• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The Grinch is normally a pretty OP character, but the latent Christmas Cheer mechanic runs the risk of growing his heart three sizes. Which switches out his raw power for speed and agility, and just overall makes him less viable.
However, his hearts growing three sizes makes him fast enough to dodge avoid Kevin's traps, which is good given that Kevin is a top tier meta threat.

On the flip side Scrooge disables the Christmas Cheer mechanic in 1v1, so the Grinch hard counters him. In fact, he may be the worst character in the game, but he does good against Frosty (mid tier I fear).

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Alex Kidd fan here, Sonic fans were celebrating like crazy that the Alex Kidd revival got ratioed on YouTube by the Minecraft Sonic trailer.

Also, most of the Sonic fans I know happen to love Persona and Yakuza. Heck, not just on Discord, even here we have @osby who is both a Sonic and Persona fan, lol.

Not trying to diss you or anything, just found your theory kinda funny.
While I have no idea what it has to do with us not getting a new PxZ and I somewhat suspect OP was being disingenuous with their theory, I do think there's a point to be made that Sonic fans tend to have a very skewed perception of other SEGA properties, mainly informed by whatever Sonic-adjacent media they consume that happens to have other SEGA characters in it, and that can often lead to disconnects or misunderstandings

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Yo Noipoi Noipoi , iirc you don't celebrate Christmas or at least get gifts today similar to Osby and Jon.

Just know that at least for me, getting to share the day with you at least through the internet already means a lot. Keep being yourself, and don't give up on everything, because when you least expect it you may get a really positive and joyful surprise as I have had throught the years. So yeah, stay awesome :)
Don't ask me why I decided to tell you this out of nowhere, I was watching Rise Of The Beasts and for some reason my mind thought It would be a good idea.

While I have no idea what it has to do with us not getting a new PxZ and I somewhat suspect OP was being disingenuous with their theory, I do think there's a point to be made that Sonic fans tend to have a very skewed perception of other SEGA properties, mainly informed by whatever Sonic-adjacent media they consume that happens to have other SEGA characters in it, and that can often lead to disconnects or misunderstandings
Oh, without a doubt. I completely agree that there are Sonic fans who only know about the characters who appear on the spin-offs starring Sonic and such. It's basically like my IRL friends who enjoy videogames in a more casual way and they mostly know about the stuff I enjoy from Smash Bros and such.

Not meaning this as a jab to anyone doh, some people just have their preferences and that is cool. I know someone on Discord Who likes playing videogames and talks about them frequently, but considers themselves more of a movie person.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So it just hit me that there are some random guys in the KH3 poster.

I have 0 idea who they are and I have no odea where my mom ordered the posters

Edit: One is Malos from Xenoblade 2 man I gotta get my mom off of TEMU

Edit 2: The other is Jin from Xenoblade 2.

I don't got the heart to tell her that something's wrong with the poster.

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
hey Jotadé Jotadé out of curiosity what discord servers you frequent
Oh, I frequent The Owl Club, the Transformers Wiki server, the Marvel Studios server, the Batman Arkham server, iFireMonkey's server, r/sonicthehedgehog, 1-Up World, the Serebii server, two Multiversus servers, a spanish Professor Layton server and a few more.

Used to be in a server for Super Mario RPG fans too but people got extremely weird about PlayStation and my taste for movies so I dropped.

Also used to be on Experience Point among other veteran Smashboards users, but for reasons which people seemingly don't wanna tell me I am vetoed from the server nowadays.

So it just hit me that there are some random guys in the KH3 poster.

I have 0 idea who they are and I have no odea where my mom ordered the posters
Oh, oh, I know who they are.

Ventus, Terra and Aqua are at the bottom. The hooded people are from Organization XIII, the girl in white clothes is Namine (Kairi's nobody iirc) and of course there's Sora, Riku and Kairi.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The other one is Jin from Xenoblade 2.
Yeah just caught that.

I really don't got the heart to tell my mom that something's wrong with the poster so I'll just get a new one to replace it.

Or not, maybe I'm too lazy.

Edit: found it, a redditor made the image
1bt3kg9ljtz11.png

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Christmas was nice this year, for some clothes I needed, and a few other nice things. My brother got me a really cool statue of the Older Loki with Asgard from the first season of Loki.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Oh, I frequent The Owl Club, the Transformers Wiki server, the Marvel Studios server, the Batman Arkham server, iFireMonkey's server, r/sonicthehedgehog, 1-Up World, the Serebii server, two Multiversus servers, a spanish Professor Layton server and a few more.

Used to be in a server for Super Mario RPG fans too but people got extremely weird about PlayStation and my taste for movies so I dropped.

Also used to be on Experience Point among other veteran Smashboards users, but for reasons which people seemingly don't wanna tell me I am vetoed from the server nowadays.

oh that is like 5 too many big servers for my anxiety brain lol

used to be on a lot of big servers, moderated a few too(namely the r/yugioh discord server), also was in Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna 's server for a few years but its just... eh, not much in common.

I have my own private server with friends, another friend server with a artist who I want to meet irl at MFF next year, and then a ****ton of Splatoon team servers + tournament servers for scheduling stuff(I actively avoid talking in big servers just cause I find most of the time unless you're already established as part of the in group its virtually yelling into a void of nothingness)

edit: here's what it looks like for reference, I like to keep it nice and organized too ~w~

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
oh that is like 5 too many big servers for my anxiety brain lol

used to be on a lot of big servers, moderated a few too(namely the r/yugioh discord server), also was in Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna 's server for a few years but its just... eh, not much in common.

I have my own private server with friends, another friend server with a artist who I want to meet irl at MFF next year, and then a ****ton of Splatoon team servers + tournament servers for scheduling stuff(I actively avoid talking in big servers just cause I find most of the time unless you're already established as part of the in group its virtually yelling into a void of nothingness)
Oooooh, I get you, I get you. Also used to prevent big servers due to my social anxiety. And the Splatoon servers do sound like a lot of fun.

Honestly, I used to think that the reason I didn't fit in at some servers was because I was the problem and only caused trouble... But to tell the truth, ever since I started being a mod at The Owl Club, started talking at r/Sonic and just looked for other places where I could be at my best I realized that I wasn't the problem at all. It's mostly that one just needs to find the proper people to click with when It comes to personality and tastes.

Glad that you also seem to have clicked quite well over at Discord. From what you've shared here the people Who share time with you at Discord are quite awesome and talented. Those persons are a treasure, keep them close to your heart as much as possible my dear friend.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
It's mostly that one just needs to find the proper people to click with when It comes to personality and tastes.
yeah this is pretty much what happened lol

started 2023 with 2, 3 actual friends tops, ended it with 3-4 friendgroups sharing interests I should not mention here for uhhhhhh reasons. yeah. reasons. :wario:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I know you guys are having your annual Christian family winter get-togethers but is there anyone who can help me with Scarlet exclusives and trade evolutions by chance?
I can help way later tonight when off work if you still need. If not, I also don’t work tomorrow, so I’ll be free then.
Yeah just caught that.

I really don't got the heart to tell my mom that something's wrong with the poster so I'll just get a new one to replace it.

View attachment 382141
Tbf it’s just the box art but bigger

Jotadé

Smash Ace
yeah this is pretty much what happened lol

started 2023 with 2, 3 actual friends tops, ended it with 3-4 friendgroups sharing interests I should not mention here for uhhhhhh reasons. yeah. reasons. :wario:
😆, lol that's quite fun.

I have weird interests too. Not really forbidden here or anything but still weird interests.

One of them for example is as some of you may know dubbing shows and movies in Spain. More people watch stuff subbed rather than dubbed nowadays, but I just admire these people who can do incredible stuff with their voices and without seeing their faces turning into characters people admire and appreciate.

If I didn't have a weird voice, I would love to get into dubbing. I know various fans online Who became professional spanish voice actors such as Delphinmaestredoblajes for example who now works in Dragon Ball Super.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Yo Noipoi Noipoi , iirc you don't celebrate Christmas or at least get gifts today similar to Osby and Jon.

Just know that at least for me, getting to share the day with you at least through the internet already means a lot. Keep being yourself, and don't give up on everything, because when you least expect it you may get a really positive and joyful surprise as I have had throught the years. So yeah, stay awesome :)
Don't ask me why I decided to tell you this out of nowhere, I was watching Rise Of The Beasts and for some reason my mind thought It would be a good idea.

Oh, without a doubt. I completely agree that there are Sonic fans who only know about the characters who appear on the spin-offs starring Sonic and such. It's basically like my IRL friends who enjoy videogames in a more casual way and they mostly know about the stuff I enjoy from Smash Bros and such.

Not meaning this as a jab to anyone doh, some people just have their preferences and that is cool. I know someone on Discord Who likes playing videogames and talks about them frequently, but considers themselves more of a movie person.
Oh definitely, casual fandom is one thing. My problem is when I feel it sometimes crosses over towards outright ignorance/incuriosity irt other properties and hostility towards, or a need to "fix", any SEGA thing that doesn't fit their preconcieved notions

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yeah just caught that.

View attachment 382141
Aw hell nah, homie got TEMU KH merch

Jotadé

Smash Ace
I kinda wanna buy P5 Royal since I've been enjoying Tactica a lot but just barely can't afford after everything else I bought

is P4 similar?
Ok, so here's the thing with Persona 5 Royal.

It is a mix of various things. It kinda is a Monster collection game with the Personas (although you can fuse two Personas to make a better one), a social sim (because you need to make story choices to get along better or worse with characters who improve your stats as a whole) and also a traditional RPG because the combats are played in turns and there are party members you unlock throught the story.

If you enjoy most of those things, you should be good to go. Be warned doh: the game is extremely long. Like over 100 hours long iirc. So you'll need a lot of patience.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Merry Christmas y'all!

Hope this one has been a good one this year for you.

Here's my load I got.

Bed Heater
Bird Feeder
Candy & Chocolate
Courage the Cowardly Dog The Complete Series
Godzilla T-Shirt
Hot Chocolate Set
Super Mario RPG (Switch)
Wolf T-Shirt

Not a whole lot this year but who cares. The only thing I want for Christmas every year is the love of my family and those I care for.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Oh definitely, casual fandom is one thing. My problem is when I feel it sometimes crosses over towards outright ignorance/incuriosity irt other properties and hostility towards, or a need to "fix", any SEGA thing that doesn't fit their preconcieved notions
Yeah, that is also another thing which bothers me.

It's kinda like those people who clowned on me for liking Dragon Quest back then just because I shared an image of one of the main heroes and they saw a sword.

A prejudgement if you may based on faulty or flat out wrong ideas they have about specific games or genres as a whole. Doesn't help either that a lot of these people have grown up on Youtubers who have been biasing their tastes towards really specific stuff.

To be quite frank, I believe things would be better if we just dared to give any kind of games a fair chance before sharing our word on them. I wanna believe people will appreciate more if they can get educated on something from someone who is very in-touch or has had actual experience with the topic rather than someone who just claims to know without being able to give fair comments.

Here in Spain we have a classic example of this: a person who writes a book at how to succeed at soccer without having touched a ball ever.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Merry Christmas!

I got an electric toothbrush, ear buds, new work pants, a Pikachu ornament, & a book about Star Wars weapons and machines

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Being very genuine, I apologize for being so... Idk maybe in-depth, thoughtful and/or invested on the stuff I've said here on Smashboards these past hours.

Legit don't know what is going on with my head right now, may be that I am so bored or out of ideas for conversation that I just wanna speak from my heart or something like that to spend time.

I'll try to cool It down.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Being very genuine, I apologize for being so... Idk maybe in-depth, thoughtful and/or invested on the stuff I've said here on Smashboards these past hours.

Legit don't know what is going on with my head right now, may be that I am so bored or out of ideas for conversation that I just wanna speak from my heart or something like that to spend time.

S'all good, man

I don't think you're bothering anyone here. At least not me, anyway.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™

you're chill lol I only pop on here once in a blue moon to catch up with people then go back to discord and play with my main circles

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
The only conclusion I have is that Sonic fans (including myself) are total crybabies that ragequit for the merest things. :/

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Nah you’re good brother

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I got pants, money, a giant Miles Morales, and a Splinter stuffed toy…and a bag of KitKats…and grape soda…and a handmade Miles Morales rug…

and that’s all ignoring the WWE live event show I’m attending on the 29th that’s I’ve had set for 2 months of agonizing wait

Top Bottom