• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

That One Guy2486

Smash Apprentice
Page 100. Welcome to Mega-Thread status, guys! You win absolutely nothing! (You know, other than our approval for the project)

That One Guy2486

Smash Apprentice

L is real 2015.
L is real was a message seen in Super Mario 64, theorized to prove Luigi's existence in the game somewhere. However, after extensive research, it was discovered that Luigi was in fact, not in Super Mario 64. So my point is...Taiko, are you saying Smash 3 is coming this year or not?

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
This would probably be asking alot from you guys, but once the update rolls out, can you release all of your character renders on transparent backgrounds?

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
L is real was a message seen in Super Mario 64, theorized to prove Luigi's existence in the game somewhere. However, after extensive research, it was discovered that Luigi was in fact, not in Super Mario 64. So my point is...Taiko, are you saying Smash 3 is coming this year or not?
In 64, the 2401 foreshadowed Luigi's eventual appearance in Paper Mario, on the 4th of February 2001 to be precise...
...this can mean one of 2 things...​

Luigi will debut in his retextured glory on the 0th day of Febuary in an eventual inverted leap-year
or
I'm just speaking out of my äss and he'll get here whenever. The latter tends to be more accurate.

Last edited:

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
Taiko, we've seen plenty of Luigi, but none of his recolors. Are you hiding anything from us?

tehplanefreak

Smash Rookie
Thank you guys so much for talking about your render process - now that I realize that you use Cycles Render, I have another question: is speed an issue to you when you make hi-res renders?

Taiko

Smash Ace
Pink Luigi is best Luigi though.

How could you disagree?
I'm personally a fan of blue Luigi...

Thank you guys so much for talking about your render process - now that I realize that you use Cycles Render, I have another question: is speed an issue to you when you make hi-res renders?
Typically one render takes about 20-40 mins for us, though it depends on your computer as well. We just found Blender to be much faster compared to 3DS Max (Roy's render took 2 hours. For one costume. True pain.)

tehplanefreak

Smash Rookie
I'm personally a fan of blue Luigi...

Typically one render takes about 20-40 mins for us, though it depends on your computer as well. We just found Blender to be much faster compared to 3DS Max (Roy's render took 2 hours. For one costume. True pain.)
Oh, dang, 20-40 minutes. Is it because you have a high samples level (1000? 2000?)? Or other reasons?

Last edited:

That One Guy2486

Smash Apprentice
Well then let's shift it into something that makes sense. I have a little treat for you all:

I'm somewhat sorry, old Scottish men must find a reason to complain about everything, but why so (Edit) mini footage of adult Link? The rest of them got beat up by a 12 year old, I would've liked to see some Link V Lil' Link action.

Seriously though, this is awesome.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
LITTERALLY I AM WAYYY TOOOO EXCITED!!!! I LOVE THIS MOD SO MUCH! IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL!

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
It is from the Japanese Fire Emblem IF Direct when they talk about Amiibo support.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
Meowser is way too excited!

PSD: RatchetMario made it, i just looped it into a gif, and put it in my forum :3

Last edited:

tadget

Smash Rookie
(Before anyone yells at me to read the title, I'm using an older build of the Smash 3 pack for P:M 3.0, not 3.5)
Whenever a character goes off stage and the offstage sort of pop-up camera shows up, it only displays static. I believed this to be a formatting issue of one of the textures in the HUD since I did edit it for personal use, but I couldn't find anything that looked out of place.

Could anyone tell me what the texture name is for the off stage camera and under which file I can find it?

Taiko

Smash Ace

(Before anyone yells at me to read the title, I'm using an older build of the Smash 3 pack for P:M 3.0, not 3.5)
Whenever a character goes off stage and the offstage sort of pop-up camera shows up, it only displays static. I believed this to be a formatting issue of one of the textures in the HUD since I did edit it for personal use, but I couldn't find anything that looked out of place.

Could anyone tell me what the texture name is for the off stage camera and under which file I can find it?
I'm not sure which texture the off-stage camera uses, for now I'd recommend reverting the off stage camera texture (or any of the texture formats that you changed), it seems like the easiest way to fix it.

Top Bottom