• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Second Best Wario Ware Employee: Mona for SSB4 (It's Been An Honor Serving Hot Slices Until Now)

zon

Smash Cadet
I'm almost done with Toon Zelda. I'm just taking a little break from her and decided to work on someone else for now. I thought I should try doing Mona next. I started working on her today but I'm already pretty far along with her now. I'm really starting to improve on my pace with character modelling which is great If I'm hoping to start my potential career on games development. c:

And sure, I'll show my progress once I get to the texture painting part. c:
Can't wait to see them.

zon

Smash Cadet
So you are working on both Toon Zelda and Mona? That's actually pretty good and I hope to see a beta screenshot (or the final product when it's fully finished) of her model in the near future. If there's one thing that rarely exist, it's 3D models of Mona.
I don't think a 3D model of Mona exists.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't think a 3D model of Mona exists.
Exactly. I mean we could have had one for a trophy in Smash, then Sakurai thought that 2D trophies with multiple poses were a better idea.

Although, I get what he's trying to do since he wants the Rhythm Heaven and WarioWare trophies to seem unique in their own way. But having a 3D trophy for the entire cast (more than just Ashley and Katana) would have been so much better.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I found a really awesome Japanese support Wario post of Mona
Too cute, and she looks more like her old design in the post. :love:

It's actually pretty shocking that she would get at least one support post in Japan when the majority worship the likes of Ashley (mostly because they can't resist their gothic lolitas) there.

zon

Smash Cadet
Too cute, and she looks more like her old design in the post. :love:

It's actually pretty shocking that she would get at least one support post in Japan when the majority worship the likes of Ashley (mostly because they can't resist their gothic lolitas) there.
IKR lol. I think its pretty interesting to go through the japanese Miiverse posts. here a link to Japan's Wario support Miiverse. https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073037273112/14866558073691933581

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

zon

Smash Cadet
Japan's Wario Miiverse is mostly filled with Wario and Ashley. But I notice in the North America and Europe Miiverse has quite a bit of Mona and I think it quite bit more then Ashley to.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wow Pretty awesome new post in Japan's Wario Miiverse posts
Given that Mona actually hangs out with Ashley at some points due to the latter's loneliness, this is a cute and perfect post.

And like that fact, most of the more interesting things about the WarioWare cast is normally revealed in the Japanese instruction manuals and websites.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So if Mona made it in what do you think her victory theme would be? Asking this because I can't really imagine Mona sharing Wario's current theme.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So if Mona made it in what do you think her victory theme would be? Asking this because I can't really imagine Mona sharing Wario's current theme.
Maybe a snippet of the WarioWare Smooth Moves Victory Theme? Not only it suits the cheerful side of her character, but it does have that WarioWare feel to it.

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
I was imagining her Smooth moves victory theme, and at the last note transitions to the victory theme from Mega MicroGame$!.

Marrow

3DS FC
1993-9950-1450

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey guys, out of curiosity, does Mona have a big fan following after Ashley? Cause if she does... https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/...in-the-battle-sakurai-famitsu-column-vol-481/
It's fairly obvious that Ashley has a larger fanbase of any character in Japan. They even still request her after the fact that she became an Assist Trophy (kind of like the Ridley supporters).

As much as hate being a pessimist, I doubt she has that much support going for her around the world to warrant being a DLC character. We would have to aim bigger like the K. Rool and Isaac fans in order to really get Sakurai's attention.

Marrow

3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
It's fairly obvious that Ashley has a larger fanbase of any character in Japan. They even still request her after the fact that she became an Assist Trophy (kind of like the Ridley supporters).

As much as hate being a pessimist, I doubt she has that much support going for her around the world to warrant being a DLC character. We would have to aim bigger like the K. Rool and Isaac fans in order to really get Sakurai's attention.
One thing though, if the dev team stays adamant with not removing assist trophies, but the Ashley support is still strong... there's a chance it'll translate to "people want more Wa in their life. Let's give them more Wa."

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
One thing though, if the dev team stays adamant with not removing assist trophies, but the Ashley support is still strong... there's a chance it'll translate to "people want more Wa in their life. Let's give them more Wa."
That may be true since @Erotic&Heretic told me something similar in the past. While Magnus was the most wanted Kid Icarus character in Japan, that doesn't mean that he will be made into a playable character immediately. So any impossible character getting so much support means that it translates to people wanting more reps for that series in general. Magnus getting hyped means people want more Kid Icarus, Ashley hype means more WarioWare love, Ridley support means more Metroid for the fans, and much more.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Mona always felt like the clear "second step" after Wario to me as far as Wario Ware characters are concerned. It's a bit of a shame not as much interest goes out for her even though I think she'd make for a very fun addition....
(Not that there is anything wrong with the likes of Ashley and 9-Volt etc though as I'm very sure they'd make for very fun additions too)

Oh well, different strokes for different blokes I guess.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Mona always felt like the clear "second step" after Wario to me as far as Wario Ware characters are concerned. It's a bit of a shame not as much interest goes out for her even though I think she'd make for a very fun addition....
(Not that there is anything wrong with the likes of Ashley and 9-Volt etc though as I'm very sure they'd make for very fun additions too)

Oh well, different strokes for different blokes I guess.
I know right? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Ashley as well, I just personally feel that Mona is the "true" second Wario rep if Ashley (by some strange reason) doesn't happen anytime soon.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Somehow, I can see them making the WarioWare characters into Mii alternate costume, like they did with Dunban. It would be an easy way to please everybody.
I can see this being the case considering all the work they go into having these outfits. We had Dunban, two versions of Mega Man, Majora's Mask, the Inklings, Heihachi Mishima, the Virtua Fighter Duo, Isabelle, and Proto Mans so far. A few WarioWare outfits to promote Game & Wario or any new title wouldn't be too bad, but I can see Rhythm Heaven being more likely since the development team just got done with Best+.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I can see this being the case considering all the work they go into having these outfits. We had Dunban, two versions of Mega Man, Majora's Mask, the Inklings, Heihachi Mishima, the Virtua Fighter Duo, Isabelle, and Proto Mans so far. A few WarioWare outfits to promote Game & Wario or any new title wouldn't be too bad, but I can see Rhythm Heaven being more likely since the development team just got done with Best+.
BTW, is it true that Isabelle was highly requested to be playable in Smash 4? According to the Direct that released Lucas, Roy, and Ryu, I don't if it was a translation error, I didn't hear it right, or my mind is simply playing tricks on me, but from what the translator translated from Sakurai, either Isabelle was highly requested to be a playable character in Smash 4, or she was planned, but for some reason or another, she didn't make the cut.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
BTW, is it true that Isabelle was highly requested to be playable in Smash 4? According to the Direct that released Lucas, Roy, and Ryu, I don't if it was a translation error, I didn't hear it right, or my mind is simply playing tricks on me, but from what the translator translated from Sakurai, either Isabelle was highly requested to be a playable character in Smash 4, or she was planned, but for some reason or another, she didn't make the cut.
Just rewatched the video and hee was only referring to the cut clones like Lucas and Roy.

Even after Villager was confirmed, there was little support for Isabelle before the day she became an Assist Trophy.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Just rewatched the video and hee was only referring to the cut clones like Lucas and Roy.

Even after Villager was confirmed, there was little support for Isabelle before the day she became an Assist Trophy.
Oh, okay. BTW, you did see the section where they were talking about downloadable Mii Fighter outfits, right? That's where I feel like I may have heard it...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh, okay. BTW, you did see the section where they were talking about downloadable Mii Fighter outfits, right? That's where I feel like I may have heard it...
It more along the lines of series popularity than the popularity of the characters themselves. So in a way, he's saying that any series can be represented as a Mii Fighter costume if they are as popular as Mega Man or Animal crossing.

zon

Smash Cadet
Wow Pretty awesome new post in Japan's Wario Miiverse posts
I going to translate this one later. This one has Kanji which is harder for me to translate. But the first line that Mona says Oji-sama no..... I wonder in the Japanese Warioware does Mona call Wario Oji-sama. also inso in Japanese.
no = ~'s
hikaru no go = hikaru's go

no = of
ichi ritoru no namida = one liter of tear

there are lots of meaning of 'no'
's, of, to, with, in, at, on, by, for, from

Last edited:

Marrow

3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
Wait... why would we call this thread "the second best WarioWare employee?" Wario (the implied 1st) is the employer. That makes us Employee of the Month, every month.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait... why would we call this thread "the second best WarioWare employee?" Wario (the implied 1st) is the employer. That makes us Employee of the Month, every month.
That's because she is usually the second of the WarioWare employees (other than Wario himself) who's level you play in every WarioWare title. While Jimmy T on the other hand would be the third one to play despite him and Wario "going way back".

If it's a bit confusing, then I can feel free to tweak the title a bit.

Marrow

3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
That's because she is usually the second of the WarioWare employees (other than Wario himself) who's level you play in every WarioWare title. While Jimmy T on the other hand would be the third one to play despite him and Wario "going way back".

If it's a bit confusing, then I can feel free to tweak the title a bit.
nah it's fine, i'm just being a nut :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
nah it's fine, i'm just being a nut :p
Alright, I get you crazy nut. It's good to have a laugh once in a while and I've got to play Smooth Moves over my girlfriend's house this weekend. Mona's levels are usually my favorite in each game since they seem to be the weirdest (and funniest) in comparison to the other levels.

zon

Smash Cadet
I just made and sent Sakurai's Japanese Twitter this Mona picture. I hope he see it probably not though lol.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I don't think I'm on the supporter's list, can someone add me?

What costume would you guys like Mona to appear in, if she only had one. I like her first one personally :)

zon

Smash Cadet

What costume would you guys like Mona to appear in, if she only had one. I like her first one personally :)
Personality I want her first look. But I can see them using Game & Wario look which I'm ok with.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Added. Thanks for the reminder.

I would indefinitely love for the first outfit to be used, but I have that sinking feeling that she will be wearing her reporter outfit from Game & Wario. Though a combination of both designs (The black eyes of Game & Wario and the usual outfit from the first game) would be something that I'd be fine with.

Top Bottom