• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Star in Brawl: Stafy Joins as an Assist Trophy

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Yes, but your quote said Kirby was copying Stafy. I don't see how that's possible when Kirby's first game came out 8 years before Stafy's first game was even planned to be released.
well it is pretty much the "Kirby shouldn't be called 'Hoshi no Kaabii' and it is more suited for Stafy"

what a typical nerd would do to insult another character, really.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Good. It was starting to look like everyone wanted generic puffballs with two eyes and a mouth. There's a BILLION of those already. Die stafy!

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
well it is pretty much the "Kirby shouldn't be called 'Hoshi no Kaabii' and it is more suited for Stafy"

what a typical nerd would do to insult another character, really.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you're wrong. And if there is any animosity between the two fan camps at all, it's probably because of Stafy's similarities to the Kirby series, and not vice versa.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Stafy deconfirmed? I am shocked. I actually thought he'd make it out of all those Japanese characters. I hope parrothead isn't taking it too hard. Bad thing is that this can happen to Demille as well.

As for Waluigi: LMFAO

X-GuardianAce

Smash Rookie
Stafy being in was to be expected. But someone should teach Sakurai some math. Because
AT + AT does not equal a character update. Not by a long shot.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
Stafy has an official english name now, sweet lol. He's a cool looking dude, would have loved him playable.

Waluigi has mario's icon 0_o? I guess there really is no connection between wario and waluigi.

The funny thing about this update is how it confirmed more for the assist trophies out of smash than it did for smash haha

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
That's where I've always been posting them.
It just seems weird to me, that out of all the updates since EVER, you guys wouldn't make another thread for Waluigi. If you didn't want to make another one, why not just make a thread for both of these assist trophies?

I don't get it.

Meta Kirby

Smash Cadet
"Well, just who do you think you are, honey? Zaphod Beebebrox or something?""Count the heads.""You are Zaphod Beeblebrox?""Yeah, but don't shout it out or they'll all want one.""The Zaphod Beeblebrox?""No, just a Zaphod Beeblebrox; Didn't you hear I come in six packs?""But, sir, I just heard on the sub-ether radio report. It said you were dead....""Yeah, that's right. I just haven't stopped moving yet."- The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

Yea!!! Stafy!!! I can't wait for him to be summoned and will allow me to knock the living snot out of him!!! Most importantly with Kirby! And Meta Knight! And Sonic! And Triple D! And everyone else I like!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!!:lick::rotfl::demon::estatic::flame::roll::devil::kirby::026::enforcer::rocket::bigrocket

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Stafy fans and Waluigi fans (Are there any?) have my sympathy. As much as I want Lucario, I have a bad feeling he may go this way as well.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Did anyone else think this was a character update when they first saw the name? I had to look on the side and make sure I wasn't seeing things. I didn't want him as a character, but was still shocked to see him as an AT. I guess I'm still used to the idea of either being playable in the game or not. Also, it seems like they didn't do much with him, since he looks a little awkward, and his face doesn't even change.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
"Well, just who do you think you are, honey? Zaphod Beebebrox or something?""Count the heads.""You are Zaphod Beeblebrox?""Yeah, but don't shout it out or they'll all want one.""The Zaphod Beeblebrox?""No, just a Zaphod Beeblebrox; Didn't you hear I come in six packs?""But, sir, I just heard on the sub-ether radio report. It said you were dead....""Yeah, that's right. I just haven't stopped moving yet."- The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

Yea!!! Stafy!!! I can't wait for him to be summoned and will allow me to knock the living snot out of him!!! Most importantly with Kirby! And Meta Knight! And Sonic! And Triple D! And everyone else I like!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!!:lick::rotfl::demon::estatic::flame::roll::devil::kirby::026::enforcer::rocket::bigrocket
This is why they tell you not to mix alcohol and medicine together.

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
Why? Why can't we just make a thread?
They did make a thread.
If you didn't notice all of the posts on the Brawl Blog link to a thread to discuss them in. most of the blog posts that discuss the brawl updates have their threads placed in the "Dojo Update" forum. Misto-Roboto, in all his glory, accidentally place the waluigi thread in the Brawl Bog forum instead of here.
At least this is my nderstanding, but the Waluigi does exist I have posted in it.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
I don't know who the hell this Stafy character is or why people supported it, but more than likely it would have been an AT. Waluigi had no chance to begin with, and after today's update I bet all the Waluigi haters are rejoicing from their comps.

This update was like killing two birds with one stone, ha.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
They did make a thread.
If you didn't notice all of the posts on the Brawl Blog link to a thread to discuss them in. most of the blog posts that discuss the brawl updates have their threads placed in the "Dojo Update" forum. Misto-Roboto, in all his glory, accidentally place the waluigi thread in the Brawl Bog forum instead of here.
At least this is my nderstanding, but the Waluigi does exist I have posted in it.
OHHHH... Well, sorry, but I didn't usually go to the Blog...

Rash

Smash Ace
Stafy isn't necessarily too weak, but he'd have a limited moveset. Since he deserved representation, I'd say it was a good choice making him an AT.

I'm indifferent about Waluigi, but I definitely wouldn't have minded if he wasn't in the game at all. The most important thing: he isn't playable. Sorry, but I'm not even sure if I want any more Mario characters taking up roster space, and even if I did, Waluigi would be at the bottom.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I would agree there, Waluigi isn't the most popular character, and Stafy had a limited moveset...Geno is not really a Mario character, but still it would be nice to have him in...

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
if we had to have at least one more mario character
it would have to bowser jr, The rest can be ATs or
not even show up at all.

stafy never appealed much to me. i know there are
some cooler japan-only characters somewhere.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
I'm actually just as glad that "Stafy" will remain an assist trophy as I am about Waluigi's deconfirmation. Both never deserved a spot.

if we had to have at least one more mario character
it would have to bowser jr, The rest can be ATs or
not even show up at all.

stafy never appealed much to me. i know there are
some cooler japan-only characters somewhere.
What about that fella named Luigi? Deserves it much more then Bowser Jr.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
I actually think Bowser Jr deserves it more, lack of villans in SSE? T.T
What? There is no lack of villains. Ridley, D3, MetaKnight, Bowser, Ganondorf, and other pete pirhana type side shows.

Bowser Jr. in no way deserves to be in Brawl... I think their taking a different route this time, meaning there won't be any clones like there was in melee.

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
What? There is no lack of villains. Ridley, D3, MetaKnight, Bowser, Ganondorf, and other pete pirhana type side shows.

Bowser Jr. in no way deserves to be in Brawl... I think their taking a different route this time, meaning there won't be any clones like there was in melee.
Ridley and Ganondorf have yet to be confirmed.

And as far as Bowser Jr., why do people keep thinking he's going to be a clone of daddy? He cannot even breathe fire, or body press, or transform into Giga Bowser Jr.! The thing about Bowser Jr. is that he has been unique enough to warrent his own moveset, including a Sheik-like transformation to Shadow Mario.

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
So he'd be both a clone of bowser and mario?

Haha, just kidding.
It would be cool if he was in brawl.

Top Bottom