• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sheikah Shrine; Impa's Spiritual home of Support & Speculation. Hear our voice Echo for a Echo Fighters Pass!

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Haha. Actually the reason Impa's older sister looks like a 6 year old girl is because her age reversal experiment went horribly right.
An in-game explanation that was made in Japan, yeah still creepy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa has some interesting family members and relationships that's for sure. Shame that BotW Impa isn't anywhere that interesting.

Why didn't the Sheikah have a Champion? That should've easily been Impa. And Paya could've been the new Champion when Impa died and her son / daughter / Paya's parents would've raised her as the next Sheikah Champion. BUT NO!

Wolley2xjd

no its in our version as well
I meant they used the "the old person looks 10 years old" excuse and that it was deiced by the Japanese team since the game was made in japan.

Impa has some interesting family members and relationships that's for sure. Shame that BotW Impa isn't anywhere that interesting.

Why didn't the Sheikah have a Champion? That should've easily been Impa. And Paya could've been the new Champion when Impa died and her son / daughter / Paya's parents would've raised her as the next Sheikah Champion. BUT NO!
Because that would mean Impa would have to die and she's too good for that. :smirk:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
An in-game explanation that was made in Japan, yeah still creepy.
That's not creepy. You want creepy? How about that side quest about playing matchmaker for a Hylian man and a Zora girl? It was explained that the Zora girl is actually much older than the Hylian man. The Hylian man promised he would become more muscular much to the Zora girl's delight. Sigh... yeah.

Not even the first time Nintendo did something like this... I remember that side quest about reuniting Anju and Kafei in Majora's Mask.

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

Yeah, but Skyward Sword tho
But she didn't die in that game tho.

That's not creepy. You want creepy? How about that side quest about playing matchmaker for a Hylian man and a Zora girl? It was explained that the Zora girl is actually much older than the Hylian man. The Hylian man promised he would become more muscular much to the Zora girl's delight. Sigh... yeah.

Not even the first time Nintendo did something like this... I remember that side quest about reuniting Anju and Kafei in Majora's Mask.
Yeah I remember watching a review for Major's Mask and when the person brought it up, I thought the guy with the blue hair was her younger brother well until he said "happy couple" and just though to myself "Dang it japan".

Wolley2xjd

Doesn't she die at the very end after having fulfilled her duties? She passes away, going all FFX pyreflies by fading into light.
Wow really? That's messed up Nintendo, how are you going to kill my girl off like that, that's ice cold yo.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Wow really? That's messed up Nintendo, how are you going to kill my girl off like that, that's ice cold yo.
I'm very sorry if that was a spoiler. I figured you'd already played SS. I asked for spoiler tags for BotW earlier, but forgot to use them myself. :c

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
People complaining about Skyward Sword spoilers always bugged me. Cause it seems like many people played it, but not many have finished it.

And I think that's a shame cause Skyward Sword was fun, and legitimately a good game. Say it again, best dungeons, best combat, good boss battles and quite dificult at times even. It was my best Zelda experience since Wind Waker, easily.

Also I think that the ending was great and gives you a lot of reasons to replay the game. Impa alone made me want to replay the game. Was great how deep her role was in that game. End game made it even better, and I think if many more finished the actual game, Impa support would be even bigger and more widespread.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Never played many Zelda games but spoiled myself through utube years ago...and I read hyrule hystoria only after 1-2 games XD.

Tho I'm sure theres a lot I don't know about the endings, I just watched the cinematics so..yh. Impa had a great cool fight.
And I cri in the TP ending with the tear and SS with old impa. Dunno how much I would have cri-ed if I acc played them for first time and blind playthrough. ....need to finish off TP HD in the summer b4 BotW.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm addicted to Breath of the Wild. It's so amazing. I defeated Ganon, completed all the side quests, found all 120 shrines, and found all 900 Korok seeds. So there's nothing left to do... so I decided to start over from the beginning! So I deleted my save data and now I am doing the same things I did before but now I know where I am, know where to look, and know what to expect.

It's now one of my top 5 favorite Zelda games of all time.

A Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
The Wind Waker
Breath of the Wild

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'm addicted to Breath of the Wild. It's so amazing. I defeated Ganon, completed all the side quests, found all 120 shrines, and found all 900 Korok seeds. So there's nothing left to do... so I decided to start over from the beginning! So I deleted my save data and now I am doing the same things I did before but now I know where I am, know where to look, and know what to expect.

It's now one of my top 5 favorite Zelda games of all time.

A Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
The Wind Waker
Breath of the Wild
Awesome! ...but...why delete that save data?
Should have kept it and started another....

btw how long did that take you to do?

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
What you don't like Link: The faces of evil or Zelda: The Wand of Ganelong?

But in all seriousness, am I the only person who thinks those games all need a remake?
This is one of the few times where I'd be inclined to say that you may indeed be the only one.

The games have little to offer (if anything) that would be worth going through the trouble of remaking them. Nintendo had no hand in their creation aside from lending out the rights, so I doubt they'd even consider it.

I'd like them to revisit the idea of giving Zelda her own game, but preferably it'd be something entirely new and not trying to rework the old CD-i's poor excuses for games. If there was a case of wasted potential then maybe, but these were just bad.

The meme potential is the only thing of real worth that I can think of that they could have, which while I'm usually all for, this is again, one of the few cases where I don't think it'd be a good thing.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Forget I even brought it up.
I'm not trying to argue with you, you know. I just personally dislike those games as games, but also love them because of how bad they are. When I say they have little worth as games it's because of how poorly designed they are. It's not to say they have nothing going for them, hence why I addressed the cheesy meme machine side of things.

If they really tried, I'm sure they could make something out of them, but at that point it wouldn't really be the same. It'd either just be a regular old Zelda, or an extremely campy cheese-fest that would anger the rest of the fanbase.

Sorry if I came off as harsh, I didn't mean to.

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

or an extremely campy cheese-fest that would anger the rest of the fanbase.
Good, Zelda fans are second worst Nintendo fanbase right next to Pokemon fans.

Seriously SCREW Zelda fans.

Also I know you weren't trying to be rude so it's fine.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Good, Zelda fans are second worst Nintendo fanbase right next to Pokemon fans.

Seriously SCREW Zelda fans.
I wouldn't go as far as to say that either really. All fanbases have their bad apples, and in most cases it just so happens that these same people are very loud. The usual vocal minority sort of thing.

Wolley2xjd

I wouldn't go as far as to say that either really. All fanbases have their bad apples, and in most cases it just so happens that these same people are very loud. The usual vocal minority sort of thing.
Nope **** the Zelda fanbase period

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Nope **** the Zelda fanbase period
Again, that's hastily throwing a lot of fans under the bus based on a generally minor crowd of people, but alright, I suppose you have your reasons. We should probably get back to discussing Impa.

Suppose the next Impa takes after her Oracles design. What do have in mind for what she can do or what archetype/playstyle she could fill in Smash?

Wolley2xjd

Again, that's hastily throwing a lot of fans under the bus based on a generally minor crowd of people, but alright, I suppose you have your reasons. We should probably get back to discussing Impa.

Suppose the next Impa takes after her Oracles design. What do have in mind for what she can do or what archetype/playstyle she could fill in Smash?
Well my idea would be that she would be a grappler type of fighter, Sakurai wants characters with their thing right?

Well being a grappler could be her own thing.

She would be a heavy fighter who can use her grapples can be used to mix up other fighters or just annoy your opponent.

My idea for her down special would be her picking up an jar and throwing it in an arc and you would be able to carry it around if you hold the special button but if you get hit the jar will break and an rupee will fall out and you'll be able to collect, won't doing but make that classic sound when ever collect a rupee in a Zelda game.

You can kinda get the idea for what type of fighter she would be.

Size wise she would be the same size has Ganondorf but would be lighter then him.

Design wise she would look cartoon but not like Toon Link and would have more realistic breasts. (so sorry no jingle physics for you)

I have more but i'm saving it for when I post her full moveset here so you're just gonna have to wait.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Well my idea would be that she would be a grappler type of fighter, Sakurai wants characters with their thing right?

Well being a grappler could be her own thing.

She would be a heavy fighter who can use her grapples can be used to mix up other fighters or just annoy your opponent.

My idea for her down special would be her picking up an jar and throwing it in an arc and you would be able to carry it around if you hold the special button but if you get hit the jar will break and an rupee will fall out and you'll be able to collect, won't doing but make that classic sound when ever collect a rupee in a Zelda game.

You can kinda get the idea for what type of fighter she would be.

Size wise she would be the same size has Ganondorf but would be lighter then him.

Design wise she would look cartoon but not like Toon Link and would have more realistic breasts. (so sorry no jingle physics for you)

I have more buy i'm saving it for when I post her full moveset here so you're just gonna have to wait.
The pot/jar + rupee easter egg idea is actually pretty clever. Definitely the first time I've seen anyone use it. That last bit seems a little odd though, I don't quite follow. Doesn't seem like something that'd even be relevant design wise either

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Awesome! ...but...why delete that save data?
Should have kept it and started another....

btw how long did that take you to do?
Approximately 300 hours. I get lost often or get sidetracked all the time or searched for Korok seeds. But now I am more familiar with BOTW's Hyrule. The eastern coast has all my favorite regions... Akkala, Hateno, Lanayru, and Faron.

This time, I'm gonna find all Koroks and shrines in one region before I move on to the next. I'm just gonna use the interactive map the whole time instead of getting lost and stumbling upon shrines and Korok seeds like I did the first time.

Wolley2xjd

The pot/jar + rupee easter egg idea is actually pretty clever. Definitely the first time I've seen anyone use it. That last bit seems a little odd though, I don't quite follow. Doesn't seem like something that'd even be relevant design wise either
What you mean the part where i'm saying she'll look cartoony?

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
What you mean the part where i'm saying she'll look cartoony?
The breast physics thing. I'd imagine that sort of thing simply doesn't apply to Smash. It's never been in the games before as far as I can tell, and likely won't ever be used given the target audience/rating. Plus it seems like a weird thing to point out you know?

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

The breast physics thing. I'd imagine that sort of thing simply doesn't apply to Smash. It's never been in the games before as far as I can tell, and likely won't ever be used given the target audience/rating. Plus it seems like a weird thing to point out you know?
Yeah I know, I was more or less joking about it. :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Amazing breast graphics and or physics or not, don't expect Impa to return like in Oracles. Am pretty sure that Old Lady and Royal Bodyguard are gonna be her main roles from now. Would be cool if we got exactly BOTW's Impa in a BOTE sequel. Since the Zelda Team has expressed interest in keeping Huge Hyule around, it could be possible.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Amazing breast graphics and or physics or not, don't expect Impa to return like in Oracles. Am pretty sure that Old Lady and Royal Bodyguard are gonna be her main roles from now. Would be cool if we got exactly BOTW's Impa in a BOTE sequel. Since the Zelda Team has expressed interest in keeping Huge Hyule around, it could be possible.
BOTE? brink of the end? sounds dark.
inb4 Impa gets a role she never had before and may not even be a shiekha anymore due to some magic ritual as punishment for her crimes.

But yes I agree. There doesn't seem to be any change from either warrior impa or old nanny impa these days. inb4 she's a fast jujitsu blue energy ninja grandma with swords on her feet

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If she can be a kick ass grandma, am all for it actually. They missed out on that in Breath of the Wild. I just wish they respected her old roles more. Then again, Ganon also had it bad in Breath of the Wild.

Still hoping for a HD remake of quite possibly the least popular Zelda entry ever... :urg:

Skyward Sword was the last game I ever bought so it has a special place in my heart. Sucks how people don't appreciate the game.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If she can be a kick *** grandma, am all for it actually. They missed out on that in Breath of the Wild. I just wish they respected her old roles more. Then again, Ganon also had it bad in Breath of the Wild.

Still hoping for a HD remake of quite possibly the least popular Zelda entry ever... :urg:

Skyward Sword was the last game I ever bought so it has a special place in my heart. Sucks how people don't appreciate the game.
which is weird cause i seem to recall everyone raved for it when it first came out

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
which is weird cause i seem to recall everyone raved for it when it first came out
Exactly! And it got a whole lot of love and attention from Nintendo. So many trailers, a lot of promotion, generally everyone was extremely hyped for Skyward Sword. And the initial reception was also great. I just noticed a lot of people who started playing never actually finished the game.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Exactly! And it got a whole lot of love and attention from Nintendo. So many trailers, a lot of promotion, generally everyone was extremely hyped for Skyward Sword. And the initial reception was also great. I just noticed a lot of people who started playing never actually finished the game.
well i guess in the long run it was their loss, not that theyd see it that way they must have really not enjoyed it not to see it all the way to the end, or just couldn't be bothered

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
well i guess in the long run it was their loss, not that theyd see it that way they must have really not enjoyed it not to see it all the way to the end, or just couldn't be bothered
Think I've stated in this thread many times before that Skyward Sword was a solid game. So I won't bother with that anymore. I just patiently wait for them to appriciate the HD remake and see how much of a story Skyward Sword had, which I always thought was one of it's strongest points. Outside of Zelda's role, all other characters are pretty solid. Impa especially has one of the more deeper roles, and this becomes increasingly noticable once you finish the game. Which is why I was pretty frustrated when I was discussing Impa's importance during Smash 4's speculation. :laugh: People where saying that Ghirahim was a better character overall, but guess what? He's barely talked about these days.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ahhh, this brings back memories.

Back then I was not too fond of the idea of Impa, but now I can say that she'd be a welcome addition. Not entirely hype inducing but a pretty decent choice, wouldn't mind if she replaced Sheik just as you suggested all those years ago. Even though I remember criticizing that idea and declaring Ghirahim the superior candidate. :laugh:

And unfortunately Breath of the Wild did not do upcoming Smashes much of a service in terms of the roster, so there's not much in the way of it.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

Back then I was not too fond of the idea of Impa, but now I can say that she'd be a welcome addition. Not entirely hype inducing but a pretty decent choice, wouldn't mind if she replaced Sheik just as you suggested all those years ago. Even though I remember criticizing that idea and declaring Ghirahim the superior candidate. :laugh:

And unfortunately Breath of the Wild did not do upcoming Smashes much of a service in terms of the roster, so there's not much in the way of it.
Breath of the Wild gave us Kilton which would be a very cool character.

As for Impa, I think Diddy brought up that she could use a Time Orb (I dunno what it's called, she uses it to close the Gate of Time in Skyward Sword) for Smash Bros. and if they were to go that route, powers like Stasis and Magnesis could very well be used in conjunction with that.

I don't think BoTW gave a whole new playstyle when it comes to Impa's Smash portrayal but rather these two powers to complement her in her playstyle of Time Warrior

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Well honestly people wanting Ghirahim also had a great deal to do with how Nintendo presented Skyward Sword, especially with the trailers. I remember a lot of people speculating about the identity of this 'new' Sheikah character (judging by her design, she easily could've been). And people liked the quirkyness of Ghirahim, and I don't remember the game being hated on at all after it's release! Couple of people argueing that if you wanted to Zelda, OOT3DS was a better choice, but mostly everyone was positive. It was praised for being very unique and even challenging.

Who knows how people are going to regard Breath of the Wild in the near future? Wind Waker, for example, was a game which faced a lot of critisism before it's release due to the celshaded graphics. Nowadays, people often regard it as the best Zelda. :4tlink:

Am just dissapointed that Skyward Sword is often named worst 3D Zelda, while it did many of the same things Wind Waker did in terms of uniqueness. It has tons of dungeons and are very challenging actually, something that was lacking in a lot of Zelda games (or just only a couple of dungeons in one game). It had way more challenging combat than in any other 3D Zelda game, and yes am counting BotW cause of Flurry Rush. Also items where fun and multi functional during the whole game, and upgrading them was nice, and gave you reasons to revisit areas to look for items to forge new weapons.

Sure there was no overworld to speak of, that's what laid the foundation for Breath of the Wild I assume. But I wish they would attain some sort of middle ground between those two exact games. Zelda seems to be stuck in a sort of extremist pattern, where each next Zelda game has to overcompensate for the things the last title lacked. Just watch how 3D Zelda evolved from Ocarina of Time, to Wind Waker, to Twilight Princess, to Skyward Sword, to Breath of the Wild.

From OOT onward, each game was met with a lot of divided opinions about it.

-Wind Waker was too cutsy and had no dungeons and the Great Sea was "boring" (disagree) they said.
-Twilght Princess was 'obligationary Ocarina of Time sequel' with the more darker and realistic graphics and forced random Ganondorf encounter (his last proper role actually) also Midna was more important than Link, Zelda and Ganondorf. Also empy overworld.

Yet these games are constantly praised and amongst the more popular titles. They sure are great games, but I still think Skyward Sword was massively slept on. The motion conrols might not have worked for everyone, but once you get the hang of it, it's brilliant and fun.

They added a whole lot of dept to excisting characters in quite a brilliant way I think. Link's relationship with Fi, and thus his eternal bond to the Master Sword, Zelda being Hylia, Demise being the prime sort of evil who is the reason Ganon(dorf) excists, Impa and her double role and extreme loyalty to both Hylia and Zelda, and there's Ghirahim who's also just cool to be around.

Yeah I know how you used to dislike the idea! Glad you changed your mind actually. And I've seen far more people opening up to the idea ever since Smash 4 came out.

I actually supported Ghirahim and Impa, and hoped we'd get both of them in a double reveal like Robin and Lucina. :4robinm::4lucina: I also wished this would've happened with King K.Rool and Dixie Kong. :urg: I would've taken them as clones even, Impa and Dixie Kong I mean. I still wouldn't exactly mind if Impa was an alternative character to Sheik, much like Alph is to Olimar. Yes, waste of potential, but Diddy and Sheik clones with different stat distrubutions would be amazing on it's own. Plus, Zelda and DKC need an extra character, desperately.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I know for sure I never finished the game. It kept making me fall asleep after 10 minutes of playing... it almost felt monotonous that playing felt like a chore... and the motion controls felt unintuitive. I stopped playing after clearing the first dungeon. I'm hoping Nintendo will make Skyward Sword HD for Switch with similar controls like Breath of the Wild, a game I stayed awake for hours in one sitting every day that I clocked in over 300 hours.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I know for sure I never finished the game. It kept making me fall asleep after 10 minutes of playing... it almost felt monotonous that playing felt like a chore... and the motion controls felt unintuitive. I stopped playing after clearing the first dungeon. I'm hoping Nintendo will make Skyward Sword HD for Switch with similar controls like Breath of the Wild, a game I stayed awake for hours in one sitting every day that I clocked in over 300 hours.
Oh c'mon man, give me a break. I never expected such quitter mentality from the guy that was a Day 01 Duck Hunt Duo supporter! :4duckhunt:

Let me just ask you one thing. Did you play and finish Twilight Princess for Wii? If so, I fail to see how you couldn't complete Skyward Sword, or didn't have the patience to master the controls. Cause Skyward Sword's control scheme is everything that Twilight Princess (for Wii) should've been.

Also the first dungeon wasn't all that special, and you are a bloody liar for saying that you finished after 10 minutes of playing cause the actual first dungeon comes after about... 2 hours into the game I think. It's later in the game that you will experience the most unique, challenging and fun dungeons in all of 3D Zelda. Believe me on this.

Flying on the Loftwing sucks. If you plan on finishing Skyward Sword, learn to respect the overworld for what it is. There's cool stuff to do later on, but don't go on useless "exploration" missions, cause there's nothing. At least, in the sky. It's cool to revisit some old areas afterwards, and you will. So the game does use it's locations to the fullest, something Twilight Princess absolutely didn't do.

Just wanna say, Skyward Sword used the most out of the Wii's control scheme. More than any other first party Nintendo game. If you could stand waggling your way through Twilight Princess, I think it's almost hypocritical to hate on Skyward Sword so hard. The story is worth it, as are the dungeons and the gameplay.

Now I want that HD remake. :urg:

Top Bottom