• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NFMLH2

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if you guys will do it but something really cool would be if you added the Smash 3 textures on a Fierce Deity Link.. That will be the coolest.. Just stating a suggestion.

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
I have 1 question.
-Since characters like Sonic and Pit have new voice clips, will you do more SFX changes?? Like DK, Link etc.

Girth94

Smash Cadet
Just thought I'd let you guys know I check this thread at least 3 times a day to see if there's an update. I figured it was time to drop in and say that I love Smash 3 and that everyone working on it is an A+ modder in my book. Thanks for everything over the last year, guys.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
This very well may have been asked before, but would it be possible to make a HUD/Pack that keeps the PM alts? If I could mod on my own, I'd keep some alts but not others, but I can't do that right now. All I know is I don't like the colors that replace the ROB, Lucas, and Bowser alts. Like, how many people seriously would prefer the dark Bowser over Dry Bowser? Maybe over Brown Bowser, yeah, but--

In general, I have huge gripes with Smash 3 Bowser. Not that the skins don't look well-made, it's just that the colors on his non-normal costumes (except black, which looks good)... I honestly can't stand most of them. Something about them just looks very old-school-modding compared to the others. If anything, the ideal Smash 3 Bowser would be like:

Smash 3 Normal
Smash 3 Black
Melee/Brawl Red
Melee/Brawl Blue
Brawl/Smash 3 (idc) white
Smash 3/4 Green
Dry Bowser

If anyone has some free time on their hands, I feel like this would be a solid edit. I just think having a PM-alt-friendly version would be nice, especially since some of them are REALLY good and while the Smash 3 alts replacing them vary from good to "okay I guess", I don't feel like any of them stick out enough to warrant replacing the already-amazing alts.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
What's this??

Two sides of the same coin?!
Nope they are the same person, only that one exist in a different dimension.

I found a problem with Ness in Spear Pillarm, here his face looks a little messed up...
I hope you guys fix it :)
Other than Isle Delphino, Spear Spillar is a stage that makes me wonder why it specifically makes every modder so miserable.

Last edited:

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
I know people really don't modify classic mode but could you put up classic mode renders for Lucas,Wolf and the Ice Climbers. I know someone else requested lucas and wolf renders before this but it doesn't fit classic mode.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
KTH recently released a mind-blowing Mewtwo model that's much more faithful to the way Mewtwo appears in pretty much everything other than Melee. I bet it would look awesome Smash 3-ified.

Taiko

Smash Ace
That awkward moment when you're preparing a surprise update, then you watch the Nintendo Direct and see the exact character looking exactly like you were making him...
Anyway, the Mewtwo update no one saw coming! Within the same 24 hours as Mewtwo's Smash 4 reveal, which was a complete fluke.
Old Mewtwo is still available on the Vault if you still really want it for whatever reason.

This very well may have been asked before, but would it be possible to make a HUD/Pack that keeps the PM alts? If I could mod on my own, I'd keep some alts but not others, but I can't do that right now. All I know is I don't like the colors that replace the ROB, Lucas, and Bowser alts. Like, how many people seriously would prefer the dark Bowser over Dry Bowser? Maybe over Brown Bowser, yeah, but--

In general, I have huge gripes with Smash 3 Bowser. Not that the skins don't look well-made, it's just that the colors on his non-normal costumes (except black, which looks good)... I honestly can't stand most of them. Something about them just looks very old-school-modding compared to the others. If anything, the ideal Smash 3 Bowser would be like:

Smash 3 Normal
Smash 3 Black
Melee/Brawl Red
Melee/Brawl Blue
Brawl/Smash 3 (idc) white
Smash 3/4 Green
Dry Bowser

If anyone has some free time on their hands, I feel like this would be a solid edit. I just think having a PM-alt-friendly version would be nice, especially since some of them are REALLY good and while the Smash 3 alts replacing them vary from good to "okay I guess", I don't feel like any of them stick out enough to warrant replacing the already-amazing alts.
It all boils down to a matter of preference and personal taste. Morian has put together a nice set of vBrawl Bowsers that you can use. As for the alts, again, personal taste. I know a lot of people who prefer recolours over alts simply because they can be more interesting. The files should be easy enough to replace, so that's always an option as well.

I know people really don't modify classic mode but could you put up classic mode renders for Lucas,Wolf and the Ice Climbers. I know someone else requested lucas and wolf renders before this but it doesn't fit classic mode.
We'll get on that.

KTH recently released a mind-blowing Mewtwo model that's much more faithful to the way Mewtwo appears in pretty much everything other than Melee. I bet it would look awesome Smash 3-ified.
Funny you mention that, because the model was made for Smash 3 originally. Then a vBrawl version was made, and I figured he could release it because we'd be releasing really soon.

Well uh... MooToo hype.
Hype activate!

Last edited:

kazan

Smash Apprentice
I honestly can't wait to see the updated Mario, Link, and Marth! ^___^
(I've honestly been refreshing this thread like every 30 minutes at school lol)
And I'm really excited to see Pokemon Trainer, Samus, ZSS, and Ike! ;u;

Amazing work on your Mewtwo btw. It looks just like the DLC ;D

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Man, Mewtwo blew my mind in so many ways:

*Working on Mewtwo renders thinking how amazing the hype will be*

*Better take a break and watch the direct*

*Watches Direct*

*Loses self as I melt into the Earth at Mewtwo and realizing how it looks EXACTLY like this one*

Honestly, I couldn't sleep after that, I think I fell asleep at 4-5am because of it, it was just, pure, glorious!

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What's better than one Mewtwo?

A Super Awesome Double Mewtwo reveal!

This was a seriously amazing coincidence.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Mewtwo's Hips Don't Lie is the only thing i can say about new Mewtwo other than that he is awesome! Can't wait for Charizard and Prime Primate King Donkey Kong. I hope former one will have something purple that isn't old shiny Charizard.

Last edited:

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
That awkward moment when you're preparing a surprise update, then you watch the Nintendo Direct and see the exact character looking exactly like you were making him...
Anyway, the Mewtwo update no one saw coming! Within the same 24 hours as Mewtwo's Smash 4 reveal, which was a complete fluke.
Old Mewtwo is still available on the Vault if you still really want it for whatever reason.

It all boils down to a matter of preference and personal taste. Morian has put together a nice set of vBrawl Bowsers that you can use. As for the alts, again, personal taste. I know a lot of people who prefer recolours over alts simply because they can be more interesting. The files should be easy enough to replace, so that's always an option as well.

We'll get on that.

Funny you mention that, because the model was made for Smash 3 originally. Then a vBrawl version was made, and I figured he could release it because we'd be releasing really soon.

Hype activate!
There's the Taiko I know and love.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
That Mewtwo is glorious. Any chance I could get transparent renders of both normal and armored? Got to update that card I made :p

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Smash 3 team, if i may ask, Are we going to have to choose from the vBrawl/Smash 4 Sonics in order to replace Jet Set Sonic?

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
With all the Mewtwo hype going around I feel like a certain.... something... is going to be overshadowed.

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
That Mewtwo is glorious. Any chance I could get transparent renders of both normal and armored? Got to update that card I made :p

Smash 3 team, if i may ask, Are we going to have to choose from the vBrawl/Smash 4 Sonics
Sadly yes, we weren't prepared for an alt like that.

With all the Mewtwo hype going around I feel like a certain.... something... is going to be overshadowed.
Smash 3 Shadow confirmed?

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Have you guys considered rerigging Mewtwo? The model is great, but the way his legs and feet work are kinda off-putting.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Have you guys considered rerigging Mewtwo? The model is great, but the way his legs and feet work are kinda off-putting.
This is actually a higly modified version of Project M's Mewtwo and it is rigged exactly the same as Project M's Mewtwo. The difference in body-structure and such is why these things seem more prevalent.

We’re not sure what can be done to keep everything wifi safe, but we’ll look into the possibilities. If it is that much of a distraction to you, you can find the previous version on the Vault.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the renders!

Updated the Mewtwo card I made, and also updated the template. There's a card for armored Mewtwo as well now (in two different variants).

https://imgur.com/a/qQWoT

I plan to eventually make cards for more characters, but am currently holding off on them. Mostly just waiting for more official cards to come out so I have more sources to splice text from. When I do so, I plan to add them to that album, which should also be linked in my signature.

Edit: I forgot to add the link to this post. In case my signature isn't working (which it doesn't seem to be for me).

Edit 2: I probably should have tested the PSD before I uploaded it. Looks like the PSD isn't working the way I intended. The XCF is fine, though. Looking into it.

Edit 3: Turns out XCF layer groups and PSD layer groups are incompatible, and for whatever reason can't save properly when converting. Manually put the layer groups back together in the PSD, so now it should be good to go!

Last edited:
Top Bottom