• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Doing retro falcon, excailbur sonic and big boss snake.. Retro Falcon is done, just needs a render, and i heard ledge was making big boss snake as well. Brawl Sonic was redone, he just needs recolors and rimlighting.

Scribe

Sing, sing for ourselves alone.
Writing Team
NNID
KipShades
3DS FC
5241-1937-7022
Just as a heads-up, the default S3C Kirby skin causes the game to freeze at the start of a match in Brawl Minus. Don't know about other mods. The problem doesn't extend to other skins.

Edit: I ****ed up. Turns out I was somehow using his CSP in place of his BP. It works just fine.

However, the Melee Wolf skin still has conflicts with Brawl Minus Wolf's Melee Air Dodge (cancel side-B into an air dodge) that cause the game to freeze.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
What's the difference between this Pikachu and the default Smash 3 one again? I'm as dumb as a brick.
You'll have to do it in 3DS max (or your choice of modeling program) with some skin magic.
Looks great. However, he currently looks very villainous. Lighting from the bottom tends to make characters look 'evil' or unsettling. Conversely, When the light is shining down on characters, it tends to create a softer look, more protagonistic.

Food for thought. Experiment with that in mind and see what kind of look you get.
As someone who strongly dislikes Marth, none of this is a bad thing, heheheh.

Last edited:

TooSlow!

Smash Cadet
NNID
LegendOfZorldo
3DS FC
3926-7384-0133
On the train of pm alts will you eventually make shinobi squirtle?

Layell

Smash Journeyman
[/hide]

Doing retro falcon, excailbur sonic and big boss snake.. Retro Falcon is done, just needs a render, and i heard ledge was making big boss snake as well. Brawl Sonic was redone, he just needs recolors and rimlighting.
I would continue to hold off on Naked Snake if I were you.

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
[/hide]

I would continue to hold off on Naked Snake if I were you.
And retro falcon since he's getting a new face in the S3 update...

Excalibur sonic would still work out well though.

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
http://imgur.com/a/KmfnS
Brawl Sonic is now almost done(or is he?).
He just needs rimlighting, recolors, and portraits.
And also, this isn't the brawl sonic model with the horrible shaders,this is Mewtwo2000's fixed shaders sonic.
Also, bin2jpg ruined me quality ;-;

Juken

Smash Ace
http://projectmgame.com/en/

Looks like Project M is shutting down. All information and download links for it were removed form the site and there's no sign of them updating it with the new costumes.

I guess those alts won't be getting released to be Smash 3-ified, but I hope you guys still keep this wonderful project going...

TEMVSL

Smash Apprentice
http://projectmgame.com/en/

Looks like Project M is shutting down. All information and download links for it were removed form the site and there's no sign of them updating it with the new costumes.

I guess those alts won't be getting released to be Smash 3-ified, but I hope you guys still keep this wonderful project going...
It's sad to see project m will cease development, so many memories

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
It's very sad to see Project M go, but we can still keep it alive. We can continue onwards and strive, if the PMDev releases the new costumes then we will Smash-3-Ify them. People are counting on us to make these, if Smash 3 dies as well (which I hope it doesn't), the we'd be the last hope.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Iirc, some idiot issued a C&D on them without letting them being contacted..
Besides that, I wish this never happened to Project M, Ive been playing it since 3.0..
But it's not dead just yet, we can still play it, we can still host tournaments, we can still make mods for project
M.. Farewell project
M, we will Miss you.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Yea I'm quite disappointed since I was looking forward to texturing new costumes in official releases, that were only teased a few weeks ago. Now we have no idea if/when they'll see the light of day even by unofficial release.

I'll still do plenty of texturing though.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
If that Roy doesn't see the light of day, there's always the awakening import

Aelvir

Smash Rookie
Problems with the OoT Link one :
1: Has the gilded lining from TP Master Sword still on the blade, never was in OoT's.
2: Bow's of TP's Hero's Bow instead of the Fairy's bow from Oot.

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
So, about those characters and Roy's costume... Some guy on 4chan leaked that stuff. This fellow on reddit was kind enough to put together the codeset and the fighter files, which also included Knuckles, Lyn, and Isaac from Golden Sun.
EDIT: Lyn crashes unless she's on her default costume, and Isaac is mostly just a concept, but the model is there. Knux is basically done, save for 2 taunts and some victory animations.

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Problems with the OoT Link one :
1: Has the gilded lining from TP Master Sword still on the blade, never was in OoT's.
2: Bow's of TP's Hero's Bow instead of the Fairy's bow from Oot.
His Bow can't be changed without replacing the entire bow for every costume. His clawshot, boomerang, bombs, and bow are independent of costume.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
So, about those characters and Roy's costume... Some guy on 4chan leaked that stuff. This fellow on reddit was kind enough to put together the codeset and the fighter files, which also included Knuckles, Lyn, and Isaac from Golden Sun.
EDIT: Lyn crashes unless she's on her default costume, and Isaac is mostly just a concept, but the model is there. Knux is basically done, save for 2 taunts and some victory animations.
I already found it lmao
Also, i grabbed knuckles model, imported his shoes onto sonic using brawlbox and it works.. Im going to guess knuckles was created off sonic.

Juken

Smash Ace
I already found it lmao
Also, i grabbed knuckles model, imported his shoes onto sonic using brawlbox and it works.. Im going to guess knuckles was created off sonic.
Of course. He shares 2/3 his taunts and some lines with Sonic.

Also, I just realized that with no "official project m" anymore, a full Smash 3 build with better visuals might actually get popular and become the new "default." That would be a sight.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
About that Roy costume (the newer one)... apparently it, heaband Jiggs, and ZSS 2.0 (all of which are fully updated) have been leaked in what looks to be the delayed Halloween build for PM. If anyone wants to get them early for Smash 3C texturing... PM me (I was able to get the build before it got pulled down) or if I should not do this, any PMDT member should tell me before hand as to not cause trouble/drama.

Edit: Don't PM me for the costumes, why not make them better by starting from scratch? It'll take longer, but I think once Smash 3 ZSS is out, we have a superb shoulder to stand on.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
You've already jumped off the cliff.
Well then I'm dumbfounded, how is the Smash 3C effort supposed to get the unreleased (though heavily previewed) new costumes for Roy and Jiggs (and the Better Retro Versions of ZSS based off of Nano's ZSS model) in the future?

One option is to wait for the original modder to release them, but judging by what's going on now, that may not happen in the future.

Another is to completely recreate the costumes from scratch, which may come out better than the PMDT's interpretation, but may take way longer to finish: and judging by the amount of PM Alt's not done, it may also take a while (though not under the pressure of a new PM version making them obsolete).

I honestly don't know how Smash 3C can give the teased content the Smash 3 touch without causing drama while getting the PM Alt's done in a timely matter (each major member of this effort has been plagued by school and IRL issues, hampering progress).

DJBlitzkrieg

Smash Rookie
I hope development for this can continue steadily unlike project M xp :urg:

Also, did you guys tried asking to the PMDT if is possible to borrow the leaked models?

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I was going to make a long post. But it's late, and I'm hoping a short post will suffice until I wake up.

It's really not as complicated as you think.

Just don't S3C those costumes.

What's official? 3.6f or whatever, right?
Is the leak official? Not at all. It's a leak for a reason.
Make all the alt costumes for what already exists.
Then S3C any other costumes you want. You can recreate Awakening Roy, Headband Jiggs, yourselves. Won't be hard with a bit of practice.

Don't play with hot coals, or else you'll get burned. And it won't be nice.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I was going to make a long post. But it's late, and I'm hoping a short post will suffice until I wake up.

It's really not as complicated as you think.

Just don't S3C those costumes.

What's official? 3.6f or whatever, right?
Is the leak official? Not at all. It's a leak for a reason.
Make all the alt costumes for what already exists.
Then S3C any other costumes you want. You can recreate Awakening Roy, Headband Jiggs, yourselves. Won't be hard with a bit of practice.

Don't play with hot coals, or else you'll get burned. And it won't be nice.
Alright, I agree... after reading Mewtwo2000's facebook post, I can see why PM has been currently dropped.
Though speculation surrounds the details on what exactly transpired between the team members, the legal threat itself (beyond a C&D) was enough to fear monger itself into reality in the form of what is going on now.

It's sad that PM has to stop for the foreseeable future, but after thinking about it, it's probably for the best... offically: we can still mod it, but if our "build" becomes popular, we can't call it PM 4.0 or PM 3.6x etc. Our builds would instead have to adopt names like "Smash Bros. Legacy" (which is already being used): so names like Smash 3 or something similar would be theoretically alright.

Last edited:
Top Bottom