssey), Shu (Blue Dragon), Kameo (Elements of Power), Voodoo Vince (self-titled), Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark Zero), Brutus (Brute Force), Captain Smiley (Comic Jumper), Alan Wake (self-titled), Tank (Left 4 Dead), Baldur (Too Human), Dust (An Elysian Tale), Stubbs (self-titled), Meat Boy (self-titled), Sam Fisher (Splinter Cell), Nathan Zachary (Crimson Skies), Trevor Phillips (Grand Theft Auto V), and Marius Titus (Ryse)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Thanks! I'll probably just finished the confirmed characters for now but I might make unconfirmed characters when I'm finished with these.
Cool. I will most definitely utilize them.

Here's a list of potential newcomers you're probably want to make:

Ridley
Palutena
Little Mac
Mewtwo
King K. Rool
Chrom
Isaac
Ghirahim
Paper Mario
Bandana Dee
Tetra
Lucina
Takamaru
Samurai Goroh

Last edited:

Jakor

Smash Ace
The update for the version 8.0 can now be downloaded! Use the "Check for udpates..." option within the "?" menu to download it!

WARNING: A backup of your folder is recommended, just in case something goes wrong. The update could also overwrite your custom icons if you have some. Also, the update may take a few minutes to complete.

If anyone has problems with the update, please report them to me in whichever way you prefer.

I'll update the main post if people prefer to download it in the old fashioned way by replacing their whole folder and database. Or for people who haven't downloaded any versions of the Roster Maker yet.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Just gauging interest... Anybody want me to continue with these?

Are you taking the placements from the bottom of the character pages? It looks like you are, and it looks really nice.

Might I request the following?

Pac-Man from here if you would be willing to cut it out from the background, as I think it would make the best icon. Here otherwise. I recommend the color #FFE300, as it's the original color of Pac-Man's arcade sprite. It's also what I use for my text.

Ridley from wherever really. Maybe here? Color #C040D8 is his sprite color for Metroid 1 if that helps you.

King K. Rool with whatever you can find. I know I haven't been able to find a decent 3D model, myself. I recommend a green somewhat more vivid than Bowser's.

This Ganondorf, which is an edit of mine from a papercraft, and the best model to make an icon out of that I've found. I suggest the red from his cape.

Also these, but not as important as those:

Mewtwo with the Project M artwork?

Roy with the Project M artwork?

Last edited:

ecylisis

Smash Apprentice
Are you taking the placements from the bottom of the character pages? It looks like you are, and it looks really nice.

Might I request the following?

Pac-Man from here if you would be willing to cut it out from the background, as I think it would make the best icon. Here otherwise. I recommend the color #FFE300, as it's the original color of Pac-Man's arcade sprite. It's also what I use for my text.

Ridley from wherever really. Maybe here? Color #C040D8 is his sprite color for Metroid 1 if that helps you.

King K. Rool with whatever you can find. I know I haven't been able to find a decent 3D model, myself. I recommend a green somewhat more vivid than Bowser's.

This Ganondorf, which is an edit of mine from a papercraft, and the best model to make an icon out of that I've found. I suggest the red from his cape.

Also these, but not as important as those:

Mewtwo with the Project M artwork?

Roy with the Project M artwork?
Yeah, that's what I was trying to do. I'll try to get to all of those requests too. Anyway, I finished some more of the confirmed characters!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
The update for the version 8.0 can now be downloaded! Use the "Check for udpates..." option within the "?" menu to download it!

WARNING: A backup of your folder is recommended, just in case something goes wrong. The update could also overwrite your custom icons if you have some. Also, the update may take a few minutes to complete.

If anyone has problems with the update, please report them to me in whichever way you prefer.

I'll update the main post if people prefer to download it in the old fashioned way by replacing their whole folder and database. Or for people who haven't downloaded any versions of the Roster Maker yet.
Just downloaded it.

For anyone who doesn't want to upgrade because they don't want to have to redownload their icons (because I was in this group before):

Sort by date lets you find all of your downloaded icons easily if you go to the images folder in the SSB Roster maker version that has the icons. Copy them and put them in a separate place and then add them into the roster maker. When it tells you that there's a conflict, have it keep both of them and rename them and you shouldn't have any problems.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Just downloaded it.

For anyone who doesn't want to upgrade because they don't want to have to redownload their icons (because I was in this group before):

Sort by date lets you find all of your downloaded icons easily if you go to the images folder in the SSB Roster maker version that has the icons. Copy them and put them in a separate place and then add them into the roster maker. When it tells you that there's a conflict, have it keep both of them and rename them and you shouldn't have any problems.
Yeah, that could be a great solution for keeping track of the manually added icons.

Do all of the default rosters load correctly with all their images?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Yeah, that could be a great solution for keeping track of the manually added icons.

Do all of the default rosters load correctly with all their images?
I just updated my icons. I'll report any bugs that I come across. But, right now at least, it seems to be working well. I'll check the changelog and mess with new features later and see if I can break it for you :p I'm all for bugtesting.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Bug Report (going to edit with stuff that I find):

Pipit Icon broken for me (Shows up when you search Pit, so might want to fix that soon. Makes it look bad)

Top Bottom