• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sheikah Shrine; Impa's Spiritual home of Support & Speculation. Hear our voice Echo for a Echo Fighters Pass!

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
I've always been an advocator for Impa being the next Zelda rep, but seeing her in action in AoC really convinced me of just how awesome she'd be. I'd still be down for one of the other Impa designs (the one in the original HW especially), but the thought of something like her AoC moveset in Smash is really something else, and has bumped her up considerably on my most wanteds list.

So yeah, if we have a supporters list, you can definitely sign me up for support.

Staarih

Smash Master
Have yet to comment here about Impa in AoC but yeah, she looks awesome and yet another solid appearance from her, stabilizing her status of one of the most recurring characters after the main ones. While I personally prefer her Skyward Sword design (and would welcome a character "representing" that game alongside the ones already in), any of her designs would work, the new AoC included. While I'm still unsure if a Zelda character would make it (and for some reason I wouldn't be surprised if it was something like "Wild Zelda" if it happened), I'm still rooting for Impa, more variety in the Zelda cast would be much appreciated.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
And there's no news today besides showing off Daruk. That was pointless and a half.

But hey, at least Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires will go on the Switch.

While I'm still unsure if a Zelda character would make it (and for some reason I wouldn't be surprised if it was something like "Wild Zelda" if it happened)
Or replacing A Link to the Past/A Link Between Worlds Zelda with the BOTW one as the usual Zelda template. So far we don't get multiple Zeldas unless their character design is drastically different (i.e. Sheik).

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
What the initial roster will be is hard to say, but I find it hard to believe Nintendo would not do DLC characters for Age of Calamity. There's definitely options for characters from the setting and (if they were willing to do this for non canon adventure maps) ones who were not there as ell.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Let's expand on that even more. Which one of these four would you guys pick?

I can't choose. My least favourite is probably of Ocarina of Time, but I love all 4 honestly. Impa having a more cutesy design is great, cause it will make her more popular. Paya was also really popular, so this helps boost Impa's overall popularity. Maybe it even becomes a sort of standard appearance for her, seeing as Japanese fanbases often prefer cutesy over "cool" or rougher looking designs.

Her moveset also seems to write itself! Paraglider as Up Special, Clone mirrage Attack as Side or Down Special, Kunai as Neutral Special which I always suggested, and something with the talismans and wind effect as remaining Special. Regular attacks involving the short blade and kunai as double weapons, kicks and other athletic movements similar to say, Sheik, Zero Suit Samus.. and I think we're golden.

I admit my heart almost skipped a beat when I saw Impa on the front page of the forum. I hope to see this again, but for a Smash reveal (:

Also happy people are really wanting her in Smash now.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What the initial roster will be is hard to say, but I find it hard to believe Nintendo would not do DLC characters for Age of Calamity. There's definitely options for characters from the setting and (if they were willing to do this for non canon adventure maps) ones there not there as ell.
Am thinking they will likely readd the Hyrule Warriors 1 cast, or make certain of them costumes. Darunia on Daruk is more than a given, Ruto with Mipha will also work out nicely. Link will probably get his alternative selves as alts, this was both a thing in Hyrule Warriors and Breath of the Wild after all. Sheik on Impa would also work, Ganondorf seems likely, maybe even the Blight Ganons. Different versions of Zelda... But what am mostly guessing is different playstyles for the main cast, and different story maps. I suspect the main cast will be much smaller because the maps will be bigger, and there's way more focus on the story than in the first game.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
considering how popular paya was its not surprising they made impa resemble her so much and when you think about it impa's design has changed a lot over the series more than link and zelda

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Never thought I saw the day I wanted two heavily overlooked Nintendo heroines with insanely long hair playable.

Pretty sure that they're trying to get a sort of staple look for Impa now. She's had white hair three times now for example, except in Skyward Sword. That's... One thing. She was also stoic in OoT and OG HW.

Can't say much else am afraid about her looks. Still hoping to see Young Impa in BotW2 as well.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Never thought I saw the day I wanted two heavily overlooked Nintendo heroines with insanely long hair playable.

Pretty sure that they're trying to get a sort of staple look for Impa now. She's had white hair three times now for example, except in Skyward Sword. That's... One thing. She was also stoic in OoT and OG HW.

Can't say much else am afraid about her looks. Still hoping to see Young Impa in BotW2 as well.
is dixie the other?

ZelDan

Smash Master
haven't ever posted in this thread, but as far as Zelda characters go, Impa's the only one I ever had any real interest in having get added in Smash, and would be happy to see her included in FP2.

Her current design is pretty cool, so it being her Smash look would be nice. Would be even nicer if we one or some of Impa's past designs as alts.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Great to see both of them get renewed attention in the same week, with AOC news and DKC2 on NSO coming back to back.
Been playing the original DKC and DKC2 solely since they released. Will probably play them untill Age of Calamity releases. Might do another BotW run however, because I want the story to feel fresh on my mind before AoC. Then again, I might also play BotW again after playing through AoC.

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
So new Smash Character tomorrow. I don't think she is very likely for FP7 tho.

MattX20

Smash Hero
So new Smash Character tomorrow. I don't think she is very likely for FP7 tho.
If she happens, it won't be until the latter half of the pass. Nintendo's going to focus on FP7 and FP8 being the pass sellers

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am of course hoping for Impa, but it would be over confident to expect her right now. The timing could work, I won't deny it, and it wouldn't even surprise me if she was revealed tomorrow. However, am thinking a new third party character is probably more likely. Not sure which. Ryu Hayabusa is most expected now according to most.

Not sure why she would be last of the pass. If anything I expect her best chances are around the release of Age of Calamity.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Stopping by to say that Impa would be dope. We're long overdue for a Zelda newcomer and Impa's Age of Calamity design is fantastic. She would also (sort of?) count as a Koei-Techmo rep, in a weird way, so what's not to love?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Stopping by to say that Impa would be dope. We're long overdue for a Zelda newcomer and Impa's Age of Calamity design is fantastic. She would also (sort of?) count as a Koei-Techmo rep, in a weird way, so what's not to love?
There have been rumors of Koei Techmo talking with Nintendo about Smash possibilities. I think Impa could come up as a easy contender for that spot. Along with Ryu Hayabusa or course.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
There have been rumors of Koei Techmo talking with Nintendo about Smash possibilities. I think Impa could come up as a easy contender for that spot. Along with Ryu Hayabusa or course.
its certainly possible but wouldnt they suggest one of their own characters?

its certainly possible but wouldnt they suggest one of their own characters?
I'm pretty sure Nintendo's the one who brings up the character. It's less "who do you want in Smash?" and more "will you let us use this character?" It would be really strange in that scenario for Koei to say "no, you can't have Impa, but we'll give you Ryu or Lu Bu." They would be risking the possibility that Nintendo would walk away from the deal because that other character is completely unrelated to what Nintendo was looking for.

If Nintendo specifically wanted a Zelda character and they happened to want the design owned by Koei, the next best thing wouldn't be another Koei Tecmo character, it would be a Nintendo owned Zelda character.

That being said, I doubt that the Koei Tecmo talks were about Impa, especially if the new design is owned by Nintendo. I'm also not sure how tight Koei's hold is on the rights to HW Impa's design when Cadence of Hyrule uses basically the same design for the character.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure Nintendo's the one who brings up the character. It's less "who do you want in Smash?" and more "will you let us use this character?" It would be really strange in that scenario for Koei to say "no, you can't have Impa, but we'll give you Ryu or Lu Bu." They would be risking the possibility that Nintendo would walk away from the deal because that other character is completely unrelated to what Nintendo was looking for.

If Nintendo specifically wanted a Zelda character and they happened to want the design owned by Koei, the next best thing wouldn't be another Koei Tecmo character, it would be a Nintendo owned Zelda character.

That being said, I doubt that the Koei Tecmo talks were about Impa, especially if the new design is owned by Nintendo. I'm also not sure how tight Koei's hold is on the rights to HW Impa's design when Cadence of Hyrule uses basically the same design for the character.
Well, there is the counter-exemple of Sakurai asking the director of ARMS who he would want. But it was still Nintendo saying "someone from ARMS". And it's first-party.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

well it’s a hypothetical situation anyway but it would be kind of weird if Nintendo ask koei to suggest one of their characters only for them to suggest one of Nintendo’s instead

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Top Bottom