• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yavanna

Smash Cadet
Just to be sure: you won't work on the new costumes made in Project M right? If so, could there be an option not to replace them in Smash 3?

You've just said that Roy and Ike will be changed. Will you make Ike as he appears in Smash 4, like you did with Marth? Same question about Samus.

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
Just to be sure: you won't work on the new costumes made in Project M right? If so, could there be an option not to replace them in Smash 3?

You've just said that Roy and Ike will be changed. Will you make Ike as he appears in Smash 4, like you did with Marth? Same question about Samus.
They are making recolors to replace the alts in project m. As for Samus,just download this https://www.dropbox.com/sh/17gnutkzgxgcyh7/AACKBI5ft_7OSl3z8u6x8HfSa?dl=0

Last edited:

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice

We stated we wouldn't be doing most alts before 3.5 so we definitely won't be doing more of them. As to model changes: some characters will receive updates to their models.

Jay_Blu14

Smash Cadet
Really, on my end it works ok. (With the exception of the occasional server error.) Maybe it's because I'm using a Mac.

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Render time! Did one of the Ray MKIII assist trophy. This time I completely redid the textures myself.

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman

EDIT: Actually, its still a bit glitchy.
Actually, there is some kind of a ***hole named Takedownmods is responsible for taking down Brawl Vault! They even took down Brawl custom music! https://www.facebook.com/HackingSmashEthics One of the Brawl custom music members responded and they're obviously not amused.

This is how they responded to Takedownmods.

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
I saw that, too. They were leaving comments on the KCMM Facebook page about how they took it down, as well. Assuming they're not just some troll claiming credit for it, I hope something can be done about it.
They also claimed to have taken down Smashboards at one point, but it was still working fine for me, so idk.

Edit: It's shocking how many likes they have, though. :|

Last edited:

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
I saw that, too. They were leaving comments on the KCMM Facebook page about how they took it down, as well. Assuming they're not just some troll claiming credit for it, I hope something can be done about it.
They also claimed to have taken down Smashboards at one point, but it was still working fine for me, so idk.

That's really unusual for the first time they made their account.... Also, isn't it illegal to hack through websites and taking it down?

Miacis

Smash Rookie
It is of course vastly illegal to DDoS websites, or contracting people to do so. Though these kinds of attacks more or less always originate from ideological disagreements. At some point, any community can become large big enough to have people hate you so much they start spending money on taking you down.

This person (and the person who contracted their help) obviously have a beef with the Smash modding/competitive scene. I doubt sending hatemail to the guy (or encouraging people to do so) is going to help in any way. If anything, it'll confort them in their ideas that we deserve to be shut down.

I obviously can't stop people from having that sort of knee-jerk reaction, but personally I think ignoring this guy and showing him we're more mature than that is a better stance to adopt. Just gonna shore up our defenses, find ways to keep the community going even after the websites are down, and bunker up for the attacks.

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Well that's unfortunate. Hopefully you guys can get this whole mess sorted out soon.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Agreed. This guy is using publicity as a excuse to fuel his motivations in continuing to perform these acts.

I suggest to ignore as well. Don't "fuel" the fire, I learned just recently that insulting others doesn't resolve anything. We must take things maturely.

Last edited:

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. This guy is using publicity as a excuse to fuel his motivations in continuing to perform these acts.

I suggest to ignore as well. Don't "fuel" the fire, I learned just recently that insulting others doesn't resolve anything. We must take things maturely.
Agreed, let's just pretend this didn't just happened, ever.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Actually, there is some kind of a ***hole named Takedownmods is responsible for taking down Brawl Vault! They even took down Brawl custom music! https://www.facebook.com/HackingSmashEthics One of the Brawl custom music members responded and they're obviously not amused.

This is how they responded to Takedownmods.

It is of course vastly illegal to DDoS websites, or contracting people to do so. Though these kinds of attacks more or less always originate from ideological disagreements. At some point, any community can become large big enough to have people hate you so much they start spending money on taking you down.

This person (and the person who contracted their help) obviously have a beef with the Smash modding/competitive scene. I doubt sending hatemail to the guy (or encouraging people to do so) is going to help in any way. If anything, it'll confort them in their ideas that we deserve to be shut down.

I obviously can't stop people from having that sort of knee-jerk reaction, but personally I think ignoring this guy and showing him we're more mature than that is a better stance to adopt. Just gonna shore up our defenses, find ways to keep the community going even after the websites are down, and bunker up for the attacks.

Just a few days ago President Iwata stated that Nintendo will begin to acknowledge the fan material made using their IPs, accepting them as tributes to their franchises. While this individual may feel justified in his/her actions, "Takedownmods" is being malicious in censoring a right that even Nintendo encourages. I hope this individual will realize this.
I agree that some of the content on Brawl Vault is disgusting - such as the many mods of naked Zero Suit Samus - and I personally feel that packs such as Project M: Patt Edition are a bit much for me, but that's a matter of personal preference. I think everyone is entitled to produce their own content.
I don't necessarily think doing absolutely nothing is the best action. While I do agree that we should be mature and not result to being aggressive towards him/her - for that is simply fuel for the fire - I think Brawl Vault has to be fully restored, and it should be made clear that this won't happen again.

Wing Zero

Smash Apprentice
if this guy is so obligated to take down mods then he might as well complain to valve about tf2, counter-strike and dota 2

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
think doing absolutely nothing is the best action. While I do agree that we should be mature and not result to being aggressive towards him/her - for that is simply fuel for the fire - I think Brawl Vault has to be fully restored, and it should be made clear that this won't happen again.
No website is fully safe from any form of attacks, be it personal or bussiness all have their flaws, and by time the flaws grows, it is not avoidable. What I find the best course of action is to be polite. We know about the "who, what and when" but we do not know the important question... "why?" And thats the part that the staff needs to take care of. The least publicity the better.

Now. I am going to ask a favor, a favor I never imagined to ask in this thread:
"Lets go back on topic"

As a modder I appreciate the support to the modding community and their devoted admins. But this is not the thread to speak of it. Even if this is going to contradict what I just said, make a separate thread about it, and share the link here... that will drive the issue away from this thread, and no worries will be made about spamming while speaking of the subject.

I learned alot since last time, we must deviate from mockery and insults. Afterall, even the most arrogant can listen.

Last edited:

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
No website is fully safe from any form of attacks, be it personal or bussiness all have their flaws, and by time the flaws grows, it is not avoidable. What I find the best course of action is to be polite. We know about the "who, what and when" but we do not know the important question... "why?" And thats the part that the staff needs to take care of. The least publicity the better.

"Lets go back on topic"

As a modder I appreciate the support to the modding community and their devoted admins. But this is not the thread to speak of it. Even if this is going to contradict what I just said, make a separate thread about it, and share the link here... that will drive the issue away from this thread, and no worries will be made about spamming while speaking of the subject.

I learned alot since last time, we must deviate from mockery and insults. Afterall, even the most arrogant can listen.
...... What have I done...... Since I brought the topic, we all knew that man attacked Smash related mods and competitive website, but instead, After we declared to end the topic, we ended bringing up the topic again. We obviously can't do anything to stop him, but it's not like the end of the world. This is all my fault for bringing such a nasty, horrible, ugly topic like this.... :(
I regret everything, I regret everything I've ever done posting!

Now would you excuse me, I'll have to go to the FB page to go see the hate flow. :glare:

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
...... What have I done...... Since I brought the topic, we all knew that man attacked Smash related mods and competitive website, but instead, After we declared to end the topic, we ended bringing up the topic again. We obviously can't do anything to stop him, but it's not like the end of the world. This is all my fault for bringing such a nasty, horrible, ugly topic like this.... :(
I regret everything, I regret everything I've ever done posting!

Now would you excuse me, I'll have to go to the FB page to go see the hate flow. :glare:
Don't feel bad, someone else (probably me ) would had posted that page anyhow. :p

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace

"Lets go back on topic"

Made a seperate thread: (Under Project M General Discussion)
http://smashboards.com/threads/takedownmods-hate-thread.379995/
Please divert any rage toward this "thing" to the link above.

That thread is mean't for people who are mad at him to vent their rage there and not at other threads focused on modding or character discussions.

I realize that thread is not right: Yes this is serious and
DDoS-ing is illegal but that thread I made is not how we should handle it. I originally meant for this thread as a place where people could vent and not have in other threads, but that was a grave mistake and a hindsight on my part. Thank you @Narpas_sword , that thread shall not be a hate thread but a reactions thread. Please do not transform that back into a hate thread or that'll be closed forever.

Now back to what this thread was meant to be.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Dude i be hyped for Marth. My god, i can't wait for the update. I am almost as excited as i was for 3.5.

Taiko

Smash Ace
At this point you guys could just post a picture of any unreleased character and you'd be right.

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
Probably Snake with his duck camo. Speaking of which with Brawl Vault out of action, how will smash 3 be distributed in case such an event happens again?
They can just post a dropbox link or something,brawl vault isn't the only place to download mods after all.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Ike
Jigglypuff
Link
Luigi
Mario
Marth
Meta Knight
Olimar
Peach
Pikachu
Roy
Toon Link

As said from Tailsmiles249

I also believe lucario will recieve an update, but that's a recolor update.

Last edited:

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Correct, if we say that a character is receiving an update, it means they'll have reworked textures/model changes. Lucario in this case doesn't need anything new other than recolors to fill in the extra gaps.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Ike
Jigglypuff
Link
Luigi
Mario
Marth
Meta Knight
Olimar
Peach
Pikachu
Roy
Toon Link

As said from Tailsmiles249

I also believe lucario will recieve an update, but that's a recolor update.
Right. Thanks. Now that I think about, I was the one who asked about Lucario in the first place.:facepalm: Memory has not be serving me well as of late.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Lol we all have those days. I thought once pokemon was created by HAL laboratory, the original development team for smash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom