• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I wanted to post that on my thread, but accidentaly posted on this one. I don't want to contribute to spam again, you know how bad things can get.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I wanted to post that on my thread, but accidentaly posted on this one. I don't want to contribute to spam again, you know how bad things can get.
Yeah... I perfer that to be water under the bridge. Don't want to look like an arse again... again.

*Sees a new dio face.*

Eh.

*Notices it's Kirby*

Bruh, and you've been teasing this puffball for awhile now... ('m guessing working on Kirby Hats make you want to stab someone... :/)

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Coldsteel for Smash 3.

He'll have his own copy of Sonic's moveset, but he's so edgey that his punches and kicks will have cutting effects.

Obskore

Smash Ace
User was warned for this post
Will the wounds heal?
Edit: *snip*, ok i'm sorry for this silly post, i got a bit too carried away before posting this reply that i wasn't aware of the thread i was in and the context. i clicked on the alert, saw the post i had quoted and tried to reply as fast as possible thinking it'd be funny. never thought i'd ever get a single report, i didn't meant to. my sincere apologies

Last edited:

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
Edit: *snip*, ok i'm sorry for this silly post, i got a bit too carried away before posting this reply that i wasn't aware of the thread i was in and the context. i clicked on the alert, saw the post i had quoted and tried to reply as fast as possible thinking it'd be funny. never thought i'd ever get a single report, i didn't meant to. my sincere apologies
Chill.
That's enough spam for another ten months.
How about we stop?
If I had a nickel for every time I heard this... I'd have 4 nickels.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Good lord, it's been a while since I've been here. I can't exactly remember, but what exactly was the problem with the old Smash 3 textures not working with the current version of Project M? Was it the alt costumes or something else with PM's engine? I still stare at the magnificence of Smash 3 Toon Link. Looks like he was ripped straight out of Wind Waker.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Good lord, it's been a while since I've been here. I can't exactly remember, but what exactly was the problem with the old Smash 3 textures not working with the current version of Project M? Was it the alt costumes or something else with PM's engine? I still stare at the magnificence of Smash 3 Toon Link. Looks like he was ripped straight out of Wind Waker.
A lot of characters have costume-specific thingies, like Mario's cape, Peach's gold, Link's ocarina maybe, among a few others

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Hey Smash 3 team! How are you all doing? We haven't heard anything from you all in a while (except drogoth/edel? can't remember if they are on the team or not). just want to make sure you all are alive and well. Hope school/life is going your way!

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Most of us are pretty busy these days, but we are slowly chipping away at the remaining characters. Don't get your hopes up, though. 2017 is still the expected release year, after all

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Hey Smash 3 team! How are you all doing? We haven't heard anything from you all in a while (except drogoth/edel? can't remember if they are on the team or not). just want to make sure you all are alive and well. Hope school/life is going your way!
of course Scout and I are on the team
How rude ;~;
We're all alive. Just consumed with life/school/jobs and future plans.

2017 is still the expected release year, after all
He meant 2018

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
of course Scout and I are on the team
How rude ;~;
We're all alive. Just consumed with life/school/jobs and future plans.
I apologize. Just forgot the team a little bit.

Most of us are pretty busy these days, but we are slowly chipping away at the remaining characters. Don't get your hopes up, though. 2017 is still the expected release year, after all
I figured you all were busy. Just wanted to make sure you all were alive and well. :) thanks for all the hard work!

bngmn

Smash Cadet
I'm just really excited for the release...but wow 2017 hahaha - dies inside from anticipation-
Any teaser images or trailers? Its just that donkey kong was revealed so over 8 months ago and we're still waiting:confused:

Last edited:

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Yeaaaah...... I'm working on something but don't expect anything soon. I've said this before but I will reiterate: when we're close to release you'll know. ;)

Last edited:

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if it was mentioned or not but are you doing kirby's copy abilities too?
They are doing the copy abilities, which'll mean kirby is probably last, considering they'd have to make all the other characters first, before modifying them to the copy abilities.

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
2017 is a long time, you guys should try and do everything in your power to release it this year, even though I'm sure these mods are time consuming! I'm just really excited to see this project! Go Smash 3 or Sma3h!

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
2017 is a long time, you guys should try and do everything in your power to release it this year, even though I'm sure these mods are time consuming! I'm just really excited to see this project! Go Smash 3 or Sma3h!
I'm, like, 60% sure that 2017 thing was a joke.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure someone got this working for Project M.
More or less. The majority of the models work just fine, but the ones that PM altered like Mario and Yoshi just need to be rimlit and have the textures applied. Easy enough, albeit tedious. Though I'm fairly certain textures were never made for things like Mario's cape. That and a number of the updated models will likely be very different from Brawl so the team will have to take that into account for PM's moveset intricacies.

Also, is Smash 3 going to make it's own metal texture? (for the box, not Peach)

NFMLH2

Smash Apprentice
Here are some stock Icons I created.. Use them if you wish, however by no means am I saying these are the definitive stock icons.
Normal
Black
Red
Blue
White
Purple
Poison
Green
Dark Bowser
Dry Bowser

Dry Bowser (Pink)

Dry Bowser (Green)

Dry Bowser (Brown)

Dry Bowser (White)

Dry Bowser (Dark)

Dry Bowser (Gold)

Dry Bowser (Purple)
Normal
Black
Blood Falcon
Green
SNES
Pink
Smash 64 Green
Smash 64
Normal
Red
Yellow
Blue
Green
Cyan
Blue and Green outline
Inverse
Light Yellow
Normal
Red
Purple
White
Green
Shiny
GI Normal
GI Black
Normal
Orange
Pink
Blue
Fire Flower
Waluigi
Mr. L

Mr. L (Orange)

Mr. L (Blue)

Mr. L (White)
Normal
Daisy
Red
Blue
Green
White
Fire Flower
Shadow Peach
Normal
Yellow
Red
Green
Blue
Dark Pit
Pink
Purple
Normal
Famicom
Yellow
Pink
Blue
Green
Mario Kart
Virtual Boy
Wii
Normal
Red
Blue
Purple
Green
Black
Hilda
Normal
Red
Blue
Purple (Blonde)
Green
Black
Hilda

The Peacekeeper

Smash Cadet
Here are some stock Icons I created.. Use them if you wish, however by no means am I saying these are the definitive stock icons.
Normal
Black
Red
Blue
White
Purple
Poison
Green
Dark Bowser
Dry Bowser

Dry Bowser (Pink)

Dry Bowser (Green)

Dry Bowser (Brown)

Dry Bowser (White)

Dry Bowser (Dark)

Dry Bowser (Gold)

Dry Bowser (Purple)
Normal
Black
Blood Falcon
Green
SNES
Pink
Smash 64 Green
Smash 64
Normal
Red
Yellow
Blue
Green
Cyan
Blue and Green outline
Inverse
Light Yellow
Normal
Red
Purple
White
Green
Shiny
GI Normal
GI Black
Normal
Orange
Pink
Blue
Fire Flower
Waluigi
Mr. L

Mr. L (Orange)

Mr. L (Blue)

Mr. L (White)
Normal
Daisy
Red
Blue
Green
White
Fire Flower
Shadow Peach
Normal
Yellow
Red
Green
Blue
Dark Pit
Pink
Purple
Normal
Famicom
Yellow
Pink
Blue
Green
Mario Kart
Virtual Boy
Wii
Normal
Red
Blue
Purple
Green
Black
Hilda
Normal
Red
Blue
Purple (Blonde)
Green
Black
Hilda

These are honestly really nice and in good quality too.

My only gripe is that you've given Bowser's stock icon too much body and it looks kinda weird and out of place (The PM style Dry Bowser is an example on how it should look).

Albeit It's an interesting way you've experimented with the look of the stock and could work if you try to work on it a bit more. Take your C.Falcon or Zelda as examples, It shows enough body without it looking weird or colliding with the other stocks on the HUD.

Even with the weirdness of the Bowser stock, It's an issue that can be easily fixed and all the other stock icons look really professional looking so I'd give it an 9.5/10.

Good Job!

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
These are honestly really nice and in good quality too.

My only gripe is that you've given Bowser's stock icon too much body and it looks kinda weird and out of place (The PM style Dry Bowser is an example on how it should look).

Albeit It's an interesting way you've experimented with the look of the stock and could work if you try to work on it a bit more. Take your C.Falcon or Zelda as examples, It shows enough body without it looking weird or colliding with the other stocks on the HUD.

Even with the weirdness of the Bowser stock, It's an issue that can be easily fixed and all the other stock icons look really professional looking so I'd give it an 9.5/10.

Good Job!
Agree with everything The Peacekeeper The Peacekeeper said. Also, I just noticed that peach's stock icons have a small sliver of her left shoulder in them, which could be removed, in my opinion. Good job overall

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Normal
Black
Red
Blue
White
Purple
Poison
Green
Dark Bowser
Dry Bowser

Dry Bowser (Pink)

Dry Bowser (Green)

Dry Bowser (Brown)

Dry Bowser (White)

Dry Bowser (Dark)

Dry Bowser (Gold)

Dry Bowser (Purple)
Normal
Black
Blood Falcon
Green
SNES
Pink
Smash 64 Green
Smash 64
Normal
Red
Yellow
Blue
Green
Cyan
Blue and Green outline
Inverse
Light Yellow
Normal
Red
Purple
White
Green
Shiny
GI Normal
GI Black
Normal
Orange
Pink
Blue
Fire Flower
Waluigi
Mr. L

Mr. L (Orange)

Mr. L (Blue)

Mr. L (White)
Normal
Daisy
Red
Blue
Green
White
Fire Flower
Shadow Peach
Normal
Yellow
Red
Green
Blue
Dark Pit
Pink
Purple
Normal
Famicom
Yellow
Pink
Blue
Green
Mario Kart
Virtual Boy
Wii
Normal
Red
Blue
Purple
Green
Black
Hilda
Normal
Red
Blue
Purple (Blonde)
Green
Black
Hilda
Stocks in Smash have traditionally been heads. That said, I don't consider taking a square of a CSP and shrinking it down to be a very difficult endeavor. However, I understand that in a number of poses chopping off heads simply doesn't look that good...primarily when hair is long or hands get in the way of faces. (unless of course someone went through the pain of making renders of just the characters' heads) Although...your work does challenge the norm of what makes a stock; without Peach's shoulder's there'd be no easy way to differentiate between them. (that's where recoloring comes in) Granted our eyes are more focused on our characters rather than the HUD, but still.

Also I like larger stocks. They look so very lovely with Dolphin's texture loader. Tasty high res stuff. I would suggest making stocks for both Wii and Dolphin, but I imagine the latter won't be necessary once the big update rolls around thanks to myself and a certain someone calling themselves Layell. (or maybe the team will take care of all of that too?)

Free advice: being a Dolphin user I do not bother myself with replacing any of the images in the game's files. The reason being that doing so means you have to dump that specific texture for its name which will be miles different from the vanilla ones. It's simpler to just leave everything menu-related as is. Even changing the compression from CI8 to CMPR will alter how Dolphin catalogs it, and organizing a library is something you only want to do once. (none of this matters if you do tourney stuff on Wii)

In sum: I have my quarrels with those stocks but can appreciate the direction you're taking with them. *solemn nod*

Top Bottom