• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
I actually made a smash 3 version of wiiu Ike in his ranger costume. All credit goes to jaystring for the model of course - I just replaced the textures with the 3C ones. Here.

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who thinks Ike's Hector alt needs to be redone with the smash 3 model? It just doesn't seem right that marth and roy's alts have both models while Ike doesn't
Haven't manage to make the model fit in with the hector armor. The people behind Smash 3C aren't mostly model creators, just rimlighters and texture makers. Plus most of the model makers left to do their own thing or work on Sm4sh.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Please go ahead and make it yourself then : )
Heck yo sass is too strong calm down boi. Take advice like a professional strongman, not like a middle schooler going through puberty with constant hormones bursting in his head as he cries himself to at night worried about all his impending stressful tests and whether or not Jennie likes him. A "I don't know how to do that" or a "good idea, but I can't get that to work" or a literally anything else would suffice. Only Cynapse is allowed to sass/insult, at least he pulls it off professionally .

And besides, when I improved your Samuses (Sami?) and when that one guy gave Beta Knight them well-deserved gauntlets, those weren't uploaded as an optional download, so making it ourself wouldn't yield the same results anyway.

And while I remember, you still never mentioned what stages that pack of yours has Mr. Poopoo pants.
Haven't manage to make the model fit in with the hector armor. The people behind Smash 3C aren't mostly model creators, just rimlighters and texture makers. Plus most of the model makers left to do their own thing or work on Sm4sh.
I finished my wall of text and forgot why I included it. It was important though .

Last edited:

blerb

Smash Journeyman
It wasn't advice, it was a request. If you have stuff to contribute to the build, please post it in the Discord server. We're pretty open-minded about help from the community.

Regardless of that, sit tight, we have stuff in the works to look forward to!

Yeheah

Smash Cadet
Heck yo sass is too strong calm down boi. Take advice like a professional strongman, not like a middle schooler going through puberty with constant hormones bursting in his head as he cries himself to at night worried about all his impending stressful tests and whether or not Jennie likes him. A "I don't know how to do that" or a "good idea, but I can't get that to work" or a literally anything else would suffice. Only Cynapse is allowed to sass/insult, at least he pulls it off professionally .

And besides, when I improved your Samuses (Sami?) and when that one guy gave Beta Knight them well-deserved gauntlets, those weren't uploaded as an optional download, so making it ourself wouldn't yield the same results anyway.

And while I remember, you still never mentioned what stages that pack of yours has Mr. Poopoo pants.
I finished my wall of text and forgot why I included it. It was important though .

I do not understand why you answered that. He just told him that if I had that idea, could watch the tutorials for how to do the same and thus contribute to the community.

I think Layell did not say it as an aggressive response, but as a suggestion for that kid to learn the craft and could do aspects.

Forums were designed for people to share content and data, not for such disputes.

(Sorry for my low level of English, but I'm not expert in the universal language)

Last edited:

Yeheah

Smash Cadet
...no. Both are of completely different design and should not be compared.
Yes, this is true. But, for example, Mewtwo have the Project M model and the Smash 3 design (even it has a design based on SSB4 Mewtwo, made by Jaystring). The same is true with Roy.

I think that Ike could have the two designs (much contrast between Ike, Marth and Roy designs)

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I think Layell did not say it as an aggressive response, but as a suggestion for that kid to learn the craft and could do aspects.
I like that optimistic attitude, and you're possibly right, though Layell's been prone to heavy sassafras and it drives me bonkers. It's an artform that few can master, so I snapped. I should be humble and apologise for lashing out like that, but this is the internet and I like to make things worse for myself and look like a wad.
It wasn't advice, it was a request. If you have stuff to contribute to the build, please post it in the Discord server. We're pretty open-minded about help from the community.
I completely disagree, and could proceed to leave and not care,
Nefnoj said:
but this is the internet and I like to make things worse for myself and look like a wad.
you guys probably spoiled us with six Justin Bailey options, Roy options, etc. I did share my Samus revamp on the Discord months ago, a few Lords here thought it was a great improvement to match Smash 3 Samus, but I never saw or heard anything since.
I guess I rustled
some leaves
Heck you I can't even be mad anymore. That's my darling main too.

Last edited:

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
I like that optimistic attitude, and you're possibly right, though Layell's been prone to heavy sassafras and it drives me bonkers.
If Layell has been "sassy", it's because he has encountered posts similar to this one in his experience. Posts that are practically requesting those of us who contribute to the project to work on something that isn't necessarily our top priority. There's a reason why requests are frowned upon in this thread and it should be common knowledge since it's in the opening post. This isn't his first passive-aggressive remark towards a post like that in this thread and it won't be his last, if past interactions are anything to go by. I, personally, will try to refrain from being passive-aggressive, but Layell's been at this long enough to be at least a little jaded.
It's an artform that few can master, so I snapped.
Being passive-aggressive on the internet is an artform? If so, there exist boundless "masters" of it. Also, this is referring to an earlier post you made, but I wouldn't give Cynapse a pass for this attitude. No one is above scrutiny, internet or otherwise.
I should be humble and apologise for lashing out like that, but this is the internet and I like to make things worse for myself and look like a wad.
Also tangentially related, but if you feel that you've made an error in judgement towards someone, why wouldn't you apologise? Pride? Allergy to humility?

I completely disagree, and could proceed to leave and not care, you guys probably spoiled us with six Justin Bailey options, Roy options, etc.
I'm not exactly sure what part of blerb's statement you disagree with, but you said "completely," so I guess I should defend the last statement. "We're pretty open-minded about help from the community." I'd say S3C is more of a community effort than even PMDT or S3 were. We're a lot less opaque about what we're working on, and those of us who contribute consist of former members of S3, S3C project leaders like ledgerewskie and Aghanim, and the average layman like you and me. For example, at this moment our very own Shren is busting his hump working on something in the S3C Discord that I can't disclose as per Discord rules.

As for the bolded, I feel like I can speak regarding this since I had a small hand in bringing this to fruition. Those 18 additional costumes for S3 and PM 3.6 Justin Bailey almost didn't happen. I submitted over 2 dozen costumes and the possibility of S3 JB only having 8 recolors was still real. I pushed for that last costume because I wanted to influence the change I wanted to see in S3C. And who am I? Just a regular schmo. It wasn't very long ago that I, too, was in a similar position of wondering what the status of a costume was. You don't have to dig far to find a post of mine asking about S3C Fusion ZSS. And now?

I did share my Samus revamp on the Discord months ago, a few Lords here thought it was a great improvement to match Smash 3 Samus, but I never saw or heard anything since.
I saw that a while ago. If you got positive feedback, you should have kept pushing for it or DM'd Layell or something. We have lives and we're juggling a bunch of projects all at once and something is bound to fall by the wayside, but that's no excuse to give up on a good thing. Try, try again is the only advice I can offer here.

I hope that cleared up some concerns regarding Layell's and blerb's responses as well as other S3C matters.

Ace309

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know if 3C works with BrawlBuilder? I really need to make the ISO and I wanna know if there's been success.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
I did share my Samus revamp on the Discord months ago, a few Lords here thought it was a great improvement to match Smash 3 Samus, but I never saw or heard anything since.
Re-post it, then. I haven't seen your work on Samus at all, and I don't feel like scrolling through months of chatlogs to find it.

If your work is good, we will use it. Depending on the context, that is. If your work needs improvement, or it's just plain bad, we will help you make it better. Acting as if we don't accept help or submissions from the community is completely false, and evidence of this can be found in the #characters sub-channel of the Discord server. Feel free to check for yourself, and while you're at it, post your wips. We enjoy helping people with their work, believe it or not.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Only Cynapse is allowed to sass/insult, at least he pulls it off professionally
neffy, just because I've mastered snark doesn't give me reason to go about using it all of the time. As with most things, there's a time and a place...but the internet doesn't fulfill both of those roles constantly because of anonymity. Consider this.

As for the community aspect of our little niche here, I'll help anyone with just about anything regardless of IQ so long as they're willing to learn and know something about perseverance. It pains me to see fresh faces try their hand at something before dropping it moments later and flying out the door. I myself am pretty ass as it stands, but there's only room for improvement.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Ivy Ivy Ivysaur!

PM colours and brown, isn't it great? Use and abuse as you wish, and may your solar beams always end off your combos.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Surprise there is more!

Charizard is roaring on the stage with some updated skins.. or scales. I'm not really sure. I think they look cool though!

Squirtle will not be released tomorrow, don't get your hopes up.

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
These skins are....

:004:
:005:
On fire! :006: I used to main Charizard alot back in the day, I guess its time for me to return to it!
Lol! I also used to play him a lot also... He will receive some more love, and that blue/black armor zard is ridic-to-the-hiculous as well.

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
Happy Halloween! Let's see whether you get a Trick or a Treat...

In my left hand, I've got what I've been working on for a while!

Now with more different backgrounds and a D.I.Y. pack for you to create your own! Backgrounds include a Melee inspired background, a Legacy background, Gradients inspired by the Smash 3 wallpapers as well as a background based on the drop shadow version, a Brawl background, a PM background and a Smash 64 inspired background (thanks Aghanim Aghanim !) and a background inspired by Smash for Wii U!

And in my right hand, your Halloween special!

Aghanim's busy right now, so I'm posting this for him, and I don't know crap about Metroid, but I believe this is THE suit used in Metroid Prime: Corruption for the stealth portions of the game! In order to survive, Samus equips the Corruption Suit so she fits in, and that suit's been added to the Smash 3C Project! This costume is Prime for rolling out right now, and all you have to do is read the below paragraph!

WARNING: This costume is buggy as all hell, so SERIOUSLY, we do not recommend you use it on Wii! It has only been used on Dolphin Emulator, and never tested on console, so if you use this, you put your Wii at risk! It could do nothing, it could work flawlessly or it might get the same results as Dolphin.

With that out of the way, let's see some screens!

I am so sorry.

Last edited:

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
And in my right hand, your Halloween special!

Hey it has been long time since I posted here!
Good job MaybeGerg MaybeGerg for preparing and releasing it for me *cough* *cough*

I wanted to clarify that after you play a match with this "unique" Zero Suit Samus Skin (I've tested her only on Dolphin) you can keep the weird textures effects this costume causes, even if you don't select her after, the menu, stages and chars will have messed up textures. To stop this buggy effect just stop the dolphin emulation and everything should be good (it's an odd bug an honestly I would love to know why that happens...). Again I haven't tested her on the WIIs so I have no idea what happens there. Have fun you all and have a good Halloween! I hope this zero suit samus skin is spooky enough...

oh um we forgot the credits so yeah the smash 3 team for the model, me for creating this weird buggy abomination and greg for helping me with the release!

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
aw come on, how mean >:c
I hate to use Aghanim Aghanim 's own avatar but...

YOU WILL GET HIM NOW THOUGH

Some lovely PM colours, along with Brown, Carracosta, and Turtonator. Embrace the spirit of turtles in the Pokemon series and beyond!

Some of you may have also noticed that Squirtle in the Smash 3 pack had burgundy eyes ingame, but red eyes in render. I have also updated the S3 Squirtle packs to have red eyes by default, but those original pacs are still included. This recolour pack also has both eye versions (burgundy eye rendrers are currently not included unless someone who knows how to render and edit them contacts me).

I am likely going to pull out another two character recolours in the near future, and time will tell for the rest.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
I hate to use Aghanim Aghanim 's own avatar but...

YOU WILL GET HIM NOW THOUGH

Some lovely PM colours, along with Brown, Carracosta, and Turtonator. Embrace the spirit of turtles in the Pokemon series and beyond!

Some of you may have also noticed that Squirtle in the Smash 3 pack had burgundy eyes ingame, but red eyes in render. I have also updated the S3 Squirtle packs to have red eyes by default, but those original pacs are still included. This recolour pack also has both eye versions (burgundy eye rendrers are currently not included unless someone who knows how to render and edit them contacts me).

I am likely going to pull out another two character recolours in the near future, and time will tell for the rest.

Enjoy!
oh great, though i expected there'd be the Turtwig one too, but the current green one is good enough

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the modeling magic of our great blerb blerb we finally did it; The flaming rock has been ported the the Project M Mewtwo model!
We have added the vPM model version in our main Smash 3C Shadow Mewtwo release on the Vault; here take some pics!

Download him now!

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Hi

I'd like some help compiling colours for CLASSIC KIRBY

I have made it VERY EASY for someone to help me, you just need to know how to use brawlbox, photoshop, and how to follow some instructions.

Contact me on discord.

(now hopefully soon I can get a render made)

Last edited:
Top Bottom