• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Guys those days were really cool and full of smash3C releases! I guess we can add twilight zora link in the list too: it comes with rim, smash3 styled CSP/BP and with a stock

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208103

Big Thanks to Layell for those epic dolphin pics!

oh I forgot...
Looks great!

So, about the shading, it was kinda hard, i suck at it but you know, i tried. Here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2fhtn85ujygj7lk/AADV9-Uz1DsOpdUtUSzsbCY2a?dl=0

Layell

Smash Journeyman
C'mon man I cannot have you forgetting the literal best pic from those

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
C'mon man I cannot have you forgetting the literal best pic from those

When Link realizes black fabric and blue tunics do NOT, in fact, allow a hylian to breath underwater, or even swim, for that matter. LOL. That always confused me as a kid, the Zora Tunic.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I just wanted to say that you guys are doing awesome work. I know that all the P:M costumes will be done eventually, but out of curiosity, is anyone working on OoT Ganon now? I imagine he'll take a lot of work but he would look brilliant in S3 style.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Well, if luigi can have smash 3 dr luigi, and smash 3 mr l, but mario only gets dr mario, then he should get mr. m as well! In other words, im working on smash 3 mr m, the mr m model made by KTH. I have done the textures, but no rimlit progress is made.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
You guys are killing me with all of this hype right now; I just came here after watching the PM 3.6 trailer, and then two more Smash 3C costumes get released? It's all too much for one person to handle... and I wouldn't have it any other way, great work as always guys :D

Juken

Smash Ace

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Looks nice, but didn't they say they were updating Link since that one is really dated?
yeah the smash3 team is updating link's textures with smash4 looking ones, but no worries! All of our smash3 stuff that's using old smash3 textures as a base or for references will be updated-improved after the big update hits. As for zora link the only current smash3 textures he's using are the eyes, the skin, the sheat and the belt. It really shouldn't be too hard to update him.

Last edited:

tadget

Smash Rookie
Hey Smash 3Crew, I've secretly kind of been wanting to Smash 3-ify Armored Ike, but I need a wee bit of help.
The Photoshopping and redoing the textures so that they are Smash 3-esque is something I'm pretty capable of doing, it's just I would like to do a little something extra.
I think a nice gloss over Ike's armor would make it really stand out, nothing too absurd, but just a little shiny extra.
For those of you who have no idea what I'm referring to, it's an effect similar to the ones used in these works:
Shiny ZSS: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=28705
Smash 4 Falcon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208049
If anyone could provide me with some technical assistance or direct me to someone else who could help me with doing this, that'd be great!

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Hey Smash 3Crew, I've secretly kind of been wanting to Smash 3-ify Armored Ike, but I need a wee bit of help.
The Photoshopping and redoing the textures so that they are Smash 3-esque is something I'm pretty capable of doing, it's just I would like to do a little something extra.
I think a nice gloss over Ike's armor would make it really stand out, nothing too absurd, but just a little shiny extra.
For those of you who have no idea what I'm referring to, it's an effect similar to the ones used in these works:
Shiny ZSS: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=28705
Smash 4 Falcon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208049
If anyone could provide me with some technical assistance or direct me to someone else who could help me with doing this, that'd be great!
We appreciate your enthusiasm, but I believe that @Crixler has already made significant progress on Armored Ike. He's one our more impassioned Fire Emblem fans, so I believe he's in good hands.

Last edited:

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
Despite some issues the builds have had in the past, both the Smash 3 and Smash 3C builds are by and large finished! If you are interested, the download link is on page 19.

The only issues are that I don't have any recolors to replace the 2 Ocarina Link recolors, 1 Shogun DDD recolor, and two captain falcon recolors. Let me know if you know of any replacements or of any issues with the build

Last edited:

tadget

Smash Rookie
@ the101 the101
My apologies, I wasn't aware of this. At some point I stopped checking this thread, so I must have missed this. Thanks for the clarification!

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hhmkq29qy7982ol/AAC9cC4ruwrEZSKvU6P28YJfa?dl=0
Mr. M is now finished! He looks great i say! Heres are some images: http://imgur.com/a/wBSTJ
Would love it if somebody made a banner.
Doesn't look half bad actually; however, his emblem on his hat needs to be cleaned up as you can still see white, as well as it is blocky. You also might want to change the cape color, right now it's the default yellow, but in the screenshot it's black (A pure black at that, it needs a little detail).

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Doesn't look half bad actually; however, his emblem on his hat needs to be cleaned up as you can still see white, as well as it is blocky. You also might want to change the cape color, right now it's the default yellow, but in the screenshot it's black (A pure black at that, it needs a little detail).
I dont know how to change the cape color, would love it if i got some help. And the emblem will be cleaned up, no worries. Although, i would like it if the scarf was added, if anybody can try to do that.
EDIT: NM, i can change the cape now.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Mr. M is now finished! He looks great i say! Heres are some images: http://imgur.com/a/wBSTJ
Would love it if somebody made a banner.
Hm, it has a lot of issues I'm afraid. Mario is far too dark; he almost looks completely devoid of detail because of how black he is. Try looking at Peach's black swap in Smash Wii U for a better idea on the black levels you should be aiming for:

Other than that, his shoes look overly saturated, there is a bit of white left on his overalls by his shoes, the M logo is too jagged all around (it should be a round shape), and his mask appears to just be completely black. Having a black cape is a cool idea, though, but that one is too dark as well.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Hm, it has a lot of issues I'm afraid. Mario is far too dark; he almost looks completely devoid of detail because of how black he is. Try looking at Peach's black swap in Smash Wii U for a better idea on the black levels you should be aiming for:

Other than that, his shoes look overly saturated, there is a bit of white left on his overalls by his shoes, the M logo is too jagged all around (it should be a round shape), and his mask appears to just be completely black. Having a black cape is a cool idea, though, but that one is too dark as well.
The cape isnt so dark, it kinda brown, and grey. Ill work on the dark levels, but the logo doesnt really look too jagged too me though, but ill try. I wanted the shoes to kinda be redish brown so i kinda saturated the shoes too much, the white overalls or what ever is something i dont really see.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
NOTE: Sorry for triple post, im on mobile now.

Guys, i think the biggest part my sonic semi alts are missing are rimlight and shading. Im horrible at shading, i need somebody to help me with shading, i tried. And i cant rimlight, i be glad if anybody can rimlight the semi alts, because those parts are the IMPORTANT.

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
NOTE: Sorry for triple post, im on mobile now.

Guys, i think the biggest part my sonic semi alts are missing are rimlight and shading. Im horrible at shading, i need somebody to help me with shading, i tried. And i cant rimlight, i be glad if anybody can rimlight the semi alts, because those parts are the IMPORTANT.
Did you try Scout's Smash 3 Rimlight Tutorial?

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Yes, i tried for months ever since the semi alts came out and i kept failing, i need somebody to rimlight them. BTW, i dont know if the shading is okay or not, its up to you guys.

Obskore

Smash Ace
i think i might come in to help with 3D Samus when 3.6 drops, just that i'll pass the progress on to be rimlit by someone else, because there's already people who know how to do that. i know it sounds really lazy but i can't help it xP

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
The cape isnt so dark, it kinda brown, and grey. Ill work on the dark levels, but the logo doesnt really look too jagged too me though, but ill try. I wanted the shoes to kinda be redish brown so i kinda saturated the shoes too much, the white overalls or what ever is something i dont really see.
I think Mr.M looks good to go. If you notice anything that should be fixed or cleaned, PM me.
I'm sorry man, but you really need to listen to the criticism you get. Mario's logo is indeed very jaggy, and I'm concerned that you don't recognize it as such.

I can also clearly see that Mario's cape is not just kinda gray, but dark black. You can lose it in FD's background.

The white on Mario's pants can be seen in this shot, near his feet; it was a problem with the Smash 3 texture if I recall.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I'm sorry man, but you really need to listen to the criticism you get. Mario's logo is indeed very jaggy, and I'm concerned that you don't recognize it as such.

I can also clearly see that Mario's cape is not just kinda gray, but dark black. You can lose it in FD's background.

The white on Mario's pants can be seen in this shot, near his feet; it was a problem with the Smash 3 texture if I recall.
Oh! Im sorry about the jaggy logo, i thought you meant the M lol. I fixed the issue with the dark levels and i used the SML overalls as a base, the cape is now different, and the white part is now gone.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone just thought I'd stop on by and pass my great new S3C alt I've been working on with the101, now that Brawl Marth has been finished I am proud to present the eternal fan fav...

As we all know Smash 3 will be removing the Asian influence from Marth's glorious eye sockets. But this Smash 3 alt restores them to their proper glory. Altean descent no more, Marth has full "General Asian" heritage. I have also included a number of small edits to touch up his outfit. You can find more in the downloads readme, I would highly suggest you check out the full list of changes so you can appreciate it. I have also made 14 costumes for your playing pleasure.

Last edited:

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
Yoyo, guys! Big thanks for the release of 3C Dry Bowser! I already made a simple recolor that I had in mind for a while now!

There is one problem I noticed after performing the N-Air move. The horns.

I downloaded this two days ago. Has this already been made aware of and the pack has been updated already, or is this new?

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, you may have enjoyed 101's retexture of Dry Bowser, which he worked on for several months, kindly posting sporadic updates in the thread. What you didn't know, however, is that Aghanim and I had been working on a much better Bowser all along. Here is just a taste of the good Bowser retexture:

the101

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Hey guys, you may have enjoyed 101's retexture of Dry Bowser, which he worked on for several months, kindly posting sporadic updates in the thread. What you didn't know, however, is that Aghanim and I had been working on a much better Bowser all along. Here is just a taste of the good Bowser retexture:
I feel so ashamed. I bow at the glory of your work.

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
I'll make a video today.

I was planning on only recording a crappy knockoff of Robot Unicorn attack: Heavy Metal Version on the Wii U today, but yeah, I'll do this as well.

Wing Zero

Smash Apprentice
i'm here to confirm that i'm currently working on retexturing shaq for smash 3

Last edited:

the101

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Hello, everyone! I have an announcement today involving Smash 3C. As you know, this community and team consists of wonderful work for the alternate costumes from Project M, Tock's Unlocked project, and many other creations that simply look interesting to us.
I myself was inspired to begin working on Dry Bowser because I was somewhat disappointed by the lack of alternate costumes in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS. Little did I know I'd find myself part of a team and to be enjoying the skills of editing models, textures, and such.
However, there is something else we will begin to work one for Smash 3C; more recolors. Smash 3 will be accommodating applications such as cBliss by producing 10 palette swaps for each fighter. While that is wonderful of them to do so, cBliss will soon be expanded to accommodate 14 palette swaps! And so, without further a do, I introduce a new entry into Smash 3C: an expanded selection of alternate recolors for each fighter. Each one will at a minimum have four and will primarily be produced by yours truly, but please don't hesitate to ask for some cool ideas or produce something yourself. If I find it up to snuff, I will include it in the download pack.

And as our first release I present to you,
NESS Comes Out of Nowhere!
(Yah see what I did there?)

Please don't hesitate to provide feedback, ask questions, or view the album linked with this image! It was kindly provided by my good friend @ Layell Layell , while these beautiful renders were provided by @ ledgerewskie ledgerewskie .

EDIT:

Have fun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom