• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Some of y'all are acting crazier than this render:

1. Those of us worth any weight in texturing know where to find stuff, and don't need posing here or PMing us.
2. It's best we respect the original makers and won't even release S3 textures for anything not released already. Anyone I am working closely with on collabs in general will be doing this if they are doing or plan to be doing anything.
3. We are still very busy with the stuff actually released, multiple things I have worked on are close to final release, we want this stuff done first.
4. Posting them is basically a request, stop requesting.

I'm going to go back to the Light Suit I've been working on, as a general idea I'm over halfway done the main suit and have 80 layers. Dark Suits main texture had 125 layers. They don't call me Layell the Layerer for nothing!

Cahalan

Smash Ace

1. Those of us worth any weight in texturing know where to find stuff, and don't need posing here or PMing us.
2. It's best we respect the original makers and won't even release S3 textures for anything not released already. Anyone I am working closely with on collabs in general will be doing this if they are doing or plan to be doing anything.
3. We are still very busy with the stuff actually released, multiple things I have worked on are close to final release, we want this stuff done first.

I'm going to go back to the Light Suit I've been working on, as a general idea I'm over halfway done the main suit and have 80 layers. Dark Suits main texture had 125 layers. They don't call me Layell the Layerer for nothing!
Thanks for letting us know you're thoughts on the matter.

And I should probably apologize for even bringing up the lost content in the first place... :(

Anyways... 125 LAYERS!!! Good grief!

Scribe

Sing, sing for ourselves alone.
Writing Team
NNID
KipShades
3DS FC
5241-1937-7022
Or maybe it's just the file size.
Yes, sometime's its the file size.
Just like how i fixed a issue where one of the semi sonic alts i was making would freeze when you used the spring, its because of the darn file size.
Gotcha. I was told that it might have been bone issues because it would often freeze when I used his fair, double jump, or Melee air dodge (cancel side-B into an air dodge).

Even worst, a recolor based on Naruto, dear god
And yet, it looks less like Naruto and more like Jaune from RWBY.
I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace

Jesus, i didnt know he had a unibrow.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace

You might wanna fix that thumb positioning, Mario doesn't tuck it under his other fingers when making a fist.

Ss4gogeta0

Smash Rookie
tbh, I was looking at the thread and having Yuna included worries me slightly... Bomberman/Viewteful Joe/Toad/Banjo & Kazooie/Conker/Billy Hatcher/King K Rool would have all been good alternative choices.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
tbh, I was looking at the thread and having Yuna included worries me slightly... Bomberman/Viewteful Joe/Toad/Banjo & Kazooie/Conker/Billy Hatcher/King K Rool would have all been good alternative choices.
Well nobody is stopping you from making them, someone wanted a Yuna made, and it was good. Then it was added to OP.

Ss4gogeta0

Smash Rookie
Well nobody is stopping you from making them, someone wanted a Yuna made, and it was good. Then it was added to OP.
sorry, doing mods for GTA San Andreas, Crime Life on Xbox, GTA III on Xbox, plus im trying to learn how to mod RE Outbreak...

alot on my plate already, plus im not a modeler. im a coder and I also do audio work

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Here's a quandary to consider what with "unreleased" stuff:

Samus' PED Suit exists in one of the leaked builds, but I'm fairly certain that same model (albeit possibly outdated) exists on the Vault. What do, Nanobuds Nanobuds ? Also, what happened to Infinite Smash Team?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Here's a quandary to consider what with "unreleased" stuff:

Samus' PED Suit exists in one of the leaked builds, but I'm fairly certain that same model (albeit possibly outdated) exists on the Vault. What do, Nanobuds Nanobuds ? Also, what happened to Infinite Smash Team?
Oh yeah, I forgot about that!
Assuming that it got the same "enchancing" as in it "glows" now, we can simply look at how that effect was achieved on the other samus suits and apply it to the PED suit... though that means we need another ZSS recolor to go along with it too. I bet we can use the one on the Vault already, though if there's any differences between that and the one in the leaked build: we cant use the one in the leaked build (this is only an assumption though, so still ask Nanobuds Nanobuds about this).

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I think he was pretty clear on that matter. Don't touch anything from the leaked build.
And this isn't the thread for that nor for asking about the Infinite Smash Team. Stay on topic guys.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Well nobody is stopping you from making them.
This gives me an idea. And Im not gonna like it.
I've been doing other stuff ya see? Making weapons and mods for source. And I need a bit of practice, working with metal textures for Source made me forget how to HD them. Since whatever thing I would had made would had been a waste, and I stopped being a lurker, maybe I might do something small for you all.

Oh, did I say small?

Im the idiot that never learns to quit.
... that and, I'm on christmas break, so alot of time to spend.

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
I assume nobody's working on the Kirby hats so I'm starting my own, already have half done, won't be doing characters that don't have official Smash 3 textures

kazan

Smash Apprentice
I assume nobody's working on the Kirby hats so I'm starting my own, already have half done, won't be doing characters that don't have official Smash 3 textures
No offence to you, but I honestly don't think that's a very good idea. Whats the point in doing this if the Smash 3 team is already doing it? They're working very hard, creating the hacks that they make, and you doing Kirby hats is in a way rude and or disrespectful.

I'd recommend just waiting for the "official" release.

kazan

Smash Apprentice
I know...I'm the one who started Smash 3C.

Last edited:

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
No offence to you, but I honestly don't think that's a very good idea. Whats the point in doing this if the Smash 3 team is already doing it? They're working very hard, creating the hacks that they make, and you doing Kirby hats is in a way rude and or disrespectful.

I'd recommend just waiting for the "official" release.
It could just be until it gets released

Dr.Horse

Smash Rookie
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!
I downloaded The Wario Land costumes and added in the Zombie Wario, but, when I play with him, I can play for a few seconds before my game freezes and a loud beep plays until I unplug my Wii.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!
I downloaded The Wario Land costumes and added in the Zombie Wario, but, when I play with him, I can play for a few seconds before my game freezes and a loud beep plays until I unplug my Wii.
Did you put the costume over a Ware or Classic slot?

Top Bottom