• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Blisky

Smash Rookie
ledgerewskie ledgerewskie I have a new issue: I was playing classic mode in Project M 3.6 Final, when I was at Stage 6 I think, I was going to fight "Team Luigi", but suddenly during the loading screen the game crashed.
I also added custom music, but I think something got screwed when trying to rename in-game the Brstms, and when I went to configure, the game crashed while selecting a stage in "My Music"...

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
ledgerewskie ledgerewskie I have a new issue: I was playing classic mode in Project M 3.6 Final, when I was at Stage 6 I think, I was going to fight "Team Luigi", but suddenly during the loading screen the game crashed.
I also added custom music, but I think something got screwed when trying to rename in-game the Brstms, and when I went to configure, the game crashed while selecting a stage in "My Music"...
hm, maybe you have the battlefield Music glitch (at least i've only had it happen on battlefield) the crashing happens when a song is over 100% play rait there is a code to fix this though here this form has the code you need (unless it's not battlefield thats causing it) https://smashboards.com/threads/a-s...music-for-battlefield-is-inaccessible.357336/

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
The Lite Pack didn't touch anything related to stages or music, so you'll have to google how to fix your music problem. As for the crash during Luigi, that's probably unrelated as well, but if you want to remove the loading renders, they're in projectm\pf\menu\intro\enter.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Small preview time:

NES Meta Knight is nearly done, this Meta Knight doesn't have his visible eyes, but we are eyeing on releasing him soon. You might even see with your eyes that unlike in Brawl Minus his swords shadow doesn't have those extra points that regular Meta Knights sword has!

(this will be the only b- alt I personally texture)

Last edited:

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Small preview time:

NES Meta Knight is nearly done, this Meta Knight doesn't have his visible eyes, but we are eyeing on releasing him soon. You might even see with your eyes that unlike in Brawl Minus his swords shadow doesn't have those extra points that regular Meta Knights sword has!
Nice

Sliquify_Cheeze

Smash Cadet
heard of the lunchables build that's coming: https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/532xv3/regarding_the_lunchables_build/
https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/52rzmw/the_future_of_pm_give_your_opinion_and_read_the/
What would happen if it became the new tournament standard? And would it cause more bugs? (It probably would and unfortunately more work will be needed.)
Well, I don't imagine that it would take much work (if any) to fix up all the S3/C models. They did say that they didn't want to do any major overhauls.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

Snake's update is finally here! If you've kept up with the previews, you know what this is about - improved textures, new shaders, new camos, and tasty new renders. Brawl Minus's MGS1 Snake is included, too!

There are a ton of Big Boss recolors! Nearly every Smash 3 color now has a facepaint version, plus two brand new camos, and an update of Big Boss's MPO sneaking suit!

Snake is looking dapper in his tuxedo, isn't he? This is @jaystring's import, and it mostly uses textures from the Smash 3 team themselves! We've finished up what was left, and created versions based both on Solid Snake and Big Boss, with matching CSPs for both versions, of course.

Yes, these are the worst screenshots I could have used.

Last edited:

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Tux Snake on the main page redirects me to the recolors. Nothing weird here.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
This has been a very long time in the making, but Justin Bailey has finally been updated with new recolors! Counting the different hair options, there are over forty models to choose from now. That's ridiculous and it's stupid but we did it so there you go. They look pretty boss at least. This was part of a community recolor project on the discord, and thanks for everyone who helped! I also fixed some issues with her default costume's headband not being the right color. Let me know if anything is missing, because this was a lot to keep track of.

Some screenshots can be found in the updated imgur album.

Last edited:

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
I heard from a friend that if you defeat 25 Alloys in Cruel Smash, you can unlock a super secret character! So I tried it, and all I got was this pack of weird files...

Challenger Approaching Intros have been created for all of the 14 possible challengers. Don't use the Smash 3 characters? No worries, we've got your back. From Brawl Sonic, to Solid Snake, to Classic Marth! They're all here! (And if they aren't, you can yell at me for the ones that aren't there.)

Now if you'll excuse me, I heard completing Classic Mode on Very Hard with One Stock as Olimar unlocks this "Sora" guy...​

Yeheah

Smash Cadet
With this update to snake, have they solved the errors of the pause screen?

(That tuxedo snake looks like a gentleman, so nice :D)

Last edited:

DaDousand

Smash Rookie
Damn! I was hoping Toon Link had his mirror shield from The Wind Waker matching his tunic in Smash3C. =/

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Damn! I was hoping Toon Link had his mirror shield from The Wind Waker matching his tunic in Smash3C. =/

Well there is; I've included a Wind Waker "endgame" Outset Toon Link equipped with the Mirror Shield, Master Sword and the Power Bracelets

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
So, uh... Update: Sora? Not in Brawl. Or Project M. God damn it.

BUT YOU KNOW WHAT IS (or can be) IN BRAWL AND PROJECT M?

Yes, that thing I delayed yesterday for the sole reason of "I forgot Classic Marth". You're welcome. Again, same deal, tell me if I forgot any. Now if you excuse me, the Discord seems to be enjoying these emotes a little too much...

[Fixed Solid Snake's new render]
[Fixed Olimar]

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace

Surprise! The best Kirby alt in existence gets its headband touched up in the Smash 3 style! It's got all 10 Smash 3 colors, and was made with lots of love. Special thanks to Ledge and @Zarks for helping me put this together. It was quite the learning experience!

A version with the normal (not angry) eyes may be included later. Now keep your eyes peeled for additional recolors of both this Kirby and the Smash 3 model in the future!

Edit: imgur links appear broken for the time being. Sorry about that!

Last edited:

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Since the project follows a 6/4 ratio for costumes and alts, I wonder, is there's plans for another boxer DK recolour ? Similarly, jet set sonic could get a few more for consistency (maybe).

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
Since the project follows a 6/4 ratio for costumes and alts, I wonder, is there's plans for another boxer DK recolour ? Similarly, jet set sonic could get a few more for consistency (maybe).
i saw someone was whipping up a pink Boxer DK, like the one made for Legacy XPTE

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Small update incoming???

I'm adding these alternate team colours for a pack I will be releasing soon, these orange and emerald Sonic colours will be very helpful for cbliss alternate team colours!

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
And so my little Triforce of Menu Miscs come to an end... Unless I'm forgetting something, which is more likely than you think.

Being a stage file, this slots perfectly into melee folder with the rest of the stages. No, it's not a stage. It's more of a... How do I say this... It's like when all the cast members come on stage and give a final bow. Like a credits but for a stage performance. It's only the guise of a stage, when in truth, it's the actual things on the stage that matter. Which in this case, is our esteemed fighters!
The stage file can also be edited with the files enclosed for those of you who prefer the Smash 3C versions of characters, like the Brawl characters and Melee Spacies. Classic Marth and SJS's Zero Suit Samus are also there for the ride, and like the greedy guy he is, Plumber/Classic/Land Wario's managed to get in there twice.

Edit: I've fixed the images and also included a little extra something...

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
And so my little Triforce of Menu Miscs come to an end... Unless I'm forgetting something, which is more likely than you think.

Being a stage file, this slots perfectly into melee folder with the rest of the stages. No, it's not a stage. It's more of a... How do I say this... It's like when all the cast members come on stage and give a final bow. Like a credits but for a stage performance. It's only the guise of a stage, when in truth, it's the actual things on the stage that matter. Which in this case, is our esteemed fighters!
The stage file can also be edited with the files enclosed for those of you who prefer the Smash 3C versions of characters, like the Brawl characters and Melee Spacies. Classic Marth and SJS's Zero Suit Samus are also there for the ride, and like the greedy guy he is, Plumber/Classic/Land Wario's managed to get in there twice.
So the credits are rolling, does this mean the project ended?

DocStrange

Smash Apprentice
Just downloaded the pack and I have a couple questions after going through the sc_selchar:

First off, if I change any of the CSPs, what , if anything, do I need to do with the palettes? Does Brawlbox have any way to automatically make a palette?

Next, are the colors still in the same order that they are in the sc_selchar? I ask, because there seem to be a few characters with alts randomly mixed in with their normal costumes. Is there a new mapping? Also, are there any problems with the pack working with Mewtwo2000's cBliss tool?

Last, Is there a good way to adapt CSPs to Ondo's style? (i.e., removng the proper parts of Snake's CSPs)

Thanks for any answers and thanks for the pack! This should save a massive amount of headache.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Just downloaded the pack and I have a couple questions after going through the sc_selchar:

First off, if I change any of the CSPs, what , if anything, do I need to do with the palettes? Does Brawlbox have any way to automatically make a palette?

Next, are the colors still in the same order that they are in the sc_selchar? I ask, because there seem to be a few characters with alts randomly mixed in with their normal costumes. Is there a new mapping? Also, are there any problems with the pack working with Mewtwo2000's cBliss tool?

Last, Is there a good way to adapt CSPs to Ondo's style? (i.e., removng the proper parts of Snake's CSPs)

Thanks for any answers and thanks for the pack! This should save a massive amount of headache.
Just follow the steps in Ondos's thread. It'll show you how to mask the CSPs and remove the bottom parts and how to create 'packs' of CSPs that use compatible palettes. Then you add those into Brawlbox using CI8 compression and tick the "Use Palette" box on all except the bottom-most CSP.

Go here for Ondo things!

Edit: Oh and the alts are ordered the way they are to make the most of palette sharing. (At least that's what it looks like to me)

Last edited:

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
You may not have noticed, but I've been obeying a schedule of uploading menu features every two days. Sorry to say, today is not one of those days. However, that doesn't mean I have nothing to show.

It's a reference to one of the Brawl screens, don't judge me.

Congratulations Screens are being worked on. Massive shoutouts to @tryptech for being the legend to create fonts for all the characters! But here's why I've posted this in the first place. On the Smash 3C Discord I've opened up a channel for people to submit their own screenshots for use. You can catch most of the details on the #Congrats-Screens channel. I've not set a deadline to alleviate stresses that people may face. I look forward to seeing your submissions over there, and even more so seeing the references I don't quite get, but others might!

Top Bottom