• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Simpsons Movie

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
Other than dripping with sarcasm, the show never was really original. They did exactly what South Park was doing well before it with topical humor. Unfortunately, as the show went on, instead of relying on a cohesive storyline, they just used topical flashback references to fill 30 minutes. The show took a turn for the worst once they had their long break and Seth McFarlane began working on Robot Chicken (a 15-minute show of "topical flashbacks") and the quality really went down.

Apart from flat out stealing show concepts from The Simpsons, Family Guy has devolved into a show that is not intelligent, but **** near insulting (of one's intelligence).
I don't think Family Guy's that bad. True, the old episodes are much better, but enough of the new episodes are funny enough for me to forget about the truly terrible Simpsons episodes they're showing now.

As for copying, you could say that The Simpsons copied a lot of stuff from The Flintstones. None of these cartoons are terribly original, but at least they're pretty funny.

smashman90

Smash Lord
It was alright. My only complaint was that they didn't have any of the classic gags. The only one we had was the itchy and scratchy cartoon right at the beginning? I was hoping that Bart would at least make a crank call at Moe's.

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
It was alright. My only complaint was that they didn't have any of the classic gags. The only one we had was the itchy and scratchy cartoon right at the beginning? I was hoping that Bart would at least make a crank call at Moe's.
Yes, but that was the reason this movie was so funny. Instead of relying on old humor, they made entirely different jokes.

If they used the same jokes over and over (i.e. Shrek 3), it wouldn't have been as funny.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Other than dripping with sarcasm, the show never was really original. They did exactly what South Park was doing well before it with topical humor. Unfortunately, as the show went on, instead of relying on a cohesive storyline, they just used topical flashback references to fill 30 minutes. The show took a turn for the worst once they had their long break and Seth McFarlane began working on Robot Chicken (a 15-minute show of "topical flashbacks") and the quality really went down.

Apart from flat out stealing show concepts from The Simpsons, Family Guy has devolved into a show that is not intelligent, but **** near insulting (of one's intelligence).
Agreed, really.
I've always thought it interesting at how a show can go downhill so **** fast, as it did. I mean, how many series did it last? like, 3 or 4?
Ehh.

Anyways, with the movie, the hint at a sequal near the end.
Now, I'm worried on that...
What if the movies become as run-of-mill as the series is now?
*Shudders*

ZM2004

Smash Journeyman
They've already expressed their opinions stating that they don't feel up to doing another movie, but if they eventually do (which they probably will) I think they should give it a Halloween theme so Kang and Kodos can appear.

Top Bottom