• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Now that I think of it, it might as well be a strength since it shows that she has variety in her abilities despite them being inconsistent. I'd say that she should be heavy, but slightly faster that Peach while having more strength and defensive options in her moveset. That way, she can have a heavy contrast from Princess Peach in Smash if she somehow were to make it.
Wouldn't that make her better in every regard (heavier, smaller, faster, stronger attacks)? Remember that balance is a thing. Unless she can't float like Peach, thus having a worse recovery.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Wouldn't that make her better in every regard (heavier, smaller, faster, stronger attacks)? Remember that balance is a thing. Unless she can't float like Peach, thus having a worse recovery.
That is, if she even is a semi-clone of Peach. She might even have a completely different moveset (emphasis on might)

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I don't think Mario Spin-Off's wonky class system hurts Daisy's chances for Smash.
Crystal making has only been in Strikers, the game that gave Waluigi Isaac-like plant powers and Bowser Jr a loud scream.

But otherwise, Daisy's Flower Power is prevalent in almost every spin-off, and most of the time she's the same class as Peach.
That last one might hurt her more than the wonky system itself

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I don't think Mario Spin-Off's wonky class system hurts Daisy's chances for Smash.
Crystal making has only been in Strikers, the game that gave Waluigi Isaac-like plant powers and Bowser Jr a loud scream.

But otherwise, Daisy's Flower Power is prevalent in almost every spin-off, and most of the time she's the same class as Peach.
That last one might hurt her more than the wonky system itself
It didn't hurt Lucina and Dark Pit, and they don't even have multiple game to their name

I will never get Dark Pit

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You're right, having poor recovery would make her another Falcondorf even though she can't really float. Though of the many Up Special options, there can be a move in which she can create a flowery platform or go for a crystal uppercut.

If there's some drawbacks she need, it would have to be low defense and poor aerials since she ought to have some key differences from Peach. Just the idea of Daisy being an aerial fighter odd given that she prefers to be up close and personal on the ground from what we seen in most titles. I can see her having one projectile, but it would have to be a fast moving weak one to give her one way of fair zoning (Flower Swing or a Mario Golf Power Shot).

You have any other ideas for her playstle since it's been a while since we last talked about it in this thread. :054:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Instead of toad make her neutral a golf swing and it it's slow but it can launch a projectile at various angles and if you hit someone with it close up it knocks them back quite a ways. The side-special, keep it the same in basically functionality but change the animation so it's not her rump doing the work. Her up-special I imagine it like Mario grabbing the dandelion puffs in Gusty Garden Galaxy except she' holding a large daisy, getting carried in an updraft. Down... I'm not sure.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Instead of toad make her neutral a golf swing and it it's slow but it can launch a projectile at various angles and if you hit someone with it close up it knocks them back quite a ways. The side-special, keep it the same in basically functionality but change the animation so it's not her rump doing the work. Her up-special I imagine it like Mario grabbing the dandelion puffs in Gusty Garden Galaxy except she' holding a large daisy, getting carried in an updraft. Down... I'm not sure.
Or the side special being a comically slow, large baseball bat with reflecting properties

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remember for special moves, the only thing really special about them is that they can be performed in the air and on the ground. Any other description and Mega Man basically has a whole moveset of them.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Crystal Smash, perfect way of protecting you from projectiles and spiking nearby foes in the air. In midair, it's essentially a diagonal dive punch.

That updraft flower idea, I really like it. Why don't any of us think of that before? We should have known that the seeds of certain species of plants are naturally carried away by wind.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Crystal Smash, perfect way of protecting you from projectiles and spiking nearby foes in the air. In midair, it's essentially a diagonal dive punch.

That updraft flower idea, I really like it. Why don't any of us think of that before? We should have known that the seeds of certain species of plants are naturally carried away by wind.
Updrafting flowers would be pretty cool if it didn't make the character helpless, which I'm sure it would (we don't want another Brawl Meta Knight)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Updrafting flowers would be pretty cool if it didn't make the character helpless, which I'm sure it would (we don't want another Brawl Meta Knight)
Unless it ends when Daisy attacks and she can't re-summon another flower until she hits the ground, like Snake's cipher. Main differences from that move would be no damage but wind hitboxes make Daisy difficult to approach.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Unless it ends when Daisy attacks and she can't re-summon another flower until she hits the ground, like Snake's cipher. Main differences from that move would be no damage but wind hitboxes make Daisy difficult to approach.
Or like Sonic's Spring Jump!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's also good cause it highlights the personality difference between the Princesses. Peach can only vary between falling and floating, Daisy gives it her all and goes down kicking.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

I did.

I made a moveset.
With exactly that.

As for the underlined, I DID. It's even part of my Flower Garden Trap special.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I did.

I made a moveset.
With exactly that.

As for the underlined, I DID. It's even part of my Flower Garden Trap special.
Sorry, I haven't remembered the moveset in its entirety since things had been pretty crazy this month. It's good that you came up with the idea before and we haven't really though about how fitting it was for her. :laugh:

As if this semester couldn't end any faster since it would mean me spending more time her. Just 3 weeks and it should probably be over soon.

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
The floating flower U-B sounds like a really good move. Though I think a more 'offensive' up-b would be nice for Daisy. So maybe the flower spins or something and 'cuts' you if you're above. (If DLCs had customs that's probably what it'd be) Maybe give it a long up climb but poor horizontal movement.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Maybe an Up B with helicopter flower (kind of similar to Snake's) where Daisy is holding on to the stalk?

:231:

D

Deleted member

The floating flower U-B sounds like a really good move. Though I think a more 'offensive' up-b would be nice for Daisy. So maybe the flower spins or something and 'cuts' you if you're above. (If DLCs had customs that's probably what it'd be) Maybe give it a long up climb but poor horizontal movement.
Sometimes I get discouraged for Daisy because coming up with a moveset is not super natural.

But then I think about some of the other moves that passed inspection for Smash Bros: Peach Bomber, Green Missile, most of Sheik's and Fox's moves, all of Captain Falcon's moves, etc. I'm sure Sakurai would come up with something.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I imagine Daisy's overall playstyle as a female brawler type, getting up in opponent's faces. She should still have grace though, we don't want to turn her into an MMA fighter... or do we...?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I imagine Daisy's overall playstyle as a female brawler type, getting up in opponent's faces. She should still have grace though, we don't want to turn her into an MMA fighter... or do we...?
Nope, no siree. She needs to have style and grace to be a great fighter, otherwise it wouldn't suit her funny face. :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One idea for Daisy, which I'm not sure will work, thanks to 3DS limitations is if she changed her outfit to suit the move she's pulling off. Her Princess dress for graceful ones, her golf-outfit for any atacks involving a golf club, her biker outfit for dash-type ones, and the Strikers Charged armour for getting up in their face.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
One idea for Daisy, which I'm not sure will work, thanks to 3DS limitations is if she changed her outfit to suit the move she's pulling off. Her Princess dress for graceful ones, her golf-outfit for any atacks involving a golf club, her biker outfit for dash-type ones, and the Strikers Charged armour for getting up in their face.
There is Shulk's Monado Arts.....but that didn't involve changing up the costume.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
That sounds effin' cool. I would love if she did that. It would make her seem so unique.

Hmm... so does that mean she'd get a trophy for each outfit? Or perhaps her single trophy would show 4 different Daisies each in their own outfit? Like what I'm saying is maybe for her classic mode trophy it would show Daisy in her dress, another Daisy in her sports outfit, another in the biker outfit, and another in the striker outfit, all on 1 trophy. For the alt trophy, it would show all 4 Daisies again but in a different color palette (I'd prefer it in her green costume).

I really would love this.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Her classic mode would be the one for her Amiibo (let's say Princess), the 3DS alt would be another (Golf), WiiU alt another (Racing) and her Final Smash would have the last one (Strikers)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Her classic mode would be the one for her Amiibo (let's say Princess), the 3DS alt would be another (Golf), WiiU alt another (Racing) and her Final Smash would have the last one (Strikers)
If that idea got in she would have a record amount of trophies in Smash Wii U, maybe more than even Luigi (I think....)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If that idea got in she would have a record amount of trophies in Smash Wii U, maybe more than even Luigi (I think....)
I don't know. What about every single Wii Fit trophy?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I not only respect, but also admire the man, for various reasons.
I couldn't blame you, who wouldn't love the guy who produced classics like Metroid and Super Mario Land. Not to mention he was the one who created the many Game & Watch titles that would influence the designs of future Nintendo handhelds (Most notably the Donkey Kong title being the precursor of the Nintendo DS).

If only the Virtual Boy wasn't a failure, then he could have lived longer and made his last few great titles for the Big N back in the day. That's also part of the reason why I'm banking for a Virtual Boy rep in a future Smash title like Harry from Teleroboxer.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace

My idea of what Peach's other 8 alt costumes could've been..

(Sorry if some of Daisy's palettes look choppy, I sort of rushed on them.)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

My idea of what Peach's other 8 alt costumes could've been..

(Sorry if some of Daisy's palettes look choppy, I sort of rushed on them.)
Nice, this would be a great way of getting back at the people who thinks characters as alts are unlikely to be a fighter. :troll:

Either way, these colors don't look half bad on Daisy. Loving the green one since it reminds me a bit of Princess Fiona.

Top Bottom