• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sunlight That Surrounds You

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Little Jack found a dead cat in the woods. Buddy was throwing rocks at the fish in the river, and his young brother rushed thru the trees gasping and calling his name. Tugging at his arm, Little Jack pointed, said to look over there. Its eyes were gone.

Whose cat is it? Buddy asked. Little Jack began to poke its ribs and Buddy slapped the back of his head, saying don't be a fool! Easy way to get sick, touching that cat. They didn't recognize it, no collar. But what cat has a collar? None around here, really. Buddy couldn't help but stare at the rotting mass. Its mouth cracked open, stuffed with leaves and sticks. There used to be eyes in that head, Buddy reckoned.

But now they are just holes filled with flies. Little Jack told Buddy how disgusting it was. As if it wasn't clear. He proposed burying it.

No, let's just throw it in the water. Buddy held his breath and looked away as he picked the cat (it's a kitten! said Little Jack, watching it dangle and swing.) up by its tail. Easy way to get sick. Buddy thought to himself. He neared the edge of the river and tossed the stinking cat into the water. It was just like a big stone. This one didn't skip across the surface of the water, and it wouldn't have even if Buddy wanted it to. Instead it splashed and bobbed, and sank beneath before it could be washed down the river. Buddy reckoned it might hit the bottom and get caught in some mud or branches.

Now, the fishes will get revenge! Little Jack commented. Buddy wanted to go home. Let's get out of here. He washed his hands in the very same river. He imagined silver fish running thru his fingers. Or the thin, sticky fur of the cat. Gross.
---

oh crap. don't have as much time as i thought! i will finish this later, for i have to go to work. tell me what you think anyways

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
You haven't given us much, but your style seems originally molded to fit the piece, which is always nice, and I love the touch of having your verbs fit the characters, like "reckoned" and such.

Top Bottom