• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Schism

Chaco

Never Logs In
Link to original post: [drupal=644]The Schism[/drupal]

Well, we all knew wit would happen. Our group of friends who played Brawl everyday, slowly, drifted apart. There were many reasons to this. Few know the main reason that our group divided. There are 3 who truly know what went on with me in that chat. The reason I tried to act spiteful towards a person. But that person doesn't know, and I don't feel that I will ever tell them. But the others who know said "If only you would've told me sooner". That was the beginning of the end.

Then our clan merged with another, this completely killed what was left. Our chat now remains empty. Our group of friends split. Some will not speak to others. They have their reasons. But I feel as if it was not meant to end that way.

Our clan had long since been inactive. We just hung around there and played Brawl. All of our abilities increased during the time, so it's not as if it was a waste of time. We played teams religiously. Every time someone uttered the word teams, there was a match up within the next 5-10 minutes. And those matches would last for hours.

Our group spawned from the biggest thread that SWF has seen, or so I believe. The welcome thread of Heartz. It went from a 400 page welcome thread, to a tournament (lasted until early thousands, to a rambling bunch of friends around 1400. Then someone trolled it and had it shut down. But by then we had a clan up and running, and a site. Which slowly died afterward. So we remained using the xat chat. Up until yesterday. When everything fell apart.

Cinder

Smash Master
Even I enjoyed the place until the past couple of weeks...I may have never played Brawl with you guys (for obvious reasons), but you guys were still like a family to me...I hope the rest of the gang sees this...we really need to make sure we don't split entirely...

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
It was fun while it lasted, I guess. Oh well.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well it can't be helped Luke.

Well it can, but....well y'know.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
At this point, I'm willing to do what I can to help. It may be futile in the grand scheme of things, but I really have too much connection to the people here to give up without a fight. Certain people here know that I have been willing to play diplomat between the clan members, and that resolve has been strengthened now due to everything that happened in the first few days. Of course, I don't think my previous attempts have worked too well before, but I suppose it's worth a shot if it could at least lessen the hostilities a little bit.

My aim is not necessarily even to bring everyone back together. I suppose I just want us to go in a better way, instead of a big schism like how it is now. People separate, that's a fact of life whether we're talking online or in the real world, but I guess I just don't want to see everyone leave hating each other.

Selfish? Maybe. Immature? Perhaps. But considering I wanted to leave this group shortly before the incident occurred, and now I feel my main purpose of staying here is to do what I can to help this broken clan and its clashing members, I feel like I need to do what I can before everything really does fade away.

And I just realized... I still have the NeW Horizon banner from back when the forums still existed. At first I was just too lazy to remove it, but now I think I'll keep it there. A nice little reminder for myself and the others who I'm trying to work things out with.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
You guys are being overdramatic <.<, but lets face it, we all know the 2 individuals to be blamed here, and Im not gonna sugarcoat it, but Pro and Chaco are the reason things got out of hand, and there constant bickering and attitude to another person, which is what caused this fine mess. Atlest your not ignorant and accept it Kyle.

Besides, I dont give up easily, once everyone grows up a lil, Ill have a little something special ready, so dont go getting rusty during that time.

ProBrawler

Smash Lord
Westchester, NY ; Cornell University in the school
If you're not going to sugarcoat it, why not tell the other person involved as well? And it's not like that person isn't to blame, don't make it sound like we're the only bad guys here. I'm just looking at things through a practical perspective. Our personalities clash. It's not like I have anything personally against this person. I wish this person the best, and as such it'd be best if I stay away from this individual as much as possible. Otherwise, I'll eventually have to point these things out, be blunt. I wont be able to stand certain characteristics and will not be able to hold back. Even if I didn't say anything, the tensions would still be palpable. And that will only lead to more trouble. Heh, all of this over a conflict in values between 2-3 people. That's life, people have different personalities. Sometimes these individuals can get along. But in other circumstances, for complex reasons, people with different views can not get along. But that doesn't mean everything around them has to collapse. Friends can be friends without being their friend's friend. Though I suppose the problem with this situation is that we're both stubborn loudmouths. Politically speaking, we both have a major impact on the chat, if we butted heads then things were bound to go wrong. But honestly, a disagreement between 2-3 people shouldn't warrant such a break as this.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Is it because I main Shiek? Lolz.

Chaco

Never Logs In
You guys are being overdramatic <.<, but lets face it, we all know the 2 individuals to be blamed here, and Im not gonna sugarcoat it, but Pro and Chaco are the reason things got out of hand, and there constant bickering and attitude to another person, which is what caused this fine mess. Atlest your not ignorant and accept it Kyle.

Besides, I dont give up easily, once everyone grows up a lil, Ill have a little something special ready, so dont go getting rusty during that time.
True.

Well, we'll have to see what it is.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Not the right time to post it, but I need a match to warm up for a tournament. Someone play me.

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
Well, it's allready been told to me that a few of the ppl in the old chat blame me for this, well, those of you who deceved me into thinking I was thier friend, thx for making me remember why I dont really trust ppl online. I had fun anyway, you guys know where to find me.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Well, it's allready been told to me that a few of the ppl in the old chat blame me for this, well, those of you who deceved me into thinking I was thier friend, thx for making me remember why I dont really trust ppl online. I had fun anyway, you guys know where to find me.
It's not you. It's whoever thought merging would actually help things's fault.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Oh okay. Cause really I knew he wanted the merge, as of that I knew of no one else. o-o
Same. I just assumed it was Naos and Mitsu until I figured someone from our clan had to confirm it.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
I wasn't even here when this whole thing happened so I really don't know who could have done it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Wasn't Adam. We both quit about an hour or two before it happened.
There went my guess. Well, dunno who then.

I say unmerge get the chat back together and everyone is happy. And I need to talk to you are you in the chat?

Top Bottom