• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I’m more curious now as to what Papa Genos has to say about Sabi. He vouched so much for Sabi and said they were great and a trusted source,

But now,
Ohohoho that should be good
There's three things thay can come out of this.
One: PapaGenos condemns Sabi and rerminates their friemdship
Two: PapaGenos didn't know, but doesn't care
Three, worst case scenario: PapaGenos knew.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Um... guys, anyone heard of the Smash fans attacking a streamer called "CinnamonLOL" on Twitter?
(They thought she was Cinnpie, their names are different.)

Which is just not nice...
Yeah that was just stupid. It's obviously not the same person, and yet they just go at some people like zombies. "Cinnamon? Cinnpie? get her!!"

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Given what JD knew from Sabi personally, I don’t think he’s stretching with that statement.

It’s like people who pretend to be disabled or hurt to get special treatment. Is it common? No, but it definitely happens.
No I get what they meant
It's just that it's a particularly harmful line of thinking overall.

Um... guys, anyone heard of the Smash fans attacking a streamer called "CinnamonLOL" on Twitter?
(They thought she was Cinnpie, their names are different.)

Which is just not nice...
This is incredibly common unfortunately. I've seen it happen with people confusing Randos for actors and sports stars.

D

Deleted member

And yeah, I also forgot to tag TheMightyP TheMightyP about my side of the whole thing.

If you did read It, I also hope you can accept me for who I am today and not my past self.
If you ever feel I do anything which could make you feel strange, don't fear to let me know.

I will do my best to keep improving as a person each day.

D

Deleted member

Nope, going straight back to bed, can't handle this that early in the morning.

**** Sabi though and good riddance. He will not be missed.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
No I get what they meant
It's just that it's a particularly harmful line of thinking overall.

This is incredibly common unfortunately. I've seen it happen with people confusing Randos for actors and sports stars.
Z25 Z25

Being judged for appearance instead of who someone is inside can hurt, for someone trans, that's basically what's happened their whole life :/
So that's why it's a little touchy. No harm done here, but good to know right.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Yeah that was just stupid. It's obviously not the same person, and yet they just go at some people like zombies. "Cinnamon? Cinnpie? get her!!"
Ahhhhh mob mentality.

"Some people are really ****ing stupid. Did you ever notice that, how many stupid people you run into during the day? Goddamn there's a lot of stupid ******** walking around. Carry a pad and pencil with you, you'll wind up with thirty or forty names by the end of the day. Think about this: think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Sums up the mentality pretty well.

Edit: Not directed at any certain groups. I just really hate mob mentality. It's like people who riot without knowing why they are.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
If this comes to pass

The rabbit hole never ends.

D

Deleted member

Z25 Z25

Being judged for appearance instead of who someone is inside can hurt, for someone trans, that's basically what's happened their whole life :/
Yeah, It is always good to know as much as possible to prevent these minor mistakes from happening in the future.

And as I said early, I am 100% cool with people reaching to me to correct anything I do which could be deemed as uncomfortable.

I will literally do anything to stay as far away from the attitudes taken by my family and the people from my past as possible, and any suggestion to become better is always welcomed.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Ahhhhh mob mentality.

"Some people are really ****ing stupid. Did you ever notice that, how many stupid people you run into during the day? Goddamn there's a lot of stupid ******** walking around. Carry a pad and pencil with you, you'll wind up with thirty or forty names by the end of the day. Think about this: think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Sums up the mentality pretty well.
Lol. It's a bit easy to see on twitter anyway, especially when stuff like this happens around.

Shroob

Sup?
Z25 Z25

Yeah, apologizes if I came off as a bit harsh there.

I think everyone's a bit heated and caught up in the moment.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well, that's the thing.

Even if they're absolute scum, that doesn't mean their info isn't good. Verg called the Grinch believers "autistic" before the November direct, doesn't mean his info wasn't good in the end.

****ty people can still be right when it comes to dropping info like this.
Well it’s a good thing Sabi was never right and never will be.
Three would be pretty bad, but I can’t see him allow Sabi to do that to his community or friends that are his kids. Even if he doesn’t care(which is unlikely), he would still have to look good.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah, apologizes if I came off as a bit harsh there.

I think everyone's a bit heated and caught up in the moment.
Well, maybe the idea of using 'they' is a good one, since we don't know for sure. But after what i saw others and his own gf using he, I'm thinking he might just not be trans.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I guess I should be glad I never followed the competitive Smash scene or "leakers" or whoever. I have no idea who any of these people are as I pretty much just get my Smash news from this site, but with everything I've been seeing lately, all I can say is "yikes." Like goddamn, what the actual **** is going on?

Shroob

Sup?
I guess I should be glad I never followed the competitive Smash scene or "leakers" or whoever. I have no idea who any of these people are as I pretty much just get my Smash news from this site, but with everything I've been seeing lately, all I can say is "yikes." Like goddamn, what the actual **** is going on?
Hopefully?

Change.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I'm just glad a lot of you took my post so well.

At first I was scared about sharing It here... But after the amount of support I received from many of you I feel greater.

A big stone from my past has left my back, and now I can finally be more happy, knowing the people who I care about will remember me for who I am today and not who I used to, without someone like Sabi being able to change that.

It may not seem like much... But today my life has took a greater turn for the better.
:) You know, something I really appreciate is honesty. I do hope indeed this burden you had been carrying on your shoulders stays off of them from this point forward. Cuidate muchisimo, amigo mio, y no dejes que nadie te tumbe. Muestrate fuerte y determinado. Nunca le des la satisfaccion de verte caido a NADIE, sin importar quien sea, el Karma les llegara en algun punto, como con esta persona.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25

I wasn’t judging just demonstrating the possibility. Trust me I’m well aware, as I’ve said this before but I’ll say it again,

from 2009 to 2019 I’ve had to wear a mask because I have no anti bodies thanks to my immune disease(granted I get transfusions and have a lot less restriction with it nowadays as I’ve built up some).

Wearing that literally everywhere but school and my house, I have literally been judged my entire life as a freak for it. Even in school everyone knew so it didn’t make much of a difference. Having strangers and peers make faces or talk **** behind your back for stuff like that is never fun or easy.

So I am well acquainted with this idea.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
At first I was like, "yeah, 2020 is just one hell of a year" but now it's like, "yeah, July is just one hell of a month".

And it's only the 6th.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sabi's not trans, he just was inconsistent and evasive about his gender to obfuscate his identity online.

kevinthedot

Smash Apprentice
I don't think PapaGenos specifically knew sabi on a personal level. I mean, I haven't been in the discord for over a year but I'm pretty sure the extent of Sabi's interactions with PapaGenos was just that they were also in the PapaGenos discord and would share their "info".
PapaGenos seems to just report on any theories going on so he can keep up his crazy upload schedule.

D

Deleted member

:) You know, something I really appreciate is honesty. I do hope indeed this burden you had been carrying on your shoulders stays off of them from this point forward. Cuidate muchisimo, amigo mio, y no dejes que nadie te tumbe. Muestrate fuerte y determinado. Nunca le des la satisfaccion de verte caido a NADIE, sin importar quien sea, el Karma les llegara en algun punto, como con esta persona.
Muchas gracias Andrea.

Y sí, ahora que ya sé la persona a la que aspiro ser, voy a dar todo lo mejor de mí para asegurar que mis amigos tanto en internet como en la vida real estén tan a salvo como sea posible.

Muchos de ellos han hecho bastante por mí, y lo mínimo que puedo hacer por ellos es devolverles el favor.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't think PapaGenos specifically knew sabi on a personal level. I mean, I haven't been in the discord for over a year but I'm pretty sure the extent of Sabi's interactions with PapaGenos was just that they were also in the PapaGenos discord and would share their "info".
PapaGenos seems to just report on any theories going on so he can keep up his crazy upload schedule.
Sabi and him talk to each other very frequently in private messaging, so he is well acquainted with Sabi.

Shroob

Sup?
Sabi's not trans, he just was inconsistent and evasive about his gender to obfuscate his identity online.
So, that just makes all the anti-LGBT **** they've spouted even worse.

How were people okay with this person up til now existing in the community.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Because they were desperate for inside information. That’s literally the only reason why.

Shroob

Sup?
At first I was like, "yeah, 2020 is just one hell of a year" but now it's like, "yeah, July is just one hell of a month".

And it's only the 6th.
If this community's foundation really is as rotten as it seems.

Sometimes, you need to tear down the whole structure and build from the ground up, no matter how painful it is.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I don't think Sabi ever claimed to be trans or anything. I think he's just a cis guy who pretended to be a cis girl to muddy his identity. When you're lying you can be anything you want.

But for my own sanity I didn't pay attention to everything he said, so I could be wrong.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Because they were desperate for inside information. That’s literally the only reason why.
Information is gold. Leaks are gold and fakes are fools gold.

Something like that?
It's funny that it's just a game, but because a lot of us are invested in it, we're giving them the attention they crave to feel that sense of power or looking up to they're looking for.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Muchas gracias Andrea.

Y sí, ahora que ya sé la persona a la que aspiro ser, voy a dar todo lo mejor de mí para asegurar que mis amigos tanto en internet como en la vida real estén tan a salvo como sea posible.

Muchos de ellos han hecho bastante por mí, y lo mínimo que puedo hacer por ellos es devolverles el favor.
:3 We all appreciate it, JD. Keep on going! And you know, if you ever want to talk about anything, let me know.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
got bored and made a buncha tier lists
83E5C891-A106-47BC-AA9F-EB64C8A98732.jpeg
58AED233-6432-4D4B-8600-B6F457719995.jpeg
82C4F6C4-08B6-44F1-8660-352E0995845F.jpeg
F0488A29-2A48-4358-9FA8-4EA0AB0D2343.jpeg
F2AA7A56-8786-4EA0-806B-14D23A6E1A11.jpeg
08756E7D-BD19-4406-B276-FF8D58421D3E.jpeg
0C9C73DD-77F6-4449-9D6E-9A103C04AB5C.jpeg
680957B2-E5CC-4E37-87CD-8E92E9BE6F33.jpeg

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
This is just all the more reason for me to continue not giving a flying **** about leaks, regardless of how legitimate the information may be.

That's all. Resuming my hiatus from this thread, now.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
If any of you know Zack, turns out he hooked up with yet another pro Smash player named MattyG.
(Zack was 16 with Matty being 19.)

D

Deleted member

With all of this It is now 5am where I live, lol.

Likely won't be able to sleep, but at least I'm glad I managed to put a definitive end to all of this.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If any of you know Zack, turns out he hooked up with yet another pro Smash player named MattyG.
(Zack was 16 with Matty being 19.)
That's interesting to know. I probably wont talk too much about Zack tho, I feel like it's an area that's a bit weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom