• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Staff Wielding Alchemist! Ryza of Atelier Ryza for Smash DLC!

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
I think ryzas chances went up a lot woth the new hyrule warriors game shown. Nintendo has show to be very close to the company, and us getting a character from them went up. I feel its between Ryu and Ryza. Ryu has the legacy status with ninja gaiden, Ryza has the points of her franchize is the big thing for the company now, she is the most popular main character of the series, has a new game coming to the swotch, and her moveset would be a lot more unique then ryus, which sakurai seems to be prioritizing
Between them I hope it’s Ryza, mainly because she’d be the first alchemist fighter and that’s a really exciting concept.

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
I would love Ryza, Neku or Yugo the most but I'm happy for any character if they're fun!
I want Ryza, Pauline, Lara, Dixie, and Crash the most. If it’s Ryza I think it’d be so cute if they added the other Atelier girls as her alts. That way she can be the female opposite of Hero.

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
I want Ryza, Pauline, Lara, Dixie, and Crash the most. If it’s Ryza I think it’d be so cute if they added the other Atelier girls as her alts. That way she can be the female opposite of Hero.
Wow never got notified of this response 😅 but I'd love all those as well! (Especially Lara, Crash and Pauline...I don't have much of an attachment to Dixie as I've never played DKC2 or any of the games with her in it sadly) and I'd love at least a Totori color

But it seems as though Ryza was disconfirmed

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
Well that sucks. I was really hopeful for a Mii costume at the very least, but that really seems like a hard deconfirm.
At least we got the sequel in December to look towards...and some places are getting restocks of physical copies of the first game as well...there was something about the game not being censored when released outside of japan (I didn't know they censored Atelier games), and it's also confirmed to be released for PS5 as well

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
honestly, i never really though she had a decent shot (or any atelier rep really) but i don't think that should be the end of her support. just being aware that she isnt fp8,9,10, or 11, and very likely wont be a third wave. but honestly there is nothing wrong by saying that mone want an atelier character in smash.. in fact.. steve ironically could be an interesting base for an atelier moveset. with neutral b being gather/craft and having an alchemical cauldron like steve's crafting table.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I know I'm late to the party, but I support. I finished Ryza 2 few months ago. I think she would bring interesting mechanic with alchemy and item combo. She is basically Joker of Atelier, being the most recent and popular character in her franchise. I doubt she is in the remaining slot, but for future installment, she would have slight chance despite her niche franchise. Still, I root for her.

Top Bottom