• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I'm going to be honest, I just needed an excuse to post all of the series symbols somewhere. :p

But anyway, the new Smash does feel somewhat incomplete with out them. It is one thing to lose semi clones like Lucas and Wolf, but to lose two unique characters let alone two franchises from Smash is kind of a blow.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I'm going to be honest, I just needed an excuse to post all of the series symbols somewhere. :p

But anyway, the new Smash does feel somewhat incomplete with out them. It is one thing to lose semi clones like Lucas and Wolf, but to lose two unique characters let alone two franchises from Smash is kind of a blow.
Well, not exactly all of them. Just the ones represented by the characters.

Also, found this comment while listening to the SSBB Encounter track:

Not sure if it's a valid comparison or not, but what are your thoughts?

----

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

----
I thought that Kojima wanted Snake in Smash 4 but didnt want Metal Gear on the Wii U.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman

----
Super Valid

Snake was in the Game to Promote MGS4. If he wasn't, then the Gekkos wouldn't of been in Shadow Moses...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Super Valid

Snake was in the Game to Promote MGS4. If he wasn't, then the Gekkos wouldn't of been in Shadow Moses...
There's more promotion (and foreshadowing) to MGS4 than just the Gekkos.

See Meta Knight's codec.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hell, Shadow Moses in itself is foreshadowing. REX and RAY, with Gekkos...the three are related in Act 4.

Kojima has balls.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
There was a Snake image a few months ago where he tied up Mario and a few others and threatened to kill them if he didn't return.

Wanna know what happened?

yDoDJx2.gif

:seuss:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
So I ask my dad what he think of the new Assassin's Creed that my sister bought. He says it cool. SO I then ask him how he feels about the violence in the game. He says it doesn't matter because it's 'just cartoon violence'. ugh. I know I can't MGS but this is ridiculous.

There was a Snake image a few months ago where he tied up Mario and a few others and threatened to kill them if he didn't return.

Wanna know what happened?

Hlarious.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So I ask my dad what he think of the new Assassin's Creed that my sister bought. He says it cool. SO I then ask him how he feels about the violence in the game. He says it doesn't matter because it's 'just cartoon violence'. ugh. I know I can't MGS but this is ridiculous.

Hlarious.
>actual humans
>actual real world setting
>cartoon violence

Sure. Makes perfect sense.

Don't take the gif too personal, it was an idea I had, lol.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I thought that Kojima wanted Snake in Smash 4 but didnt want Metal Gear on the Wii U.
I think he was talking about those people who say that and as excuse for him not to be in. I'm guessing the reason they didn't bring it was because they think there will be low profit from a wii u version or something.

Sewnic

Smash Cadet
Well, I've some interesting news.

I returned from Best Buy several hours ago to pay off Smash Wii U when it came to my notice that there was an actual Nintendo employee setting up the Amiibo corner. I was confused as to why any average Best Buy employee couldn't have done it, but rules are rules I suppose. I conversed with the employee (who was very amiicable) for a bit, though one question lingered on the back of my mind - and I'm sure everyone here knows what that question is. As soon as we began speaking of Smash, it all came together instantaneously, and I had a moment of clarity. I left the employee to browse some Blu-Rays and ultimately decided that I needed to ask about Snake's fate. I couldn't leave the store being wholly aware that the closest thing I had to inside knowledge was present within the same area I was in. I knew I wasn't going to get any definitive or blunt answer, but this was a rare opportunity and it wouldn't have hurt to kindly ask.

I returned to the Amiibo section and asked this person if they knew anything about Snake returning for Smash Wii U/3DS anytime soon, when they responded with how they (referring to Nintendo) haven't heard anything yet. The employee continued by stating "Nintendo's current state of DLC" and with third party Amiibos becoming a reality (such as Sonic and Mega Man figures releasing in February), anything is possible. They then changed the subject and left it at that.

When they spoke of the "current state of DLC", I'm fairly certain they mean Nintendo's current embrace of it - with Mewtwo returning to Smash, the Mario Kart 8 DLC, and Fire Emblem Awakening DLC.

Either way, it's fulfilling to see some light on this subject being acknowledged by some form of Nintendo.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

I returned from Best Buy several hours ago to pay off Smash Wii U when it came to my notice that there was an actual Nintendo employee setting up the Amiibo corner. I was confused as to why any average Best Buy employee couldn't have done it, but rules are rules I suppose. I conversed with the employee (who was very amiicable) for a bit, though one question lingered on the back of my mind - and I'm sure everyone here knows what that question is. As soon as we began speaking of Smash, it all came together instantaneously, and I had a moment of clarity. I left the employee to browse some Blu-Rays and ultimately decided that I needed to ask about Snake's fate. I couldn't leave the store being wholly aware that the closest thing I had to inside knowledge was present within the same area I was in. I knew I wasn't going to get any definitive or blunt answer, but this was a rare opportunity and it wouldn't have hurt to kindly ask.

I returned to the Amiibo section and asked this person if they knew anything about Snake returning for Smash Wii U/3DS anytime soon, when they responded with how they (referring to Nintendo) haven't heard anything yet. The employee continued by stating "Nintendo's current state of DLC" and with third party Amiibos becoming a reality (such as Sonic and Mega Man figures releasing in February), anything is possible. They then changed the subject and left it at that.

When they spoke of the "current state of DLC", I'm fairly certain they mean Nintendo's current embrace of it - with Mewtwo returning to Smash, the Mario Kart 8 DLC, and Fire Emblem Awakening DLC.

Either way, it's fulfilling to see some light on this subject being acknowledged by some form of Nintendo.
That's definitely interesting.

I only wish that there are indeed plans for Snake.

:c

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

Interesting. If there are plans for snake, the guy probably couldn't tell you either, so that's something to keep in mind as well.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
That's a common misconception, Kojima never said he didn't want Metal Gear on Wii U, he even stated when the Wii U came out that IF a Metal Gear came out he would want to make a new experience from the ground up. Besides all that, it's not Kojima's call in the first place, no matter how much he wants a game to be, or not to be, on a console, it's ultimately Konami's call, and, let's face it, Konami hasn't been all that generous to Nintendo recently. If it was Kojima's call Snake would already be in Sm4sh.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
So I was on Kotaku and I found the article. It's not to long so give it a read.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/11/th...er-would-have-changed-about-metal-gear-solid/

What do you guys think? Do you agree or disagree with David? Personally, I'd would be okay with both endings. David's ending would have really added some impact to the series, but the canon ending gave us the resolution with BB and Snake, which I love.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So I was on Kotaku and I found the article. It's not to long so give it a read.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/11/th...er-would-have-changed-about-metal-gear-solid/

What do you guys think? Do you agree or disagree with David? Personally, I'd would be okay with both endings. David's ending would have really added some impact to the series, but the canon ending gave us the resolution with BB and Snake, which I love.
If the BB ending cut the fat exposition, then it'd be miles better.

That first ending actually sounds like an interesting concept because I legitimately did think that he shot himself until the cutscenes faked me out.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
It's like se7en where the alternate ending they wrote would have been much better. I haven't played mgs4 so I can't comment on the ending there though.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
About MGS4 Ending
I'm more for the BB ending. I know, Solid's suicide would have been a wonderful ending, but I just can't find right than someone who have fought for the peace can't live what he remains to live in peace...until, you know, Sakurai and Mario contacts him for another battle...

However, MGS3 10th anniversary!! I changed my avatar in honour of it!

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I was once fine with Snake not coming back and thought of the possibility of having Simon Belmont take his place, but then I played Smash for 3DS. My second main was missing! :(

If he were to return, should it be Old Snake or Solid Snake as the default costume? I personally prefer Big Boss/Naked Snake.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I was once fine with Snake not coming back and thought of the possibility of having Simon Belmont take his place, but then I played Smash for 3DS. My second main was missing! :(

If he were to return, should it be Old Snake or Solid Snake as the default costume? I personally prefer Big Boss/Naked Snake.
I'm thinking MGS2 Snake with Big Boss and Old Snake alts. I would love to see a MGS1 Snake alt though.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Would you guys like it if you could use the custom photo-camos from snake eater 3d as alternate color schemes for snake in smash?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
No comment since I've never played SE3D.
It's where you take a photo using your 3ds camera, and it makes a custom camouflage for you to use in game. I think the camou gives you special effects. IDK because I have't played it either(don't have a 3ds.)

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Highlight of my Day: My dad asks me what gun I'm going to buy, so I say "I dunno, but the H&K SOCOM seems pretty solid." :smirk:

I didn't even mean to make that reference.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan

I'd prefer for the MGS2/Brawl Snake to come back. Hell, if they didn't change Link/Ganon/Zelda to Skyward Sword versions I doubt they'd change Snake.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Highlight of my Day: My dad asks me what gun I'm going to buy, so I say "I dunno, but the H&K SOCOM seems pretty solid." :smirk:

I didn't even mean to make that reference.
The question is whether he caught the reference.

And I assume you mean airsoft right?

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Air soft gun or real gun??
The question is whether he caught the reference.

And I assume you mean airsoft right?
I didn't intend to make that reference, so he definitely wouldn't have got it. And I'm talking about a real gun. My family is hardcore military, with my dad being a paratrooper. He actively encourages us shooting and hunting and I still can't play MGS, which is still ironic...

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I didn't intend to make that reference, so he definitely wouldn't have got it. And I'm talking about a real gun. My family is hardcore military, with my dad being a paratrooper. He actively encourages us shooting and hunting and I still can't play MGS, which is still ironic...
Captura.PNG

...ok.

And while we're on the subject, I found your father:

:seuss::seuss::seuss::seuss::seuss::seuss::seuss::seuss::seuss::seuss::seuss::seuss::seuss::seuss::seuss::seuss::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

pls dont be offended

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai can be an idiot sometimes:

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-no-premium-smash-bros-dlc-currently-planned-more/

On any plans for additional characters or stages as DLC…

I understand that DLC could add a lot to the appeal of Smash Bros., and I appreciate that a major part of the excitement for these games come from which characters will appear in the roster, so I think fans could really enjoy DLC that could keep this excitement going. However, I think there might be criticism that we are cutting up content to sell characters one by one, or that we are adding things later that should have been there from the start.

Creating a single fighter involves a huge investment, and we’ve already been giving it our all and investing a lot of work in the characters currently available in the game and, I think it’s an incredible package in terms of the sheer amount of content in the game. But it might be that people may not understand and may think that I am not offering enough by just looking at DLC itself.

In light of this, we always need to weigh up both sides of this topic and carefully consider whether it really is best to have DLC or not.

However, what I can say now about paid DLC is that we aren’t working on anything at the moment. We’ve put all our efforts into making the actual game. Creating DLC would involve large additional costs and require the involvement of a lot of people. I can’t yet give you an answer about whether the price would justify the costs and criticisms mentioned above.
Sigh..

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Ah, IMO It's just another Sakurai's statement tha will turn to be wrong or false.

"The 3DS version will not cut something from the Wii U"
*Coff Coff Ice Climbers Coff Coff*

"Bandai Namco will not have a special treatment"
SEGA and Capcom: 1 playable character, 1 assist, 1 stage (actually 2 for Sonic, but one is from Brawl), 1 enemy in Smash Run.
Bandai Namco: 1 playable character, 1 assist, 2 new stage, 1 item, 1 enemy in Smash Run and lots of song in the Wii U version(even not from Pac-Man).

"We haven't add more Melee cut because they are hard to take from that old game"
Two weeks later...Mewtwo.

And even if he isn't for DLC, Iwata surely is. And Iwata is the one who takes the decisions, not Sakurai, because he is who paid the develoopers. And we still have that "Smash 6" thing for the 2015...

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
lol, where's that from?

Don't worry my dad's a good guy, its just that everyone is flawed.
You can't be serious in that you've never heard of Team Fortress 2.

But if you are, that's the Soldier, a die hard patriotic gun loving war veteran.

Top Bottom