• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Layell

Smash Journeyman
If anyone cares I did do an update for Squirtle, since the ingame model and render eyes did not match I gave the ingame model a version with the renders red eyes.

If you aren't following the 3C thread, you should because the party keeps going over there.

Gulogomi

Smash Rookie
I've trouble installing the pack. I did not find any instruction when I downloaded the folder. I tried pasting the pf folder into the project M pf folder, but nothing happened :/

Sliquify_Cheeze

Smash Cadet
I've trouble installing the pack. I did not find any instruction when I downloaded the folder. I tried pasting the pf folder into the project M pf folder, but nothing happened :/
Can you tell me exactly what happened? You used the Lite Pack yeah? You need to completely replace the insides of the pf folder. Make sure you also use the appropriate codes.

Gulogomi

Smash Rookie
Can you tell me exactly what happened? You used the Lite Pack yeah? You need to completely replace the insides of the pf folder. Make sure you also use the appropriate codes.
Thanks for your reply!

I have the default graphics when I run the game, after the replacement.

I just downloaded the "Project M" folder from the dropbox link in this thread. I'm aware of the code you need to enter for some of the graphics, but I have read that you only have to replace the costume files in order to make them work?

Sliquify_Cheeze

Smash Cadet
Thanks for your reply!

I have the default graphics when I run the game, after the replacement.

I just downloaded the "Project M" folder from the dropbox link in this thread. I'm aware of the code you need to enter for some of the graphics, but I have read that you only have to replace the costume files in order to make them work?
Have you tried playing a match? If you only put the costume files (as in only the 'fighter' files) your UI won't change, but the ingame costumes will. The UI will only change if all the menu stuff is in there. Also depending on which parts of the build you're using (headband puff, Pig Ganon) you'll need to use the right RSBE01 file. So, yeah. Literally just drop the contents of the Lite Pack 'pf' folder into the default Project M 'pf' folder. It will ask you if you want to replace the files with the same names. Just say yes and you should be good to go.

Gulogomi

Smash Rookie
Have you tried playing a match? If you only put the costume files (as in only the 'fighter' files) your UI won't change, but the ingame costumes will. The UI will only change if all the menu stuff is in there. Also depending on which parts of the build you're using (headband puff, Pig Ganon) you'll need to use the right RSBE01 file. So, yeah. Literally just drop the contents of the Lite Pack 'pf' folder into the default Project M 'pf' folder. It will ask you if you want to replace the files with the same names. Just say yes and you should be good to go.
Thanks for your help.

I'm aware of that and I did try a match each time I replaced the files. I have even tried reinstalling the emulator and Project M.
The new costume is visible in the pf folder when I use 'Brawl Costume Manager', but not in game.

I have also tried with a single character.

Sliquify_Cheeze

Smash Cadet
Thanks for your help.

I'm aware of that and I did try a match each time I replaced the files. I have even tried reinstalling the emulator and Project M.
The new costume is visible in the pf folder when I use 'Brawl Costume Manager', but not in game.

I have also tried with a single character.
You'll have to forgive me, I made a very big mistake. I thought this was in the Smash 3C discussion page. (You might want to check that out btw, it's got the PM alts and heaps more fun stuff) Have you been using the Brawl Costume Manager? iirc, that has some issues with 3.6. Do it manually through File Explorer. I'm guessing you're using Dolphin yeah? Are you using a prebuilt ISO or are you using the virtual SD card method?

Gulogomi

Smash Rookie
You'll have to forgive me, I made a very big mistake. I thought this was in the Smash 3C discussion page. (You might want to check that out btw, it's got the PM alts and heaps more fun stuff) Have you been using the Brawl Costume Manager? iirc, that has some issues with 3.6. Do it manually through File Explorer. I'm guessing you're using Dolphin yeah? Are you using a prebuilt ISO or are you using the virtual SD card method?
It's alright, that you thoguht this was the 3C discussion page. :)

I have tried with the Brawl Costume Manager, but it cannot see the pac and pcs file from the pack, when I try to open them. If I place the files into the fighter folder in project m, pf, it does update the model view, but not ingame..

Im using Dolphin and a prebuild ISO :)

Last edited:

Sliquify_Cheeze

Smash Cadet
It's alright, that you thoguht this was the 3C discussion page. :)

I have tried with the Brawl Costume Manager, but it cannot see the pac and pcs file from the pack, when I try to open them. If I place the files into the fighter folder in project m, pf, it does update the model view, but not ingame..

Im using Dolphin and a prebuild ISO :)
Can I recommend you start using the virtual SD card method? It's much easier and you can edit stuff pretty easily. This guide is pretty easy to follow: http://afriendlyfox.com/2013/07/22/project-m-super-smash-bros-brawl-mod-on-the-dolphin-wii-emulator/

thug_link_life

Smash Rookie
he hasn't crashed for me in either PM or Brawl, but still i don't use him so often. the weird thing is that his Samus hat is very unstable but doesn't crash or freeze, that's the closest i can say
hello this may be off topic but i am having a really hard time installing smash 3 in vBrawl (there are no instructions in the download) can you pleae heelp how to install this , thanks

thug_link_life

Smash Rookie
hello everyone
sorry for being so unexpirenced but i am still new in brawl hacking .. well
i downloaded the brawl folder and there was no instructions in it

i dont know if i have to create a .gct file and a gameconfig.txt for this mod or i have to download them from somewhere else
i copied the .gct and gameconfig.txt file in my sd (from PM) but i know they will not work correctly
i guess i need specific files for this mod, but anyways i just need te instruction and i will find the way

Last edited:

Sliquify_Cheeze

Smash Cadet
hello everyone
sorry for being so unexpirenced but i am still new in brawl hacking .. well
i downloaded the brawl folder and there was no instructions in it

i dont know if i have to create a .gct file and a gameconfig.txt for this mod or i have to download them from somewhere else
i copied the .gct and gameconfig.txt file in my sd (from PM) but i know they will not work correctly
i guess i need specific files for this mod, but anyways i just need te instruction and i will find the way
The code you want to make is a file replacement code, search it up on Gecko.

IFerPe01

Smash Cadet
Uh, how do I change the little circle stock icons to the head stock icons? I had the premade pack that included the head icons but then I downloaded the individual HUD pack because I wanted the fancy gradient and it had the circles that I don't like that much. (I play Project M 3.6)

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
Uh, how do I change the little circle stock icons to the head stock icons? I had the premade pack that included the head icons but then I downloaded the individual HUD pack because I wanted the fancy gradient and it had the circles that I don't like that much. (I play Project M 3.6)
I don't know how to solve your exact conundrum, but may I suggest downloading a fresh copy of PM 3.6 in conjunction with the S3C Lite Pack? Using both in tandem will ensure that you have the costumes and HUD that you desire.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
If you didn't see this in the 3C thread...

~*~IMPORTANT FESTIVE ANNOUNCEMENT~*~

Since this is the anniversary of Smash 3C, and Christmas time, I am going to be in the festive mood and offer free renders/recolours

To apply simply PM (start a conversation) me on smashboards with the following by December 26th

-The recolour of a Smash 3 or 3C model you want

OR

-The recolour concept you want of a Smash 3 or 3C model (any sample images would be lovely)

With this I will make a render of your previously made outfit, or try recolouring it. If it was already made and isn't too difficult I may also be able to recolour it with source files for you. I'll make a CSP and BP, I cannot promise stocks. ONE REQUEST PER PERSON!

Caveat: While I have most files for everything, there are some things I don't have access to. If I cannot fulfill your request I will let you know. I will only do one outfit per person. Your account has to have been created before this post.

Currently unable to fulfill:
-S3 Luigi
-S3 Snake
-New fur for DK/Diddy

Hope to see what you all want ; )

EDIT: If multiple people request the same thing, I'll probably let the second person choose something else.. or something. If tons of people request the exact same thing maybe I'll just let everyone choose something else IDK.

(please don't kill me either)

IFerPe01

Smash Cadet
Could please someone make a pack for Legacy XP? 'cause when I try to replace, say Mario, including CSP and stock icons makes the game freeze (on a real Wii)
(but I replaced the doc like this and it worked)

Last edited:

Bighands-Senpai

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2380-4982-0219
Is there a 10 costume build of this? The packs in the OP merely cover the slots that already exist in Brawl/PM. Is there a build that covers the 10 cbliss slots but that does not contain anything by Smash3C? Just the colors done for this project

blerb

Smash Journeyman
The main Smash 3 project is complete, and most of the developers have moved on. All future progress will be posted in the Smash 3C Discord, and the thread on here will be updated for releases.

Bighands-Senpai Bighands-Senpai I would recommend the 3C Lite Pack as a starter-pack for a Smash 3 build with costume expansion.

E-scope12 E-scope12 That's up to the community now. as I said above, the main project has been completed (well, aside from any bugfixes in the future.) Post your work in the thread on here, in the 3C Discord server, or wherever you please.

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
The full pack download link isn't working for me. Are there any alternates?

Nevermind. It's working.

Aaand it's down again. It's probably just me.

Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
Are the new sword trails just a replaced texture or something in the moveset file? Or is there more to it?

Obskore

Smash Ace
Are the new sword trails just a replaced texture or something in the moveset file? Or is there more to it?
it's the 3.6 movesets with the new trails inserted, though the sword flare models area still default brawl / PM and they won't fit.
i don't remember who from the Smash 3C team made new sword flare models to fit with the new Smash 3 sword models

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
it's the 3.6 movesets with the new trails inserted, though the sword flare models area still default brawl / PM and they won't fit.
i don't remember who from the Smash 3C team made new sword flare models to fit with the new Smash 3 sword models
Wait so are the sword flare models available for download somewhere?

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
i remember getting them in the Smash 3C Discord, it's definitely something that should be added to the Smash 3C OP
Hi, so I tried looking around in the Smash 3C discord and I couldn't find anything. If you have them do you mind giving them to me? I don't really mind if like its included with other stuff if all I need is the Sword Flare models and the textures

Obskore

Smash Ace
Hi, so I tried looking around in the Smash 3C discord and I couldn't find anything. If you have them do you mind giving them to me? I don't really mind if like its included with other stuff if all I need is the Sword Flare models and the textures
i only have the Smash 3 Roy fixed sword glow model, i can send it to you, what's your name in the Smash 3C discord?

suiken_2mieu

Smash Rookie
I have to ask, am I installing this wrong?

I took Project M 3.6 (Homebrew) and dragged the relevant files over from Smash 3 and hit replace.

I keep getting crashes, sometimes at CSS and sometimes when starting a match (the level loads and then crashes). This happens on Dolphin and Wii.

EDIT: I must note, that it doesn't happen immediately, but after a few match (like 3-15).

Last edited:

Siggles

Smash Rookie
For some reason I cannot download this as if I download it from my dropbox [because dropbox.com says the zip file is too large] It turns into an item named "Unspecified" where it has a windows logo on the icon, how do I fix this?

suiken_2mieu

Smash Rookie
For some reason I cannot download this as if I download it from my dropbox [because dropbox.com says the zip file is too large] It turns into an item named "Unspecified" where it has a windows logo on the icon, how do I fix this?
The way I got around it was to click either PM or Brawl, then download it.

darkblazeknight

Smash Rookie
That is the problem I am currently having right now! You are a life saver!! It might be 2 years later but damn this is the closest thing Ive come to a solution on how to make it work. Im going to try this right now!

Edit: I just tried it. Nope, still not working

Last edited:
Top Bottom