• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Stuff like that is what I mean when I say Snake is practically a mascot of Smash. He's always heavily associated with it in tons of fan works.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Hey for those who have mgsv, what is your favorite 80's song so far? I really like the selection but Take on me is still my favorite.

If snake got back in, what new metal gear stage would y'all want, for me Mother base would be a good candidate, but I'm not sure how the level should be set up and what gimmicks it might have.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hey for those who have mgsv, what is your favorite 80's song so far? I really like the selection but Take on me is still my favorite.

If snake got back in, what new metal gear stage would y'all want, for me Mother base would be a good candidate, but I'm not sure how the level should be set up and what gimmicks it might have.
You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) by Dead or Alive.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Doubt it means anything, but this Thursday the European Wii U e-shop is going to have Konami Krazy Racers...
At least it proves that Nintendo can work with Konami.

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
That makes me think of those weird move swap mods that people made back in the Brawl days. I wonder if anybody has done such with this game yet.
Personally, I like the Pikachu <-> Snake swap. Anything moveswap on Pikachu is so scary, yet hilarious.
Pikachu and his beefy legs :laugh:

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
A platform that moves to different places on Mother Base, similar to the Delfino stage. At one point, maybe Quiet shows up and attacks someone.

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
Maybe a travelling stage that brings the players to all the best moments in each MGS game. First Shadow Moses Island, then MGS2's battle with Vamp or the Hind D (Those battles were memorable for me, but i don't know about you guys), then Rokovoj Bereg (MGS3 final battle), ending with on top of the ship in MGS4.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) by Dead or Alive.
Just got that song on game. Huh, he even randomly has an eyepatch in the music video like snake. Yeah but just riding around on d horse and listing to 80s jams is fun in itself, even if it just traveling around.
A platform that moves to different places on Mother Base, similar to the Delfino stage. At one point, maybe Quiet shows up and attacks someone.
ah what if the flying platform portion could be a cargo container held up with Fulton balloons, maybe even a part it could be in the helicopter. Don't think quite would get in though, if we can't get thajara as a trophy then we probably wouldn't see a reference to her. Maybe ocelot, kaz, d dog, and other diamond dog soldiers could be in the background spectating.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

Shadow Moses would be great. Id be okay if it was changed to be more dynamic as well.

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
Shadow Moses would be great. Id be okay if it was changed to be more dynamic as well.
That got me wondering, how would you guys feel if they brought back Shadow Moses Island but made it so that Metal Gear Rex/Ray/Geckos actually attack? Would it be annoying like the yellow devil or would you guys won't mind it?

Boss characters in the stages are cool, but there are times where I wish there was a toggle button in the options to turn them off or remove their interference to the battle at hand.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
That got me wondering, how would you guys feel if they brought back Shadow Moses Island but made it so that Metal Gear Rex/Ray/Geckos actually attack? Would it be annoying like the yellow devil or would you guys won't mind it?

Boss characters in the stages are cool, but there are times where I wish there was a toggle button in the options to turn them off or remove their interference to the battle at hand.
That's Brilliant! Each of the Metal Gear could have different attacks. REX would be slow and devastating, using explosives with a wide AOE. RAY would be more agile, using faster, beam based attacks. GEKKO would work in a hoard, with strong melee attacks. Finally, maybe a player could pilot REX or RAY after damaging it enough.

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
That's Brilliant! Each of the Metal Gear could have different attacks. REX would be slow and devastating, using explosives with a wide AOE. RAY would be more agile, using faster, beam based attacks. GEKKO would work in a hoard, with strong melee attacks. Finally, maybe a player could pilot REX or RAY after damaging it enough.
Dude....you are a genius! I just imagine the whole thing playing in my head and I was like "Oh dam! This is too hype!" I like the piloting idea too. Imagine Mario in a Metal Gear, it's too cool and bad***!

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Dude....you are a genius! I just imagine the whole thing playing in my head and I was like "Oh dam! This is too hype!" I like the piloting idea too. Imagine Mario in a Metal Gear, it's too cool and bad***!
These two ideas just make me want Rules of Nature more. This is freaking genius!

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Maybe when someone starts to pilot the Metal Gear, Otacon or Mei Ling would call up and explain it to the player, and if there is a Snake player, there would be a special codec.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So uh... guys...

...I finally escaped the Phantom Pain for a minute to post here.

FOB has consumed my soul. I legit am top 700 on Espionage score without even trying lmao. Yesterday I went on a streak where I infiltrated 2 top 10 Espionage ranked players' bases and set off no alerts, no alert phases (those are different), and somehow no reflex mode triggers either.

I figured whatever God status I was gifted I need to give back to this cause, and that we need to fight to the bloody end (even if it's not in the game because Konami is the mobile game devil).

Edit: Can we get a select few of these songs in Smash on a Metal Gear stage when/if we get Snake back? Please?

MGS 3: Snake Eater
Snake Eater Theme (Vocal Edition)
Escape from the Sewers
CQC
Battle in the Jungle
Ocelot Youth (preferably an edited down version)
The Fear
Escape from the Fortress
Taking on the Shagohod

MGS: Portable Ops
To Arms
Python
Fortress

MGS: Peace Walker
Peace Walker Main Theme (might need to be the edited version) [how can you not love this song?]
Heavy Arms
Heavens Divide (might need to be edited down)

MGS V: Ground Zeroes
Ground Zeroes Main/Intro Theme
Bloodstained Anthem (with a mix of "Withered Peace" and "The Girl's Gone"; here's the in-game mix of it) [might be my fave MGS song ever]
Peace Walker Main Theme Medley (also appears in The Phantom Pain as the loadout menu theme)
Heavens Divide Medley [Instrumental] (also appears in The Phantom Pain)

MGS V: The Phantom Pain
Sins of the Father
V Has Come To
Metallic Archaea
OKB Zero
Quiet's Theme
Quiet's Theme (Donna Burke humming version)

Metal Gear
Theme of Tara (original)
Red Alert
Sneaking Mission
Escape - Beyond Big Boss

Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Zanzibar Breeze (original version)
Level 3 Warning
Big Boss

Metal Gear Solid
Main Theme
Encounter Theme (The original... although the remix from Brawl was pretty great too!)
Mantis' Hymn
Duel - Boss Battle Theme
Escape
The Best Is Yet To Come
MG2 Theme of Tara (VR Missions Version)

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Main Theme (cut out the slow intro though)
Lethal Encounter (Album+Game mix; here's the game mix only version)
RAY Escapes
Battle Theme (Plant chapter)
Arsenal's Guts
Father and Son

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Old Snake
Love Theme
Gekko Theme
Haven Troopers
Metal Gear Saga - Metal Gear Main Theme
MGS1 Encounter Theme Remix
MGS1 Mantis' Hymn

Last edited:

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see Groznyj Grad as a moving stage! I've always been a fan of stages like Delfino Plaza and Skyloft, and Groznyj Grad would make the most sense for a Metal Gear moving stage because of MGS3D.

Also, imagine if you were being chased by the Shagohod in-between stops! That would be pretty awesome!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Groznyj Grad is literally the perfect choice of a stage... although I have no idea how I would design it.

It is too bad we don't have MGS V on the WiiU, because I would die for a Camp Omega stage.

If I had a Metal Gear dream stage tier list it would have to be:
15. Serak Power Plant in Afghanistan (The Phantom Pain)
14. Nova Braga Airport in the Angola/Zaire border region (The Phantom Pain)
13. Outer Heaven (Metal Gear)
12. Vista Mansion area Battlefield in the South American Jungle (MGS4)
11. Sahelanthropus' Hangar (The Phantom Pain)
10. Zanzibar Lands (Metal Gear 2)
9. Outer Haven (MGS4)
8. REX's Hangar (MGS1/4)
7. OKB Zero (The Phantom Pain)
6. MSF's Mother Base Hangar in the Caribbean (Peace Walker)
5. The Big Shell (MGS2)
4. Diamond Dog's Mother Base near Seychelles (The Phantom Pain
3. Camp Omega (Ground Zeroes)
2. Groznyj Grad (MGS3)
1. The Tanker (MGS2)

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I think a stage based on the final area from MGS3 (The Flower Field where you fought The Boss) would be pretty cool. Pedals gently flying around, nothing stopping you but yourself and the opponent. And when ever someone gets KO'd, the pedals would turn to red for a couple seconds, then turn back to white. It's also an MGS3 stage, so that helps (Plus, hearing Snake Eater during this fight would be so great).

Actually, how do you guys think stages would be handled for Snake if he were to be added? One single stage across both versions like Ryu, or Shadow Moses Island for 3DS, while Wii U gets a brand new stage (MGS3 or even MGSV). I honestly couldn't decide on either choice. :p

Last edited:

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
We need some info sooner rather then later, people are getting anxious and these fake rumors/possible rumors are just getting tiring at this point.

There was also that fake twitter account that was posing as nintendo of america with only a letter difference between it and the real one, had to block that just to not see all the BS.

----
One thing with the ballot now too is with it saying they may show your vote publicly perhaps some of those will be incorporated into a reveal trailer. Even though i still dont believe we will get any actual numbers or a ranking revealed publicly when all is said and done. If sakurai truly doesnt like cutting anyone, he should really feel it if he takes notice of the snake votes. I get the feeling though that hes going to do whatever he wants regardless of the volume of votes, worst case scenario is that we dont get snake and that he still never explains why he wasnt in the initial game.

either way all we can do is sit and watch

LOL, I can't help but to ask, but is that Rosalina next to Snake LOL

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Stuff like that is what I mean when I say Snake is practically a mascot of Smash. He's always heavily associated with it in tons of fan works.
It's because they really played up his inclusion in Brawl. He got codecs, his own stage, an important role in SSE, was one of the first newcomers shown off, has a unique, non-reductive moveset (lookin' at YOU, Sonic), lots of trophies and music. Contrary to what the haters say, he was really well integrated into Brawl, and his appearance in it was pretty unforgettable. Hence why we still have fan-art of him in Smash-related stuff. Or why the codecs were explicitly referred to as being similar to Snake's.

And I'm glad others like the idea of a stage boss on Shadow Moses. I mean, it looks like it might have even been a precursor to the idea. That Metal Gear is just raring to go and get into the action. Let's free him. #FreeMetalGear

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Actually, how do you guys think stages would be handled for Snake if he were to be added? One single stage across both versions like Ryu, or Shadow Moses Island for 3DS, while Wii U gets a brand new stage (MGS3 or even MGSV). I honestly couldn't decide on either choice. :p
I think Shadow Moses for both is the most likely, it would play into the "more for less" appeal to bringing Snake back. I really rather they not do different stagers per version, I hate how there are so many good stages I can't play with friends since it's only on the 3DS or can't play when I'm on the go since they're stuck on the Wii U. Version exclusive stages were a terrible idea with the exception of stages that simply cannot work on the 3DS.

I rather it be unchanged from Brawl. The stage was great fun in Brawl partially thanks to is simplicity, and destructible towers kept it from being boring. I'd hate to see it ruined with an oversized enemy changing the focus from battling each other to having to remove the obstacle.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Just took a glance at the Metal Gear REX VS Metal Gear RAY scene from MGS4 - think it'd be a worthy candidate if Snake were to have a new Final Smash?

I guess it's settled - wouldn't mind stomping around in that!

Last edited:

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
It's because they really played up his inclusion in Brawl. He got codecs, his own stage, an important role in SSE, was one of the first newcomers shown off, has a unique, non-reductive moveset (lookin' at YOU, Sonic), lots of trophies and music. Contrary to what the haters say, he was really well integrated into Brawl, and his appearance in it was pretty unforgettable. Hence why we still have fan-art of him in Smash-related stuff. Or why the codecs were explicitly referred to as being similar to Snake's.

And I'm glad others like the idea of a stage boss on Shadow Moses. I mean, it looks like it might have even been a precursor to the idea. That Metal Gear is just raring to go and get into the action. Let's free him. #FreeMetalGear
The most saddest thing was when I started up the 3DS game and I saw no reference to Snake. Literally nothing and I unlocked every trophy too. It just breaks my heart to see an amazing franchise just disappear from a game just like that. It felt like the game was missing something. It's smash but there is something missing from it and that something was the Metal Gear franchise. You are right, he was so well-integrated that having him not in smash seems so off.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
My God. Nintendo with these leaks!

First, apparently a billion people know who the next Smash Newcomer is (most likely Inklings). And now Twilight Princess HD is all but publicly confirmed.

Get your **** together, Nintendo! For Christ sake.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The more I think about whether I'd rather have Solid Snake or Big Boss back, the more I think I would rather have the former be the default and the latter the alternate outfit.

It would be so cool if we got 8 outfits for Big Boss and Snake

Big Boss (note: the same look of Big Boss from MGS3 or Peace Walker would be wearing these):
Olive Drab Camo (MGS3) [default] [Green Color]*
Squares Camo (MGS3) [Red Color]*
The Animal Camo (Ocelot battle outfit) (MGS3)*
MGS3 Sneaking Suit
CQC Enhancer Suit (Portable Ops)
Peace Walker Sneaking Suit
SV-Sneaking Suit (Ground Zeroes) [Blue Color]*
The Phantom Pain Sneaking Suit

Solid Snake (note: the same look of Solid Snake from MGS2/Brawl would be wearing these):
MGS2 Sneaking Suit [default]*
MGS2 Sneaking Suit with the color of the Fire camo from MGS3 [Red Color]*
MGS2 Sneaking Suit with the color of the Splitter camo from MGS3 [Blue Color]*
MGS2 Sneaking Suit with the color of the Snow camo from MGS3
MGS1 Sneaking Suit
MGS4 Sneaking Suit
Pliskin Outfit (MGS2) [Green Color]*
Tuxedo

* = If we only got 4 outfits for both Big Boss and Solid Snake, I would pick those 4 for each of them.

- Honorable mentions -
Big Boss:
Tiger Stripes Camo (MGS3)

Solid Snake:
MGS1 Sneaking Suit with Snake imported from MGS1
MGS4 Middle Eastern Robes

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
This article should prove to any non believer that snake and his series are far above the cut opposed to how they try to downplay his significance to gaming or that he isn't as big as other third parties

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
This article should prove to any non believer that snake and his series are far above the cut opposed to how they try to downplay his significance to gaming or that he isn't as big as other third parties

Let's be fair here though. Games typically cost more than cinema tickets.
Still, Having a better opening than Ultron (which I believe had the best day 1 opening(?) and the third highest grossing film this year (so far)) is, as Ocelot would say, Pretty Good.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
as Ocelot would say, Pretty Good.
"You are decently alright." - Magnum Cat

"You certainly aren't mediocre." - Pistol Bobcat

"You're fairly okay." - Pump-action Puma

"You can be moderately satisfactory." - Automatic Adamska

"You are better than decent." - Kalashnikov Kitten

"You are above average." - Luger Lynx

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
If Snake doesn't get in, how can we show Sakurai (and Konami) that we still want Snake? We shouldn't give up. Look at the K. Rool people.

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
If Snake doesn't get in, how can we show Sakurai (and Konami) that we still want Snake? We shouldn't give up. Look at the K. Rool people.
The ballot was one way that we can show Sakurai and Konami that we wanted Snake in Smash. The snake amiibo retweet by Kojima and Konami retweeting someone's vote was really cool on their part. Makes it feel like they want Snake in the game too. Maybe showing off creative things can boost up their notice for us wanting Snake in the game. I do a bit of art and I have drawings on Miiverse, but I don't think I'm much help there.

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
The ballot was one way that we can show Sakurai and Konami that we wanted Snake in Smash. The snake amiibo retweet by Kojima and Konami retweeting someone's vote was really cool on their part. Makes it feel like they want Snake in the game too. Maybe showing off creative things can boost up their notice for us wanting Snake in the game. I do a bit of art and I have drawings on Miiverse, but I don't think I'm much help there.
I do pictures with my Snake smash mii on miiverse too
And I promote Snake on Facebook
-----
Or well someone could do art on Deviantart or Tumblr like newcomers fans, as Shantae, Bandana and Shovel, or Smashified propaganda
Or a webpage like the Roy's fanbase for prom and antihate FAQs

Last edited:

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Yeah - people use the Konami argument as ammunition, which I don't think it really should be. Just boils down to personal opinions, desires and perspectives. People are going to think what they want to think or just follow the "popular" opinion.

Was awesome that Snake Rocket Punched that Ballot in the face!

Konami will be releasing costume DLC (...and I hope a better conclusion now that we know how successful it was) so they are still supporting the game Nd the franchise. They are still supporting Nintendo even - we got a 3DS Snske Eater theme not too long ago and Konami Krazy Racers is coming to the VC in EU (and I hope 'Murica too). Grey Fox is in that game!

I am going to download the MGS3 theme when I get home - hopefully will bring some luck our way!

Top Bottom