• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The Smash 4 Question and Answer Thread

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
I've been playing the game for a while now, from the 3DS launch and afterwards, and I just can't break the habit of rolling. When I fight a really good player who knows what they're doing, in my head I get scared and I end up rolling out of a habit and I know that it's just making things worse, buut I can't seem to break the habit of doing it.

I was told that I'd eventually stop by being punished enough for it, but even after being punished match after match the habit's still there. Is there anything else I can do to get rid of it?
Is this a habit you notice after a match, or when you're playing it? If you're trying to break the habit, you should really be focusing on your rolls as you're getting into a game. If you keep this thought going around the back of your head, you should notice immediately when you do wrong. Once you notice, you need to force yourself to remember your mistake. Think to yourself "I won't allow myself to make that mistake again".

Do you spotdodge at all? When I taught myself to spotdodge consistently, I found it to, obviously, replace some rolls and shielding. You'll probably be really clumsy when you first try to make it a habit, but it'll be second nature in no time.

Let me know if you're still having trouble breaking your habits and I'll try to help you out some more.

Iaeyan Elyuex

Smash Rookie
I am trying to find out the best difficulty and game mode to find Risky Respawner equipment. It seems to have an excellent buff / nerf ratio and I don't really need respawn invincibility if I'm buffed that much. Also, wearing multiple RR equipments doesn't make the effect worse.

• I have 8 amiibo that I have tourneys with on occasion. They usually pick up cool stuff.
  • I can't fight Master Fortress. I watched a video on that and I know I can't do it.
  • I can usually get to round 10 in Crazy Orders easily.
  • I am very good at getting what I want in Classic Roulette.
  • Smash Tour is aggravating. I'd rather not do it.
I am already using a Mii Brawler with a RR Jacket and a RR Brawn Badge.

RedNova

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
NNID
Sam-Harness
3DS FC
0516-8001-1795
What could be the correct board to post glitch in the Wii U version? Here or on the competitive discussion?

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
Alright, I'm gonna make this short and sweet. A few days have passed since I've posted some replays and tried to send a couple today. I've tried many times before, but I keep getting the message along the lines of:

You've reached the posting limit for today. Please save it for another day.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Last edited:

shadowrohas

Smash Rookie
Am I at a disadvantage for not using the C-Stick to do aerials? I typically use the A button and stick because I like having my finger on the button I'll be using most of the time a lot, and not having to switch between using the C-stick for aerials and sometimes Smashes.

As you'd expect though, trying to do things like retreating back airs and things like that to be difficult. Should I just attempt to switch to the C-stick?

Last edited:

TheRealBlueBlur

Smash Apprentice
I guess I'll just bump this question over to this thread: What is Mario's metal reflection on the screen when choosing conditions for Special Smash? I can't quite identify it, but it looks like an actual reflection of something, rather than just some garbage texture.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Is this a good capture card? Or is there a better one?
While I don't know much about capture cards in that price range, you usually will get a lower quality of product with investments like those. I personally utilize the Black Magic Design Capture card.
Alright, I'm gonna make this short and sweet. A few days have passed since I've posted some replays and tried to send a couple today. I've tried many times before, but I keep getting the message along the lines of:

You've reached the posting limit for today. Please save it for another day.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?
Unfortunately I haven't seen this before.
Am I at a disadvantage for not using the C-Stick to do aerials? I typically use the A button and stick because I like having my finger on the button I'll be using most of the time a lot, and not having to switch between using the C-stick for aerials and sometimes Smashes.

As you'd expect though, trying to do things like retreating back airs and things like that to be difficult. Should I just attempt to switch to the C-stick?
It depends on the situation. There are some options where I utilize the Analog and A Button, while on others I utilize the C-stick. Like for retreating aerials as you mention.
I guess I'll just bump this question over to this thread: What is Mario's metal reflection on the screen when choosing conditions for Special Smash? I can't quite identify it, but it looks like an actual reflection of something, rather than just some garbage texture.
I have not noticed this unfortunately.

TheRealBlueBlur

Smash Apprentice
I have not noticed this unfortunately.
Alright, thanks for responding, anyway. I really want someone to look into this. I can't really do it myself because I can't rip the texture, I only have a 720p TV to manually view it, and Mario's body shape doesn't make things very easy to view. I hope it ends up like those hidden trophy reflections in Melee.

D

Deleted member

This may sound like a silly question but what's the easiest and fastest way to get the smash ball? Every time I try to get it I get pushed and knocked out of the way and don't have a chance until someone else does. It's frustrating because I hardly get the smash ball.

Unowninator

Smash Cadet
I can't make new stages due to "not enough space", even after deleting some. At first I couldn't edit them either, but then erasing nametags in Controls seemed to help. I still couldn't make new ones though. But after saving more replays, I can't edit them anymore. I just don't understand why it won't let me edit them. Or why I can't make new ones after deleting multiple? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Oh, and it will let me save replays with someone else's custom stages. WTF?!

Nate22Hill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nate22Hill
i know this might be a really dumb question but when should you use rolls, i have a really bad habit of trying to roll behind my opponent. Should rolls even be used at all?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I got my smash sound track today and im from ontario canada. Did anyone elses come with a $14fed ex bill?

EnderTheGamer

Smash Rookie
Mewtwo registration problem
So I registered my wii u club nintendo code,but i can't register my 3ds code because i downloaded smash bros for 3ds from nintendo eshop,does anyone know how to find the download code or fix this?:dizzy:

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Mewtwo registration problem
So I registered my wii u club nintendo code,but i can't register my 3ds code because i downloaded smash bros for 3ds from nintendo eshop,does anyone know how to find the download code or fix this?:dizzy:
If your 3DS has been linked to your Club Nintendo account, then it should register the game automatically.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Do the 3ds and wiiU versions allow you to unlock anything special if you have them both? Or are there any ways to link them?

Zodiacx10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zodiacx10
what is the easiest way to do an up and down angled forward smash?

also i find it hard to hit jump and the A or B button at the same time...should i bind another button to jump?

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Not sure where to put this, but its sort of an answer? The game can only have 269 replays at a time. Probably based on how much time is in each replay and can only hold a certain limit of time. Since 269 is kinda a weird number yknow?

Last edited:

Pixel_

Smash Ace
what is the easiest way to do an up and down angled forward smash?
I personally just hold forward smash, then just slide the joystick to an up or down angle.

As for my own question, what decides which way a wavebounce goes?
I'm mostly referring to R.O.B.'s down-B -- sometimes after performing it I go forward from my original position, but other times it goes backwards.

Is it just the timing of inputs, and is that even controllable...?

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
i know this might be a really dumb question but when should you use rolls, i have a really bad habit of trying to roll behind my opponent. Should rolls even be used at all?
If you use it a lot then your opponent will be able to pick up on it and punish you for it. However, if you mix it up with other options you can keep your opponents guessing and you limit the chances that you have of being punished for rolling.
I got my smash sound track today and im from ontario canada. Did anyone elses come with a $14fed ex bill?
Nope, seems like you where lucky ^_^
What is the best Attack custom Item part?
Custom equipment is based on randomness, so there is no *best* as far as I'm aware.
How do i check if my 3ds is registered?
Go to club nintendo and log in to your account, you should be able to notice it there. If you don't have an account create one and follow the on screen instructions.
Do the 3ds and wiiU versions allow you to unlock anything special if you have them both? Or are there any ways to link them?
As far as I'm aware no. I could be wrong though.

Maysoon

Smash Cadet
Is Shaq truly immortal? Or does he just have a boat-load of health?

Top Bottom