• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. 4 Roster Maker Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
More importantly, when do we get feedback?
I really like SuperBrawler's roster and I want to see the hard data that says why exactly he's better than me.

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
Alright here's mine:

All but the original 8 are unlockable.

All characters unlocked screen (Red box = unlockable, Blue box = available from the start):

[collapse=How to Unlock]
Jigglypuff: Beat Classic or Adventure Mode with any one character or play 25 VS. matches.

Luigi: Complete Stage #1 of Adventure Mode with the time ending in a "2" in the second's slot, then beat Luigi in less than a minute or play 50 VS. matches.

Captain Falcon: Beat Classic Mode in under 20 Minutes (original way to unlock him in SSB64) or play 75 VS. matches.

Ness: Beat Classic Mode on Normal Difficulty, 3 stock, no continues or reflect 5 projectiles (both are previous ways he was unlocked in an SSB game).

Falco: Beat the 100-Man battle option (how he was unlocked in Melee and Brawl) or play 100 VS. matches.

Ganondorf: Beat Classic Mode on Hard Difficulty with Link or Zelda or play 125 VS. matches.

Marth: Play Classic Mode with all eight regular characters or use them in VS. mode (how he was unlocked in Melee) or play 150 VS. matches.

Sonic: Beat Classic Mode in under 10 Minutes or play 175 VS. matches.

Ice Climbers: Win a team match or play 200 VS. matches.

Bowser: Beat Classic or Adventure Mode with Mario or Luigi and without using a continue or play 225 VS. matches.

Metaknight: K.O. an opponent in less than 30 seconds or play 250 VS. matches.

Diddy Kong: Bury an opponent 5 times or play 275 VS. matches. (Since tripping is gone, I figured being buried is the closest thing)

Pokemon Trainer: Transform 5 times or play 300 VS. matches.

Zelda/Shiek: Transform 15 times or play 325 VS. matches.

Captain Olimar: Collect 50 pieces of food or play 350 VS. matches.

Snake: K.O. an opponent with an explosive 10 times or play 375 VS. matches.

Ike: Complete Classic or Adventure Mode with Marth and without continuing (how Roy was unlocked in Melee) or play 400 VS. matches.

Peach: Play 15 matches on Mushroom Kingdom or play 425 VS. matches.

Saki: K.O. an opponent 10 times with a Ray Gun/Super Scope/Beam Sword, use Assist Trophies 10 times or play 450 VS. matches.

Wario: Beat Classic Mode on Hard Difficulty with Mario or play 475 Vs. matches.

King DeDeDe: Swallow an opponent 10 times or play 500 VS. matches.

Ridley: Play Giant Battle Mode (in Special Modes) 15 times or play 525 VS. matches. (Yes, this is a too big joke.)

Wolf: Beat him in Boss Battle Mode with Fox or Falco or play 550 VS. matches.

Midna & Wolf Link: Beat Classic Mode on Hard difficulty with Ganondorf or play 575 VS. matches.

Waluigi: Beat Classic Mode on Hard Difficulty with Luigi or play 600 VS. matches.

Megaman: K.O. an opponent 15 times with a projectile or play 625 VS. matches.

Isaac: Bury an opponent 25 times, use Assist Trophies 25 times or play 650 VS. matches.

Lucario: K.O. an opponent with more than 150% 15 times or play 675 VS. matches.

Wii Fit Trainer: "Gracefully" dodge an opponent's attack 15 times or play 700 VS. matches.

Ghirahim: K.O. an opponent "beautifully" (star K.O.s) 25 times or play 725 VS. matches.

Bowser Jr. & Shadow Mario: Grab Peach 25 times as Bowser or play 750 VS. matches.

Andy: K.O. an opponent 25 times with explosives, use Assist Trophies 50 times or play 775 VS. matches.

Villager: Collect 250 different trophies (This was ROB's way to be unlocked in Brawl, but collecting is the Villager's thing), pick up an item 250 times or play 800 VS. matches.

Masked Man: Absorb a total of 300% using Ness' PSI Shield or play 825 VS. matches.

Mewtwo: Play for a total of 20 hours in VS. Mode or play 850 VS. matches.

Chrom: Win a Team Match as or VS. Ike & Marth or play 875 VS. matches.

Tingle: Take a total of 25 screenshots or play 900 VS. matches. (If you get this, you're awesome.)

Little Mac: K.O. an opponent 25 times with a punch or play 925 VS. matches.

Pac-Man: Use the power of a Star 25 times or play 950 VS. matches. (It's a power pellet reference)

Ray: K.O. an opponent 50 times using a Ray Gun/Super Scope, use Assist Trophies 75 times or play 975 VS. matches.

Robin: K.O. an opponent with magic or swords 50 times or play 1000 VS. matches.

Mr. Game And Watch: Can only be unlocked after unlocking all other characters and beating All Star Mode.

[collapse=Changes]
Ganondorf now has more original moves. He get his energy ball from OoT, which can be batted back and forth and incapacitates those who it hits for a short time. He also uses his sword for some moves.

Falco is now more unique, and he and Wolf have new Final Smashes.

Mewtwo and Lucario's Mega forms are involved, though to a lesser extent than their normal forms.

Jigglypuff gets a new Final Smash based on Fairy powers.
[/collapse]
[/collapse]
it like ssb64 and ssbm wtw

Jacob Listerud

Smash Rookie
  1. Mario
  2. Link
  3. Samus
  4. Yoshi
  5. Kirby
  6. Fox
  7. Pikachu
  8. Luigi
  9. Captain Falcon
  10. Ness
  11. Lucas
  12. Zelda
  13. Olimar
  14. Wii Fit Trainer
  15. Villager
  16. Mega Man
  17. Sonic
  18. Wario
  19. Ashley
  20. Ganondorf
  21. Midna
  22. Shadow the Hedgehog
  23. Falco
  24. Krystal
  25. Waluigi
  26. Ice Climbers
  27. Mr. Game and Watch
  28. Marth
  29. Lyn
  30. Little Mac
  31. Pit
  32. Bowser
  33. Dr. Eggman
  34. Tails
  35. Meta Knight
  36. King Dedede
  37. Mewtwo
  38. Peach
  39. Diddy Kong
  40. Dixie Kong
  41. Leon S. Kennedy
  42. Jill Valentine
And I would like to have Sonic as a starter character this time.

Varoy

Smash Rookie
They should have link in wolf form and also Okami if you guys know who that is.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
They should have link in wolf form and also Okami if you guys know who that is.
Okami is not a character, it is a game series.
And I can personally guarantee you that an okami character will not be in the game because we already have mega man as a capcom rep.

Welcome to the boards

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
Roster.png

This rosters has 48 Characters the ones in the red boxes are unlockables.
There is 26 starters and 22 unlockables.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
View attachment 2411
My favorite part about this roster is that Chrom's artwork is from his confession in Awakening.
Next to the fact that we're seriously talking about Malon for Smash Brothers.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Ok, Fluidity;
That's gotta be one of the most bombdiggity suggestions I've ever heard.

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
image.jpg

Explanations
Waluigi: Fan favourite, representing the spinoff and would be fun and funny
Dixie Kong: She has lots of moveset potential and she is confirmed to be in Tropical Freeze
Malon: She is popular she could have a milk based moveset such as throwing bottles of milk at people. That would be great and perfect for Smash
Ghirahim: Originality in his moveset, Crazy Personality and Fun to play as
Dark Matter: A recurring villain, logical 4 Kirby Character (along with Bandana Dee or Galacta Knight) and have an interesting moveset
Ridley: Metroid deserves another rep and Ridley is the obvious choice for that position
Samurai Goroh: Represents a new fighting style and he is fairly popular
Jigglypuff: Uses fairy type moves
Meowth: Iconic recurring Pokemon in the anime after Pikachu
Pokemon X and Y Reservation: Saving a spot for a pokemon like lucario who will get popular be the gen 6 rep
Panther: Representation of a starfox villain alongside wolf
Chrom: Main protagonist of a very successful game
Matthew: Representation of a good-selling game
Tamagon: Classic surprise character
Sonic: Uses more of a Lost World based moveset
Pacman: Longstanding, Iconic, Well Known, lots of moveset potential

Since I have no pictures.... Might as well explain some things

Original 12
Ridley
Toad

Explanation - As you can see, I removed everyone that's not part of the O12 because Ridley needs the space. Toad is small enough to fit in. I win. Where's mah money?

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
So, here's my decidedly Street Fighter Alpha 3-esque spin on things~

No random spaces because I didn't care to add them. Funny thing, I was planning to make Shantae a starter over Muddy Mole because she appears on Nintendo the most (Seriously, all of her games have versions for Nintendo platforms!).

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
Finale Roster.png

There is the Total of 50 Characters with 21 Unlockables

Explanations
King Boo: Representing Luigi's Mansion series, lots of moveset potential and has recurring roles in other Mario Games.
King K. Rool: The main villain of the DK Series
Malon: She is popular she could have a milk based moveset such as throwing bottles of milk at people. That would be great and perfect for Smash
Demise: Despite looking like and referencing Ganondorf, he will have a unique moveset and represent the villain from Skyward Sword.
Dark Matter: A recurring villain, logical 4 Kirby Character (along with Bandana Dee or Galacta Knight) and have an interesting moveset
Ridley: Metroid deserves another rep and Ridley is the obvious choice for that position
Dark Samus: Representing the Metroid Prime series, has a unique fighting style and good representation of the Metroid Series
Samurai Goroh: Represents a new fighting style and he is fairly popular
Jigglypuff: Uses fairy type moves
Entei: Popular, Representing Movie 3 and Movie 13 and has lots of moveset potential
Mewtwo: Saving a spot for a pokemon like lucario who will get popular be the gen 6 rep
Leon: Representation of a starfox villain alongside wolf and he appeared in Starfox 64
Ike: Changed to his Awakening design.
Chrom: Main protagonist of a very successful game.
Isaac: Representation of a popular rpg series.
Sonic: Uses more of a Lost World based moveset
Pacman: Longstanding, Iconic, Well Known, lots of moveset potential

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Why are people still putting up rosters here? The contest has been closed, the OP hasn't been here since before the DDoS, and we have a nifty place for people to rosters up - The Display Thread.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Captain's Log: Day 62

SuperBrawler still hasn't gotten his prize. At this point I fear for the worst...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom