• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Simpsons Mafia || GAME OVER! Who lived hap-diddly-aply every after?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I was fine with it since people were getting lazy. It made us have to work with a deadline otherwise we wouldn't have achieved anything. I also have been lazy too but I still tried to get back in.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Role Pms!

All role pms!

vanderzant said:
Hi Ori_bro, welcome to Simpsons Mafia! You are...

[collapse=Homer's Spirit Guide]You are Homer's Spirit Guide, the Independent Serial Killer.

"Should I meditate? Should I get rid of all my possessions?"
"Are you kidding? If anything you should get MORE possessions, you don't even have a computer!"
"You know, I have been meaning to take a spiritual journey, and-HEY KNOCK IT OFF!!"
"Sorry, I am a coyote."

Fun fact: Homer's spirit guide was voiced by Johnny Cash!

Night Kill: Each night you may pm me the name of one player you wish to kill.

Win Condition: You are independently aligned and win when you have an undeniable majority or nothing can prevent this.[/collapse]
vanderzant said:
Hello Яagnarock and welcome to Simpsons Mafia! You are...

[collapse=Mr Sparkle]You are Mr Sparkle, the Mafia Goon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnaLRbbc-54

"You have very lucky dishes, Mr. Simpson. This soap is from the sacred forests of Hokkaido, renowned for its countless soap factories."

Mafia Partner: Dr Zaius, Mafia FBI Agent (SummonerAU). You may communicate in the following quick topic at all times: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/aWisEfGSk4Sh

Win Condition: You are mafia aligned and win when you obtain a majority of living players or nothing can prevent this.[/collapse]
vanderzant said:
Hello SummonerAU and welcome to Simpsons Mafia! You are...

[collapse=Dr Zaius]You are Doctor Zaius, the Mafia FBI Agent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMnG3gOqigE

Dr. Zaius, Dr. Zaius!
Dr. Zaius, Dr. Zaius!
Dr. Zaius, Dr. Zaius!
Oh, Dr. Zaius
Dr. Zaius, Dr. Zaius!
Can I play the piano anymore?
Of course you can.
Well I couldn't before!
*piano solo*

Mafia Partner: Mr Sparkle Mafia Goon (Soup). You may communicate in the following quick topic at all times: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/aWisEfGSk4Sh

FBI Agent: Each Night you may pm the name of a player. You will receive a result of Serial Killer or Not Serial Killer.

Win Condition: You are mafia aligned and win when you obtain a majority of living players or nothing can prevent this.[/collapse]
vanderzant said:
Hello Ranmaru and welcome to Simpsons Mafia! You are...

[collapse=The BE Sharps]You are The BE Sharps, Vanilla Townie.

"I can't believe you're not still popular.
What'd you do? Screw up like the Beatles and say you were bigger than Jesus?"
"All the time! That was the title of our second album!"

"Our next song is dedicated to a very special lady. She's 100 years old and weighs over 200 tonnes!"
"AHHH! THIS ENORMOUS LADY WILL EAT US ALLl!"

Win Condition: You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated[/collapse]
vanderzant said:
Hello BadWolf28738 and welcome to Simpsons Mafia! You are...

[collapse=Inanimate Carbon Rod]You are an Inanimate Carbon Rod, the Vanilla Townie.

"It's time for the "Worker of the Week Award". I can't believe we've overlooked this week's winner for so very, very long. We simply could not function without his tireless efforts. So, a round of applause for...this inanimate carbon rod!"
"Ooh… inanimate, huh? I'll show him inanimate!

Win Condition: You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated[/collapse]
vanderzant said:
Hello Dark Horse and welcome to Simpsons Mafia! You are...

[collapse=THRILLHO-]You are THRILLHO-, the Vanilla Townie.

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm455/vanderzant/Milhouse2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPsdxR0zzNE

"This is great! And all I've done is enter my name, Thrillhouse!"

vanderzant said:
Hello Vinyl and welcome to Simpsons Mafia! You are...

[collapse=Dr Nick]You are Dr Nick, the Vanilla Townie.

"Well if it isn't my old friend Mr. McGreg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg!"

vanderzant said:
Hello Macman and welcome to Simpsons Mafia! You are...

[collapse=Mr Burns on drugs]You are Mr Burns on drugs, the Vanilla Townie.

"I bring you LOVE!"
"Is it the love between a man and a woman or the love between a man and a fine cuban cigar?"
"I bring you LOVE!"
"It's bringing love, break its legs!"

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Final thoughts!

Overall, Town had some issues with complacency after Day 1 (I refuse to believe everyone all suddenly became V/LA at once), however this is not to undermine the work that scum (or more specifically Soup) did on Day 1. After Day 1 I largely predicted that the game was going to come down to a 3 person LYLO with Mac/Ran/Soup, however scum were able to pull out the victory much earlier.

I liked the modification I made to the set up, in which the FBI agent can be either Town or Scum. I think scum would of been thoroughly ****ed if someone like DH or Vinyl could be cleared off of a role. Thanks to Rajam for that suggestion!

Here is the green room qt, which is mostly just J and I rambling :p.

http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/PeJdyhFVb2pYu

Now onto player thoughts!

Ori_bro

In this set up the Serial Killer wins by not getting lynched… :b:. You were inactive for almost all of day 1 and thus didn't really get into the game like you needed to. Of the few mafia related posts you made, most of them were simply observations or answers to various questions. A bit more analysis of these observations you saw and a lot more explanation for your reads would have gone a long way towards having a real shot at winning. The important thing to remember about being an indy is that there is a scum team you need to eliminate if you are going to win, and you shouldn't rely on your night powers to do so. I know you had a Tournament at one point but 8 days is a long time to get into a game, and you didn't really give yourself a chance by being so quiet. I'm not trying to call you out (it's possible you did the best you could given the circumstances, but then I'd question why you would sign up to a game if you're going to be so busy :p) and I'd love to see you have another shot at being scum in the future! Learn from this game what you can and thanks very much for playing :).

Vinyl
You need to be more assertive and work on analysing the situation a LOT more. Most of your play was one liners with no real depth. A good way to work on this is by writing more walls. As you're reading the game thread, make a list of observations (such as who is interacting with who) and ANYTHING that could possibly be deemed unusual play. Then write down your thoughts about the situations and try to draw conclusions based on it. Ask yourself what possible motivations (town or scum) players could have for the actions they take. You'll probably say some good things and some bad things. Some players might completely ignore whatever you're saying, but it will do WONDERS for your town (and scum) game.

You also need to try and play more proactive and aggressive at times. As an example, on Day 1 when Soup and BW were going hard at each other (and you were there posting), all you did was stand back and tell them to cool it. Arguments like these can often be the most telling about a players alignment, and someone like Soup is probably a lot more vulnerable to slipping up when he's in a big argument. So why not try to jump in and get a read? This can be done as simply as asking a question relevant to the discussion ("Soup why don't you think BW's AtE is a town tell?") or joining in and attacking the other player's argument ("Soup you're grasping for straws here"/"Soup I disagree, it doesn't make sense for him to do this as scum"/"Badwolf don't you think Soup is tunnelling hardcore? He's literally just attacking every single post you make to make it seem like his case on you is more relevant than it is."). Knee jerk reactions that you get from these situations can be VERY useful.

Lastly, you were not the only townie at fault for this, but it is heartbreaking as a mod to see you posting constantly in the social thread while this game was bleeding with inactivity. Thanks for playing though, learn from this game and I hope to see you in more :b:

Dark Horse
I thought you did ok this game. Your lynch was pretty wtf to me, but I guess it was mostly scum who orchestrated it. Try not to just prod dodge so much next time :rolleyes:.

BadWolf
Read what I said to Vinyl, it applies to you just as much. I assume you made it to LYLO almost purely because Soup thought you were more likely to not post/screw up than Dark Horse. It's frustrating when all you really did after Day 1 was try to save your neck on Day 3 before fading back into obscurity. I'm not trying to be mean and I don't ever hate on a player for playing "bad"; I couldn't care less if you are the loudest and most annoying player and every single read of yours is wrong
#Reyth
, I encourage those players to keep trying. But your general lack of effort cuts me deep. Improve and do better next time!

Macman/Red Ryu
You were a real driving force and played incredibly solid
on Day 1. Had you maintained your activity from there I think that Town might of had a real shot at this. Everyone had this mentality of "we have two mislynches and our obvtown players can't be nightkilled, gg scum" and I think a lot of it stemmed from you. Ranmaru was practically playing withby himself and I think he really needed your brain to bounce ideas off, even if you two didn't always see eye to eye.

Ryu, thanks very much for replacing in. You were put into one of the worst LYLO's I've ever seen for town and very few players (other than J :rolleyes:) would of been able to pull town out of the ditch they were in. Soup was your town read so you were obviously going to put faith into his reads, it just didn't work out :p.

Ranmaru
Your play has developed so much since the first game we played together, almost two years ago. Your reads were great, you just had a problem with expressing some of these reads and getting Town to agree with you. My only dissapointment is that you didn't step up and take charge when things started to go inactive. I know it's not always easy, but the only way Town was going to get a victory after this was if someone was able to take charge and carry everyone to the end. The only other advice I have for you is to watch out for inactives more and pressure them into playing. Summoner literally prod dodged his way through most of this game and you can't allow that to happen (though this is mostly the collective fault of Town's, not yours in particular). Overall I think you did a swell job considering the circumstances and were easily the best townie, great work!

Summoner
You managed to go unnoticed for most of this game and keep a very low profile (something if I'm not mistaken, you've been notorious for as mafia in the past) so good job with that. I know you were busy with uni so you were very inactive for much of the game, but you played it to this Town well and got the win. After Day 1 I had you pegged as the most likely person to be lynched, and was quite stunned when Town didn't use one of there "safety" lynches on you, consdiering you were by far the most inactive player on Day 1. A lot of this can be attributed to Soup keeping the pressure on in other places, so you should thank him for helping you coase to LYLO :b:. It probably goes without saying but you probably would of been eaten up by a more active town (or even just how Town was on Day 1) but alas that wasn't the case and you got the job done. Thanks for playing!

Soup
Great play dude, you got off to a great start and were running the show completely in the earlier parts of Day 1. You positioned yourself well enough that had the SK lived, they probably wouldn't of night killed you on Day 1, yet you were never in danger during the Day phase. You walked the fine line of "townie but not too townie" that is usually attributed to great Indy play, except you did it without a Night Kill and with a Mafia partner to worry about.

Advice? I don't have much. Maybe J could help here as he had some suspicions of you on Day 1, and had you and Summoner pegged by Day 3/4. I didn't particularly like your heated argument with BadWolf. Not because you were wrong but because you had nothing to gain from getting into it. A lot of people (i.e. Macman/Red Ryu/J) got Town tells out of BW's AtE, which just gave you one less option for that Day's lynch. Not that it ended up mattering though, just something I thought of :p.

Continuing, earlier on I said that I had pegged Summoner as being the likely Day 2 lynch due to how inactive he was and how Town had "safety" lynches to build their ideal 5 man lylo. Well had that scenario eventuated, I have confidence that Soup would of won a 3 man LYLO with Macman/Ranmaru, evidenced by the fact that at the start of Day 2 most people had Soup on their list of two townies to keep (and it would of taken a god damn amazing argument from Ranmaru to win Mac over). Remember that for a solo Mafia to win this set up after the SK is dead, they literally have to out play EVERY member of the Town. If just ONE person is considered "more townie than you," you will lose. Not only would the mafia have to push 5 mislynches, they also have to turn every townie against each other. And when you consider that its the two strongest townies in a 3 person LYLO, its a pretty hard battle for Scum. This is the sort of credit I give Soup's play here, because I think he would of convinced Mac to lynch Ran, after having eliminated every other Townie. However, it didn't come to this and Soup was able to earn himself an earlier victory with Summoner.

Everyone can have a say if they'd like, but after having a while to mull it over I'm giving MVP to Soup. I expect some people might attribute Town's loss more towards the inactiveness, but I fully believe it wouldn't of altered the outcome of the game and that Soup's Day 1 play was above and beyond anyone else's. He largely carried his partner to LYLO and even if he hadn't been able to I believe he would of made a Cinderella run against impossible odds, all the way to the end. Good job Soup! :b:

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Well damn. GG Soup, I had thoughts that you were playing us but I really didn't want that to be true. You remind me of Jscum so much. Again I'm sorry for exploding at everyone D1, RL had gotten to me and I was fairly pissed most of that week.

:phone:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Wooo. Had a fun game. I'll have some legit thoughts and shout outs tommorow. Right now I'm bushed.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Wow Soup got his MvP dice finally.

Man I had balling reads this game. Vandy, are you asking me to give some reasons as to how I got my reads?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖

Man I had balling reads this game. Vandy, are you asking me to give some reasons as to how I got my reads?
If J had bad vibes from soup, then he can give soup advice on how to improve his mafia game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Deff would like help in how I could be able to actually convince people how why I found soup scummy... I'm sure I could have done much more if I could do that. Gut reads are useless if no one else can see them.

For example, it's easier to be able to call out newbies/new players to Mafia, but not as easy to call out Soup and that, was my first struggle from the very beginning. I can understand why people thought I was just trying to find reasons to call soup scummy, and end the end this may have bitten me in the *** anyways. *shrugs*

I was also afraid Mac and Soup were scum together so it made it a bit morale unbooster if you know what I mean.

Agree to soup mvp

will give shout outs later

#HBC | ѕoup

I've got Gold Dice actually. One from Deadpool and now this game. :p

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Deff would like help in how I could be able to actually convince people how why I found soup scummy... I'm sure I could have done much more if I could do that. Gut reads are useless if no one else can see them.

For example, it's easier to be able to call out newbies/new players to Mafia, but not as easy to call out Soup and that, was my first struggle from the very beginning. I can understand why people thought I was just trying to find reasons to call soup scummy, and end the end this may have bitten me in the *** anyways. *shrugs*

I was also afraid Mac and Soup were scum together so it made it a bit morale unbooster if you know what I mean.

Agree to soup mvp

will give shout outs later
Claim Cop. Day cop in particular.

#HBC | ѕoup

It's not the same until I get a town MvP under my belt.

#HBC | ѕoup

I don't even like being scum, I actually completely loathe it. I feel my town game is way more stronger and more fun for me, here I just need to fake a couple of tells and bull**** my way to victory.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I don't even like being scum, I actually completely loathe it. I feel my town game is way more stronger and more fun for me, here I just need to fake a couple of tells and bull**** my way to victory.
....this is uncanny.....

#HBC | ѕoup

I am going to admit that after D2, my play got really weak. Perhaps it was because the game just went inactive afterwards and I really didn't have reason to push anything. My plan was to create a backdoor on Ranmaru that I could easily use later on. It's kind of why I went that route and tried to fake part no motivation in the game (inactivity) and lack of a better argument on my part.

I love marshy

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
My play got weaker too. It was "Ok, I should try to argue against soup" but then it went to "Ok, just hope DH is scum, too lazy" etc.

And hopefully force Summoner into voting you but didn't expect to get lynched this early though.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
LyLo was so sad because Ranmaru had the evidence to nail Soup. Sadness about the laziness.

@Zen's statment: Agree with it about ya Soup. Your scum-play is definitely much stronger.

@Vandy: I just read through the shoutouts and you gave me a lot of love in it. Thanks bro. :bee:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It did get better.

Well I felt as though I explained it well enough before, J. Tell me what exactly you thought was the damning evidence I had, tho... So I remember for next time. :p

I just didn't want to seem like I was tunneling. I was just trying to find another way. (while being lazy)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Ranmaru, you just gave up on your Soup case and therefore it lost it's value. It wouldn't have seemed like tunneling if you would have just continued to push it. As you said, you got lazier so it's nothing to really hold against ya. What you had on Soup was enough to lynch him but it just didn't go anywhere because the town itself also became inactive as hell. Soup had some scummy posts from D1 that no one seemed to catch onto but yeah.

Btw, I do agree that Soup's scum-play has a similar tinge of my own in it. We have different tells but our styles as scum is semi-similar.

Soup, your scum-play is strong because of your ability to disguise yourself as town pretty well, however, there are some tells of yours that give you away. I'd love to talk more in detail about it but I don't want to clog the thread/be annoying. ^^"

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ah ok. That makes sense. Thanks for the tips. I'll deff learn from this.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
If J had bad vibes from soup, then he can give soup advice on how to improve his mafia game.
^^^ This

hahah. how many simpsons votecount pictures did you have in total?
Around 30-35 I'd say, stopped keeping track after Day 2... I might update it later though.

I literally don't get how my scumplay is strong. ._.
You are very vocal as scum, which I think is always a bonus because it gives you a greater chance of getting what you want. Your play generally seems to blend very well with the flow of things, so unless someone knows your meta well or is very good at picking up on scum tells they'll probably have you as a Town read.

I agree your play degraded somewhat after Day 1, but so did everyone elses. No point in doing more work than necessary, especially as scum.

@Vandy: I just read through the shoutouts and you gave me a lot of love in it. Thanks bro. :bee:
No problem :b:

@Ran: Its hard to give advice on that. A gut read is usually just your subconscious or intuition picking up on things, you just have to figure out why and what it is that gives you the vibes. I could go back and tell you what I saw in Soup's play, but it might be pretty far off because I read this game already knowing that Soup was scum. It might help to ask J for what vibes/tells he saw, because you might look back and think "oh yeah, that makes sense" as J didn't know who was scum/town this game.

Top Bottom