• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The story of Toastedsub

Purple

Hi guys!
As dumb as the title sounds, I'm quite serious about this post. I guess this post is aimed more towards people in their younger years (via 18 and under, but i guess anyone living with their parents can read this and get it's moral).

I often play on GGPO to practice up on third strike. The main person who taught me basic things in the game was Toastedsub (real name negro mango, i trust there really isn't much you can do with the name, and i'm too lazy to say toastedsub over and over).

Throughout the past year i've been playing him and his obnoxious self in third strike. ***** kept sending me ******* songs that had mario beats and vids of dudley doing his fighting stance on beat. **** was always hilarious though.

(example : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qDiJkhUMfw&feature=related )

anyway. Recently i actually talked to him outside of ggpo and heard a lot about his personal life and i have to say it really made me think about how my parents treat me. His father was gone since he was seven, and his mother has abused him ever since. She would never buy groceries but instead go out to eat to leave him hungry. at the age of 15 he was kicked out of the house (illegally) and he lived on his own working a job and going to school on the side.

He was very hygienic and smart, constantly washing himself in gas station bathrooms and flattening out clothes that he had in his backpack. Going to laundromats to keep his clothes clean. He did this everyday for two years before his mother found him and took him back in, only reason being because she would've gotten arrested if she didn't do otherwise.

He turned 18 a few days ago, and consequentially, his mother kicked him out again, because in all technicality, she was allowed to. Only difference now is he doesn't have a job, he has no money, and has nothing to live off of. Only things he can live off of is he stereo system and other electronics that he can't carry on his own.

Even though i had work at 6 am this morning i stayed up and had conversation with him until i had to leave for work, not even sleeping. At the end of the day, i told him i would talk to him when he get back, in which he responded "i won't be here when you get back". That's when i realized the guy who i became friends with i would never speak to again (or at least for a few months until he gets an apartment). Not because of anything i did wrong, or anything he did wrong, just an angry abusive mother taking it out on her child.

Now you guys can turn around and say this guy must have done something wrong to the mother, well maybe he did. But who deserves to get turned lose with no (practical) chance of living comfortably.

As always i post worthless walls of text, but be grateful to your parents you guys, the fact you might be able to comfortably messages other smashers across the world and sleep in bed knowing that the next day you'll still be able to consider where you are your home..

Saltix

Smash Lord
Good read, makes me think about things...
Kinda sad stuff like this happens in life.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It is a sad life for many.

"I hope all of you see your parents! Hear the sound of the blood boiling to the top of the throat! Explore the reality of school violence--by the negligence of the problem by the school district, of the high schools, and the attitude of the police department--and due to their ****, the problem's in ALL OF YOUR HANDS!"

I do hope that things get better for him. No one deserves that.

Rayku

Smash Lord
"Get to know your parents, you never know when they'll be gone for
good."

-Anonymous.

Purple

Hi guys!
Good read, makes me think about things...
Kinda sad stuff like this happens in life.
all the time, some people worse than others, the worse thing about it is. While i talked to him, he always seemed content, happy even, about these things happening to him.

It is a sad life for many.

"I hope all of you see your parents! Hear the sound of the blood boiling to the top of the throat! Explore the reality of school violence, by the negligence of the problem by the school district, of the high schools, and the attitude of the police--and due to their ****, the problem's in ALL OF YOUR HANDS!"

I do hope that things get better for him. No one deserves that.

trust me, you're not the only one, everyone on ggpo misses him already ;/

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
why must you break our hearts with these types of walls. Very sad story, i hope you are able to talk to him once again :(

Rayku

Smash Lord
all the time, some people worse than others, the worse thing about it is. While i talked to him, he always seemed content, happy even, about these things happening to him.
He appears to be someone I would try to imitate in that sense.

Zip.

Smash Lord
wow...just wow..very sad story..makes me think that things can be a helluva lot worse for me...

Top Bottom