• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Probably this is too late to ask but...why Lucas doesn't had a special shirt like Ness? I mean, sure I can do one but my OCD suffers cuz I can't make CSPs without a base :sadeyes:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I going to re-state this but, are you going to make new renders to replace the old ones that look real dated, such as Mario, Link, Pikachu and Olimar? Or will they stay as really flat looking renders?

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
I going to re-state this but, are you going to make new renders to replace the old ones that look real dated, such as Mario, Link, Pikachu and Olimar? Or will they stay as really flat looking renders?
They are like 8 updates for old characters and I remember they are planing Purple Mario, updates for Marth, Ike, Roy, Meta Knight, Toon Link etc.

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
They are like 8 updates for old characters and I remember they are planing Purple Mario, updates for Marth, Ike, Roy, Meta Knight, Toon Link etc.
If they do, I hope they include remakes of the 3 things I put up(Which would include waluigi and luigi)

Sonicmaster56

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2380-2700-2922
Nice mod! Just from looking at the pictures, you guys look like a hard working team. I look forward to playing this on my wii!

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
Not only do we not mind, you can go post it too! Just give a general credit to "Smash 3 Team". That's all we ask, but other than that go wild. Make your own colors and release them.
Can I get some advanced tips on making a really great texture hacks? Because my texture skills are terrible.

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Another update today. Unfortunately, Fox won't make it back for Smash 3.
Kidding! He lives on in Wolf as a palette swap. It'll be added in 3.5 in the P:M green slot, but for now you can download it and use it in any other slot!

And this extra little wallpaper because the coincidence was too great:

smash 3 art style tutorial when?
I've started it, I'll finish it after the next release. Which is a secret. To everybody.
Every old character will be re-rendered. Morian knows.
Nice mod! Just from looking at the pictures, you guys look like a hard working team. I look forward to playing this on my wii!
Thank you! This means a lot.
Just out of curiosity, if a new character gets added in P:M 3.5, will you guys make do Smash 3 for said character?
Depends, if we like said character, then there is a possibility. If not, then probably not. I imagine the community will be able to put something together when I get that Smash 3 style guide done.
Can I get some advanced tips on making a really great texture hacks? Because my texture skills are terrible.
Hopefully the Smash 3 style guide helps you out when it's released!

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Another update today. Unfortunately, Fox won't make it back for Smash 3.
Kidding! He lives on in Wolf as a palette swap. It'll be added in 3.5 in the P:M green slot, but for now you can download it and use it in any other slot!

And this extra little wallpaper because the coincidence was too great:

I've started it, I'll finish it after the next release. Which is a secret. To everybody.

Every old character will be re-rendered. Morian knows.

Thank you! This means a lot.

Depends, if we like said character, then there is a possibility. If not, then probably not. I imagine the community will be able to put something together when I get that Smash 3 style guide done.

Hopefully the Smash 3 style guide helps you out when it's released!
No OH MY GOD I'm crying right now thank you man he looks Wonderful my triforce of mains are complete :popo::lucas::wolf: Oh its such a wonderful day :')

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
WOOOOLF *HOWL* WOOOOOLF *HOWL*

Finally! My favorite spacie with 10 beatiful costumes. I was waiting this moment for too long. Default, White and Orange the bests.

Guys, I'm gonna leave my current life for 2 years this tuesday...it's a shame dat I don't gonna see Smash 3 Hero Ike before leaving, dat's why I was making 1 texture per day, sorry if I was spamming the thread. So, this is perhaps my last Ike texture:

At least, when I'll come back the Smash 3 Project is complete (and Project M too...perhaps)

PS: we all know this is the best Robin recolor.

Antonio Garcia

Smash Cadet
WOOOOLF *HOWL* WOOOOOLF *HOWL*

Finally! My favorite spacie with 10 beatiful costumes. I was waiting this moment for too long. Default, White and Orange the bests.

Guys, I'm gonna leave my current life for 2 years this tuesday...it's a shame dat I don't gonna see Smash 3 Hero Ike before leaving, dat's why I was making 1 texture per day, sorry if I was spamming the thread. So, this is perhaps my last Ike texture:

At least, when I'll come back the Smash 3 Project is complete (and Project M too...perhaps)

PS: we all know this is the best Robin recolor.
Wow that ike looks amazing!

Halcreix

Smash Cadet
HYES!!! Wolf released! and with enough recolors to replace all those horrible "retro" Wolf recolors they'll add in PM 3.5 xD

(Seriously, I hate that Wolf!)

BTW: That Ganondorf/Wolf WP is great! could you make another one with all the bad guys together? (Ganondorf, Wolf, Bowser and Mewtwo). That'd be cool! :D

Last edited:

Halcreix

Smash Cadet
Guys, bad news: Seems that Wolf gets a little glitchy in Delfino Plaza (again that stage...), his rim sometimes becomes dark in the edges and "blinks", it's more noticeable when you pause the game, zoom in and rotate the camera.

Not as annoying as Fox's/Sonic's glitches, by far, but maybe you'd like to check it out by yorselves.

Last edited:

Cerulean

Smash Cadet
Smash 3 is amazing, really, good job on everything. However I cannot help but wonder why the Zelda characters (minus Ganon) look out of place among the other Smash 3 textures, they seem to have a lower quality than most of the new projects. I don't know, I might just be imagining things :x They're still awesome like everything else in this thread ofcourse, but yeah...

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Thank you! I'm more of a Rim Lightning person. I understand that of some of the hacks, Rim lighting won't work, but I'm to Rim any hacks.
You have alot of potencial. I saw your two rimlit models and I saw these look glitch-less. A tip of mine would be that you have to be carefull of how intense the rimlight is. There were many arguments that mentioned how these intense rimlight ruins a potential model and made them look inconsistent. Thats why smash 3 changed their edge textures long ago from the old smash 3.

Speaking of custom models:

If I may recommend everyone thats learning rimlight or is looking for something to rimlight, there are a couple of fanmade smash 3 textured models that do not have rimlight:

Brawl Vault's smash 3 search results

The models I'm mentioning begin around page 2.
It would be awesome if these get rimlit and with a smash 3 edge, thats what's keeping them to be the full package. Its a really nice practice.

Last edited:

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
You have alot of potencial. I saw your two rimlit models and I saw these look glitch-less. A tip of mine would be that you have to be carefull of how intense the rimlight is. There were many arguments that mentioned how these intense rimlight ruins a potential model and made them look inconsistent. Thats why smash 3 changed their edge textures long ago from the old smash 3.

If I may recommend everyone thats learning rimlight or is looking for something to rimlight, there are a couple of fanmade smash 3 textured models that do not have rimlight:

It would be awesome if these get rimlit and with a smash 3 edge, thats what's keeping them to be the full package. Its a really nice practice.
I see. The Edge texture I made is 50% darker than the one M2000 uses, but I see your point. Last time I tried putting Edge texture from Fit(Any character name)Dark.pac, It made my Rim Melee Luigi too bright.

I remember a argument when the Nostalgia hacks are being made, and the characters looks too bright.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I see. The Edge texture I made is 50% dark, but I see your point. Last time I tried putting Edge texture from Fit(Any character name)Dark.pac, It made my Rim Melee Luigi too bright.
You should save that texture, as it works for special models.

Also, that is odd. Making an edge texture darker makes it more subtle, not more intense...

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman

Also, that is odd. Making an edge texture darker makes it more subtle, not more intense...
It's about this dark.

I could compare between the Orignial edge texture and this texture.

Last edited:

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman

Alright, here's a difference between the original Edge and my Edge textures. The Original edge texture is applied to Red Melee Luigi and my Rim Texture is applied to Melee Luigi (Original)

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=206600

Done.

Funny, I was thinking of bring rim to that bunch of Luigis :awesome:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
It's about this dark.

I could compare between the Orignial edge texture and this texture.
Nope, thats intense, not dark. A dark rimlight is the other way around, the closer the white ring is to black, the more subtle it is.
Another issue would be that the black hole is not centered. The edge doesn't follow the camera correctly. You can notice this glitch on Luigi shoes.

Last edited:

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
Nope, thats intense, not dark. A dark rimlight is the other way around, the closer the white ring is to black, the more subtle it is.
Another issue would be that the black hole is not centered. The edge doesn't follow the camera correctly. You can notice this glitch on Luigi shoes.
Hmm.... maybe It's have to do how I darken up my textures. Even though I darken the edge texture, it's still intense. I'm using Photoshop CS2 BTW.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Hmm.... maybe It's have to do how I darken up my textures. Even though I darken the edge texture, it's still intense. I'm using Photoshop CS2 BTW.
It seems you have a common glitch then. I think you forgot to reduce a multipyby4 somewhere. Or the texture isn't imported as CMPR.

Also, I have an edge PSD on my tutorial, its easier to edit. And I have examples of edge intensities as well. You can post your questions there if you need them awnsered.

Last edited:

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
It seems you have a common glitch then. I think you forgot to reduce a multipyby4 somewhere. Or the texture isn't imported as CMPR.

Also, I have an edge PSD on my tutorial, its easier to edit. And I have examples of edge intensities as well. You can post your questions there if you need them awnsered.
I did everything that was correct on the tutorial. What I meant to say, is that I forgot to lower the contrast into the same level as my brightness level..

EDIT: Nvm, it made the "Dark circle" kinda smaller.

Last edited:
Top Bottom