• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. for Switch Roster Bingo Thread

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like fun! I like speculating the characters for new Smash games, and this'll be a fun way to see if I'm anywhere near accurate for Smash 5. My bingo board has characters I'm hoping for, characters that I think are possible, and characters that I think are likely.

Also, I haven't seen anyone else link to it, so here's the original Smash 4 bingo thread!

Good luck to everyone! I wonder who the bingo champion will be? :p

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Posting mine which is made of both who I think is likely as well as a few pipe dreams (coughTwintellecough).

This one with such obvious choices like Abel, Kartana and Abraham Lincoln was made by my boyfriend. I don't wanna spoil the game for you guys, but I think he has an in with Sakurai.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Here's mine.

You'll notice, each row has a theme because I'm lame

Row 1: Weapon Users
Shovel Knight (Literally perfect)
ARMS Character (I guess Spring Man)
Corrin (No reason for her not to return)
Impa (The obvious next Zelda character)
Takamaru (He's expected. Perhaps... too expected)

Row 2: Non-Humans
Rundas (Maybe not the most likely Metroid character but I think the most potentially fun)
Chibi-Robo (I've got a conspiracy theory that Zip Lash was made just to establish a good moveset for him)
Dillon (Nintendo really seems to push this series)
Decidueye (Feels made for Smash)
Slippy Toad (Please see this)

Row 3: Blondes
Viridi (Sakurai can't help himself with his own characters)
Lucas (Pls don't go)
Dixie (Not as a clone)
Isaac (Where'd you go, man? I thought you'd show up in S4)
Ray-Man (Ubisoft love OP)

Row 4: Long-Shots
Pokemon Trainer (I'd have betrayed myself if I didn't include him)
Paper Mario (Definitely deserving but probably not)
King K. Rool (Dunno why Nintendo hates him but he's deserving)
Pauline (She's skyrocketed in popularity)
Mike Jones (A clearly glorious choice for retro)

Row 5: Very Likely
Rex& Pyra (This one's a matter of time. X2 is so popular and so good)
FE 16 Character (Almost assuredly, this has happened a few times)
Banjo/Kazooie (Sakurai knows they're wanted, Phil says it's a dank idea, important part of nintendo history, let's do it)
Bomberman (I would say >Konami but SBR was a Switch exclusive for a year... And he'd fit perfect)
Ice Climbers (Psssh. Like they aren't returning)

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
kylexv kylexv Is it alright if I update my bingo board, too? I put Layton on there because I wasn't sure how to fill my last square, and I just now realized that I forgot to put Mike Jones on there!

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I have an updated bingo too:

kylexv kylexv

Explanation will come soon. Still subject to change, but in general, I made it so that I could get a bingo diagonally and on the plus side.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
Runic_SSB Runic_SSB FamicomDisk FamicomDisk BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11

Just to clarify, it is OK if you guys update your bingo cards. However, after we see the first gameplay for the game (starting the game), editing your bingo card is not allowed.

As I was going through the bingo cards, I noticed there were a few that break a rule established. For those that this applies to, I will send a PM to you detailing what is breaking the rules and a message to edit it before the game officially starts, and, if the bingo card is not edited beforehand, it will be disqualified.

Also, I'm surprised on how many people decided to join in to this game. I look forward to seeing the end result with you guys.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Im gonna get a full card.

you just watch.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Updated my bingo with more details regarding placements. Some positions have been changed due to my recent confidence on certain characters like Octolings and Dr. Kawashima. Do you think I have a chance in getting one bingo? :teeth:

Also have a new bingo, bingo is nearly finalized, but put it in anyway kylexv kylexv .

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Here's mine, because why not?

I limited myself to two 3rd parties because I didn't want to go over board with them. Bomberman and Banjo are simply my most wanted in that regard. I also decided to stick with all newcomers and chose not to use either gen 8 Pokemon or new Fire Emblem game rep despite believing they have a good chance. Felt like uninteresting choices to me. And this is what I came up with. Oh, I also used Ice Climbers as my free space because I am quite confident they will be returning for this iteration.

If I added other 3rd parties I would have also included Goemon, Shantae, Rayman, and possibly Layton. Also possibly a Dragon Quest rep if Cloud doesn't return. I also expect a number of the vets to return, I just didn't want to use them on the card (I would be surprised if either Lucas or Mewtwo get cut).

Attachments

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
My previous bingo card broke the rules so I have to resubmit.

Here's my new one.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Here's mine, it has some of the obvious choices and some of my personal off the normal grid picks. I also tried to form little patterns like having a vet in each corner and middle. The left side is villains. The upper right is retro. Etc. I'll discuss a few of my odd choices.

Prince Sidon - Be nice to get a LoZ rep and the trident would be a interesting weapon choice. He also would stand out in the cast. I actually know little of the game, but I was running out of choices and decided to find someone interesting from LoZ.

Medusa - I would of liked her over both Palutena and Dark Pit. She was the villain back then and got a awesome make over. We lack villains, but we really lack female villains. Dark magic and snake hair is potential.

Prince Sable - I think Sakurai may find his frog and snake aspect interesting for a move set.

Pikmin 4 Rep - The series is getting it's 4th game and we could get a advertisement rep. The series is also made by Miyamoto, so I think it may get some love. I feel it was a fair spot on my bingo card as I doubt anyone else will really pick it, and I feel it's the same as FE New Lord or Pokemon Gen 8... except actually riskier. The character or creature would have to be someone or something new to the series and heavily featured in the new game of course. I honestly made that choice based on new characters to play as their stand alone character or alternate costume like Koopalings and Alph. I'll change it if needed (spent too much time already tonight) or it can just count as the free space if it's an issue.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Updated mine. It's more realistic than before and has some veterans that I'm a bit worried about, but it's still mostly wishful thinking.
Bingo Card 2.0.png

It also has a theme.
Row 1: Characters I believe are near locks... and Lucas
Row 2: Characters I feel people are taking for granted but I can see getting in (2 of my top 3 most wanted are there)
Row 3: Characters I feel people are sleeping on but I wouldn't bank on either (+Inklings as free space)
Row 4: ...This one's kinda thrown together randomly tbh, no real theme
Row 5: Characters that have next to no chance but I'd love to see nonetheless

No filler this time

Last edited by a moderator:

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Updating again. I replaced the Yokai Watch cat with Black Shadow because I had no idea who else there could be, but then I remembered that there hasn't been an F-Zero game in 15 years, so I replaced him with Dixie.

Edit 2: Mallo was a dumb pick so I replaced him with Waddle Dee.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Here's my bingo card. I intentionally threw in more off choices because I expect strange choices to happen as per normal with the series. Originally I wanted to omit veterans entirely, but eventually I included Ice Climbers and Wolf mainly as filler. Some of the third parties like Heihachi and Rayman I did based on the last game, Heihachi being considered and Rayman technically already being in Smash via those trophies. Others are purely based on bias. Again not included Snake due to the infamous Kojima situation with Konami going on.

kylexv

Smash Master
I went ahead and changed a few things on my card myself:

!Roster Bingo.jpg

Replaced Lyn, Sylux, Isaac, and Toad with Isabelle, Celica, Chorus Kids, and Captain Toad.

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
I can't count and had 8 veterans on my card instead of the 5 allowed. Whoops! Here's my fixed card:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

Since I'm no good in Photoshop or whatever. Decided to use the Roster maker for this. Obviously the Inklings are the free space.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Sounds like fun! Here's my card, filled with a mix of people who I think are likely to get in and more unlikely characters who I personally want in (i.e. mostly Geno).

(Yes, I did use the veterans from Smash 4. Don't want to make this harder than it needs to be, now. Besides, I barely had enough appealing reps to fill this thing up as is.)
Pretty confident in this one. Let's hit the brongo!

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master

Since I'm no good in Photoshop or whatever. Decided to use the Roster maker for this. Obviously the Inklings are the free space.
May I ask what Fourside is supposed to represent? It is supposed to represent the stage coming back?

Sounds like fun! Here's my card, filled with a mix of people who I think are likely to get in and more unlikely characters who I personally want in (i.e. mostly Geno).
(Yes, I did use the veterans from Smash 4. Don't want to make this harder than it needs to be, now. Besides, I barely had enough appealing reps to fill this thing up as is.)
Pretty confident in this one. Let's hit the brongo!
Although you are allowed to use veteran characters, only 5 are allowed per card. Your card currently has 9.
Unfortunately, if you do not submit another card that follows the rules of the game, I will unfortunately have to disqualify your card.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Although you are allowed to use veteran characters, only 5 are allowed per card. Your card currently has 9.
Unfortunately, if you do not submit another card that follows the rules of the game, I will unfortunately have to disqualify your card.
Ah, my mistake. In that case, allow me to make things interesting:

D

Deleted member

Updated mine to match the rules.

Bingo Card 2.0.png

Cloud is gone and I threw in Solaire in his place cuz why the heck not.
Also replaced Marx with Susie because mechs > jester balls

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Figured I'd join in on this. Made some realistic choices and some... not so realistic choices, put them in a randomizer and this was the order I got.

Let's see how wrong I am by the end. lol

Smash Switch Bingo Sheet.jpg

D

Deleted member

Does anyobody here do requests for roster bingo?

I want to make one but i don't know how.

D

Deleted member

Sure, I can do that for you if you like.
Okay.

Tord's Bingo:
Simon Bemont (with this Design). Waluigi. K.Rool. Isaac. Balloon Fighter.
Rex and Pyra. Decdueye. Takamaru. Crash Bandicoot. Mewtwo.
Lyn. Prince Sable. FREE SPACE. Wolf. Isabelle.
Bomberman. Spring Man. Ice Climbers. Bandanna Dee. Toad.
Roy. Ridley. Paper Mario. Pig Ganon. Dixie Kong.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

@Tord the Red Leader Given your avatar, I'm surprised Knuckles isn't on there.
Ha ha ha ha ha funny. I get the refernce

Im not wearing this avatar because i want too but because i lost a bet (the bet was that if there wasn't a direct between April 9 to April 13, i would have to wear an avatar from an anime character i hate until a Direct is confirmed)

Top Bottom