• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sheikah Shrine; Impa's Spiritual home of Support & Speculation. Hear our voice Echo for a Echo Fighters Pass!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Let me just ask you one thing. Did you play and finish Twilight Princess for Wii? If so, I fail to see how you couldn't complete Skyward Sword, or didn't have the patience to master the controls. Cause Skyward Sword's control scheme is everything that Twilight Princess (for Wii) should've been.
I played and finished Twilight Princess on the Gamecube and the Wii U. I never played the Wii version. I think Breath of the Wild's Switch controls (don't have the Wii U version) is everything Skyward Sword should have been.

Also the first dungeon wasn't all that special, and you are a bloody liar for saying that you finished after 10 minutes of playing cause the actual first dungeon comes after about... 2 hours into the game I think. It's later in the game that you will experience the most unique, challenging and fun dungeons in all of 3D Zelda. Believe me on this.
Yeah exactly. I had several short play sessions. I keep playing and hoping I will stay awake this time but it made me drowsy every time. It's like the game put me in an induced coma. Anyway, I played little by little that I eventually made it past the first dungeon.

I don't remember much but can you skip cutscenes or speed up Fi's dialogue boxes in Skyward Sword?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I played and finished Twilight Princess on the Gamecube and the Wii U. I never played the Wii version. I think Breath of the Wild's Switch controls (don't have the Wii U version) is everything Skyward Sword should have been.

Yeah exactly. I had several short play sessions. I keep playing and hoping I will stay awake this time but it made me drowsy every time. It's like the game put me in an induced coma. Anyway, I played little by little that I eventually made it past the first dungeon.

I don't remember much but can you skip cutscenes or speed up Fi's dialogue boxes in Skyward Sword?
I don't think you can actually skip Fi, at least I think you can in Hero Mode (your second playthrough). Fi pops up on moments she really shouldn't at times, that part is sometimes annoying. But outside of maybe one time, she doesn't exactly give away what you have to do, and sometimes she's actually helpful. I'm a bit 50/50 on Fi regarding this.

GameCube and Wii U version of Twilight Princess though... Yeah I might get it then, because if you'd be used to the Wii's version of Twilight Princess maybe you'd understand. If you could stand waggling through that game, Skyward Sword is a God's sent. But I do hope that the game gets to enjoy a remake with updated controls. Everywhere I read something about Skyward Sword, the control scheme gets bashed pretty harshly. Whilst I personally didn't have much trouble with it. Not what dying 5 times against a Skulltula couldn't fix. :laugh:

But seriously, the combat is great once you get the hang of it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yo so anything new about Impa in Breath of the Wild's DLC?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't think so. Check it out.
Oh well that's no problem however. I am thinking more and more that Impa's role will become more clear when the story DLC of Breath of the Wild comes out in December. I don't think they would add story DLC if it wasn't heavily fan-service. And that means a probable appearance of fan favorites as Ganondorf and a younger Impa. And that we get more details of what happened in the past of the game.

Breath of the Wild Impa might still yet appear in Smash based on this. But am still holding my horses... It's just a possibility and by no means guranteed to happen.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I'm surprised Hyrule Warriors doesn't seem to have a switch port announced but I guess they wouldn't want to go up against fire emblem.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
could be reading that wrong but it seems like your trying to start something
Not really. I'm saying they wouldn't want two new warriors games on switch out at the same time. Or even really within a year of each other.

I bring it up in this thread due to the playable impa.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Not really. I'm saying they wouldn't want two new warriors games on switch out at the same time. Or even really within a year of each other.

I bring it up in this thread due to the playable impa.
well there's always a chance we'll get a new hyrule warriors further down the line (or perhaps a mario warriors)

Freduardo

Smash Champion
well there's always a chance we'll get a new hyrule warriors further down the line (or perhaps a mario warriors)
I'm going to hold out hope for Uprising Warriors.

I mostly just want a sequel to kid Icarus Uprising

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I've seen more people expecting Impa to get in next time. And with the overall attention Zelda got with BotW it could happen. And Impa is the most logical. She's by now more reoccurring than Ganondorf. Even if most of her appearances aren't workable. Then again not every version of Link, Zelda or Ganon is getting in either. If they want to include Impa, they'll chose a design that's fitting with a move set that is fitting.

Though the idea of Impa using BotW Sheikah weapons and the Sheikah Slate has grown on me. As said before... it has potential if the Zelda DLC from December -which is story based- has a younger Impa with fighting abilities like the other Champions from the game. Then she'd be solid. Remember her role in Skyward Sword? This could be a mad reverse situation.

But Impa faces a problem like many Nintendo characters who are potential newcomers do; they need that little extra focus or a solid new appearance in the franchise they are from. That's why I feel we might very well get a Mario Odessey newcomer.

However since Hyrule Warriors got the whole Warriors trend going, Impa could get in as a honorary character from there. I'd hope they change the rest of the Zelda cast similary. If Square doesn't extent the license of using Cloud next game, Impa could be made using assets of his move set. But nerfed.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Though the idea of Impa using BotW Sheikah weapons and the Sheikah Slate has grown on me. As said before... it has potential if the Zelda DLC from December -which is story based- has a younger Impa with fighting abilities like the other Champions from the game. Then she'd be solid. Remember her role in Skyward Sword? This could be a mad reverse situation.
It would be cool to see a young Impa in the flashbacks in Breath of the Wild. I still think she would look a lot like her granddaughter Paya.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It would be cool to see a young Impa in the flashbacks in Breath of the Wild. I still think she would look a lot like her granddaughter Paya.
Probably, but I'd think more warrior-like. Paya seems rather timid, even compared to older Impa. I think that young Impa would mostly resemble OOT's Impa. Cause generally it seems all the Sheikah in Breath of the Wild look like her.

Which is still rather weird because during Ocarina of Time, Impa was the sole survivor of the Sheikah race, and Breath of the Wild takes place in the far future, where there's a lot of living Sheikah. Even a whole village of them.

And I also don't get why the Sheikah race didn't find it neccesary to have a Champion. And it would've probably been Impa if they had to chose one, she's still considered the tribe's leader after all.

Just a lot which I thought they could've done with her. And it's a shame they didn't. Breath of the Wild doesn't really have a too big story any way, which is a major downfal of the game I feel.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
So here's an idea for Impa's moveset, what if it was based around the traps that are in the dungeons, it fits her whole Ninja aesthetic after all. Plus with her being a guide to Link, and the temples being trials for the hero as it were, it fits onto her since guides can also train those who they guide.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So here's an idea for Impa's moveset, what if it was based around the traps that are in the dungeons, it fits her whole Ninja aesthetic after all. Plus with her being a guide to Link, and the temples being trials for the hero as it were, it fits onto her since guides can also train those who they guide.
That's an idea. And if preformed well, I would enjoy it. Completed the Shadow Temple yesterday in OOT3D, and that's Impa's personal dungeon so I could see it working. Dropping spears, scythes, guilotines, fire balls and what not seems very Sheikah-like.

However if we see a young Impa in the next BOTW DLC I think that that is the design they are going to work with. Am still down for giving Impa the Biggoron Sword, and incoperate a few of her moves with it from Hyrule Warriors and a couple of Link's moves with the Biggorron Sword in OOT (like the ' dash attack' for example).

Whatever happens, I really want her to have a Deku Nut attack.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Absolutely no way I can't support Impa. She's one of the bigger names that would be a shame to be left out of Smash. Add me to the support list! :)

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Absolutely no way I can't support Impa. She's one of the bigger names that would be a shame to be left out of Smash. Add me to the support list! :)
Glad to still see people think that way. Impa support isn't as much vocal anymore. At least outside of the roster thread. She's just seen as a 'filler Zelda newcomer' and I don't think that's fair. Even if she would become a semi-clone. Toon Link is still loved for example, so are Lucas, Roy and Luigi. Wolf is highly requested to come back, and well, Zelda's roster has Ganondorf and Toon Link anyway. If those would change up a little, Impa would be a great newcomer. Thats based on her being a semi- clone then. In reality, she could be made unique or at least be compared to Sheik as Kirby can be compared to Jigglypuff.

Am still hoping we will see more of Impa jn the BOTW DLC. There's just a small chance to that, but not impossible. In a way, BOTW really mesaed things up for Impa. The fact she's got no consistant appearance hurts. I am still hoping for the young version of Impa to return at some point in the franchise. Probably very likely if we get a prequel to BOTW.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Glad to still see people think that way. Impa support isn't as much vocal anymore. At least outside of the roster thread. She's just seen as a 'filler Zelda newcomer' and I don't think that's fair. Even if she would become a semi-clone. Toon Link is still loved for example, so are Lucas, Roy and Luigi. Wolf is highly requested to come back, and well, Zelda's roster has Ganondorf and Toon Link anyway. If those would change up a little, Impa would be a great newcomer. Thats based on her being a semi- clone then. In reality, she could be made unique or at least be compared to Sheik as Kirby can be compared to Jigglypuff.

Am still hoping we will see more of Impa jn the BOTW DLC. There's just a small chance to that, but not impossible. In a way, BOTW really mesaed things up for Impa. The fact she's got no consistant appearance hurts. I am still hoping for the young version of Impa to return at some point in the franchise. Probably very likely if we get a prequel to BOTW.
Don’t be too disheartened, Ganon/Ganondorf doesn’t have a consistent appearance, he’s not going anywhere and some people still want a pig Ganon with a trident.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Don’t be too disheartened, Ganon/Ganondorf doesn’t have a consistent appearance, he’s not going anywhere and some people still want a pig Ganon with a trident.
That's true, and Calamity Ganon doesn't hurt Ganondorf in his chances either. So that's a good point to consider. I still think a Zelda newcomer is long is long overdue. We haven't had a proper newcomer since Brawl with Toon Link. And he was a low priority newcomer himself as seen by the data and no role in Subspace Emissary.

Still, Zelda has established itself as a strong gaming formula since its shift to a 3D adventure game when Ocarina of Time got releases. After that we've had 5 3D platform Zelda games. Impa was in 3 of them (2 if you count Young Impa only), which is as much as Ganondorf, more than Toon Link and Sheik, only scoring lower than Link and Zelda themselves. Then she also had a prominent story role in Warriors, was a old lady Sage in 3DS ALTTP sequel, appeared in OOT 3D, she's a strong reoccuring character. So the fact so many succesfully acclaimed titles had Impa in it warrant her inclusion in Smash I feel.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
That's true, and Calamity Ganon doesn't hurt Ganondorf in his chances either. So that's a good point to consider. I still think a Zelda newcomer is long is long overdue. We haven't had a proper newcomer since Brawl with Toon Link. And he was a low priority newcomer himself as seen by the data and no role in Subspace Emissary.

Still, Zelda has established itself as a strong gaming formula since its shift to a 3D adventure game when Ocarina of Time got releases. After that we've had 5 3D platform Zelda games. Impa was in 3 of them (2 if you count Young Impa only), which is as much as Ganondorf, more than Toon Link and Sheik, only scoring lower than Link and Zelda themselves. Then she also had a prominent story role in Warriors, was a old lady Sage in 3DS ALTTP sequel, appeared in OOT 3D, she's a strong reoccuring character. So the fact so many succesfully acclaimed titles had Impa in it warrant her inclusion in Smash I feel.
She was also in a number of the 2D Zelda’s since that time (at least the oracle games)

She’s got a lot of appearances.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
She was also in a number of the 2D Zelda’s since that time (at least the oracle games)

She’s got a lot of appearances.
That's also true. Yet I really wish they would include the young Sheikah warrior version of Impa more.

They had a literal PERFECT opportunity with Breath of the Wild to flesh her character out. Yet they didn't. Then again, no character made any development in Breath of the Wild, except Zelda, in the past. DLC could potentially fix it, but they might not really have a good reason to. Impa's role is important, she apperantly also fought Calamity Ganon in her young years 100 years prior the story (taken by her own words) I just don't get how it's not expanded upon further. I mean, Impa is the most important Sheikah in the franchise and even BOTW, BOTW's emphasis was with Sheikah lore. It's just bad story design I feel, which is what BOTW lacked in the first place. Shame because Skyward Sword had just that, and great dungeons... Also strongly missing from Breath of the Wild.

Anyway, guess a SS remake is also very possible so I don't think all is lost for Impa anyway.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
you know champion's ballad has given me an idea regarding impa

it could work for impa to have powers utilized by other shiekah, so she could have some of the powers of the monk from end of champion's ballad

its a thought

rlwrgh

Smash Apprentice
If she were to get in I think hyrule warriors would be best bet for move inspiration specifically her naganata option.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
you know champion's ballad has given me an idea regarding impa

it could work for impa to have powers utilized by other shiekah, so she could have some of the powers of the monk from end of champion's ballad

its a thought
I haven't actually played BotW. Is there any video footage of this?

If she were to get in I think hyrule warriors would be best bet for move inspiration specifically her naganata option.
I wouldn't mind this at all actually. I just don't think it's likely to happen unless the whole Zelda cast gets more inspired by Hyrule Warriors.

Which I still think would be ideal since Zelda and Ganondorf suffer a lot by their poor design. Sheik also carries a moveset inspired by nothing but creative liberty, a redesign with HW's style would be great. Link could use a few buffs and Toon Link a few unique moves while staying mostly the same. Sort of Mario / Dr.Mario kind of deal.

Naginata Impa would be a great addition however. It would be a great way to balance the weapon users as well, as she's fast and with a different weapon than the rest of the cast. Despite the Biggoron Sword being more unique and tied with her first in game apearance of OOT. However she would maybe seem like a faster Cloud this way. She'd actually work great as a Cloud semi-clone in a way. And her regular Sheikah appearance of SS could be a Sheik semi-clone with OOT Impa as a alt.

The most unique versions of Impa would definitely be with the Naginata of Hyrule Warriors though. And maybe give her still some moves of the Sheikah Slate to represent BOTH new and recent Zelda games... It's weird I never really thought of THAT situation...Fixes a lot of recency problems, gives a new Zelda character well known by the lovers of the franchise (plus she's reoccurring), and represents old and new games alike.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
yep i found this one

Well this is certianly interessting!

Impa could easily be designed much like this monk. Give her the hat of her older appearance and a mask similar to what this monk is wearing with Paya's basic design and it'll fit. Would be a bit farfetched, but there's a few things that could be borrowed from this boss battle.

Overall, it's not what I hoped for. But it's there, so well yeah... Impa is still considerably the best possible choice for a Zelda newcomer, as well as a character that can represent Breath of the Wild through her abilities. Zelda done it before with the Goddess Spells, Impa can do it now.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
There's a few things in the boss fight that Impa could use.
First off, the mobility options that the Yiga footsoldiers use, such as the backflip or keeping still in the air while firing a projectile.
On top of that, their version of Vanish that drops them straight down after vanishing.
This ninja-movement can be improved with the Thunderblight Ganon Blitz the Monk also uses.
(Which btw could mean that all attacks that the blights use could fall under Impa's Sheikah arsenal.)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There's a few things in the boss fight that Impa could use.
First off, the mobility options that the Yiga footsoldiers use, such as the backflip or keeping still in the air while firing a projectile.
On top of that, their version of Vanish that drops them straight down after vanishing.
This ninja-movement can be improved with the Thunderblight Ganon Blitz the Monk also uses.
(Which btw could mean that all attacks that the blights use could fall under Impa's Sheikah arsenal.)
I never really considered this, but it makes a lot of sense!

I think Impa can have a lot of inspiration from the Maz Khozia fight, but especially the way he moves around. It's a testimony of Impa's battle powers, at least, the Skyward Sword version. She was able to hold her own against Ghirahim for example, but Maz Khozia is like SS Impa, a direct servant of Hylia. I think Impa would actually be stronger than him.

Lots of parts of the fight could be used for moveset inspiration. For example a illusion-based attack for Side B. I think Statis would be a nice Down B or Neutral B. And the barrier used against Ghirahim also could be used. Side B could be a Sheikah magic blast similar to the Bomb rune (as it's also magic in a way, it just functions as the regular bombs of other Zelda games in game.

Tell me about the Ganon Blight's abilities tho? What could be made out of this?

The spear lightning magical attack from Maz Khozia and how he stays in the air while doing so is a great move indeed. It kinda works with Impa's magic from the Naginata in Hyrule Warriors as well.

Alternatively, Impa could use a mixture of her Hyrule Warriors incarnation and weapon togheter with BOTW's Sheikah Slate magic and a few throw backs to her former incarnations of Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time (barrier and Deku Nuts for example). Throw in some Sheik-like agility and kicks as well that mix up a style between sword fighting, material arts and magic, and we have a really solid newcomer from the Zelda franchise.

I still think Impa has more moveset potential than even the likes of Zelda and Ganondorf.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I never really considered this, but it makes a lot of sense!

I think Impa can have a lot of inspiration from the Maz Khozia fight, but especially the way he moves around. It's a testimony of Impa's battle powers, at least, the Skyward Sword version. She was able to hold her own against Ghirahim for example, but Maz Khozia is like SS Impa, a direct servant of Hylia. I think Impa would actually be stronger than him.

Lots of parts of the fight could be used for moveset inspiration. For example a illusion-based attack for Side B. I think Statis would be a nice Down B or Neutral B. And the barrier used against Ghirahim also could be used. Side B could be a Sheikah magic blast similar to the Bomb rune (as it's also magic in a way, it just functions as the regular bombs of other Zelda games in game.

Tell me about the Ganon Blight's abilities tho? What could be made out of this?

The spear lightning magical attack from Maz Khozia and how he stays in the air while doing so is a great move indeed. It kinda works with Impa's magic from the Naginata in Hyrule Warriors as well.

Alternatively, Impa could use a mixture of her Hyrule Warriors incarnation and weapon togheter with BOTW's Sheikah Slate magic and a few throw backs to her former incarnations of Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time (barrier and Deku Nuts for example). Throw in some Sheik-like agility and kicks as well that mix up a style between sword fighting, material arts and magic, and we have a really solid newcomer from the Zelda franchise.

I still think Impa has more moveset potential than even the likes of Zelda and Ganondorf.
Impa has great potential to be a mix-up fighter.
She can have a defensive playstyle with the barrier (Which returns in BoTW in the Master Kohga boss fight, whose powers are ancient Sheikah fighting skills) and the different projectiles, but she can also have unrivaled burst mobility with the vanishing, backflips and Thunderblight Ganon's rush-in attack.

BoTW's blue magic, like in the Remote Bombs and Guardian Lasers could make an appearance in some normals

The duplicating move she uses in Hyrule Warriors seems to be a fitting thing as well, but might be hard to balance.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The Remote Bomb attack would be a great projectile.

In animation it could look like this here:

But the more you charge it up, it'll increase the explosion of the Impact. Har har har

It wouldn't be as powerful as say, Samus' Charge Shot or especially Mewtwo's Shadow Ball. More akin to Lucario's Aura Sphere but with more range as the projectile explodes.

Statis would make a nice Down B, sort of counter paralysis move. And Side B could be her barrier from Skyward Sword, which was also used by Master Kogha. With some creative liberty, they can make the move more fit for Smash.

Then Up B could be a variation of Vanish, what we spoke before of in the spoilered texts.

That's already a great base moveset for Impa!

But according to all of you, which Zelda character would be the most likely to be included in Smash? One of the Champions? Midna? The return of Young Link? Toon Zelda, or even Tetra?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So, new year and a new post in this thread had to be made.

There's news however! Cause Hyrule Warriors, the full version, is coming to Switch again. This marks the 3rd release of Hyrule Warriors, which is rather astonishing for a Wii U game. Especially cause the Wii U wasn't all that much a succesful console at all.

So why is this huge? Cause I cannot imagine a game which has been ported two times to be completely ignored in Smash Bros. It also branched out to Fire Emblem Warriors, so I think any sort of representation will be due. Especially since Smash tends to take on the previous era of gaming before the release and what was relevant around the time of the start of development. Which is why everyone thinks Inkling(s) are so likely.

Well, same should go for Hyrule Warriors representation, and I think that Impa is easily the most likely to fit the bill if they'd had to pick a character from Hyrule Warriors. I'd hope they also style the current Zelda cast after HW, especially Ganondorf, but I doubt it. Impa does stand a good chance because of it I feel. Which is why I had to bump the thread of course! :D

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So, new year and a new post in this thread had to be made.

There's news however! Cause Hyrule Warriors, the full version, is coming to Switch again. This marks the 3rd release of Hyrule Warriors, which is rather astonishing for a Wii U game. Especially cause the Wii U wasn't all that much a succesful console at all.

So why is this huge? Cause I cannot imagine a game which has been ported two times to be completely ignored in Smash Bros. It also branched out to Fire Emblem Warriors, so I think any sort of representation will be due. Especially since Smash tends to take on the previous era of gaming before the release and what was relevant around the time of the start of development. Which is why everyone thinks Inkling(s) are so likely.

Well, same should go for Hyrule Warriors representation, and I think that Impa is easily the most likely to fit the bill if they'd had to pick a character from Hyrule Warriors. I'd hope they also style the current Zelda cast after HW, especially Ganondorf, but I doubt it. Impa does stand a good chance because of it I feel. Which is why I had to bump the thread of course! :D
i hope your right shed be a great addition, though she is a very major character in the entire series and id think thatd be enough to warrant her inclusion but that might not be how smash team see it

not gonna give up on her yet

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
She's indeed the most major character in the franchise outside of Link, Zelda and Ganon. I'd argue she's even more of a mainstay than Ganondorf at this point, seeing as he hasn't had a major appearance since Twilight Princess. In a way, Hyrule Warriors keeps Ganondorf and Sheik also relevant- as it's likely Sheik will not ever appear in another Zelda game ever again. Ganondorf is about 50/50 at this point.

Impa has her merrits, but her being a old lady in Breath of the Wild really hurt her overall chances. If she was say, a Sheikah Champion, like she should've been, I bet everyone would be talking about her as one of THE most likely character additions for this upcoming Smash Bros. But unfortunately, she isn't, which makes her inclusion far more uncertain...

Not sure when there's gonna be a new Zelda, or IF Switch is gonna see a next Zelda, but am hopeful that Impa will be included the next time. And this time, being younger and having fighting abilities that translate well to a Smash Bros. moveset much like SS Impa. Speaking of Skyward Sword, that game could get a remake or remastered edition for Switch. Always thought the game was rushed, and say, a mixture of Skyward Sword's mechanics, charm, story and BOTW's open world and exploration would be amazing.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
So am I the only one here who wants Old/Fat Impa over the over versions?

I like the idea of Old Impa fighting like Yodi and Fat Impa being a cross between Bowser and Zelda, jus think about it. :)

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I think Impa would be the next best Zelda character to the roster, so I support!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So am I the only one here who wants Old/Fat Impa over the over versions?

I like the idea of Old Impa fighting like Yodi and Fat Impa being a cross between Bowser and Zelda, jus think about it. :)
In all actuality, I expect Skyward Sword Impa to fight sort of like a mix between Zelda and Sheik. But as of now, I think Hyrule Warriors Impa is the most likely due to it arguably being her most recent and "important" role. She could even be based on Cloud's moveset, minus Limit Break, if he fails to come back again in Smash 4 (doubtful) or just be a semi-clone of him, or Sheik.

There's a small chance that the whole Zelda cast will be styled after Hyrule Warriors, seeing as Zelda and Ganondorf need serious moveset rework overhaul.. But it's also the sole game that has all the current cast of Zelda characters in one game. They might even opt for a sequel if HW Switch does great. Anyway, Impa seems as the most logical newcomer all things combined... I honestly doubt she's gonna lose out to the likes of the BOTW Champions. Though, you might never know so I won't count my eggs too fast.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
In all actuality, I expect Skyward Sword Impa to fight sort of like a mix between Zelda and Sheik. But as of now, I think Hyrule Warriors Impa is the most likely due to it arguably being her most recent and "important" role. She could even be based on Cloud's moveset, minus Limit Break, if he fails to come back again in Smash 4 (doubtful) or just be a semi-clone of him, or Sheik.

There's a small chance that the whole Zelda cast will be styled after Hyrule Warriors, seeing as Zelda and Ganondorf need serious moveset rework overhaul.. But it's also the sole game that has all the current cast of Zelda characters in one game. They might even opt for a sequel if HW Switch does great. Anyway, Impa seems as the most logical newcomer all things combined... I honestly doubt she's gonna lose out to the likes of the BOTW Champions. Though, you might never know so I won't count my eggs too fast.
Yeah I pretty much guessed has such, I really do want to see want Ganondorf would be like with his H.W moves in Smash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah I pretty much guessed has such, I really do want to see want Ganondorf would be like with his H.W moves in Smash.
He doesn't even HAS to use a weapon, the claw of darkness or whatever he summons that assists him could be good enough. And it would keep his moveset and overall play style much the same. Cause that's what apperantly Sakurai is waiting for.

Luckily, Impa could have the Biggoron Sword or the Naginata. Am not sure which they would pick, personally I hope the naginata cause it would give Smash a spear user. But I wouldn't be upset with the Biggoron Sword either, which might be far more iconic overall.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
He doesn't even HAS to use a weapon, the claw of darkness or whatever he summons that assists him could be good enough. And it would keep his moveset and overall play style much the same. Cause that's what apperantly Sakurai is waiting for.

Luckily, Impa could have the Biggoron Sword or the Naginata. Am not sure which they would pick, personally I hope the naginata cause it would give Smash a spear user. But I wouldn't be upset with the Biggoron Sword either, which might be far more iconic overall.
That playstyle sounds pretty fun, but yeah I would want the Naginata since we already have a giant sword user in smash however I think is would neat if they could some how design her so that she could use both, maybe like she can switch when using different attacks or make her down special switch weapons, the only problem is that they would want to focus on one playstyle so they would likely go for the first one.

Top Bottom