• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

So the other day I'm with my dad at Tim Horton's talking about Christmas gifts. I tell him that I wanted a Cardboard Box for Christmas and asks why. So I show him this picture and star to explain the details about the box. However, before I can ten explain it to him, he starts roaring with laughter. Confused, I ask him what's so funny? My dad then tell start telling me how he used to hide and sneak in boxes to spy on the enemy. My dad is Big Boss which means I'm...
If it works, then it works. I mean, the British used cow or sheep - I don't remember which - suits in World War I or was it WWII? Whatever, in espionage, everything works. Even cardboard boxes.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
@ Ekans647 Ekans647

I saw this image and thought of you buddy

------

Other then that how has everyone been doing? Keeping the faith alive i see. Well even if we dont get any news on snake in smash bros for a while, we can still enjoy all the news we're getting from mgs5. Which i hear we will learn and see the new Metal Gear Online next week. Im curious to see how it will work as well, with the bases and what not.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Guys, I've made my first custom stage...what do you think about it?
image.jpg

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
@ Ekans647 Ekans647

I saw this image and thought of you buddy

------

Other then that how has everyone been doing? Keeping the faith alive i see. Well even if we dont get any news on snake in smash bros for a while, we can still enjoy all the news we're getting from mgs5. Which i hear we will learn and see the new Metal Gear Online next week. Im curious to see how it will work as well, with the bases and what not.
Yes. That is awesome! Great to have you back, Hero! So what do you guys want for Christmas?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yes. That is awesome! Great to have you back, Hero! So what do you guys want for Christmas?
A Direct that announces Snake and Wolf returning to Smash! And a PS4 so I can wait on The Phantom Pain.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I always imagined Mewtwo and Snake in a trailer together, as they are both clones.

Mewtwo would be held captive in a facility, and Snake has to go and save him for their "next mission". Then cuts to gameplay of the two and shows off their new final smashes, Mewtwo getting Mega Mewtwo Y and Snake getting Metal Gear Rex. Then the trailer could end with Metal Gear Solid V coming to Wii U.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I always imagined Mewtwo and Snake in a trailer together, as they are both clones.

Mewtwo would be held captive in a facility, and Snake has to go and save him for their "next mission". Then cuts to gameplay of the two and shows off their new final smashes, Mewtwo getting Mega Mewtwo Y and Snake getting Metal Gear Rex. Then the trailer could end with Metal Gear Solid V coming to Wii U.

That's the greatest thing I've ever heard!! But still, I need to see wolf pretty soon.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

What I want for Christmas in a nutshell.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
In the meantime, I have to deal with Shadow Moses Stage Builder and Mii Snake.

It feels like sitting in a box (:troll:) and pretending to drive a car.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
If Shadow Moses came back as a past stage, it'd be cool if there was an easter egg where you pressed a certain button when loading which gave the stage the textures from The Twin Snakes, seeing how the designs differ between the original and the Gamecube remake.

No. Just no. And I'm not Solidus either, that would be my brother.
Kay then. Let me know in a decade or so if he becomes president.

Guys, I've made my first custom stage...what do you think about it?
At a guess, I'd say....Arsenal Gear? I don't have the game, so I don't know too much about what you can do with the new stage builder, aside from what was shown in the 50-fact direct thing.

----

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
If Shadow Moses came back as a past stage, it'd be cool if there was an easter egg where you pressed a certain button when loading which gave the stage the textures from The Twin Snakes, seeing how the designs differ between the original and the Gamecube remake.

Kay then. Let me know in a decade or so if he becomes president.

At a guess, I'd say....Arsenal Gear? I don't have the game, so I don't know too much about what you can do with the new stage builder, aside from what was shown in the 50-fact direct thing.

----
Now I need a sword-weilding bishōnen sidekick and a blue bandana and I'm set.

In the meantime, I have to deal with Shadow Moses Stage Builder and Mii Snake.

It feels like sitting in a box (:troll:) and pretending to drive a car.
That's a Spongebob reference. Imagination for the win.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
How do I make shadow moses on stage builder?

I try but the other guy gets stuck on the bottom and stuff.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Assuming that he does get in, do you guys think that they would go with his appearance in MGS4 considering that was his last appearance?

If that's the case, I'd like to see a Snake trailer based on his "War Has Changed" speech in the intro.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Assuming that he does get in, do you guys think that they would go with his appearance in MGS4 considering that was his last appearance?

If that's the case, I'd like to see a Snake trailer based on his "War Has Changed" speech in the intro.
Not really, they didn't go with pacman's ghostly adventures form(thank god) or sonic's sonic boom form(again, thank god)
I think MGS2 with a grown out beard is the best, it is after all, his most iconic iteration. I mean, if you look up "solid snake" on google images, his brawl form is the 1st thing to pop up. Hopefully we also get a MGS3 alt.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

Old Snake was one of the least popular iteration of Snake, with Solidus being the worst, so I don't Old Snake will the Snake representing MGS. I think it will be MGS2 with a beard, and MGS3 Naked Snake as an alt. Moveset wise, his U-Smash was reference to MGS4 before the game was even released.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I kind of want MGS1 Snake. Y'know, the one without a beard and wearing a winter, ballistics vest - I don't know what that is.

Or we could go all retro with this. I mean, it'd save time and money on texturing. :p

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I kind of want MGS1 Snake. Y'know, the one without a beard and wearing a winter, ballistics vest - I don't know what that is.

Or we could go all retro with this. I mean, it'd save time and money on texturing. :p
I recall a looong time ago someone posted that version of Snake in this thread, but added a beard on him and gave him the mullet. That's my ideal Snake, ballistic vest and the iconic beard.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

I'd prefer it if they went the hybrid route again. Beard(Big Boss) and the MGS2 Sneaking Suit(Solid Snake)

I wouldn't complain if we got Big Boss in fatigues from Peace Walker or the MGS4 OctoCamo, though.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So The Completionist posted a video showing all I think 700-ish trophies lately. I can't check right now but is Snake one of those trophies?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
So The Completionist posted a video showing all I think 700-ish trophies lately. I can't check right now but is Snake one of those trophies?
I don't know, but in the words of Kojima, "I don't think that's likely"
Hopefully someone gets the list and writes it down. Or I'll check in a minute.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I recall a looong time ago someone posted that version of Snake in this thread, but added a beard on him and gave him the mullet. That's my ideal Snake, ballistic vest and the iconic beard.
I agree. That would be amazing, since his best suit was his MGS1 Suit, but his best hair was the mullet and beard. The only other thing I would want is that Sakurai removes the slouch he had in Brawl. I want Snake to stand at full height.

I'd prefer it if they went the hybrid route again. Beard(Big Boss) and the MGS2 Sneaking Suit(Solid Snake)

I wouldn't complain if we got Big Boss in fatigues from Peace Walker or the MGS4 OctoCamo, though.
Why not just have a separate alt. Big Boss, that way we have both?

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
Old Snake was one of the least popular iteration of Snake.

He must have sneaked his way into Scribblenauts. :troll:

For me I would like to see his Metal Gear (game) outfit as an alternate costume if that is an option as Snake probably has one of the most potential of different looks that rivals the Miis if you take into account of all the outfits and camouflages he wore in the entire franchise. Altair's outfit anyone?

His name is Snake so technically his latest appearance is in Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

He must have sneaked his way into Scribblenauts. :troll:

For me I would like to see his Metal Gear (game) outfit as an alternate costume if that is an option as Snake probably has one of the most potential of different looks that rivals the Miis if you take into account of all the outfits and camouflages he wore in the entire franchise. Altair's outfit anyone?

His name is Snake so technically his latest appearance is in Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain.
Just because I said he was one of the least popular doesn't mean that Old Snake is unpopular.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I think I mentioned it before in another post. But the most stupidly insane thing Snake haters say that drives me up the wall is this.

"Snake was a one time thing"

WTF

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Solid Snake never had a beard as part of his image. It was either a stubble like in MGS2 or the mustache in MGS4.

Solidus and Naked Snake/Big Boss were the ones with beards as part of their image. Big Boss started it while Solidus was the perfect clone so, he imitated everything to look like him.

Liquid's iconic image is blond, long, and luscious hair, awesome pecs, and his overcoat.

Snake in Brawl despite being called Solid Snake is more like a fusion of both Naked and Solid since Solid wore the suit while Naked made the "yum" noises, had the beard, and the palette swaps that were based on his camouflage in MGS3.

Personally, MGS1 - cropped hair, ballistics vest, and no beard - or MGS2 Solid Snake - mullet, no ballistics vest, and stubble - would be the most iconic followed by MGS4 because that's a departure of Snake being incredibly old and it makes people feel sad even if he has a cool suit. Or we could go with MG Snake in his fatigues which isn't well-known, but could serve as another alt.

That said, if Big Boss made it in instead, then either Peace Walker - MSF Sneaking Suit or fatigues - or MGS3 - prototype suit or Tiger Stripe fatigues with or without the bandanna - Naked Snake since those are the least "graphic" games of the series. The issue is that it would cause some confusion to players on which Snake is it. Sure, The Phantom Pain Big Boss could work, but I doubt Nintendo would allow it since he has a protruding shrapnel on his head and scars. Now, Big Boss with the overcoat would work fine except the issue with reputation since most people are used to seeing either Solid Snake or Naked Snake/Big Boss before he's a senior.

I agree. That would be amazing, since his best suit was his MGS1 Suit, but his best hair was the mullet and beard. The only other thing I would want is that Sakurai removes the slouch he had in Brawl. I want Snake to stand at full height.

Why not just have a separate alt. Big Boss, that way we have both?
Solid Snake and Big Boss always slouched in their games. Same thing with Raiden pre-Rising. Heck, even Sam Fisher and the Assassins from Assassin's Creed slouched. I think it's a way to lower their appearance since they're trying to sneak around along with the fact they're all tall so, being "shorter" is probably more helpful when they're trying to not get caught and not getting shot by snipers.

In a fighting game, slouching means they have a smaller hitbox. Ganondorf and Bowser stand upright and they're huge targets compared to Brawl Wolf who was almost crouching and Ike who's slightly scrunched in. Wait... is Ike slightly shorter than Marth because he's slouching?

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Solid Snake never had a beard as part of his image. It was either a stubble like in MGS2 or the mustache in MGS4.

Solidus and Naked Snake/Big Boss were the ones with beards as part of their image. Big Boss started it while Solidus was the perfect clone so, he imitated everything to look like him.
I meant someone literally added the mullet and beard to his MGS1 art. I know that Solid never had a full beard. I think you misconstrued my post.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

Liquid's iconic image is blond, long, and luscious hair, awesome pecs, and his overcoat.

Snake in Brawl despite being called Solid Snake is more like a fusion of both Naked and Solid since Solid wore the suit while Naked made the "yum" noises, had the beard, and the palette swaps that were based on his camouflage in MGS3.

Personally, MGS1 - cropped hair, ballistics vest, and no beard - or MGS2 Solid Snake - mullet, no ballistics vest, and stubble - would be the most iconic followed by MGS4 because that's a departure of Snake being incredibly old and it makes people feel sad even if he has a cool suit. Or we could go with MG Snake in his fatigues which isn't well-known, but could serve as another alt.

That said, if Big Boss made it in instead, then either Peace Walker - MSF Sneaking Suit or fatigues - or MGS3 - prototype suit or Tiger Stripe fatigues with or without the bandanna - Naked Snake since those are the least "graphic" games of the series. The issue is that it would cause some confusion to players on which Snake is it. Sure, The Phantom Pain Big Boss could work, but I doubt Nintendo would allow it since he has a protruding shrapnel on his head and scars. Now, Big Boss with the overcoat would work fine except the issue with reputation since most people are used to seeing either Solid Snake or Naked Snake/Big Boss before he's a senior.

Solid Snake and Big Boss always slouched in their games. Same thing with Raiden pre-Rising. Heck, even Sam Fisher and the Assassins from Assassin's Creed slouched. I think it's a way to lower their appearance since they're trying to sneak around along with the fact they're all tall so, being "shorter" is probably more helpful when they're trying to not get caught and not getting shot by snipers.

In a fighting game, slouching means they have a smaller hitbox. Ganondorf and Bowser stand upright and they're huge targets compared to Brawl Wolf who was almost crouching and Ike who's slightly scrunched in. Wait... is Ike slightly shorter than Marth because he's slouching?
You know more about MGS than I do "because I can't play any of the games" I say as I cry in the corner of shame…
But your point about slouching giving a character a smaller hitbox is good point.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I meant someone literally added the mullet and beard to his MGS1 art. I know that Solid never had a full beard. I think you misconstrued my post.
Well, you said it was your ideal Snake, but then you mentioned "iconic" which isn't iconic when it comes to Solid Snake.

You know more about MGS than I do "because I can't play any of the games" I say as I cry in the corner of shame…
But your point about slouching giving a character a smaller hitbox is good point.
You could read the wiki; it's a long read.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Well, you said it was your ideal Snake, but then you mentioned "iconic" which isn't iconic when it comes to Solid Snake.

I read what I can.

quote="LIQUIDFGC, post: 18092761, member: 253698"]wat about teh SUHNGLAHSES

he lacks a seuss hat tho[/quote]
Snake in a Seuss Hat. That's sounds like a children's show. It would be the most inappropriate children's show ever.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Iconic to Smash Bros... Come on man read between the lines here pal.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I just gotta comment on this image...who the hell edited those first two? Haha, the first is the mgs3d snake render with an in game image of the young snake face camo plastered over his head. And the second is just old snakes face (sans the mustache and grey hair) on johnny sasaki's body. Nothing huge but it bugs me that someone put those together and how visually off they appear, apologies if your the artist of that though bro.

Last edited:
Top Bottom