• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Wow, this project is coming along nicely. I like how you are basing your designs on Smash 4 while still giving your own spin on it. Now if only I could get my old laptop working so I can put these files into my SD card :(

Still waiting for Orange Sonic

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wow, I love how vibrant Ike looks. ROB looks great too.

I didn't actually mind the "Brawl Ike with RD costume" it turned out, personally.

ImpossiblyRood

Smash Apprentice
Pardon my previous attitude, I may seem on-edge sometimes, I just like keeping things organized... here, have a hug!
Why is ROB always so flipping cute? Even when he looks like he's coming to maul me, he's still so adorable. I want one. Not an actual ROB. Those were lame. Just the brawl incarnation.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@ ImpossiblyRood ImpossiblyRood
I think it is because of the textures of his eyes. They look... like how you'd describe the beady tear-filled eyes of a small rodent. His expression, even on the Brawl render, is similar.

Why did I even type this... lol.

-nug-

Smash Rookie
I can't seem to get this to work on dolphin. I'm not sure if I'm installing it wrong, but everything just looks like the old characters to me.

Y-L

Smash Champion
I can't seem to get this to work on dolphin. I'm not sure if I'm installing it wrong, but everything just looks like the old characters to me.
You're installing it wrong.

Make sure you update your sd card after you put the files into the projectm folder?

-nug-

Smash Rookie
You're installing it wrong.

Make sure you update your sd card after you put the files into the projectm folder?
But I don't use an SD card on dolphin. I run using the netplay settings, so there's no SD for Project M. I replaced the old "projectm" folder with the new one, but there was no change. So I tried changing the old "pf" folder with the new one, keeping whatever else was in the original "projectm" folder. Also nothing changed.

Y-L

Smash Champion
But I don't use an SD card on dolphin. I run using the netplay settings, so there's no SD for Project M. I replaced the old "projectm" folder with the new one, but there was no change. So I tried changing the old "pf" folder with the new one, keeping whatever else was in the original "projectm" folder. Also nothing changed.
You can't use these mods on Netplay or you'll desync. But if you really want to use this pack with those settings you have to put the files in the homebrew set then rebuild the iso using that projectm folder

-nug-

Smash Rookie
You can't use these mods on Netplay or you'll desync. But if you really want to use this pack with those settings you have to put the files in the homebrew set then rebuild the iso using that projectm folder
Ok, thanks. Didn't realize I would need to rebuild the iso. I'm going to try them on netplay anyways and keep the old iso just to test.

Juken

Smash Ace
Is the Falco really as colorful as in the preview in game? It seems a little too colorful for his face, but his clothes look cool..

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Could someone post or make new previews for Falco so that people interested could see what it's really like before downloading?
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Well get around it soon, with a huge revamp of some of smash 3 characters, Falco won't be the only one that would need new previews.

*inserts wink emoticon*

Last edited:

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Well get around it soon, with a huge revamp of some of smash 3 characters, Falco won't be the only one that would need new previews.

*inserts wink emoticon*
Edel, you tempt me so much as I wait for my stubby armed Fire Dragon. :006:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Its been a looong time since I teased Wario... when I decided to look for him so I can take a picture...

SHOW TIME!

He entered in the fray and threw Wario off stage.

Last edited:

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
havent checked in here in a while. have there been any updates?

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349
The thread title will update when there is.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Also, for those who perfers the vBrawl Bowser model, I still have them... the model change was because of the project's perspective change, so no worries.

Just decided to mention this so there would not be some sad faces.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
That Bowser model is so good. Looking really nice if I do say so myself, and this project has (imo) been a lot higher quality than other mods from the beginning. Keep it up, guys!

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Yes, we will be updating some already released characters with either new textures or a new model, such as Ganondorf, Toon Link, Sonic, Meta Knight, and more.

Taiko

Smash Ace
I can feel a huge update is about to happen.
I wish, but we've all just been super busy with other things...
At most, we'll release maybe 2 characters at once, but for the most part we plan on sticking with the release-upon-completion schedule.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Bowser looks great. I think his hair and eyebrows could be a bit more red though (if it's not because of the lighting.)

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I have to agree with FalKoopa. I love how he looks so far tho, and can't wait 'til all of the characters are done.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Yeah, good eyes guys.
He still lacks details, like hair texture.
He needs some shadows too (mentioned at KC-MM).
Glad you all accept the model change... I was afraid if it would be otherwise. Though, I am mixing S4 Bower with MK8 Bowser, so somethings may differ... but its for aesthetic reasons,

Last edited:
Top Bottom