• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Guys, I need that one Steelix set, but I can't think of what BotW or tournament it was used in. Also, I need SV's Altaria. I think it was in a gen V OU tournament? I forget.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Search: Keyword(s): steelix ; Forum: Poké Center and child forums
Showing results 1 to 25 of 799
Search took 0.13 seconds.

way too many results

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Altaria @ Leftovers
Trait: Cloud Nine
EVs:

- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse
- Perish Song
- Roost

No idea what the nature and EVs are though

EDIT:

"The foe's Scizor used Bullet Punch!
A critical hit!
Altaria lost 136 HP! (38% of its health)"

Crit 252 Atk Scizor Bullet Punch vs 255 HP/255 Def Altaria: 47.46% - 55.93%

I don't know how Altaria took so little. What the hell?

****, it's a specially defensive Scizor, gah

I'm just going to guess it was max def Altaria, fits with mixed Thunderbro damage

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Altaria (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Cloud Nine
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Def / 108 SAtk / 24 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Toxic / HP: Flying

So yeah, this Altaria is made to anti-weather. Best way to beat Exca is to predict an Exca switch. (not that it matters anymore anyway)
It outspeeds Exca/Kingdra/Venusaur/lotsa things (think: ferrothorn, gliscor, scizor). It OHKO's Kingdra (DM). 2HKO on Exca (FT). Takes ~63% from an unboosted Rock Slide. OHKO's Venusaur I THINK, didn't run tests on that one. (tho hp:F will probably kill him)
Toxic if you predict they will switch and you like Toxic. I prefer HP:Flying to hit Venusaur/Grass harder, Draco Meteor is often good enough to hit a switch-in.

This thing can't sweep for **** but it can slowly kill some teams.

Just showing off some underappreciated mons :3

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
too bad it can't fully revenge-kill exca that already has an SD, but that would be too much to ask of a pokemon using a non-stab coverage move vs. exca.

It has nice resists that let it better handle Sun, but I feel like if you wanted a cloud nine scarfer it would be better to use Golduck.

Golduck @ Choice Scarf
252 SpAtk/252 Spe/4 Def
Modest / Cloud Nine

Hydro Pump/Surf
Ice Beam
Hidden Power Grass
Focus Blast / Psychic

It trades the ability to beat non-DD Kingdra for a ohko on excadrill and being able to defeat scarfed landorus if it's at full health. Its Ice Beam can also cripple Venusaur if you can force it to 60% health or less, and weaker chlorophyll sweepers can be cleaned up with hazard support, though if you wanted an anti-sun set now that Excadrill is banned, Life Orb puts most chlorophyll sweepers into KO range with SR and Spikes on the field.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Pokemon Gray is official. http://ds.ign.com/articles/121/1210117p1.html

If Gray is released for the 3DS then the 3DS will be the very first Nintendo handheld to not originally spawn a new generation of Pokemon. Gameboy spawned Gen 1, Gameboy Advanced spawned Gen 3, Nintendo DS spawned Gen 4, and the 3DS will spawn... Pokemon Gray?

In other words, never before has the third game (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, or Platinum) launched on a different platform than the first two, so who knows if Gray will stray away from that path?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom