• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

I hope the new Marth has a different face and edited hair. The current one looks odd to me. Actually, the 3C Brawl Marth's head on the S3 Marth's body would probably look pretty good.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I'm so glad you got the "Lady Palutena let me dress myself today!" color in.

Don't be hatin' on Baten Kaitos Pit, yo! I could reveal what is the actual inspiration for Pit's extra costumes but...watching you guys attempt to figure 'em out is far more interesting.

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
One of them i
Don't be hatin' on Baten Kaitos Pit, yo! I could reveal what is the actual inspiration for Pit's extra costumes but...watching you guys attempt to figure 'em out is far more interesting.
What are the Falcon ones taken from? Anybody got some ideas?

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
The last two recolors for Pit are rad as hell.
I'm guessing the last one is a recolor for Hades.
Also, Pit looks more like a kid, but looks more serious as well.
Nice job, Smash 3 Team.

Last edited:

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
I hope the new Marth has a different face and edited hair. The current one looks odd to me. Actually, the 3C Brawl Marth's head on the S3 Marth's body would probably look pretty good.
Yeah, his face was edited down to a modelling level. We've even shown him before from a render and screenshot:

D

Deleted member

Yeah, his face was edited down to a modelling level. We've even shown him before from a render and screenshot:
Hooray! I'll be sure to pick that up when it drops!

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Lovely work on Pit. Noticeable improvements, but I gotta say I much rather prefer his old eyes/face over where they are currently...at least in the renders. He looks so boyish now with those giant eyes compared the previous installment of Smash 3 pit that made him far more respectable in appearance than his Brawl incarnation. Then again his character from Uprising onward has defined him as a whiny idiot who's completely incapable of accomplishing jack sh*t without Waifutena holding his hand every step of the way, so I suppose the dopey mug is fitting. Hmm.

Observe. Old left, new right.
Pit_00_CSP.png
Pit_00_CSP.png

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
would i be right in thinking that the last recolor of pit that also has black wings is the magnus recolor for dark pit in sm4sh? and then is the green alternate a palutena recolor?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
would i be right in thinking that the last recolor of pit that also has black wings is the magnus recolor for dark pit in sm4sh? and then is the green alternate a palutena recolor?
The bolded is correct. I will pop up and say "yes, that's right!" if someone gets one I didn't disclose.

As for the Falcon ones, as Snake would say, not even close.

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
You thought it was Pit, but it was I,....Pit!

No, seriously, Pit's next.

Go on and take a gander at some choice screens and you can see his two new colors in action mid game.

Until next time!

And yeah, his renders are in the hoard
I CAN'T LOVE THIS ENOUGH! <3

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
I'm here to report an issue that occurs with the current version of Smash 3 Pit to whomever it may concern. Whenever Pit uses the blade in his left hand during certain attacks, the wrong part of the blade is lit up and subsequently causes an inaccurate sword trail. I've included some snapshots that illustrate what I mean. Smash 3C Classic Pit is there for comparison.
http://imgur.com/a/YeBBQ
The problem is likely located in the FitPit00.mdl0. This bug persists in the Smash 3C version of Brawl Pit as well. I sincerely thank anyone who took the time to read this.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I'm having a similar issue!

Someone once posted why somewhere months ago, but I didn't get a chance to look at it.

One person fixed it by putting the objects onto a fresh Pit, though it probably wouldn't help in this case.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I should feel bad for accidentally double posting.

Since Zelda and Ganondorf are already in your fancy render pile, are you guys planning specifically on not updating them?

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
I should feel bad for accidentally double posting.

Since Zelda and Ganondorf are already in your fancy render pile, are you guys planning specifically on not updating them?
They'll likely be updated, just not the renders. I imagine the differences will be noticeable in game but too subtle to warrant a re-render.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
They'll likely be updated, just not the renders. I imagine the differences will be noticeable in game but too subtle to warrant a re-render.
Oh, that's too bad. Zelda in Smash 4 has a completely different face methinks, and her skirt has insane shiny specular bits. It looks so soft.

The skirt, not the face. I'm not creepy.

I saw the notification that you responded to my comment, and I got really excited for some high quality smack talk.
Then you were actually helpful, and I was extremely disappointed.

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Oh, that's too bad. Zelda in Smash 4 has a completely different face methinks, and her skirt has insane shiny specular bits. It looks so soft.

The skirt, not the face. I'm not creepy.

I saw the notification that you responded to my comment, and I got really excited for some high quality smack talk.
Then you were actually helpful, and I was extremely disappointed.
You're trash. You're literally the waste of human garbage...which is already waste. Thus you're existence is exponentially meaningless.

But hey, this isn't the place for that sort of thing. If you're looking for tear fuel, come to my thread.

Platinum Dee

Smash Rookie
Here are my guesses as to what the new Falcon colors are based off of:
-Brown Falcon may be a reference to Samurai Goroh
-Purple Falcon, I wasn't sure on at all but the first thing I think of is Don Genie as the blue in this color could come from the color of Don Genie's car

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I gotta ask, why does Pit look so depressed?
Because of how terrible his Brawl model is.

• And his life is going down the toilet, ever since '91, he's been doing cheap odd jobs. He was pretty excited about appearing in Brawl, most of his redesign was nice, but who could love that face? And even worse - he was only C tier, overshadowed by literally everyone else in his reveal trailer. After that, he got a reboot, but the criticism of the controls brought him down, he even got hit in the head by a beer bottle by a lefty. He had a little optimism about Smash 4, especially with his redesigned moveset... But then he had a clone. One even higher tier than he. And then Palutena showed up, lower tier, but people played as her anyway because she's new, she's hot and has a good side taunt if ya know what I mean. His last shot of redemption in that game was... Palutena's temple, a stage loathed almost as much as Great Cave Offensive.

Follow up question - why shouldn't he look so depressed?

Last edited:
Top Bottom