• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sheikah Shrine; Impa's Spiritual home of Support & Speculation. Hear our voice Echo for a Echo Fighters Pass!

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I would be honestly pissed as fuuu if they gave us short old Impa. I also feel confident that they would never do that to us just because of how cool the OoT/SS/HW Impa designs are. I'm not even specific as to which of those three they should choose, Sakurai could even design his own original Smash incarnation of a youthful Impa and that might even be the best option.

I am really dying for a new Zelda character. My top picks, Skull Kid and Midna, are just not likely. Impa could fill that void for me and I wouldn't even be settling because she's so badass. Please Sakurai?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't think they would give us Old Impa at all. Unless Old Impa becomes extremely prominent and actually shows some combat skills in a new game. But even then...

Been playing lots of Hyrule Warriors lately, game is very addicting! Becomes all the more easy to envision Impa in Smash. Will probably get the game too for Switch whenever I get one. Naginata is my favorite playstyle probably, but the Giant Blade style would also be awesome to have in Smash.

Just hope that Impa has the merrits to get into Smash. With a 3 time release of Hyrule Warriors, I really hope it to be the case.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't think they would give us Old Impa at all. Unless Old Impa becomes extremely prominent and actually shows some combat skills in a new game. But even then...

Been playing lots of Hyrule Warriors lately, game is very addicting! Becomes all the more easy to envision Impa in Smash. Will probably get the game too for Switch whenever I get one. Naginata is my favorite playstyle probably, but the Giant Blade style would also be awesome to have in Smash.

Just hope that Impa has the merrits to get into Smash. With a 3 time release of Hyrule Warriors, I really hope it to be the case.
yeah hyrule warriors is just one those games thats very hard to put down

mind you i fell that way about all zelda games

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Impa is the only prominent character outside of Link shown to use a large sword and a spear, the two remaining weapon types from BotW.

Obviously, that's not the only thing she has going for her, but it only helps that her inclusion would highlight that aspect of BotW even if she took on her Hyrule Warriors appearance.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
yeah hyrule warriors is just one those games thats very hard to put down
mind you i fell that way about all zelda games
Well, it was released on all the same systems as Smash 4, and Switch is gonna have a Smash game to. So in that sense, Hyrule Warriors appeared on all systems as Smash since it's excistance. Which is quite prominent.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Impa is the only prominent character outside of Link shown to use a large sword and a spear, the two remaining weapon types from BotW.

Obviously, that's not the only thing she has going for her, but it only helps that her inclusion would highlight that aspect of BotW even if she took on her Hyrule Warriors appearance.
Whoa hadn't really thought of that first part. Good one! And yeah, even with her Hyrule Warriors persona, she could represent quite a few elements from BotW, the large sword and spear / naginata are a good start. But I also think she could use a few of the Sheikah Slate's abilities, or Specials based on the Sheikah Slate magic.

In a way, we're quite lucky Breath of the Wild isn't so hugely story-based and character-based. That's also why I honestly really doubt we're getting a Champion as a newcomer. Cause it's more than likely that they aren't coming back for a new game, but Impa is more than likely to come back. Just wish it'll be a appearance where she's young and actually fighting.

Maybe there'll be a new Zelda revealed at E3 as well? I certainly hope so at least.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Well, it was released on all the same systems as Smash 4, and Switch is gonna have a Smash game to. So in that sense, Hyrule Warriors appeared on all systems as Smash since it's excistance. Which is quite prominent.

Whoa hadn't really thought of that first part. Good one! And yeah, even with her Hyrule Warriors persona, she could represent quite a few elements from BotW, the large sword and spear / naginata are a good start. But I also think she could use a few of the Sheikah Slate's abilities, or Specials based on the Sheikah Slate magic.

In a way, we're quite lucky Breath of the Wild isn't so hugely story-based and character-based. That's also why I honestly really doubt we're getting a Champion as a newcomer. Cause it's more than likely that they aren't coming back for a new game, but Impa is more than likely to come back. Just wish it'll be a appearance where she's young and actually fighting.

Maybe there'll be a new Zelda revealed at E3 as well? I certainly hope so at least.
I'd be shocked if we didn't see young Impa again after the success of Hyrule Warriors' interpretation of the character. Even my more casual friends love Impa's design in that game.

That said, I'd be lying if I said I thought Impa using the Sheikah Slate made sense to me. I'd rather she act as an amalgamation of her OoT, SS, and HW appearances, with Vanish (since Sheik was likely taught the technique by Impa), Shadow Magic (Sage), a magical barrier ala SS, and a goron knife and naginata from HW, with the two using some animations from BotW's spears amd double handed weapons. I'd be cool with her using some time based magic too, but she hasn't been shown to use any without the aid of the Goddess' magic.

And I wouldn't hold my breath on hearing about the next Zelda game this early. It's only just started production recently.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well I don't want Impa to use the Sheikah Slate itself, I want her to use it's abilities because it's Sheikah Magic after all. And Impa would likely be able to use a few abilities for example. In Hyrule Warriors, she is also able to make doubles of herself. So illusionary magic is also a thing she could use.

To be honest though, if they aren't gonna use the Hyrule Warriors version of Impa, am thinking they'll make her a semi-clone Sheik unless they are gonna base her of a total different and new incarnation. And chances of that happening are slim. So am still keeping the hope for a Hyrule Warriors-based Impa, and to me it'll come down to what designs are gonna be used for the 3 Zelda characters excluded from BotW; Sheik, Ganondorf and Toon Link. Because I think Skyward Sword Impa really missed the boat with Smash 4 because of her looking so radically different from the rest of the cast, except for Toon Link, but Toon Link and Impa haven't been in the same game before Hyrule Warriors.

There's also a chance that Impa is gonna use some of the Sheikah Monks' abilities from BotW, or at least a nod towards them. Sakurai tends to look at the little things for moveset inspiration, and he researches the origins of the character quite deeply. So I wouldn't be surpirsed if we'd get some magical attacks based on BotW's Sheikah Monks.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So source gaming rated Impa

And yeah that's pretty much it, a 50/50 chance seems about right
50/50 seems very fair. Given that a Zelda newcomer isn't much of a priority it seems, and she missed the boat in Smash 4. I am sill hopeful, and there's enough to work with with her inclusion.

I'm still interessted in making a HW Impa moveset, but which style should I do first? Giant Blade or Naginata?

And which is your favorite style? Asking to all in this thread.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
50/50 seems very fair. Given that a Zelda newcomer isn't much of a priority it seems, and she missed the boat in Smash 4. I am sill hopeful, and there's enough to work with with her inclusion.

I'm still interessted in making a HW Impa moveset, but which style should I do first? Giant Blade or Naginata?

And which is your favorite style? Asking to all in this thread.
Naginata for suuuuuuure

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Naginata for suuuuuuure
Yes same here! But I like the Giant Blade to. It's just that the water element seems so randomly brought into it. Though I really, REALLY appriciate the "Kunai Rain" attack, her C5 attack. The Naginata is also cool and all, but the Giant Blade style is brutal, swift, and deadly as well. I think I need to appriciate the style more, cause I somewhat suspect it being THE source of inspiration for Sakurai if he where to put Impa in honestly.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Yes same here! But I like the Giant Blade to. It's just that the water element seems so randomly brought into it. Though I really, REALLY appriciate the "Kunai Rain" attack, her C5 attack. The Naginata is also cool and all, but the Giant Blade style is brutal, swift, and deadly as well. I think I need to appriciate the style more, cause I somewhat suspect it being THE source of inspiration for Sakurai if he where to put Impa in honestly.
The giant blade is her default weapon, so if hyrule warriors Impa were brought to smash she'd most certainly use that one. But the Naginata and how quick it is just fits Impa so much more to me and in a smash context it interests me more since we already have Cloud and Ike with big ass swords.

Honestly giving her the water element always seemed strange, she's the sage of shadow after all so I have no idea why they went for water over dark other than not wanting to have too many dark characters.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The giant blade is her default weapon, so if hyrule warriors Impa were brought to smash she'd most certainly use that one. But the Naginata and how quick it is just fits Impa so much more to me and in a smash context it interests me more since we already have Cloud and Ike with big *** swords.

Honestly giving her the water element always seemed strange, she's the sage of shadow after all so I have no idea why they went for water over dark other than not wanting to have too many dark characters.
Strange indeed yes. I guess because they needed a character with the water element early, and it fits some of her story maps, like her mission on Death Mountain for example.

The Naginata would work insanely well for Smash as well. Yet I don't think the fire element is anything more fitting for Impa. Yet in terms of weaponry and how different it'll be to the rest of the cast, the Giant Blade still is quite different from Ike and Cloud's fighting styles. Impa uses far more diagonal slashes from the hips, jumping strikes, has way more speed and agility, would probably jump higher, and be far more of a lightweight lightning bruiser.

The Kunai Rain attack would make for a good Side B for example.
Her AAA combo can easily be taken from her standard Y combo of Hyrule Warriors
Up B a sort of Aether-like attack, y'know the jumping "strong attack"
Neutral B the water energy projectile, or replace it with something more akin to her Skyward Sword energy ball with the blue magic effects from BotW.
Down B could be somewhat like Bouncing Fish, but with her Giant Blade attached to her feet instead of doing a kick. A slower, but more powerful attack than Bouncing Fish.

That's just what I can easily envision in just a minute or so.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Strange indeed yes. I guess because they needed a character with the water element early, and it fits some of her story maps, like her mission on Death Mountain for example.

The Naginata would work insanely well for Smash as well. Yet I don't think the fire element is anything more fitting for Impa. Yet in terms of weaponry and how different it'll be to the rest of the cast, the Giant Blade still is quite different from Ike and Cloud's fighting styles. Impa uses far more diagonal slashes from the hips, jumping strikes, has way more speed and agility, would probably jump higher, and be far more of a lightweight lightning bruiser.

The Kunai Rain attack would make for a good Side B for example.
Her AAA combo can easily be taken from her standard Y combo of Hyrule Warriors
Up B a sort of Aether-like attack, y'know the jumping "strong attack"
Neutral B the water energy projectile, or replace it with something more akin to her Skyward Sword energy ball with the blue magic effects from BotW.
Down B could be somewhat like Bouncing Fish, but with her Giant Blade attached to her feet instead of doing a kick. A slower, but more powerful attack than Bouncing Fish.

That's just what I can easily envision in just a minute or so.
Just looking at this and slowing it down there's so much to work with.

Neutral special: The ball of water, she creates the ball in front of her and it'll stay there almost like villagers tree, pressing neutral special again makes her do that same swing, destroying it and making it explode, maybe opponents could get caught in it or something?

Side special: Her strong attack, kinda works like Ike's, you charge up and then zoom forwards.

Up special: The last hit of her regular combo, the jumping piledriver move, kinda works like dedede's.

Down special: The raining kunai move, if used on the ground she'll jump up first before spawning them, they then fall around her.

The sliding move in her regular combo could be a good dash attack. The jumping and swinging the sword with her feet move in her normal combo could be her forward smash. he last combo with the water swords could be her down smash. Her neutral air could be her aerial strong attack, the somersault one. Her up/forward air could be her regular aerial attack where she spins up.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Honestly, I don't see why we shouldn't have Impa include both weapons in her moveset.
Well no other characters really do that, they have a whole moveset around their main weapon, like you don't see the FE characters pulling out lances or anything. Granted Impa could be the first I guess.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Well no other characters really do that, they have a whole moveset around their main weapon, like you don't see the FE characters pulling out lances or anything. Granted Impa could be the first I guess.
Well, Impa has been shown to be a military leader of some sort in the past. Her being well trained in multiple styles of combat isn't out of the question. Plus, her having multiple weapons ties in nicely to having different weapon types in BotW.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just looking at this and slowing it down there's so much to work with.

Neutral special: The ball of water, she creates the ball in front of her and it'll stay there almost like villagers tree, pressing neutral special again makes her do that same swing, destroying it and making it explode, maybe opponents could get caught in it or something?

Side special: Her strong attack, kinda works like Ike's, you charge up and then zoom forwards.

Up special: The last hit of her regular combo, the jumping piledriver move, kinda works like dedede's.

Down special: The raining kunai move, if used on the ground she'll jump up first before spawning them, they then fall around her.

The sliding move in her regular combo could be a good dash attack. The jumping and swinging the sword with her feet move in her normal combo could be her forward smash. he last combo with the water swords could be her down smash. Her neutral air could be her aerial strong attack, the somersault one. Her up/forward air could be her regular aerial attack where she spins up.
I'd like her Strong Attack (X) to become her dash attack. Her second Y+X combo, where she does a back flip using her weight to bring down the Giant Blade in front of her (whilst facing backwards herself) makes for a good F Tilt or F Smash.

The piledriver move? You mean that swirling aerial attack of hers? That would work well indeed! I thought of it as a N Air, but that Up B could work to and makes her a little different from Ike and Cloud indeed.

D Air is also easy to pull from Hyrule Warriors, it's her last combo attack, I think it's a strong attack where she pillars down the Giant Blade into the ground, making a sort of shockwave.

U Tilt could be that one kick of her victory animation, kind of similar to Ganondorf's current U Smash, but obviously faster and far less powerful. Sends her foes up straight upwards.

D Tilt could be the slide she finishes her regular combos with. This is kinda what Cloud also does however... Shouldn't really be all that much of a problem right?

AAA is what I said the regular YYY attack, with a rather strong finisher.

U Air is her strong attack in the air, not the Aether-like attack but how she swoops her sword upwards. Kinda only is one move in her move set in HW that does this.

D Smash could be where she slashes the ground, and make a burst of water come out of it, having prety good vertical knockback. It's her Weak Point Smash attack basically.

F Smash could be somewhat like Link's, where she does a double attack by first hitting opponents with her sword lightly, then follow up with a jumping attack where she attaches her sword to her feet. Second attack would be more powerful, and is rather fast as well but has some lag afterwards.

U Smash is where she swings her sword overhead, like she does with her Special attack (pressing A).

General stats:

Weight: Marth/ Lucina's
Running speed: Sheik's
Fall speed: Ike's
Air speed: Zero Suit Samus's
Traction: Cloud's
Air acceleration: Luigi's

Kinda think a moveset writes it's own here. Really not much which can go wrong.

And for the haters who keep on claiming there's no spin-off based moves in the game, Mega Man uses that one uppercut that was from a crossover game, so there's that. Am not knowledgable about Mega Man otherwise, so that's the only info I got about it. Besides, Hyrule Warriors did great on all systems, and is STILL doing great.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This acchievement here deserves a bump. Beat the chapter "Liberation of the Triforce" with Impa on Harde Mode, being just Level 74 (got this game second handed, on 3DS so can't erase data). Killed off Ganon with the A special because I just had 3/4th of a heart left and couldn't possibly take the risk of hitting his weakspot with the Light Arrows. Did it with the Giant Blade, because I made a moveset for it and all. Appriciation for the weapon is now bigger than ever. Will try it out with the Naginata soon!

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
So consistency in the Zelda characters apparently doesn't matter anymore which I feel bodes well for Impa, I could for sure see them going for the Skyward Sword or even the hyrule warriors variation of her now more than ever

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
And the award for biggest bump in chances goes to Impa imo.
Echo Characters mean that Impa as a Sheik clone is very much on the table and inconsistency between designs in Zelda representation mean all other Impa designs are back on the table as well. Could we see the return of Skyward Sword Impa as Echo Character?

Furthermore, both Midna and Ghirahim returned as ATs and with Sakurai finally tackling changing the Zelda representation, I see Impa as having a very big chance now, albeit most of the chance coming from clone potential.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
And the award for biggest bump in chances goes to Impa imo.
Echo Characters mean that Impa as a Sheik clone is very much on the table and inconsistency between designs in Zelda representation mean all other Impa designs are back on the table as well. Could we see the return of Skyward Sword Impa as Echo Character?

Furthermore, both Midna and Ghirahim returned as ATs and with Sakurai finally tackling changing the Zelda representation, I see Impa as having a very big chance now, albeit most of the chance coming from clone potential.
I'm not so sure if she'd work as an echo tbh, Skyward Sword Impa's proportions wouldn't match up with sheik at all, and she would be the 4th Zelda character to be a clone which would be kind of overkill, if we get a new Zelda rep I feel like they kinda have to be unique at this point.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am also honestly anticipating a Skyward Sword Impa Echo Fighter with using Sheik as a base! Ever since I saw the ALBW Zelda (who looks amazingly cute honestly) I KNEW the chances of Impa rocketed Skyward. Am expecting her to be revealed with an eventual Skyward Sword HD reveal.

I see basically NO reason not to add her this time around. Sheik is a very popular character, Impa is very reoccurring to the franchise and significantly popular to warrant inclusion.

If she won't be a Echo Fighter, am gonna be disappointed honestly. It makes a LOT of sense to have her and I doubt Daisy is gonna be the only new Echo Fighter. Alph is gonna make a lot of sense as well. Funky Kong also a great possibility!

Loving the game already honestly! No way this game ISN'T gonna be HUGE. They did amazingly well!

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Am also honestly anticipating a Skyward Sword Impa Echo Fighter with using Sheik as a base! Ever since I saw the ALBW Zelda (who looks amazingly cute honestly) I KNEW the chances of Impa rocketed Skyward. Am expecting her to be revealed with an eventual Skyward Sword HD reveal.

I see basically NO reason not to add her this time around. Sheik is a very popular character, Impa is very reoccurring to the franchise and significantly popular to warrant inclusion.

If she won't be a Echo Fighter, am gonna be disappointed honestly. It makes a LOT of sense to have her and I doubt Daisy is gonna be the only new Echo Fighter. Alph is gonna make a lot of sense as well. Funky Kong also a great possibility!

Loving the game already honestly! No way this game ISN'T gonna be HUGE. They did amazingly well!
Alph is already confirmed just a palette, funky would be fun and i'd be shocked if they don't do octolings. I'm just praying they don't make dixie an echo fighter, I'd rather just not have her in that case tbh

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

yeah she makes perfect sense to be an echo fighter for shiek heres hoping

though ive seen pics of alph so i dont think hes a separate fighter

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
One thing I do hope for is the Hyrule Warriors design to be an alt. I don't care if they have to pay Koei or whatever because she is the best Impa design IMO.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Even IF we only got new characters as clones, them being Impa and Young Link, I still think the revamps to Link, Zelda and Ganondorf count as a new fresh wind of change. Though am getting confused about the whole Echo Fighter thing if Alph isn't one. Not that I care too much however.

Young Link and Pichu DON'T seem to count however, and it probably has to do with them having significant different body proportions. Guess it only changes if there are minimal differences between the characters and it's only needed for voice clips, victory animations and the like. In that case, I do get why they went for this option.

Will probably mean that Impa is not gonna be all too different from Sheik. Which is fine honestly cause I rather have her in like this than not. Guess I gotta start practicing with Sheik now? Also as a Echo Fighter, it makes far more sense to have Impa with a significant different design than Sheik.

Hyrule Warriors seems like a wasted potential however but I don't really care in the end as the time might FINALLY come to see Impa in Smash!!

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I can also see Hilda being an echo of Zelda as she is ALBW based and doesn't have her as an alt color. I can hear Sakurai saying " here are your Zelda newcomers, Impa and Hilda. Now leave me alone!"

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I can also see Hilda being an echo of Zelda as she is ALBW based and doesn't have her as an alt color. I can hear Sakurai saying " here are your Zelda newcomers, Impa and Hilda. Now leave me alone!"
Hilda?

That boat has been sailed I think.

Toon Zelda would make more sense of a Zelda Echo, or clone. Since Young Link and Toon Link also aren't considered Echoes of Link.

It's either gonna be Toon Zelda or Impa, and with the fact that Sheik is more popular as a character than Zelda, and Sheik and Impa share a far more similar build than Zelda and Toon Zelda. And there's the stigma of having 3 characters that are Zelda above having 3 characters who are essentially Link. With Link it's honestly even more justified cause well.. It's LINK. Mario could also have Paper Mario on top of having Mario and Dr.Mario and nobody would bat an eye either.

Since they're really pushing a new look and feel into the Zelda franchise, I really think they'll add another newcomer despite what people have been saying. Ever since the moment I saw ALBW Zelda (btw is this game any good?), I was getting extremely confident that Impa would also get in. Right now she would fit in amazingly well, and there aren't honestly more fitting possibilities outside the Champions. But the Champions lack extreme popularity, star power, and the way they seem to go for newcomers this time isn't like Smash 4. If this was Smash 4, a Champion would've been EXTREMELY likely. But I doubt it's the case here.

Anyone seen Sheik in action yet? If she has a different Final Smash instead of the Light Arrow, Impa becomes far more likely. Then again, inconsistency with canon and Final Smashes have been a thing since Brawl. Wolf never had a Landmaster for example. And now I think about it, Dark Pit also had a unique Final Smash, so that might be the saving grace.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes. It's a criminally underrated game.
Well alright then. Craving some old skool Zelda experience whilst playing BOTW now. Am fighting Windblight Ganon... he's whooping my behind currently </3

Will probably get Hyrule Warriors Switch next week or so. Might check for ALBW as well as I've seen it for really cheap around.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I suppose the fact that the Zelda cast now embodies incarnations from across the series instead of one uniform (recent) title is a small boon to Impa. Not like they'd have to go with BotW Impa, who is of dubious feasibility.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Hilda?

That boat has been sailed I think.

Toon Zelda would make more sense of a Zelda Echo, or clone. Since Young Link and Toon Link also aren't considered Echoes of Link.

It's either gonna be Toon Zelda or Impa, and with the fact that Sheik is more popular as a character than Zelda, and Sheik and Impa share a far more similar build than Zelda and Toon Zelda. And there's the stigma of having 3 characters that are Zelda above having 3 characters who are essentially Link. With Link it's honestly even more justified cause well.. It's LINK. Mario could also have Paper Mario on top of having Mario and Dr.Mario and nobody would bat an eye either.

Since they're really pushing a new look and feel into the Zelda franchise, I really think they'll add another newcomer despite what people have been saying. Ever since the moment I saw ALBW Zelda (btw is this game any good?), I was getting extremely confident that Impa would also get in. Right now she would fit in amazingly well, and there aren't honestly more fitting possibilities outside the Champions. But the Champions lack extreme popularity, star power, and the way they seem to go for newcomers this time isn't like Smash 4. If this was Smash 4, a Champion would've been EXTREMELY likely. But I doubt it's the case here.

Anyone seen Sheik in action yet? If she has a different Final Smash instead of the Light Arrow, Impa becomes far more likely. Then again, inconsistency with canon and Final Smashes have been a thing since Brawl. Wolf never had a Landmaster for example. And now I think about it, Dark Pit also had a unique Final Smash, so that might be the saving grace.
hang on do you think that swap deconfirms her

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I suppose the fact that the Zelda cast now embodies incarnations from across the series instead of one uniform (recent) title is a small boon to Impa. Not like they'd have to go with BotW Impa, who is of dubious feasibility.
Yes it really helps quite a lot! BotW Impa also hinted that she was a great warrior in the past however... Seems more like a throwback to her other roles more than anything. But yes am now totally expecting Impa being a Echo Fighter in her Skyward Sword design. Which I always thought was the very best design ever, and also easily the most important role Impa has ever had in a Zelda game.

But one thing that might be a trouble is how much longer Impa's limbs are compared to Sheik.

Just look here.

Those arms are SERIOUSLY long. Not that she can't be slightly altered to make it fit Sheik's porportions more, but am thinking we might get Impa regardless if she's a Echo or not. Young Link and Pichu don't count as Echos for example, and it's probably because they have such different body types than Link and Pikachu, plus a few unique moves.

So am still having hope for Impa being more original to be honest, whilst being build a lot on Sheik's base moveset.

But who's to say semi-clones are out of the question anyway?

EDIT: GOOD NEWS!

I just noticed that Link seems to have an alternative costume based on Hyrule Warriors, as a trainee knight

Check this video around 0.22:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=22&v=5Mt53edFk4Q

It shows all known alternative costumes for all playable demo characters.

Hyrule Warriors Impa might still become reality! And I wouldn't mind if they took inspiration from other characters to create her. She simply could have assets from Ike, Cloud and Sheik and that'd be awesome already!

Last edited:

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
@ that video. The angle makes it hard to tell but my first thought was that it was the Skyloft clothes like in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
@ that video. The angle makes it hard to tell but my first thought was that it was the Skyloft clothes like in Smash 4.
Wouldn't that go with a hat though? Not sure if I remember correctly, but I think Link wore a hat with that outfit. If not, then am glad the outfit is back, and Skyward Sword Impa is therefore more likely :D

Works both ways for me, so I don't really care

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
My long-surpressed psychic powers have granted me a vision into the future...

I see... a modified version of Skyward Sword Impa with a height and body build incredibly similar to Sheik... battling with an unseen foe... it's blue... it's sarcastic... and it hasn't had a good 3D game in over 15 years... I see... Impa joining the battle as an echo fighter!

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Tbh given that Sheik has an original design (not really but kinda) I don't think it's crazy to think they'd make up a BOTW type design for impa to match up with her tbh

Top Bottom