• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

TheBirdSolution

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheBirdSolution
Not sure if this is the right place, but I'm having two issues with costumes.

1) Headband Puff works fine, apart from one really really weird Pink ball-shaped artifact appearing to the lower right of him everytime I shield.
2) Snake just will not work. At all. Dolphin crashes every single time, regardless of which combination of costumes I pick.

Any solutions would be really helpful. I love this project, seeing everything look so vibrant and detailed on my setup is an absolute treat and I look forward to anything that's coming up in the future :D

TheBirdSolution

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheBirdSolution
Snake works fine for me. When does dolphin crash for you?
Just after the Stage Select Screen. It hangs after pressing start, cursor comes up and then Dolphin either opens an error message or just freezes until I close it manually. Every other costume I have works great, and I've got pretty much a full build of Smash 3 and 3C stuff installed.

Here's an example of the afforementioned Jiggs glitch

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
oops accidentally posted

also, that Jigglypuff glitch is her foot

they know of this and cannot find a fix atm

Last edited:

TheBirdSolution

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheBirdSolution
oops accidentally posted

also, that Jigglypuff glitch is her foot

they know of this and cannot find a fix atm
Oh, Okey Dokey. That is one seriously f'ed up foot, she should probably get it checked. Thank you though. Also, fixed the Snake glitch, reverted to an older FitSnake.pac, must have gotten damaged somehow. Probably should've thought of that waaaaay earlier but I'm pretty dense with this kinda stuff :D

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
The foot is most likely an issue with the FitPurinMotionEtc.pac, although I am not sure. If that is the case, it should also be an issue on any build with it. (Going to check)

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
why is the cloth shiny?

I don't remember my cloth t-shirt that I am wearing right now ever being shiny
As Wing said we are using the classic smash 3 falcon materials and a gray specmap, that's why it looks so shiny. As a bonus the model got small stuff vertexed and some holes closed as well

We know about that problem and it's related to some Jigglypuff animations that makes her headband move and it's definitely a problem related to the added bones; just changing the materials on a vanilla headband model causes that. It's the same thing that happens to Kart Rob, that's why we left him with no rimlighting atm. Also yeah you will only encounter this problem when using the headband PSA aka the headband FitPurinMotionEtc.pac file.
Theoretically all these problems we have can be fixed with editing every move that has this weird problems with PSA and brawlbox, but I'm still not completely sure.

As for snake we never had a problem with him, so I wonder what you did before to broke him

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this is the right place, but I'm having two issues with costumes.

2) Snake just will not work. At all. Dolphin crashes every single time, regardless of which combination of costumes I pick.
Were you using a different moveset than the official PM3.6 release? Because that'll do it. You can get around it by compressing one of his textures further for each costume.

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Aghanim Aghanim did you make sure the bone IDs weren't changed after the edits?
Thanks a bunch Draco_The! That was exactly the issue we were having with kart rob and heaband puff! I never suspected that brawlbox could have changed bone indexes after just changing values or swapping materials/shaders
I have updated Kart Rob and Heaband Jigglypuff pacs, redownload those now

here are the pics:

Let me know if there are still any problems with those chars!

Outset Toon Link also got extra fixed hair holes too (I never noticed those problems till yesterday, my bad!) so redownload him too!

Last edited:

Jay_Blu14

Smash Cadet
Thanks a bunch Draco_The! That was exactly the issue we were having with kart rob and heaband puff! I never suspected that brawlbox could have changed bone indexes after just changing values or swapping materials/shaders

here are the pics:

Outset Toon Link also got extra fixed hair holes too (I never noticed those problems till yesterday, my bad!) so redownload him too!
:love:

Shren

Smash Journeyman

here are the pics:

Hallelujah!

D

Deleted member

our newest project

did you guys really think my textures were for roy??
Of course not. Roy was but a simple misdirection. I had already guessed this move on your part. It won't be long before you play yourselves right into my all-controlling hands.

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
chops off Nedark's and Cynapse's hands

Sorry, I can't stand people messing with infinity.

Also, could you hopefully release the Brawl Pit PSDs soon? I am working on a Pit mod, and editing the textures without a PSD is tedious as ****.

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Had some time to waste and someone asked for this; I tought ridley head on Awakening roy was weird af and so I did that (forgive me pls).

Also, could you hopefully release the Brawl Pit PSDs soon? I am working on a Pit mod, and editing the textures without a PSD is tedious as ****.
As for brawl pit we are using smash 3 textures; aka we didn't made those; honestly I'm not sure if smash 3C brawl pit has any different textures than smash 3 pit

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
The textures are slightly different in color. You wouldn't notice the difference unless you put the two side-by-side, though.
They are the exact same texture, if there is even a minute difference it's because of compression and isn't my problem.

Heck I'm relatively sure I copied over the entire texture data from the smash 3 pit when making it.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
hmm seems to have just been a problem with the new shield version of the default texture. I've fixed it up, brawl shield version was fine.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
I like the Smash 3C texture more. There's more detail in the parts that are different. That might seem less Smash 4 Esque but it's higher quality
Edit: Changed "butt" to "but"

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
Can anyone update the pack with the new Smash 3/3C stuff? My stuff has kind of been wiped and now I don't have any of the programs apart from Dolphin.

It seems to not have been updated in a month.

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Smash 3 released EVERYTHING over at their forum.

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
I've been meaning to update, and well once we update a FEW things here, you'll see plenty : )

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Lets start with a basic one, Roy has always been our boy.... but people keep giving him new designs. Awakening.... Smash 4... why can't he just be the fiery lad we know and love?

I don't know why, I loved him how he was the day I met him. So here is to our boy... Roy WHO WILL BE RELEASED BY THE POWER OF HIS BURNING SWORD!

Here is an album full of sexy, sexy photos

This is just the first of many... many more. The Smash 3 train never stops!

We hope you enjoy

Last edited:

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Lets start with a basic one, Roy has always been our boy.... but people keep giving him new designs. Awakening.... Smash 4... why can't he just be the fiery lad we know and love?

I don't know why, I loved him how he was the day I met him. So here is to our boy... Roy WHO WILL BE RELEASED BY THE POWER OF HIS BURNING SWORD!

Here is an album full of sexy, sexy photos

This is just the first of many... many more. The Smash 3 train never stops!

We hope you enjoy
When tomorrow comes... More content and Hype!

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
When tomorrow comes... More content and Hype!
I guess it's tomorrow allready!

Dark metaknight joins our smash 3C forces! download him now!

Tha's all folks for today! I would reccomend to check this thread tomorrow too ;)

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I guess it's tomorrow allready!

Dark metaknight joins our smash 3C forces! download him now!

Tha's all folks for today! I would reccomend to check this thread tomorrow too ;)
Hey, uh, the Brawl Vault link leads to this thread, not the actual download.

Top Bottom