• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Azide

Smash Rookie
Sorry about that, I had a feeling we'd miss something from the sheer amount of versions. Fixed the issue, thanks for notifying us!
No problem! You guys are doing an amazing job with this project, and I've been following it since it first came out (albeit as a lurker, haha). The Smash 3 textures are gorgeous, and the production value of the team really shows through the polish of it all. Keep up the good work. :b:

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Wow!! Just 10 more characters to complete the roster!!! I´m so hype to see how it ends!!! (12 if we include Ivysaur, Charizard and Squirtle)

Obskore

Smash Ace
is anyone else experiencing game freezes when doing an upthrow with Smash 3 Pit?
i tested on 2 stages, FD against Smash 3 C. Falcon (FD had a texture mod) and the vPM 3.02 Norfair against Smash 3 Lucas in training mode, but it froze both times, i was Green Pit
also, i'm using the gradient numbers PM timer Smash 3 HUD, if it could mean something, thanks in advance
[edit:] FThrow seems to also cause a freeze, no issues with any of the shield moves (IT LOOKS GREAT)

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Pit has been updated, his eyes now move. Some AA issues on the wings (slight whites on the recolour's wings) have been fixed as well, sorry about an update so soon!

is anyone else experiencing game freezes when doing an upthrow with Smash 3 Pit?
i tested on 2 stages, FD against Smash 3 C. Falcon (FD had a texture mod) and the vPM 3.02 Norfair against Smash 3 Lucas in training mode, but it froze both times, i was Green Pit
also, i'm using the gradient numbers PM timer Smash 3 HUD, if it could mean something, thanks in advance
[edit:] FThrow seems to also cause a freeze, no issues with any of the shield moves (IT LOOKS GREAT)
Couldn't seem to replicate this issue. Does it happen with the other Pits? If not, then the fix today might fix this as well.

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait for ya'll to finish yoshi. I've been working on making a Smash 3 version of this (And I'm totally not doing 1 shader a day for the rimlighting because holy ****) because I use it in conjunction with my other yoshis(IE If I have a vibrancy yoshi, I'll use the vibrancy texture for the Yoshi Mario)

Breadfrenzy

Smash Rookie
Just started making another Bowser Skin. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Changed the Shell from blue to purple. Got rid of the blue tint on the skin. I also tweaked the CSPa bit to get rid of any leftover specs from the original one.

Last edited:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
I see a lot little bits of the original portrait everywhere, especially on the legs. I don't see very many dark blue/purple Bowsers and I don't think we have one up yet. I think a mix of purple/midnight blue/grey/black/white would be pretty neat, kinda similar to this, but not as extreme or devoid of warm colors.

Last edited:

Breadfrenzy

Smash Rookie
I see a lot little bits of the original portrait everywhere, especially on the legs. I don't see very many dark blue/purple Bowsers and I don't think we have one up yet. I think a mix of purple/midnight blue/grey/black/white would be pretty neat, kinda similar to this, but not as extreme or devoid of warm colors.
Yeah, I noticed a lot of the problems with the CSP too, but once it's in game you can't see any problems. I'm definitely still tweaking the colors and will keep that i mind.

Breadfrenzy

Smash Rookie
I tweaked the skin a bit. The new version is in my post with the csp

Taiko

Smash Ace
Yoshi is done, have fun guys! We did all 10 P:M colours as well, so the entire Yoshi family can fight it out.

I can't wait for ya'll to finish yoshi. I've been working on making a Smash 3 version of this (And I'm totally not doing 1 shader a day for the rimlighting because holy ****) because I use it in conjunction with my other yoshis(IE If I have a vibrancy yoshi, I'll use the vibrancy texture for the Yoshi Mario)
Are you psychic?

EDIT: Changed the Shell from blue to purple. Got rid of the blue tint on the skin. I also tweaked the CSPa bit to get rid of any leftover specs from the original one.
I like this, it looks pretty unique!

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Yoshi is done, have fun guys! We did all 10 P:M colours as well, so the entire Yoshi family can fight it out.

Are you psychic?

This is too precious. You guys released my favorite character in Smash Bros. on my birthday. I know it's coincidental, but thank you. :) It means a lot.

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice

Are you psychic?

...Crap! I've been found! I must create a new account and be completely different before everyone sees this!

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Guise liek ma pr0 render?

edit: Also, I can just copy-pasta the shaders from yoshi to mounted yoshi!

Last edited:

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Yes! Yoshi finally!

Guys, can someone help me, pls? I am working in a special texture, my best work. So can anyone do an Smash 3 texture of the battle damaged Ragnell?

And this is what I am working about:

Hype anyone?

PS: I think I need help with the CSP's, but that can wait.

Last edited:

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Oh man, Yoshi looks amazing! (and I just updated my Smash 3 files yesterday...)

I can't wait for Samus though, I really hope she's rocking the SSB4-esque Light Suit and Dark Suit.

I'd love to see either:

- Rainbow Bowser from the original Super Mario 64
- Morton Koopa Jr. colored Bowser (no star mark though)

Last edited:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I just realized that you didn't say "PUT YO GUNS ON!!!".
Oh we did. Trust me, we did.

Oh man, Yoshi looks amazing! (and I just updated my Smash 3 files yesterday...)
Well, you know. We're trying to get everything out ASAP. But even I was shocked at how quick Yoshi got put out.
I can't wait for Samus though, I really hope she's rocking the SSB4-esque Light Suit and Dark Suit.
Even I was surprised that Yoshi was out.

Last edited:

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi! This is one I've been anticipating for a while now. Ever since Yoshi was revealed in Smash 4, Brawl's dark Yoshi textures have just seemed odd to me. But now Yoshi can be bright and colorful once again!

You could use iwantgames Smash 4 Samus while you are waiting. It just so happens to be made by most of the people on the Smash 3 team >.>
What a coincidence?
I've been using this for a while now, and I can't help but wonder how the Smash 3 Samus is gonna look. It might be a bit difficult to beat the sleek Smash 4 design in my opinion.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
What a coincidence?
It's just I found it interesting that the group doing Smash 3, who's designs were being somewhat influenced by Smash 4, of course were also the ones who made the S4 Samus. It also makes me wonder what exactly you have planned for S3 Samus.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Now i will follow this project. I recently downloaded the whole folder and, if Project M is used, it makes Brawl look like a separate official game. Your work, Smash 3 developers (creators? authors?), is simply amazing.

By the way, when Charizard will be made, will he have Ridley texture? No? THIS PROJECT IS RUINED FOREVER!

Last edited:

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Nailed it!

but seriously, what do? I copy pasted Smash3 yoshi's 6 shader's onto the 9 in the mounted file.

Last edited:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
I can't help but wonder how the Smash 3 Samus is gonna look. It might be a bit difficult to beat the sleek Smash 4 design in my opinion.
Don't worry guys, we've got it covered.
Nailed it!
but seriously, what do? I copy pasted Smash3 yoshi's 6 shader's onto the 9 in the mounted file.
It seems like something went wrong with the rim lighting materials/shaders when you imported them from Smash 3 Yoshi. Have you tried porting the mounted Mario and all of his files onto our Smash 3 Yoshi?

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
YEE, YEEoshi YEEs in!
can i point out that the face of Yoshi in the CSS square is small? and it leaves a bit of empty space around him
YEE

Taiko

Smash Ace
It's just I found it interesting that the group doing Smash 3, who's designs were being somewhat influenced by Smash 4, of course were also the ones who made the S4 Samus. It also makes me wonder what exactly you have planned for S3 Samus.
We teased that we'd do the Other M suit before. The one on the Vault is pretty close to what ours will look like, but we've got some tweaks in mind.

Now i will follow this project. I recently downloaded the whole folder and, if Project M is used, it makes Brawl look like a separate official game. Your work, Smash 3 developers (creators? authors?), is simply amazing.

By the way, when Charizard will be made, will he have Ridley texture? No? THIS PROJECT IS RUINED FOREVER!
Charizard will be replaced with Ridley. And then Ridley will be replaced with Charizard.

Nailed it!

It might not use the same shaders? You might need to re-rim it from scratch.
YEE, YEEoshi YEEs in!
can i point out that the face of Yoshi in the CSS square is small? and it leaves a bit of empty space around him
YEE
Yeah, I know what you mean. Any bigger and either his mouth or eyes would have gotten cut off, which we didn't want to do.

Quick Question: Will Mewtwo be getting an update, or is that too far in the future?
I don't think so, what would need updating?

Last edited:
Top Bottom