• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Layell

Smash Journeyman
You saved me some hassle with the armor shiny. It's the least I could provide.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Oh my Great Lord, that Marth! Now I can have 4 different Marths. Really impressive job on this one guys! Considering you guys made almost the entire thing from scratch, this is high caliber work. Quick thing, the Purple Marth in the preview album has a yellow jewel on his cape, while the csp has a red jewel. No big deal though. And Ike look fantastic! :D I am really excited to use these.

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace

Layell has finally finished re-texturing the Brawl model of Marth, with a serving of extra hotness. There's even an extra red costume based on a certain sexy Fire Emblem character. Oh my!

Click the previews for the imgur album!

The Smash 3 Team isn't planning on updating Ike's Brawl model to the new art style, so here is a Smash 3C version! It uses the same renders as the original, but the textures have all been changed, and there's an additional purple costume included! The Smash 3 Lord costume is in as well.

Here's the imgur album with more screenshots!
Sexy...

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Brawlvault and Imgur album have been updated with render that have proper gem colours and an eye fix that Taiko caught. Thanks for catching that everyone!

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Brawlvault and Imgur album have been updated with render that have proper gem colours and an eye fix that Taiko caught. Thanks for catching that everyone!
I got 2 questions:
1. Do you think i need revisions on my semi alts?
2. Should i add the red hair to shadow?

Taiko

Smash Ace
I got 2 questions:
1. Do you think i need revisions on my semi alts?
2. Should i add the red hair to shadow?
I forgot to reply the first time, sorry.
1. In general, I think there needs to be more shading. They look kinda flat. I know you based your work off the first Smash 3 Sonic, but Smash 3 Sonic was one of the first Smash 3 characters made, so his first one is a bit rough. Don't stick too close to that, instead, check the current one and try to adjust it to that.
2. No, don't add red hair.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I forgot to reply the first time, sorry.
1. In general, I think there needs to be more shading. They look kinda flat. I know you based your work off the first Smash 3 Sonic, but Smash 3 Sonic was one of the first Smash 3 characters made, so his first one is a bit rough. Don't stick too close to that, instead, check the current one and try to adjust it to that.
2. No, don't add red hair.
Thanks!

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Oh my Great Lord, that Marth! Now I can have 4 different Marths. Really impressive job on this one guys! Considering you guys made almost the entire thing from scratch, this is high caliber work. Quick thing, the Purple Marth in the preview album has a yellow jewel on his cape, while the csp has a red jewel. No big deal though. And Ike look fantastic! :D I am really excited to use these.
Thanks for catching that. As Layell said, the CSPs and BPs have been updated!

If they're not using his Brawl model, what will they be using? o.O
The new Smash 3 Ike will resemble the Smash Wii U Ike a lot mo

this is still a thing btw
I'm glad to see progress, because I'm very excited to see this!

I made a CSP to match Theytah's Viking Dedede, so boop:

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Thanks for catching that. As Layell said, the CSPs and BPs have been updated!

The new Smash 3 Ike will resemble the Smash Wii U Ike a lot mo

I'm glad to see progress, because I'm very excited to see this!

I made a CSP to match Theytah's Viking Dedede, so boop:
How in za waruldo did you make the CSP/BP for DDD, they look awesome!

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Nice to see @WingZero, more Marth certainly will not hurt anyone. I know that Holy War Marth does use the Marth01 texture from default slot Brawl Marth (really just for gloves and face), so if you want to just grab mine for the hand hole in Holy War Marth go ahead (The S3 original will also work fine if you want your Holy War Marth to not be so holey at the hand, oof).

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
I think I have some pretty cool stuff to post for Sonic and Ness if you're a fan of them.
For Ness: I've made a smash 3 styled CSP and BP for his Checkered Shirt costume. The model is Smash 3 but the author used the Smash 4 CSP which doesn't fit very well with the Smash 3 CSPs.

Also, I have added the shoes from the PM Alts to the Smash 3 models. If anyone wants to add some more fitting Smash 3 textures or fix the rim-lighting to make the shoes rim-lit, let me know and I'll upload the models right now. Also, they work in game.
BrawlBox Preview: http://imgur.com/a/6Vli7

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
I think I have some pretty cool stuff to post for Sonic and Ness if you're a fan of them.
For Ness: I've made a smash 3 styled CSP and BP for his Checkered Shirt costume. The model is Smash 3 but the author used the Smash 4 CSP which doesn't fit very well with the Smash 3 CSPs.

Also, I have added the shoes from the PM Alts to the Smash 3 models. If anyone wants to add some more fitting Smash 3 textures or fix the rim-lighting to make the shoes rim-lit, let me know and I'll upload the models right now. Also, they work in game.
BrawlBox Preview: http://imgur.com/a/6Vli7
Do you mind if I use that ness in my Smash 3 pack?

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
AWWWW! I really liked his red gem on his purple, :c Oh well, It's easy enough to make, I'll do it myself.

Last edited:

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Well, i edited the red texture and made it into the pink melee texture, and made the green texture have dark green pants, and a red tie.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
I have gotten a commitment to render both Butterflyknight, and Melee Fox after I update his boot/headset gear. Talented renders and posers are hard to come by, we need more of them.

Emélie De Rochèfort

Smash Rookie

Layell has finally finished re-texturing the Brawl model of Marth, with a serving of extra hotness. There's even an extra red costume based on a certain sexy Fire Emblem character. Oh my!

Click the previews for the imgur album!

The Smash 3 Team isn't planning on updating Ike's Brawl model to the new art style, so here is a Smash 3C version! It uses the same renders as the original, but the textures have all been changed, and there's an additional purple costume included! The Smash 3 Lord costume is in as well.

Here's the imgur album with more screenshots!
These textures look so great. (I am back by the way ^.^) They look so detailed. Again,Congratulations!

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
Smash 3 build only has been updated, no changes to Smash 3C. Also updated with banners and albums. See pg. 19 for details.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I never thought so many recolors of Dry Bowser could exist! Good Job! Also, the render job just keeps getting better and better. Whatever y'all are doing, you are doing it right! Thank you for all the hard work!

Cahalan

Smash Ace
My hype for the eventual Smash 3C pichu is now higher since there's been a rise in High quality renders lately... Thank you to whoever is doing Pichu (I forgot who it was...).

Also who are the last recolors of Dry Bowser based off of? (I know that the first 3 are from Thousand year door and the last one is probably inspired by dark bowser)

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
My hype for the eventual Smash 3C pichu is now higher since there's been a rise in High quality renders lately... Thank you to whoever is doing Pichu (I forgot who it was...).

Also who are the last recolors of Dry Bowser based off of? (I know that the first 3 are from Thousand year door and the last one is probably inspired by dark bowser)
The white/gray one might be based off of normal dry bones and the orange/blue one might be based off of the giant dry Bowser skull from Mario Kart 8's Dry Desert. I am almost certain that the brown one is a reference to Bowser's default brown costume.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
The white/gray one might be based off of normal dry bones and the orange/blue one might be based off of the giant dry Bowser skull from Mario Kart 8's Dry Desert. I am almost certain that the brown one is a reference to Bowser's default brown costume.
I've always enjoyed recolors because they can be interpretative to whatever it is you associate it with. That's one of the many brilliant concepts within Smash Bros.
I just looked at Dry Bowser's gallery. Why is there a spiker version of each recolor
You may be talking about Dry Bowser's form of Giga Bowser. There is one for each recolor.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
There is one for each recolor.
That is why there needs to be a ton of appreciation for this team. It's hard enough to make textures for Dry Bowser, but then to make recolors and then give each one their own Giga Dry Bowser recolor! That's an insane amount of work! Of course, the same goes for the Smash 3 team as well!

Last edited:
Top Bottom