• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skylanderszach

Smash Cadet
I have played this now on the Wii after I downloaded the characters individually. I have had no problems what so ever. The only thing that I have seen is that Pikachu has an odd orange color instead of being his traditional Yellow.

anas abou

Smash Journeyman
Seriously though, I do find it amusing when some no-name shows up and defecates from their noise maker. Like they have any idea how much weight this project holds in this community or how much effort goes into modding in general. Patience is a virtue, good friends.
way to insult me for an opinion, real mature.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
way to insult me for an opinion, real mature.
You didn't state your opinion though, you insulted someone's work. There's a big difference between the two. If you were stating your opinion, you would've done it like other people have in this thread; in a respectful manner. Your opinion is that you disliked it. That's fine! However, you instead, stated that it was ugly. You were disrespectful.

Disliking something is an opinion.
Saying it's ugly is an insult.
That's the difference. Stop derailing things.

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Mario no has functional CSS icons for PM and Brawl. They're there, but only as faulty Photoshop documents that I can't open for some reason. Made these as fillers in the meantime.
Mario_CSS_PM.png
Mario_CSS_Brawl.png

PepsiforPizza1895

Smash Cadet
Wow, I just came back here after a while of not looking at this thread and I just realized that the the entire roster is finished! It amazes me how far this team got and what was done to get them this far is really impressive. "Smash 3 Team" u guys did a amazing job from start to finish and even though I bet u guys wanted to just call it quits at points especially with the demanding community and other things coming up during development "Smash 3ds".

Some of you guys might remember a user named "TheDarkKnight1965" a year or two ago, that was actually my old Smash-boards account and I was following this project ever since I saw this thread with that account. I might have been a rude and immature person at times but it was very minimal and I'm way more mature now than I was back then.

Ever since those pics with Olimar, I was always hyped about this project and seeing that it's now completed. U guys really deserve that retirement cause this team was filled with Dededetermination.

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
My current endeavor is to create a GCT with 10 costumes for everyone excluding Wario and GW with PM's ASL format on every stage. All I need to do now is tweak the ASL code and figure out how to get Wario's costumes in reverse order as they are in PM.

I also went through the snooze fest of creating a fully functional Smash 3 pack with some S3C stuff mixed in and GW excluded. Here's the CSS without HD stuff.
00000000-19.png

Obskore

Smash Ace
My current endeavor is to create a GCT with 10 costumes for everyone excluding Wario and GW with PM's ASL format on every stage. All I need to do now is tweak the ASL code and figure out how to get Wario's costumes in reverse order as they are in PM.

I also went through the snooze fest of creating a fully functional Smash 3 pack with some S3C stuff mixed in and GW excluded. Here's the CSS without HD stuff.
oh, if you want better quality (given you'll make a pack for Wii) CSS portraits (C18 format) i use this. it's an altered menu that applies a single background texture to every character's portraits, which are now transparent portraits. it hasn't been updated since it was made for 3.6 beta so maybe you'll have to make a few changes

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Replay Icons?

Replay Icons.
Smash 3 replay icons.png

Feel free to use them.

Oh and the Smash 3 Menu is pretty lit as well.
Good work on y'alls end.​

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
View attachment 113846

Im surprised no one noticed or mentioned this yet.
ASKDJFLASKDJFLASKDFHLKJSDPIQWHREFNKDS
IT'S BEAUTIFUL, I LOVE YOU, IT'S DEFINITELY BETTER THAN I EXPECTED OMG

edit:
Replay Icons?

Replay Icons.
View attachment 113847

Feel free to use them.

Oh and the Smash 3 Menu is pretty lit as well.
Good work on y'alls end.​
can you put up an album with every of these as separate images? i thought they were, but it's a single png

Last edited:

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
as for now there is only a project M version, the brawl version might be made in the future

Last edited:

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Is there a HD pack available for dolphin users? Would love some better quality renders

anas abou

Smash Journeyman
We appreciate your input! However, even if we would not touch these ever again.

Care to deliberate as to why a dark pikachu is ugly?

Reverse-Shinies are pokemon too!
thank you for the mature response, as to why i found it ugly, all the colors have a dark glossy look, almost as if pikachu swam in olive oil, i don't know if it's just my build, i used the brawl one from the smash 3c project, which looks perfect to me, other that that i greatly appreciate all the work you do and use it in all my builds.

calling me a no-namer that shows up and defecates from their noise maker was greatly insulting to me and frankly a childish response.

Shren

Smash Journeyman
all the colors have a dark glossy look, almost as if pikachu swam in olive oil, i don't know if it's just my build, i used the brawl one from the smash 3c project, which looks perfect to me,
Pikachu got a solo update after the full pack release, so the problem you probably had is now gone.

D

Deleted member

We appreciate your input! However, even if we would not touch these ever again.

Care to deliberate as to why a dark pikachu is ugly?

Reverse-Shinies are pokemon too!
You talk like a carnival man with a bowler hat and mustache.

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395
I don't know if it has been already reported, but Ness is missing the .pcs and .pac files for his dark red costume in his individual download. It has the portraits but not the actual costume :p

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Just so we all understand each other... the pack has a Smash 3 Menu for Project M already.

thank you for the mature response
Me? Mature? Huh.

No worries tho, the 3c's are gonna handle these... or, you may be able to tackle this yourself as a challenge. Who knows, maybe you would like it and make some epic mods in a future.

You talk like a carnival man with a bowler hat and mustache.
And you talk like a non carnival man with a normal hat and a mustache.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 113846

Im surprised no one noticed or mentioned this yet.
Oh that's the CSS menu that you guys mentioned before. I saw the individual pics for each character, but I didn't know if there was anything else. Looks nice! I'd probably use it along with the 3DS colored css pics.

Also, would you know if this menu works with PM EX?

Last edited:

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
I didn't think it would be, but this is surprisingly emotional for me. I've been following this mod since the first page and I was but a wee little lurker. I remember having a "ritual" that I'd do every morning where I would check this thread for updates, check the Vault for anything good, google "Sonic Adventure 3 news" because I had hope, then eat my cereal and leave for school. Now, nearly three full years later, at least one part of that ritual is gone. Thank you, Smash 3 Team. For being one of the only consistent aspects of my life for the past three years, for being what convinced me to make a Smashboards account in the first place, for indirectly introducing me to Project M, for inspiring me to learn to make content, for everything. You wonderful chaps deserve a rest. Enjoy your retirement.

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Sonic Adventure 3 news
Project Sonic 2017 hype boi (though 06 was basically SA3 :()

BUGS:
- Peach's last two costumes soft freeze the game upon stage selection
- ROB's purple costume crashes after a match begins

IT'S-A-ME, MARIO
00000000-21.png

Edit:
Forgot Peach's extra Entry files, false alarm. As for ROB, I'm pretty sure the MK costume has to be on slot 07. My bad.

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Just to be sure, because the entire pack is quite big, it's updated with all the latest bugfixes, right?

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have a version of Peach with her Pink Gold metals or is that something that should be taken care of in the S3C thread?

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I thing the rob crash is due to the fact that the project m 3.6 adds specific effects to the costume slot of Mario Kart DS rob, and if you use regular rob, it'll crash.

Top Bottom