• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The smoke trails are just too much. See this screenshot.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
In a screenshot they seem like too much.

In action, I barely notice them.

gramkracka22

Smash Cadet
I have the game and yes, they are annoying as hell. I think they are just ugly in general tbh.

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
Watched someone playing Ultimate IRL for the first time yesterday. Smoke trails are definitely a bit distracting.

GhostYB

Smash Apprentice
wow, thats a little unfitting to hear. i hope theyre not too distracting
they should turn it down in a patch or something

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Imagine being bothered by this.

Unless you focus on it HARD it's barely noticeable.

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
I'm sorry! Dont mean to give the wrong impression! Im not saying its game-breaking, but it distracted me.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Gotta say, I'm not a huge fan of how cartoony the graphics are. I'll get over it, sure, but I don't like all of the effects being so opaque.

Pity there isn't an option to turn down the opacity. At least we have the option to get rid of the radar minimap.

Peachach

Smash Cadet
I don't get why some people insist the trails are barely noticable. They are thick and constant a hell.. and peoppe made videos about it...because people do notice them in the first place.

I wanne be able to see char poses and know where hitboxes are at all times. And at high level play it's annoying to have thick smoke obscure things. It's also clearly jot only a probpem when you are launched. Many other moves produce this smoke and I've seen xlose fights where a sequence of moves is like a smoke machine...a the videos show. I also don't feel all this smoke adds anything significant aesthetically.

It should absolutely be toned down.

Octorockandroll

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
I'm not terribly worried because with how much smash lets you customize your gameplay I'm confident they'll let you turn off the smoke trails.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I don't get why some people insist the trails are barely noticable. They are thick and constant a hell.. and peoppe made videos about it...because people do notice them in the first place.

I wanne be able to see char poses and know where hitboxes are at all times. And at high level play it's annoying to have thick smoke obscure things. It's also clearly jot only a probpem when you are launched. Many other moves produce this smoke and I've seen xlose fights where a sequence of moves is like a smoke machine...a the videos show. I also don't feel all this smoke adds anything significant aesthetically.

Because the smoke trails last for less than a second, and in Smash you're going to be focusing 100% on the fighters, items, and stage, and smoke trails will be nothing compared.

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
Because the smoke trails last for less than a second, and in Smash you're going to be focusing 100% on the fighters, items, and stage, and smoke trails will be nothing compared.
It lasts just for a second, but happens all the time, cause all the time you are punching each other. In matches with 4 or more players I can see it being inconvenient and distracting. I hope it will not be a problem (it is distracting less on the videos of the game), or if it is, they will update the game adding a opacity and size bar for the smoke trails on the options menu.

Last edited:

TheMarioMaster128

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 3571 7701 7810
I personally I don't mind it, it's more flashy but there is a bit much, but i don't care, it's such a small thing to complain about, like Smash 4s menu

The smoke isn't like the smoke ball, they are in front of the smoke rather than behind, for the most part

Top Bottom