• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Star in Brawl: Stafy Joins as an Assist Trophy

SMRPG1

Smash Cadet
I think Stafy is a great Assist Trophy. Nice to see more Japan only characters being added as Assist Trophies.

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
i was thinking on the whole attackable AT thing and wondering if maybe the only way to get rid of those ATs is to KO them instead of them being time limited....

Sasori's_Shadow

Smash Apprentice
Glad to see Stafy included in some form. Even though he seemed like a decent option for playable status, I’d rather see him as an AT. Plus, I’m hoping this will raise Sukapon’s chances for a roster spot.

Bowser Jr. in no way deserves to be in Brawl... I think their taking a different route this time, meaning there won't be any clones like there was in melee.
And you’re basing this off what exactly? Junior’s extremely deserving, you only need to play a few of the more recent Mario games to realize this, but that’s not what bothers me. Stating that Junior’s only potential is as a Bowser clone is ignorant on so many levels. Really, I’ve heard this argument used against Junior so many times I’m having trouble counting. What’s so ridiculous about it is that the argument isn’t at all valid, it has no basis whatsoever. And because I really don’t feel like explaining this all over again I’m just going to re-post a “counter-argument” I made against this a while back:

There's a somewhat prominent argument against Junior that really bugs me though, and it's that Junior is a potential Bowser clone, or that his inclusion would mean less variety amongst Mario characters. I mean, I can somewhat understand the reasoning behind this argument, but the reasoning itself is elementary if you ask me. Junior is (obviously) Bowser's son; naturally he's going to look like Bowser. Does that take away from his move-set potential? Not in the least. Neither would I say that Junior's inclusion lessens variety among Mario characters. While he may look like Bowser, his character has been explored in a good amount of depth in Sunshine and even in Mario Superstar Baseball and Galaxy, and he's an entirely different character than Bowser. On top of that, he's important to the franchise itself, serving as the main antagonist of both Sunshine and the New Super Mario Bros, though also making several other appearances in the Mario sports titles, Galaxy, etc. Personally, I'd say Junior's potential inclusion alongside his father would only be fitting.

KingDedede2

Smash Cadet
I say again:

I'm disappointed at this Stafy AT ONLY for the fact that it's not Tingle we're able to beat the crap out of =(

Seriously, though, it would make perfect sense, and it'd make us happy =P Tingle could spin his little.. whatever it is around.. and throw sparkly stuff.. and then we can punch/kick/shoot/etc. him until he dies :D

It'd be a blast for everyone on the stage! He'd be my favorite AT if he were like that :D

(STAFY IS CUTE! OMG! *joygasms* What the hell is it about him that makes him so cute?! He's just a star with a happy face! Just like the drawings your teacher would do on your tests in grade school!)
I think stafy is really cute

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
I really thought stafy could have been a good character. He is basically like kirby (at least from what I've saw in gameplay).

Top Bottom