• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I HAVE GREAT NEWS FOR US GUYS AND GALS!
The very next Smashified character is gonna be a Mario-character. (Source: Artsy Omni's Twitter)

This heavily decreases our hypothetical competition, with only Geno, Toad or WAA being in the race as well.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
The very next Smashified character is gonna be a Mario-character. (Source: Artsy Omni's Twitter)

This heavily decreases our hypothetical competition, with only Geno, Toad or WAA being in the race as well.
Actually, considering I've posted on every of his most recent videos (aka two or three videos), and the fact that one of us commented on every of his videos, the chance of it being Daisy can be quite decent.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Anybody have a link to the Twitter page?
Here you go. I really need to find some room to have this in the OP.

https://twitter.com/Daisy4Smash

He already worked on Geno in the past, so he's out of the running. I'll even show you some proof if you don't believe me.

I've just interviewed Daisy, and, like me, she doesn't like any of them. These are my reasons:
Rayman: Third-party, doesn't have top priority.
K. Rool: Annoying boss who just have fans because they think "the DK series is lacking a villain", even when they know the sub-series aren't forced to have a complete circle of characters, unlike the main series (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby... that means Metroid villains could have more of a chance than him).
Takamaru: Already an AT ("in the flesh" and officialy de-confirmed by extend... If he's able to be an in-game playable character, then Waluigi too, and that would give Daisy less chances).

These are her reasons:
Rayman: "He looks weird. He's definitely not the kind of person I would like to meet, even in battle."
K. Rool: "THIS GUY HAS GOT TO BE 1ST ON MY UGLY PERSONS LIST! ... Even Tatanga isn't THAT ugly!"
Takamaru: "I'm afraid that, if this guy gets in, Waluigi may have some chances due to also being an AT. At least I'm not an AT. Plus, I don't want an unfair battle against some guy who got in thanks to his fans, even though he's already an Assist Trophy."

Please take something else into account, I've already made a Top 5 (and even possibly a Top 10), and none of the characters I've chosen seems to have problems that aren't "muh, not enough fans".

Looks like I've found someone who won't be invited to the "secret group". And it's such a shame since there are at least 108 members that might want to disagree with you on the Predetermined Role statement. Embarrass

Just because a character is an AT doesn't mean you can't push for them in a way where he'll know that character has enough support to even warrant an inclusion in the very next Smash title. Even the Japanese ballot site implied that this was the case. Fact of the matter is that ol Sak is going to be proven wrong on the whole "lack of familiarity argument" and this is the same guy who's adding a fighting game character (Ryu) when he said that he didn't want them the first place. Better than sitting around and admitting defeat, especially if this a character that you've been backing up for YEARS. #SlashtheVote

But enough of that, I would rather not being a bad mood on my sister's graduation party and everything's going to be jolly old fun. Which reminds me, I'll be off line for a while soon as the guests show up since this is an important family get-together to enjoy.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

He already worked on Geno in the past, so he's out of the running. I'll even show you some proof if you don't believe me.

Looks like I've found someone who won't be invited to the "secret group". And it's such a shame since there are at least 108 members that might want to disagree with you on the Predetermined Role statement. Embarrass

Just because a character is an AT doesn't mean you can't push for them in a way where he'll know that character has enough support to even warrant an inclusion in the very next Smash title. Even the Japanese ballot site implied that this was the case. Fact of the matter is that ol Sak is going to be proven wrong on the whole "lack of familiarity argument" and this is the same guy who's adding a fighting game character (Ryu) when he said that he didn't want them the first place. Better than sitting around and admitting defeat, especially if this a character that you've been backing up for YEARS. #SlashtheVote

But enough of that, I would rather not being a bad mood on my sister's graduation party and everything's going to be jolly old fun. Which reminds me, I'll be off line for a while soon as the guests show up since this is an important family get-together to enjoy.
Thank you! Enjoy yourself and let's hope it's Daisy for the next #Smashify.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I've just interviewed Daisy, and, like me, she doesn't like any of them.[...]K. Rool: Annoying boss who just have fans because they think "the DK series is lacking a villain"[...]
Aaand the game as a whole is lacking in villains, and lacking in heavyweights.

Unless you want to depict Daisy as "kinda evil" like you tried to spin King Boo as "not really evil", and have Daisy be a heavyweight because she eats too much cake from the frustration of not being in Smash? :troll:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Aaand the game as a whole is lacking in villains, and lacking in heavyweights.

Unless you want to depict Daisy as "kinda evil" like you tried to spin King Boo as "not really evil", and have Daisy be a heavyweight because she eats too much cake from the frustration of not being in Smash? :troll:

And people say that Ridley was too big to be playable... :troll:

Thanks for making my morning, Warlock.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
This is just a thought, but what if Daisy knew a bunch of karate moves? Like what if they made it canon that she was a blackbelt?

It'd be funny and cool if she actually practiced martial arts and worked out at the gym in her spare time, in contrast to Peach who does nothing but play games and eat cake.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I've been thinking about how some characters such as the ICE CLIMBERS, have their popularity defined by their appearance in Smash Bros to the point where most exclaimed their disappointment when they were cut for technical reasons. This is the case for almost all veterans such as Snake, Roy and Pichu. If obscure characters such as Birdo got into Smash, surely they will gain a new fanbase that was once impossible pre-Smash.

In fact, most characters are defined by their appearance and prominence in games and this somewhat frustrates me........WHAT OTHER FRANCHISE HAS PLAYABLE CHARACTERS THAT ARE ONLY RESTRICTED TO SPIN-OFFS LIKE IT'S SOME MAGICAL RESTRICTION?!?!?!!!

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
This is just a thought, but what if Daisy knew a bunch of karate moves? Like what if they made it canon that she was a blackbelt?

It'd be funny and cool if she actually practiced martial arts and worked out at the gym in her spare time, in contrast to Peach who does nothing but play games and eat cake.
In the Mario franchise, there is no canon.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I think that wouldn't be surprising if she managed to punch Bowser out of orbit in Mario Party 3. Karate and lifting goes so well with Daisy, that it actually is pretty scary. She might as well be the Sandy Cheeks (Not the bastardized version from the later seasons) of the Super Mario universe.

Geno Boost

Smash Master

He said he is planning on remaking geno in gamexplain video so he isn't out same goes for bomberman

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I think that wouldn't be surprising if she managed to punch Bowser out of orbit in Mario Party 3. Karate and lifting goes so well with Daisy, that it actually is pretty scary. She might as well be the Sandy Cheeks (Not the *******ized version from the later seasons) of the Super Mario universe.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

That might make Daisy a serious contender to become a heavyweight character with deadly haymakers like Bowser/Dedede/DK.

Maybe her forward smash is a thrusting punch like this, that has massive startup time but kills at as low as 60%.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
He would not be that bad if he didn't go insulting other people for not liking Daisy, and if he did not go fan boy mode with a new topic every 2-3 weeks.

EDIT: Could you post that picture with more zoom please? I can't read what it says.
WHAT?!?!?!? The picture is overly small just like @ StarCrystal20 StarCrystal20 's Omegle post....

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've been researching more about Michaellol, and he doesn't seem like a bad guy. Just passionate. Look at this article making him look horrible due to his poor reputation.

He even made this collage. Too big to show so here's a link.
It's official, this guy is definitely on par with BonQuiQui and EqualityIsGood levels of infamy. Seeing that example of his popularity in Smashboards is enough to make me wish Soul Blazer was back with his old signature. Poor guy with his extreme levels of optimism and trolling. :troll:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

That might make Daisy a serious contender to become a heavyweight character with deadly haymakers like Bowser/Dedede/DK.

Maybe her forward smash is a thrusting punch like this, that has massive startup time but kills at as low as 60%.

As a Makoto main, I approve of this post.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
It's official, this guy is definitely on par with BonQuiQui and EqualityIsGood levels of infamy. Seeing that example of his popularity in Smashboards is enough to make me wish Soul Blazer was back with his old signature. Poor guy with his extreme levels of optimism and trolling. :troll:

As a Makoto main, I approve of this post.
Then i take it he really is that bad?
What are everyone thoughts on the characters on Mario Strikers Charged? Here are mine:
Mario: Let's a rock and roll!
Peach: Say cheese!
Luigi: Let's a dance Daisy!
Daisy: Rocking badass.
DK: King of drums.
Wario: Pull my polka.
Waluigi: Western time!
Yoshi: Yoshii!
Bowser: Rarrrrrrrrg!
Bowser Jr: Come on!
Diddy Kong: Ariabian deity.
Petey Piranha: Bob Marley incarnate.
Koopa: I like to move it!
Toad: DJ style!
Birdo: Eggtreme time!
Boo: Merry go Boo.
Hammer Bros: That deke and skillshot...
Monty Mole: That tackle and frame...
Shy Guy: The name is Guy, Shy Guy.
Dry Bones: Shocking.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987

Actually, I was saying that if Takamaru gets in, Waluigi may also have a chance (same role means same position, thus same possibility), and if Waluigi isn't out of the question, Daisy will get more concurrence. So, unless you accept that Daisy gets an important concurrence, Takamaru is out of the question.

(Also, I've said it before, the majority of people is a bunch of influencable yet stupid idiots, so these "108 persons" you mentioned are probably all about as influencable as them, due to being part of "the majority".)

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Actually, I was saying that if Takamaru gets in, Waluigi may also have a chance (same role means same position, thus same possibility), and if Waluigi isn't out of the question, Daisy will get more concurrence. So, unless you accept that Daisy gets an important concurrence, Takamaru is out of the question.

(Also, I've said it before, the majority of people is a bunch of influencable yet stupid idiots, so these "108 persons" you mentioned are probably all about as influencable as them, due to being part of "the majority".)
The majority of people are not "influenceable yet stupid idiots". They're intellis that a picture of 9-Volt as your avatar? 9 VOLT 4 SMASH! :psycho:

Oh yes call people who support a video game character idiots. Such exquisite and polite conversation being had here :rolleyes:

Protip. Dont insult people over opinions. Makes you look rude as hell.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace

Gosh I'm so excited!! I really hope he's going to draw Daisy. And hopefully in her sports outfit, too. While the dress is pretty, it may often make people say "Peach clone" right when they see her. The sports outfit is more unique, suits her more, and is stylish as well.

Also similar to how Peach's dress in Smash is much more detailed than how it is in the actual Mario series, do you think if Daisy gets into Smash her outfit will become much more detailed as well?

I feel like they'd do so. I'm imagining Daisy's sports shorts would have little flowers on them or ornate little designs on them, and maybe her tank top would have the same elegant white vertical area that Peach's top has.

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Oh yes call people who support a video game character idiots. Such exquisite and polite conversation being had here :rolleyes:

To be fair, he's not insulting these people in particular because of their opinions; he's saying that people in general have opinions that are subject to easy change, attributing the easiness of the change to the stupidity that he perceives in most folks.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just got done posting that new chapter and those devious fans can read it to their content with me back in action. Not to mention work on the entire event had finally paid off and she left to enjoy one of the best moments of her highschool life.

Other than the whole jig about Omni and the fact he will probably work on Geno for the second time in history, what happened?

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Just got done posting that new chapter and those devious fans can read it to their content with me back in action. Not to mention work on the entire event had finally paid off and she left to enjoy one of the best moments of her highschool life.

Other than the whole jig about Omni and the fact he will probably work on Geno for the second time in history, what happened?

Nothing much. What do you expect to see at the next E3, aside from Ryu as DLC? I really hope they announce something at least related to Daisy, if its an Amiibo I just found a great gift for later on.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Nothing much. What do you expect to see at the next E3, aside from Ryu as DLC? I really hope they announce something at least related to Daisy, if its an Amiibo I just found a great gift for later on.
Another good Mario spinoff, perferably a new Strikers game. But the chances of that happening is low due to the "Punch Out tease" and NLG's next project being more story heavy.

I would probably expect a Mario Golf game due to needing that golf craze every once in a while. Like everyone else, I still expect another wave of Super Mario Amiibo (especially one with Daisy).

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Another good Mario spinoff, perferably a new Strikers game. But the chances of that happening is low due to the "Punch Out tease" and NLG's next project being more story heavy.

I would probably expect a Mario Golf game due to needing that golf craze every once in a while. Like everyone else, I still expect another wave of Super Mario Amiibo (especially one with Daisy).
I agree with another Strikers game. It is one of the best spin-offs out there. Is it just me or is Wario a masochist in Charged? Seeing that when sometimes you send him into the electric fence rather than screaming in pain he sounds as if he enjoys it.

Do you think that Daisy's fan base is small? I like to think that it is by no means small, just that the haters and fanboys make it seem small.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Star Fox, Battletoads, Banjo.

That's what I expect to see at E3.
I myself also expect another game from Rare and it better be a great one unlike Nuts & Bolts. Since they did say that the new title would be "even more fun" than any other game that they've made, I expect it to be a new Banjo or Battletoads game.

I agree with another Strikers game. It is one of the best spin-offs out there. Is it just me or is Wario a masochist in Charged? Seeing that when sometimes you send him into the electric fence rather than screaming in pain he sounds as if he enjoys it.

Do you think that Daisy's fan base is small? I like to think that it is by no means small, just that the haters and fanboys make it seem small.
The thing with Strikers is that every character is either more crazy or sexy unlike how they usually are. Daisy with her hit stuff and Wario's implied masochism for example.

With Daisy's fanbase, I would sadly say that it's not as big as it used to once Rosalina came along. It did used to be pretty sizable despite the appearance of the usual haters.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I myself also expect another game from Rare and it better be a great one unlike Nuts & Bolts. Since they did say that the new title would be "even more fun" than any other game that they've made, I expect it to be a new Banjo or Battletoads game.

The thing with Strikers is that every character is either more crazy or sexy unlike how they usually are. Daisy with her hit stuff and Wario's implied masochism for example.

With Daisy's fanbase, I would sadly say that it's not as big as it used to once Rosalina came along. It did used to be pretty sizable despite the appearance of the usual haters.
I know, not what it was but still a good amount of followers despite the setback, I hope if this campaign is successful, people will once again like Daisy for who she is and not a pretty face or because they are annoyed with her "Hi I'm Daisy" quote. Seriously, people need to grow and stop being fanboys.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
The majority of people are not "influenceable yet stupid idiots". They're intellis that a picture of 9-Volt as your avatar? 9 VOLT 4 SMASH! :psycho:
... Please note that I haven't nominated 9-Volt yet. (Unlike a certain BandannaWaddleDee)
Also, what I meant is that their opinions are often easily changed (not all of them, but probably more than just half of them), and I consider that as of "influenceable stupidity" (aka "sheer ignorance", to be less rude and more exact).

To be fair, he's not insulting these people in particular because of their opinions; he's saying that people in general have opinions that are subject to easy change, attributing the easiness of the change to the stupidity that he perceives in most folks.
Please, at least imagine my situation: There's nobody in the college I go to who likes Nintendo, let alone Smash (I have no friends in that college JUST BECAUSE OF THAT!). All the boys that also go to said college are all "duh, GTA is better because guns and blood and violence" (or a lot of things like that), which is something I completely disagree with, because realistic violence in video games make people more violent out of video games. How else could I consider them? Certainly NOT smart. And right now, we knows that AT and stage bosses are deconfirmed because of their roles in the game, yet people insist on seeing them as playable characters?! ... This is simply NOT logical, and I refuse to believe that people still thinks their AT or Stage Boss characters have a chance (at least SOME people on the RTC thread weren't all like "I don't care what you say, he'll gets in!", even the Geno fans and Spyro fans weren't like that on their favorite character's RTC day, let alone any of us Daisy supporters on her RTC day).

It's more like "sheer ignorance of what's been said" that I would have called them (If I didn't get carried away with my situation being horrible, and the fact that literally everything else I've saw or heard of in the world are all corrupted either way)

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
... Please note that I haven't nominated 9-Volt yet. (Unlike a certain BandannaWaddleDee)
Also, what I meant is that their opinions are often easily changed (not all of them, but probably more than just half of them), and I consider that as of "influenceable stupidity" (aka "sheer ignorance", to be less rude and more exact).

Please, at least imagine my situation: There's nobody in the college I go to who likes Nintendo, let alone Smash (I have no friends in that college JUST BECAUSE OF THAT!). All the boys that also go to said college are all "duh, GTA is better because guns and blood and violence" (or a lot of things like that), which is something I completely disagree with, because realistic violence in video games make people more violent out of video games. How else could I consider them? Certainly NOT smart. And right now, we knows that AT and stage bosses are deconfirmed because of their roles in the game, yet people insist on seeing them as playable characters?! ... This is simply NOT logical, and I refuse to believe that people still thinks their AT or Stage Boss characters have a chance (at least SOME people on the RTC thread weren't all like "I don't care what you say, he'll gets in!", even the Geno fans and Spyro fans weren't like that on their favorite character's RTC day, let alone any of us Daisy supporters on her RTC day).

It's more like "sheer ignorance of what's been said" that I would have called them (If I didn't get carried away with my situation being horrible, and the fact that literally everything else I've saw or heard of in the world are all corrupted either way)
Same here with most of the gaming community here in Mexico, they just like games like GTA or Call Of Duty because "guns are awesome!" or "gangster life! yeah!" and say think stuff like "Nintendo is for kids!" or "Mario Bros is a thing of the past, the good stuff now is guns and blood!".

Sometimes I am ashamed of the country i live in.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
'kay. Use the words you want...

Please, at least imagine my situation: There's nobody in the college I go to who likes Nintendo, let alone Smash (I have no friends in that college JUST BECAUSE OF THAT!).
If your liking of a corporation is a big enough factor to prevent friendship, it might imply that either your interests and/or the interests of most people at your college are too narrow to be put in common with the interests of others. Maybe you and/or they need to have broader interests. Or maybe I'm mistaken on that count; after all, the only thing I know of your situation is what you've told us here.

All the boys that also go to said college are all "duh, GTA is better because guns and blood and violence" (or a lot of things like that), which is something I completely disagree with, because realistic violence in video games make people more violent out of video games.
You're wrong:

Source of both graphs: Geoffrey Morrison, "Violence and Video Games", http://www.soundandvision.com/content/violence-and-video-games

[How else could I consider them? Certainly NOT smart.
The fact that some people at your college prefer violent videogames doesn't imply that they're stupid. Some of them might be, but sheer preferences are not sufficient criteria to assess intelligence.

And right now, we knows that AT and stage bosses are deconfirmed because of their roles in the game, yet people insist on seeing them as playable characters?! ... This is simply NOT logical, and I refuse to believe that people still thinks their AT or Stage Boss characters have a chance (at least SOME people on the RTC thread weren't all like "I don't care what you say, he'll gets in!", even the Geno fans and Spyro fans weren't like that on their favorite character's RTC day, let alone any of us Daisy supporters on her RTC day).
People in general want to believe in stuff that makes them happy despite evidence that they might be mistaken -- despite the fact that they might be disappointed later. This is why politics and religion are still going strong despite all the available info. This is also why most people in the "rate their chances" topic have been giving unreasonably high scores to their preferred character. By the way, #ShantaeForSmash

Top Bottom