• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I finally turned the Shantae fan comic, "Shantae: Wrath of the Djinn" into an eComic file (well, where the author stopped at before going on hiatus)

Will read it down the road, once Shantae: Advance: Risky Revolution is closer to release.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
As much as I wish that were the case, I think they're kinda, done after Pecharunt.

Hopefully they fix some bugs tho cause there's a bug with one of the new TMs in that you can only craft it with Violet exclusive drops.
I think they may have tricks up their sleeve on Gen 9 beyond the whole Pecharunt sidequest. Maybe not major stuff but more mons in raids is something they always do.

Shroob

Sup?
I think they may have tricks up their sleeve on Gen 9 beyond the whole Pecharunt sidequest. Maybe not major stuff but more mons in raids is something they always do.
I'm
Doubtful on that lol.

That'd basically require an update to include new 'mon data. Doable, but they also have a decent list of Pokemon they can pull from that are transferrable into Scar/Vio but not natively obtainable like the Wolves or the Regis.

Ya'll ain't ready for 5 weeks of back to back Regi raids with version exclusive Regieleki/Drago and ending on a 7* Regigigas raid.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm
Doubtful on that lol.

That'd basically require an update to include new 'mon data. Doable, but they also have a decent list of Pokemon they can pull from that are transferrable into Scar/Vio but not natively obtainable like the Wolves or the Regis.

Ya'll ain't ready for 5 weeks of back to back Regi raids with version exclusive Regieleki/Drago and ending on a 7* Regigigas raid.
If not that then I would imagine they want to give every mon an updated model (aka not the 3DS textures) and into a Switch game in some way. Idk how much are remaining left but I would imagine the last few will get in somehow, whether that be here or whatever they do with Unova.

Shroob

Sup?
If not that then I would imagine they want to give every mon an updated model (aka not the 3DS textures) and into a Switch game in some way. Idk how much are remaining left but I would imagine the last few will get in somehow, whether that be here or whatever they do with Unova.
Well, the only 'mons currently not available on a Switch title as of now are like

The elemental monkeys
Patrat line
And Furfrou

.....It's alright maybe we can just leave those ones behind. :nifty:

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well, the only 'mons currently not available on a Switch title as of now are like

The elemental monkeys
Patrat line
And Furfrou

Well good thing the Gen 5 remakes/sequels/farming sim/adults only game is coming, so we'll get two of these.

Poor Furfrou fans though

Shroob

Sup?
There is something 'weird' that keeps cropping up on the shadier side of the fanbase.

While I'm not giving them too much credit, leakers like Riddler keep bringing up a "Paradox Unova" remake.

I have NO idea what that could even mean.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
There is something 'weird' that keeps cropping up on the shadier side of the fanbase.

While I'm not giving them too much credit, leakers like Riddler keep bringing up a "Paradox Unova" remake.

I hope this is wrong. I just want another Legends game

Noipoi

Howdy!

Maybe one version takes place in Unova’s past and the other in Unova’s future? The games already had a very slight past & future theme, just look at Opelucid City.

And it’d force people to buy both versions :nifty:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Phaithful Remake
Aithful Remake
Remake Faithful
Aithful Remake
Da Remake is Faithful
Oh, this is a Faithful Remake
XTREMELY Faithful Remake

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

The elemental monkeys
Patrat line
And Furfrou

Don’t forget Alolan Ratata and Alolan Raticate (I think they’re in Let’s Go but not a Gen 8 or 9 game so I’m counting it) and Spinda (in BDSP but can’t be transferred in or out because bug so I’m counting it as not in any game)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's really just a matter of Creatures Inc updating all the Pokemon models so they they're properly textured and detailed. Like I'm gonna assume all are gonna be on the Switch at some point but many still gotta be reworked so that they have proper definition, textures, and extra animations so they don't look like...

You know

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
It's really just a matter of Creatures Inc updating all the Pokemon models so they they're properly textured and detailed. Like I'm gonna assume all are gonna be on the Switch at some point but many still gotta be reworked so that they have proper definition, textures, and extra animations do they don't look like...

You know

Speen Speen speen

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Phaithful Remake
Aithful Remake
Remake Faithful
Aithful Remake
Da Remake is Faithful
Oh, this is a Faithful Remake
XTREMELY Faithful Remake
It's so faithful that you have to buy a second Switch so you can replicate playing the game on two screens.

It's so faithful that it uses the same sprite animations from the original games, so you'll have no idea if any Unova Pokemon have had weird attack animations this whole time like Floatzel did.

It's so faithful that you'll STILL have to transfer over a specific Celebi/Legendary Beast to get Zorua/Zoroark.

It's so faithful that the remakes will be delisted once they reach exactly 15.64 million copies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It's really just a matter of Creatures Inc updating all the Pokemon models so they they're properly textured and detailed. Like I'm gonna assume all are gonna be on the Switch at some point but many still gotta be reworked so that they have proper definition, textures, and extra animations so they don't look like...

You know

Is it odd for me to treat this image like GF's learned their lesson?

Like there's no real reason for those grazing animations to exist outside of ambience in the overworld, and if they made animations Pokemon only need to do to feel more alive while you're roaming around, certainly we'll never see something like spinning Zamazenta again...right?

Jondolio

Smash Hero

You know

I want to recreate this animation in real life

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Is it odd for me to treat this image like GF's learned their lesson?

Like there's no real reason for those grazing animations to exist outside of ambience in the overworld, and if they made animations Pokemon only need to do to feel more alive while you're roaming around, certainly we'll never see something like spinning Zamazenta again...right?
Nah, they've been trying to make the Pokemon world feel more alive lately. There's a lot of unqiue details about the Pokemon in SV and especially PLA, some mons do have special animations/interactions that haven't really beem seen before hand.

Two of my favorites are Chansey in PLA who will run up to you and heal you if you were to get injured, and Ditto in SV who acts in a very bizzare manner if you were to approach it if it were transformed.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Games have made more money than Movies for a while now, so in a way, this was bound to happen.

But much like the over-bloating of movies, games are likely to have budget issues like this now if games that sell more than a million units being priced anywhere from $30-60 dollars new still can't break even. This likely part of the reason why some AAA games are now $70 and things could be better if lower scale(and not even Terribly lower scale either)games were made again.
Games being more profitable this year (+plus the Covid timeframe) makes sense, but unless they were making more money for most of the 2010s it feels weird…reasonable…but weird. The price increase would explain why tho. And if most of the AAA games end up like how the movie industry is this year (and possibly moving forward) then that’d be depressing to witness.
Though that might be a slight point of no return, cause TotK didn't need to be 70 bucks on 7 year old Switch hardware, you just know Nintendo knew they could get away with it cause Nintendo fans tend to show out hard for their first party titles.
if lucky, Nintendo will keep TOTK as their only $70 base game for awhile longer

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

You know

I legit don't think people would have batted an eye nearly as much as they did at this animation if SwSh was more open-world from the get-go and the story (or at least the "Darkest Day" part of it) didn't completely falter near the end.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I legit don't think people would have batted an eye nearly as much as they did at this animation if SwSh was more open-world from the get-go and the story (or at least the "Darkest Day" part of it) didn't completely falter near the end.
Tbh what done SwSh in was the dex cut, primarily the reason for it. They said it was for high quality animations and balance, but they can't say stuff like that and then drop an ugly game with 3DS models and animations, and is also arguably the most unbalanced Pokemon has gotten.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Speaking of the Rosalina reveal.

I was also there live but I was in high school lmao

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I actually think the DLC gives us the exact answer.

Think about the DLC, you know what never gets mentioned?

The greatest threat the region ever faced that was so bad they came back again.

I imagine people would still be out here worried of the threat of plasma returning.

no mention that I have seen feels wild. On top of the fact we are looking at a Unova that is at least 10 years ahead of BW timeline.

By paradox Unova, I think we are going to see a story where plasma surfaces way later. With massive redesigns and a new twist of Unova’s design that’s different but familiar. With new and old leaders in rotation and probably a lot more.

would be that Perrin and the academy also come back.

The academy will manage to transfer terra energy to the region allowing the gimmick to stay.

Original dragon is bought about by that energy.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Tbh what done SwSh in was the dex cut, primarily the reason for it. They said it was for high quality animations and balance, but they can't say stuff like that and then drop an ugly game with 3DS models and animations, and is also arguably the most unbalanced Pokemon has gotten.
I can't help but wonder how the game would have actually turned out without the dex cut. It wasn't even an issue that bothered me much once the DLC dropped. And isn't SwSh's competitive gameplay actually considered fairly balanced?

In any case, the game's sadly flawed but I still enjoyed it for what it is. I hope people can look back more on it's strengths than weaknesses in the future, while still acknowledging it's faults that kept it from being up there with the majority of the other Pokemon games or from quite reaching the Switch's standard of quality.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
2024 will be the 10th anniversary of both the iconic Spider-Gwen/Ghost-Spider and the beautifully designed Earth 65. Comic wise, Peter’s 60th anniversary (this year) had them **** his life over while killing Kamala Khan. As for Miles, his 10th anniversary have him the tracksuit costume and a delayed movie. The very first thing they have set for Ghost-Spider Gwen Stacy and Earth 65…is to permanently take that Gwen Stacy out of Earth 65 and keep her in the 616
IMG_1062.jpeg

…**** Earth 65 I guess

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I can't help but wonder how the game would have actually turned out without the dex cut. It wasn't even an issue that bothered me much once the DLC dropped. And isn't SwSh's competitive gameplay actually considered fairly balanced?
Honestly, it probably wouldn't have the controversy but it would still be very mid. Maybe better than base Gen 4, but it'll still be considered a letdown for the first Pokemon game on a much more powerful console.

In any case, the game's sadly flawed but I still enjoyed it for what it is. I hope people can look back more on it's strengths than weaknesses in the future, while still acknowledging it's faults that kept it from being up there with the majority of the other Pokemon games or from quite reaching the Switch's standard of quality.
Tbh, I don't think history is gonna look too kindly on it. It had good ideas but it was a breaking point for many for a reason, especially with the last 2 games getting much better reception.

Shroob

Sup?
Ya know I jokingly suggested it but now that all the Regis are in Scar/Vio I wonder if they'll do a 7* Regigigas event with the caveat that its ability is ignored, or it starts with a big shield to let it get going.

Last edited:
Top Bottom