• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Brothers RolePlay Of Subtle Oddness

Status
Not open for further replies.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
RULES:
1) You RolePlay in first person, even down to the characters thoughts.

2) YOU CANNOT SAY WHO YOUR CHARACTER IS AT FIRST. You MAY hint at it though. Once it has been figured out by another player your characters may address each other as normal.

3) Keep things calm and enigmatic.

HERE-A WE GO.

Deactivated, I sit in a closet. A sign hung on the slightly-ajar door:

"If Problem Happen Turn On."

It's in "engrish" for some reason.

I can still think to myself. I wait patiently to be woken up.

I wonder what wonders I could do. What life I could pursue when switched on. I am a professional. I'm pretty sure I can solve problems. I even have a slight desire for action.

I think about my friend. He's even older than me, but never aging. Like me. He's gone through much that I've gone through. Being gradually forgotten. Getting a lucky break now and then.

All-in-all, I'm still rather pleased to be in Smash...but not pleased to be stuck on the Halberd. Oh well. I have my comeback planned.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
ROB?

I'd give out some hints, but I already revealed myself by posting. Can you guess?

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
Curses, not again. Why must this always happen?

I feel cold. Bitterly cold...like metal or stone. Heavy, immobile, like my body right now.

My body isn't my own anymore. I cannot lift a finger, let alone try to coax open the lock on the cage that encases me, dangling from the bleak, gray ceiling like a songbird's prison.

Though my eyes have changed to dead pewter, my consciousness - the one part of me not bound in statuary - can still see. I pause in front of myself, glance once over my transmuted form, then turn my eyes to my fellow hostage. Her likeness, though as frigid and lifeless as my own, wears the same perennial smile, herald of her bright, gracious nature. My gaze reverts to my own countenance - still grave and intelligent.

Are these dispositions forever gone, to be trapped in the eternal death of stone? Will I know nothing more but this steely hell until time's end? Were my heart beating, it would sink at the thought.

Wait. I hear something. Footsteps...? No, my mind is tricking me.

OOC: Colors...and ANGST. Colors and AAAANNNNNGGGGGST.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
As time wears on the hope for my job and "rebellion" begins to fade. I'm still stuck in this closet, turned off to the world. Like a janitor nobody cares about. But I can be so much MORE. There's so little I know about this world, but I am proficient in handling it nonetheless.

BUMP.

What have we hit? Out of the porthole I see the shattering ice-peak of a mountain. Oops. One of the power tools falls and clangs against my switch. Double oops, I haven't been ordered to do anything! Oh well, best take my chance. I pull the door closed and make a ruckus of mechanical noise. I'm finished with my modification. I have full control over my settings of on-and-off. I burst out of the door in a fit of pride (an emotion I do not encounter often).

I am THE Professional Robot. I am pleased.

Just as I start to explore the clanging ship's main corridors, I come to a large dungeon with two statues of supposedly human females hanging in cages. Oh my, what has happened to them? Are they just statues or have they been sentenced to this odd fate somehow? I tilt my head. What should I do? Should I "save" them? I then notice I've just subconsciously showed emotion by cocking my head. I am pleased yet again. I am good at this.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
You want me to give some hints? OK:

If you piss me off, I can breathe fire, and if I underestimated you, I'd be willing to face a worthy foe, that's when I'll use my full power. This is simple.

P.S. Iron thorn is Zelda when She was turned into a trophy in the SSE.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I am the war pig.

I command my troops to do my bidding, while I run it all behind the scenes, war is nothing but a game, a national pastime where I reside, war is my life, I live to be a war pig, without troops, I am pathetic.

I am required to read the opponent, know their every next move, that is my key to success.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
You want me to give some hints? OK:

If you piss me off, I can breathe fire, and if I underestimated you, I'd be willing to face a worthy foe, that's when I'll use my full power. This is simple.

P.S. Iron thorn is Zelda when She was turned into a trophy in the SSE.
OUT-OF-CHARACTER: That's not what I meant. It's not about figuring out who the other character is, it's just that everything is from first-person so your character isn't going to be referring to itself like it was in third person. Also, it makes things feel enigmatic even if you know who the character is.

Anyway, let's move on with the plot. Choo-Choo!

Yaya

Smash Champion
OOC: Mass edit on this post

I walk through the halls, my soldiers not protecting me, any move could mean death, Miles above the ground, God knows where we are. I look in the doors, a terrifying sight, 2 statues incased in cages, they appear to be princesses.

In all my years as a war pig, this is the first time I have encountered true fear, they appear to be screaming out to me, "Save me! Save me!" But I am too terrified to move.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
With only a mere soldier to command, I am at my last lifeline, I must treat this soldier as a god, for he is the only thing standed between me, and death.

1 vs. 100, both controlled by a war pig, a classic game of war.

I like my odds.
OOC: The plot is currently taking place on the Halberd. Things get confusing if the plot is moving in two places at once. Also, we don't have to follow the SSE directly...or at all...

M@v

Subarashii!
I go to work, and see if there are any extra jobs that can result in some extra income.. The galaxy seems safe, but there is always something going on behind the scenes. I consult my team about it.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I do not notice the young human walking up next to me...and he didn't notice me...until just now, of course. WAGH! Who is this person?! I immediately slide over to grab him and do a quick scan. Hmm, not dangerous, but what's that odd ball? I grab the ball between my claws and backup, scan it, and...what? Is there some kind of living energy inside of it? It opens up and something comes out of it!--

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
((OOC: Should I rename this thread "The Smash Brothers First-Person RolePlay?"))

Yaya

Smash Champion
The appearance of one of my soldiers startles me out of my Petrification. I order my troop to break the cage, but I am stopped by a purple substance, it oozes into the cage, and creates a carbon coby of the captives, Surely they do not intend to be kind, I command my troops to attack, for I cannot win the battle alone.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
OUT-OF-CHARACTER: That's not what I meant. It's not about figuring out who the other character is, it's just that everything is from first-person so your character isn't going to be referring to itself like it was in third person. Also, it makes things feel enigmatic even if you know who the character is.

Anyway, let's move on with the plot. Choo-Choo!
I was pretty certain that was first person, but I suck at that, so so just take a wild guess, my name says it all. WoopyFood I think Switched his to Lucario, and I, you can easily guess who I am.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
This odd material astonishes and scares me. I scan it. No match. This anomaly must be deleted.

I notice I've been charging and storing energy.

I fire my lazer. At the cage chains.

The cages slam to the ground, they're locks cracking. They crush the unknown substance, but it still seems to writhe. The cage doors unhinge and I quickly go up to scan the statue containing a woman dressed somewhat like a queen from a mythical era. Interesting. This is no mineral or metallic I know of, but rather, like an actual living being frozen solid in time...

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I lightly tap the queen's trophy out of curiosity. With a quiet, granite, "Chk" sound, It gently rocks back and forth ever so slightly. The base of the figure seems to be made of a different, golden material, so I take to tapping it as well. It gives a much more metallic sound...but....

The statue begins to shimmer. It's grayness begins to disappear and it colors come out brilliantly IN A BURST OF GOLDEN LIGHT! What have I done?! Have I DESTROYED it?!

Yaya

Smash Champion
In my curiosity, I tap the other statue of a queen, at least that I believe it is, looks more like the prom queen if you ask me.

A Golden Light Blinds me, what the hell is going on? It feels as if I just revived someone, yet I cannot tell if I am live or dead, did I transfer my soul over to her's?

Only time will tell the answer.

M@v

Subarashii!
we reach the distress signal, turns out its near the halberd. Naturally, we think the ship is in trouble. However, one of my team members confirms the Halberd definately is NOT friendly. Out of nowhere, many aerial enemies show up on radar and out of the clouds around the Halberd. Its an Ambush! An aerial battle ensues, and it can be heard from inside the halberd. The battle isnt going well until some old rivals of ours suprisingly show up to lend a hand. With the cover I now have, I destroy the main Halberd cannon with a bomb, and land on the ship. With blaster in hand, I head inside.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
CRASH.

Something - someone! - has severed the chain from which my prison dangled moments before. I remain encased in the steely shell as I hear a mechanical sound coming closer and closer. The noise stops, then I hear a click...wait, what is this...this sensation? This golden warmth...it surges through my body...

...My body! The cold stiffness that had gripped me for so long has vanished, eclipsed by the warmth and rush of flesh, of a beating heart...of life. I can scarely believe it - I'm alive again. I turn to my savior to express my eternal gratitude.

"I cannot thank thee enough...

...Link?"

This time my green-clad and noble champion was not the one to save me. Instead, I kneel down to find a small creature, all metal and right angles, with a long and curly tail reaching up to its neck. Laying a hand on the creature's head, I direct its gaze to meet mine. Even through my gloves I feel the cool surface of its coat, like a pane of glass on an autumn day. Its eyes, however, are large and expressive, blue-gray. It makes me feel like the most thorough fool in Hyrule, but I address the creature...

"Greetings, creature. What is thy name, and whence doest thou come?"

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Not knowing exactly how to respond (since I have no "vocal chords") I simply do my salute. I spin around, lift my right claw up to salute, bow, come back up and give a warm mechanical hum...and then I notice the purple organism writhing under the cage. I give a loud "BZZT!" sound in my alarm. I grab the Queen's hand with both my (not exposed)claws and coax her to get away from the apparently malicious substance...

M@v

Subarashii!
Im already playing a role, sorry =?. Otherwise I'd volunteer. Just use 3rd person I guess.
Anyway,

I make my way through the hallways of the ship, and run into several groups of hostiles, who I quickly take care of. And begin making my way toward the bridge. Bad idea. I run into a hornet's nest, and make an exit stage left. I decide to find the ship's brig, maybe there are prisoners down there I can free, and convince to help me. As I head to the brig, I notice all the hostiles have already been taken care of, weird....

I make it to the brig, and there is a Robot, and two Princesses there. This was the last thing I expected to see. I haven't seen any of these robots on the ship. Is he a bad guy? I had to play it safe. I point my blaster and demand he identifies himself. Is he a good guy or bad guy?!

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I pay no attention to the being behind me. He is not priority. I continue to pull the Queen away from the purple substance writhing under the cage.

M@v

Subarashii!
I yell at him again, Although I am starting to think hes on my side, considering he seems to rescuing the princesses. Suddenly, trouble starts coming down the hall. Seems some of the guys from the bridge followed me. "ROBOT! GET THOSE GIRLS OUT OF HERE NOW! I'LL HOLD THEM OFF!"

I radio my team"I COULD USE SOME HELP IN HERE!"

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
This organic behind me is starting to become troublesome. Once I pull out the Queen I make quick work to burn away the two blobs of purple with my lazer. I then rush out of the room to face...creatures...seemingly FILLED with the dark substance. I pop out my Bladed Gyro and it's Stand from my base. Spin-spin-spin. As it charges up I wait for the small, monkey-like creatures to come within range...

Yaya

Smash Champion
I am a slave.

I am merely an object of war, something that withers away as I fight on, I do not have emotions, I have no mouth but can make sound, I have no ears, but can hear the cries of battle, I have no eyes, but can see my comrades fall before me.

What am I to believe?

I wait for a strong voice to lead me to victory.

I see a princess get absorbed by a purple substance, Shadow Bugs, made from my fallen comrades, the mere thought disturbs me. I dash in, willing to assist the mechanism fighting the shadow carbon copy.

M@v

Subarashii!
I think to myself "This is NOT good, im barely holding these guys off, and there is nothing I can do to stop those shadow things, since im occupied." Then, a bazooka shot takes care of my problem. My blue team mate came to assist. I fill him in on whats going on and we start to help fight the shadow bugs with you two. Him and I fight our way to the absorbed princess, and although she isnt covered anymore, she passed out from being copied. I pick her up and put her over my shoulder to get her out. My partner is going to cover me. Only problem is that more shadow bugs are on the way. Not much I will be able to do, shoot one handed, thats about it.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
LAUNCH. I send the Gyro spinning into the bazooka blast. The Gyro ricochets off the walls again and again, slicing to bits whatever hostiles are left. I rush back into the prison room. The copies have not yet been eliminated. I slowly move towards the Queen copy, waiting to make the right move...

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
(Who the heck is Yaya?)

It appears we haven't time for formalities, because the apparently friendly allied beast spirits me out of the room as diminutive creatures composed of a sinister energy form into doppelgangers of myself and my fellow princess. Just looking at the construct that resembles me sends chills over my spine. I know it's just Shadow Bugs, it's only Shadow Bugs, it's not even flesh and blood the way I am.

But d*mn, it (she?) looks so real, down to the last facial feature and bodily contour. However, the impostor could not pass for me anywhere. A tenebrous aura envelopes it, and the eyes leer acid yellow where they ought to be deep blue.

Out of the corner of my eye I see two sharp-eyed and keen-witted young men...if men were the correct word. "Animals that dress, speak, and act like men" might be more accurate. The ginger-furred fox and his cobalt-feathered teammate have come to join us, it seems. The former has slung Peach over his back, with the latter protecting them. Then I see my "clone" again...

...That loathsome thing. I want it out if my sight. Wriggling free from the robot's grasp, I cross my arms and furrow my brow, aiming my fire at the hateful mimic...

Yaya

Smash Champion
I run past the crossfire and pull out a hammer, I swing it at the fake life-form and hope for the best.

CRASH! I look above, a nine, I had swung the mallet with the force of Godly Thunder, surely a lucky go, I would most likely not have a fluke like that once more.

I turn around, and give the people behind a thumbs-up.

(I pretty much gave it away there, Iron Thorn)

M@v

Subarashii!
I look at the guy with the hammer and I notice something I cant believe i didnt see before...Hes 2-D! As much as my mind wants to implode from that fact, we got rescuing to do.

I tell everyone there is a ride waiting outside for us, we just have to make it off the ship.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I shake my head, I cannot betray my orders from my master, I do not even know who my master is, I do not know what to fight for, what side is right? What side is wrong? I shall stay here until I find a voice to lead me, for I do not have my own. I explain this throughout gestures to the canine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom