• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ok, so, one, who are these guys? And two, I'm one for heated debate so... yeah, wherever I am (Smack Jeeves, YouTube and now here) there's a heated debate (sorry about that).
Those two are two users that are infamous for how heated their debated are on this site, but GoldenYuu and ManlySpirit are even worse since they would always want to win such debates by all means (So look out for these three unless you don't want to be on their bad side).

Apology accepted, your stance actually makes sense from a development standpoint since I doubt that Sakurai would give any female character that isn't named Peach or possibly Shantae an "out of context" suggestive attack/motion. :laugh:

How about...

?
I dunno, seems more like a regular victory animation to me.

Last edited:

AceTechHD

Smash Cadet
NNID
AceTechHD
Holy ****, it sounds exactly as drawn out as any other Star KO scream. Is it wrong for me to say that she's an indefinite shoo-in because of this? :troll:
Originally for my intro in the Daisy video I had a clip of Peach in her Daisy color variant getting star KO'd with that ^ sound clip used for the star KO and it worked perfectly. Though I thought her reacting to Rosalina joining the battle was a bit funnier.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Originally for my intro in the Daisy video I had a clip of Peach in her Daisy color variant getting star KO'd with that ^ sound clip used for the star KO and it worked perfectly. Though I thought her reacting to Rosalina joining the battle was a bit funnier.
It sure was, I couldn't get that intro off my mind while sleeping. :laugh:

How many views does your video have for now?

Last edited:

AceTechHD

Smash Cadet
NNID
AceTechHD
It sure was, I couldn't get that intro off my mind while sleeping. :laugh:

How many views does your video have for now?
It has 84 views with 9 likes so it's getting around. Hopefully the people who see it will vote for Daisy as Iv'e voted for her 15 times... well 16 if you count the one I recorded for the video XD

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It has 84 views with 9 likes so it's getting around. Hopefully the people who see it will vote for Daisy as Iv'e voted for her 15 times... well 16 if you count the one I recorded for the video XD
It takes me back to when I was a YouTuber that made videos, the traction was slow and my viewership grew over time. I'll miss those days, but the growing popularity of bigger budget videos with voice actions is what lead me to stop since I wouldn't call my voice "appropriate" for such bigger budget videos.

But anyways, kudos to your progress and the votes for Daisy. As a matter of a fact, I wouldn't mind voting for her again since I've been having some withdrawal symptoms for quite some time due to avoiding that site for 3 weeks. :lol:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
her star ko would be at 0:38
That ought to make the developers' work easier if they try to make her.

Also, please note that every time I'm viewing a Smash Bros video, I'm disappointed there's no Daisy in it (so, on the flip-side, I argue with people who wants characters that HAVE ZERO CHANCES to be DLCs such as Son Goku or Ryu, or even Zero or Proto Man... and, at the same time, considering I have a hatred of a certain character that got in by somehow replacing Mewtwo, I add that to the fact that, If even a character like Mewtwo, which is a huge fan favorite, gets forgotten during the main game's development, there was no chances for obscure and/or long-forgotten characters like Prince Fluff or Princess Daisy).

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well the Koopalings voices are all recycled from Mario WiiU so there's at least precedent.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Rumor has it that the site will disregard your other votes if you vote multiple times, so I only voted once (or twice, or three times....)

So @ Extremmefan Extremmefan , if you want to see more heated debates, here's one recent thread I found when I was lurking on GameFAQS (WARNING: HIGH CHANCES OF BUTTHURT INBOUND, CLICK AT YOUR OWN RISK)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

Also, please note that every time I'm viewing a Smash Bros video, I'm disappointed there's no Daisy in it (so, on the flip-side, I argue with people who wants characters that HAVE ZERO CHANCES to be DLCs such as Son Goku or Ryu, or even Zero or Proto Man... and, at the same time, considering I have a hatred of a certain character that got in by somehow replacing Mewtwo, I add that to the fact that, If even a character like Mewtwo, which is a huge fan favorite, gets forgotten during the main game's development, there was no chances for obscure and/or long-forgotten characters like Prince Fluff or Princess Daisy).
At least Daisy is playable in over 30 games (I think), including Mario Kart 7. She wasn't cut while Waluigi was.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
At least Daisy is playable in over 30 games (I think), including Mario Kart 7. She wasn't cut while Waluigi was.
True, and considering Waluigi's motives may not be too similar to Wario's motives but his personality is WAY TOO SIMILAR to Wario's personality, it gives Daisy more originality compared to him (the fact that Waluigi's personality is too similar makes him part clone, but the fact that Daisy's personality is the total opposite to Peach makes her WAY MORE original).

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
True, and considering Waluigi's motives may not be too similar to Wario's motives but his personality is WAY TOO SIMILAR to Wario's personality, it gives Daisy more originality compared to him (the fact that Waluigi's personality is too similar makes him part clone, but the fact that Daisy's personality is the total opposite to Peach makes her WAY MORE original).
Expecting more personality originality? TOO BAD! WALUIGI TIME! :troll:

Sorry, I couldn't resist cracking that joke.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I would love if when Daisy is in Smash they reuse her voice clips from Double Dash and Mario Kart Wii, along with recording some new ones, of course.

And, if you guys noticed, many of Rosalina's Smash 4 voice clips are reused from Mario Kart 7.
https://youtu.be/vUsbUAPwyCw?t=39s

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Say what you will about Brawl but they took the time to make fresh recordings of everything. That's why Sonic doesn't repeat any of the same things that became memetic from Brawl because they re-used his stuff from other sonic games rather than re-recorrding them for 4.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I would love if when Daisy is in Smash they reuse her voice clips from Double Dash and Mario Kart Wii, along with recording some new ones, of course.

And, if you guys noticed, many of Rosalina's Smash 4 voice clips are reused from Mario Kart 7.
https://youtu.be/vUsbUAPwyCw?t=39s
I can easily is happening since there are plenty of voice clips for Sakurai to borrow from the many spinoff games anyway, a majority of them being Smash worthy enough to be official. The only time I feel new voice clips will be needed is for a few taunts or victory animations since that is where more dialogue is needed. It is something I saw happening after notching that Rosalina had this very treatment in Smash Wii U/3DS.

Say what you will about Brawl but they took the time to make fresh recordings of everything. That's why Sonic doesn't repeat any of the same things that became memetic from Brawl because they re-used his stuff from other sonic games rather than re-recorrding them for 4.
You're too slow > Sonic Speed. R.I.P. Best Sonic One-liner.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Watching a Daisy sound effect video while typing a post.

#Stillbetterthantv

Rump attack will only work with her classic dress.
Implying that she still won't be hot stuff in her sports gear. :smirk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFFOuynYKo4&t=0m20s

In about five hours from now, I'll be ready to do some practice smashing with @WillLi tonight to relieve some stress from all this paper typing. It would be interesting if he's planning on fighting me with Peach (w/ the Daisy colors) to give me an idea of how many differences she should have. Made a promise with another guy, but he will have to wait since I will be busy most of the day.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Implying that she still won't be hot stuff in her sports gear. :smirk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFFOuynYKo4&t=0m20s

In about five hours from now, I'll be ready to do some practice smashing with @WillLi tonight to relieve some stress from all this paper typing. It would be interesting if he's planning on fighting me with Peach (w/ the Daisy colors) to give me an idea of how many differences she should have. Made a promise with another guy, but he will have to wait since I will be busy most of the day.
Who else would be the one who teached Luigi his jab?.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Who else would be the one who teached Luigi his jab?.
Maybe they were Yuri (a certain annoying character from King of the Fighters) fans all along. Many fighting game characters had been inspirations to these guys (Ryu to Mario, Zangief to Bowser, ect.) and given Sakurai had seen a Street Fighter tournament in the past, it isn't surpassing at all. Did I forget to mention that Ryu himself would be showing up in the future? :laugh:

I've thought of something great, why not give Daisy Tastumaki for an aerial because why not? :troll:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Maybe they were Yuri (a certain annoying character from King of the Fighters) fans all along. Many fighting game characters had been inspirations to these guys (Ryu to Mario, Zangief to Bowser, ect.) and given Sakurai had seen a Street Fighter tournament in the past, it isn't surpassing at all. Did I forget to mention that Ryu himself would be showing up in the future? :laugh:

I've thought of something great, why not give Daisy Tastumaki for an aerial because why not? :troll:
I knew Ryu would show up sooner or later, or at least being mentioned in a rumor.

Daisy should be more based on Chun-Li or Sakura from the Street Fighter games, though.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I knew Ryu would show up sooner or later, or at least being mentioned in a rumor.

Daisy should be more based on Chun-Li or Sakura from the Street Fighter games, though.
Eh....I don't think such advanced moves would fit a possible figther such as Daisy though.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
So I was peeking at the earlier pages of this thread and other character threads, just to see the reactions to the deconfirmations. Waluigi's deconfirmation made me chuckle a bit due to the hilarious reaction comics. This thread actually only made 13 pages compared to Waluigi's 37 pages until the ballot (took me a REALLY long time to find it as I am on mobile) with Daisy only being deconfirmed at the Japanese launch of the game due to being a palette swap. This ballot really has kickstarted this thread!

Oh, and I never knew Nintendo of America actually personally responded to your e-mails @ StarCrystal20 StarCrystal20 . Even if it was quite vague (the dev team makes the decisions).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The Waluigi Thread was one of a kind. Not every character has an explosively popular Web Comic version. :p That thread was a lot of fun.

I used to make stuff like this...

Daisy doesn't really lend herself well to eldritch abominations. :p

:231:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
This thread actually only made 13 pages compared to Waluigi's 37 pages until the ballot (took me a REALLY long time to find it as I am on mobile) with Daisy only being deconfirmed at the Japanese launch of the game due to being a palette swap.
THIS is just plain stupid of them (seriously, what stopped Dark Pit from being a character when, like Daisy, he was a palette swap in Brawl? The Dark Pit counterargument applies here).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
THIS is just plain stupid of them (seriously, what stopped Dark Pit from being a character when, like Daisy, he was a palette swap in Brawl? The Dark Pit counterargument applies here).
So I was peeking at the earlier pages of this thread and other character threads, just to see the reactions to the deconfirmations. Waluigi's deconfirmation made me chuckle a bit due to the hilarious reaction comics. This thread actually only made 13 pages compared to Waluigi's 37 pages until the ballot (took me a REALLY long time to find it as I am on mobile) with Daisy only being deconfirmed at the Japanese launch of the game due to being a palette swap. This ballot really has kickstarted this thread!

Oh, and I never knew Nintendo of America actually personally responded to your e-mails @ StarCrystal20 StarCrystal20 . Even if it was quite vague (the dev team makes the decisions).

Keep in mind that at that time, we were hoping for her to be a true alt akin to the Koopalings and Alpha since we had zero proof that DLC characters would be a thing around launch. Soon as that dreaded alternate color came back, a majority of use were rather disappointed that making a Daisy alt was never on Sakurai's mind to begin with (Which was something he could have done since this game had first started to do them). None of us really had hope in her being her own character until the day the ballot was first announced since it meant that characters who have an NPC role that wasn't a regular trophy/alternate color has no chance of getting a promotion.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Mario Strikers Charged Daisy or bust.
This is all our second choice of what we want for her to wear in case Sakurai doesn't want to give her the regular dress or wants to reference a true 'Murican Mario spinoff.

By the way, I'll add you to the list.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Maybe it's because Sakurai LOVES keeping old alts, whenever they are authentic to the original character (Dark Samus) or insulting (Daisy)

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Maybe it's because Sakurai LOVES keeping old alts, whenever they are authentic to the original character (Dark Samus) or insulting (Daisy)
... He must be one kind of a weirdo, then. (I mean, seriously?! That's just plain stupid! At least Dark Link and Dark Samus ARE SUPPOSED to have the same attacks than Link and Samus respectively, but that contradict the whole "Daisy is a palette swap of Peach even if she could have different attacks" thing)

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Daisy is a great two-sided coin.

When detractors say she's not unique, you say that Daisy has all of the flower-trope to work with.
When detractors say she's too impopular to make her a character, you say that she can be an easy clone.

Win-Win.

I'd rather have Daisy to be unique, but it's not hard to borrow things like UTilt/UAir/DAir from Peach.
Maybe she could even aggresively slam her crown in front of her as a FAir.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Daisy is a great two-sided coin.

When detractors say she's not unique, you say that Daisy has all of the flower-trope to work with.
When detractors say she's too impopular to make her a character, you say that she can be an easy clone.

Win-Win.

I'd rather have Daisy to be unique, but it's not hard to borrow things like UTilt/UAir/DAir from Peach.
Maybe she could even aggresively slam her crown in front of her as a FAir.
True, Daisy could only borrow a few moves from Peach, but have a lot of new moves who fit more with her character. It's a Win-Win situation.

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
I think Daisy would be a mix of little Mac and Zero suit Samus. She would definitively be the strongest female, really fast but her recovery wouldn't be so hot, like ZSS's recovery, but hers should be a flurry of punches upwards.

Her final smash would be her Mario Strikers Charged Mega Strike. I suppose you would catch an enemy similar to how Link traps his opponents in a horizontal line, but you would be able to catch multiple opponents at once, but after trapping them, she punches them all to the top of the screen, kind of like Ike's final smash. Then, she will unleash a flurry of kicks and punches on her opponents, then, she raises her arm and crystals form around it (the Mega Strike move) she then slams all her opponents down. I would love to hear those crystals coming together in her hand, I seriously love THAT sound.

Also, when you catch the enemies in her final smash, she will say something between the lines of "How's THIS for a princess?" Or "I'll show you how this girl rolls!"

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
I think Daisy would be a mix of little Mac and Zero suit Samus. She would definitively be the strongest female, really fast but her recovery wouldn't be so hot, like ZSS's recovery, but hers should be a flurry of punches upwards.

Her final smash would be her Mario Strikers Charged Mega Strike. I suppose you would catch an enemy similar to how Link traps his opponents in a horizontal line, but you would be able to catch multiple opponents at once, but after trapping them, she punches them all to the top of the screen, kind of like Ike's final smash. Then, she will unleash a flurry of kicks and punches on her opponents, then, she raises her arm and crystals form around it (the Mega Strike move) she then slams all her opponents down. I would love to hear those crystals coming together in her hand, I seriously love THAT sound.

Also, when you catch the enemies in her final smash, she will say something between the lines of "How's THIS for a princess?" Or "I'll show you how this girl rolls!"
I like your ideas, but Daisy's recovery should STILL go a little higher than Little Mac's recovery (that or they could compensate by giving her a high jump stat).

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
Of course, i think her recovery should be as good as Zero Suit Samus, but her jump should be pretty good. I imagine she would be as fast as Zelda, wich is a Tad slow, but Daisy would be able to pack a punch, being the strongest female and all.

If anyone is to have a counter move, it's Daisy. Like ike, I want her to say something when she successfully counters it, like, "Ha ha!" Or "Gotcha !"

Also, when she gets KO'd, I want a "Guah!! " with her energetic voice. When she gets star KO'd THERE IS LITERALLY NO WAY ANYTHING BUT HER "Oooowawawawawayyyyaaaoouuch!!!" From Mario party 8 fits in.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Of course, i think her recovery should be as good as Zero Suit Samus, but her jump should be pretty good. I imagine she would be as fast as Zelda, wich is a Tad slow, but Daisy would be able to pack a punch, being the strongest female and all.

If anyone is to have a counter move, it's Daisy. Like ike, I want her to say something when she successfully counters it, like, "Ha ha!" Or "Gotcha !"

Also, when she gets KO'd, I want a "Guah!! " with her energetic voice. When she gets star KO'd THERE IS LITERALLY NO WAY ANYTHING BUT HER "Oooowawawawawayyyyaaaoouuch!!!" From Mario party 8 fits in.

*Insert "too many counters complaint" here* :p

Top Bottom