• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Trust me. It is. just imagine this, Astaroth sized.

But back on topic, I also tried recreating Daisy in SoulCalibur 5 (it's almost a year since the last time I played ._.)
The thing I like about Soul Calibur's Character Creator is that any character that was once cutesy looks badass or mature due to the model of the face. That Daisy character looks very pretty due to how accurate the model is, it even looks like Princess Fiona. :awesome:

Also, your example for Astaroth's Body Splash made me LAWL so hard. That's a nice way of putting it. :laugh:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The thing I like about Soul Calibur's Character Creator is that any character that was once cutesy looks badass or mature due to the model of the face. That Daisy character looks very pretty due to how accurate the model is, it even looks like Princess Fiona. :awesome:

Also, your example for Astaroth's Body Splash made me LAWL so hard. That's a nice way of putting it. :laugh:
Well, I had to make a "realistic" Daisy with the tools I had. I'm happy about the result, really.

And yeah, that titanic frankenstein-thingy busty girl with a huge axe is just... Really fun. Especially with the "hug" attack :awesome: Or Astaroth's victory poses, especially the one that is... Like DK Up taunt (I really don't know how to say that :laugh:) It's just so unfitting.

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
Trust me. It is. just imagine this, Astaroth sized.

But back on topic, I also tried recreating Daisy in SoulCalibur 5 (it's almost a year since the last time I played ._.)
you make me want to place the game now

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
you make me want to place the game now
Admit it. You can't resist to that huge girl with an axe :troll: (well, we don't the axe there...)

I made other videogame characters, such as Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Impa, Tetra, Agitha (lots of Zelda, I know), Ashley, Presea from Tales Of, Magnus, Medusa... Again, I love the character edition in this game.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Also, is there any anymore data found on the "Rhythm Heaven character"?
No, it's the same Rhythm Heaven data that's been found a while ago (Series icon, ect). So nothing really new for Rhythm Heaven data as far as more recent findings like Roy/Ryu.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm thinking if/when Daisy does get in she should have a different outfit from her standard Peach-esque one. The choices are

Classic

Golf Classic

(association) Football Gear

Biker Suit

Armoured Football gear

Winter Gear

And last but not least

Golf 2.0

Which one do you think would work?

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I'm thinking if/when Daisy does get in she should have a different outfit from her standard Peach-esque one. The choices are

Classic

Golf Classic

(association) Football Gear

Biker Suit

Armoured Football gear

Winter Gear

And last but not least

Golf 2.0

I think the Classic Dress, but changed like Rosa's Dress, with extra petals and flowers could work, but so could the sports outfits.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think the Classic Dress, but changed like Rosa's Dress, with extra petals and flowers could work, but so could the sports outfits.
Same here, she's got to get that flowery makeover to her outfit if Sakurai would go for her more iconic dress instead of the sports outfit.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Question, were those super edgy Mario Football/Soccer games well received in Japan? I certainly know a lot of English movesets for Daisy floating around have her in that gear but we all know Nintendo has a Japan bias.

D

Deleted member

I'm thinking if/when Daisy does get in she should have a different outfit from her standard Peach-esque one.
*snip*
I think she should get the Wario treatment in that half of her outfits are a classic dress, and the other half her standard sports outfit. The sports outfit could even be the default, since she might 'sport' a more athletic playstyle than Peach.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
This support thread certainly gone pretty far since the ballot. O.o
It's gone pretty far since I started joining too! So in the latest issue of Famitsu, Sakurai stated that all of the DLC was made after the game was finished.

He also stated that
Sakurai said:
Part of the fun of Smash is the anticipation: "Which character will join the fray next!?" If we keep distributing content, we can maintain that excitement, and I think that’s a really great thing.
So does this mean that quite a few fighters beyond the sound leaks aren't out of the question?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of Daisy designs I found this pretty cool one on DA

I think it has the whole flower motif thing down.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Question, were those super edgy Mario Football/Soccer games well received in Japan? I certainly know a lot of English movesets for Daisy floating around have her in that gear but we all know Nintendo has a Japan bias.
Speaking of Daisy designs I found this pretty cool one on DA

I think it has the whole flower motif thing down.
The Mario Strikers games sold decently there, though most of the sales and popularity for those games came from the West. So I'm assuming that Japanese Daisy fans would like to see her in her formal attire unlike us.

That redesign, words wouldn't describe how awesome it looks.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That Golf 2.0 face is quite something. Like "If you don't go down the hole, I'm gonna kill you."

:231:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I have to say, while I'd never support her before the games release, Daisy has really grown on me and now I'd like to see her in. Unfortunately I made a bet that if the Mario or Zelda series got any more characters in DLC, I'd eat my socks. I wonder what fabrics are safe for human consumption.

Go Daisy.

D

Deleted member

I just have a feeling that Daisy is going to make it into Smash one day...whether that's DLC for this one or some future iteration, I'm sure it'll happen.
She's appeared in over 40 games, and has been playable in all of the last 30 games--except for two, of course, being Brawl and Smash 4. Sigh. Sakurai will come around. He has to. It's what we want.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I have to say, while I'd never support her before the games release, Daisy has really grown on me and now I'd like to see her in. Unfortunately I made a bet that if the Mario or Zelda series got any more characters in DLC, I'd eat my socks. I wonder what fabrics are safe for human consumption.

Go Daisy.
Alright, I'll add you to the list and it's such a shame that you had agreed to that bet despite showing your support. ld be a Christmas miracle the day Sakurai actually considered her worthy of a slot instead of going for the alt since she's not a oneshot like Alph or dependent on a group like the Koopalings.

I just have a feeling that Daisy is going to make it into Smash one day...whether that's DLC for this one or some future iteration, I'm sure it'll happen.
She's appeared in over 40 games, and has been playable in all of the last 30 games--except for two, of course, being Brawl and Smash 4. Sigh. Sakurai will come around. He has to. It's what we want.
I'm really with you as well, we just need to push harder if she's going to be notable. As long as Paper Mario or Geno support exists, she's gonna have a hard time keeping up with them.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Excuse me, Azure, but I don't think I'm on the support list for Princess Daisy in Smash 4. I support her for Smash 4 DLC, you know! Sorry if I didn't mention it before.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Excuse me, Azure, but I don't think I'm on the support list for Princess Daisy in Smash 4. I support her for Smash 4 DLC, you know! Sorry if I didn't mention it before.
It's cool, thanks for reminding me when I'm ready to update the list. I've been wondering how you haven't joined in on our discussions for the past few weeks since they have been interesting (Plus the many "Vote for Daisy" propaganda that I make with Photoshop).

Speaking of propaganda, I wonder what you guys (Especially you @ Zeldaisy Zeldaisy ) think of this image.

And yes, Zeldaisy gave me permission to use her art for these and I will give her credit when spreading them on Tumblr (They have been pretty popular ever since I had done them lately).

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Honestly Daisy is competing with just competing with Paper Mario, but not Geno. Daisy may not be the likeliest, but in my opinion, she is wayyyyyyyyyyy likelier than Geno. No offense to Geno fans, though. Geno only appeared in one Mario RPG. Daisy was in soo many spinoffs which she can represent. Geno wouldn't be a good representative of the RPG series... wouldn't that be Paper Mario's job? He's much more prominent.

By the way, add me to the supporters list if I'm not there already! :)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Honestly Daisy is competing with just competing with Paper Mario, but not Geno. Daisy may not be the likeliest, but in my opinion, she is wayyyyyyyyyyy likelier than Geno. No offense to Geno fans, though. Geno only appeared in one Mario RPG. Daisy was in soo many spinoffs which she can represent. Geno wouldn't be a good representative of the RPG series... wouldn't that be Paper Mario's job? He's much more prominent.

By the way, add me to the supporters list if I'm not there already! :)
How could I have forgotten you that easily? :/

But that ok since I've added you to the list by now. It is pretty embarrassing if I keep forgetting people like this due to heavy thread traffic. :laugh:

And you're right, I feel that the only real competition that she has is Paper Mario (And Captain Toad to a lesser extent since most of his support is coming from the West.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

...since she's not a oneshot like Alph or dependent on a group like the Koopalings.
Hmm, quite true! I think that the biggest hurdle for Daisy though is that she's virtually only had the Mario spin-off games to distinguish herself, and those are, well, spin-offs, and in none of them is she the star. If she had ever become playable in a main Mario game or starred in her own spin-off like WarioWare she'd probably be a shoe-in by now.
And you're right, I feel that the only real competition that she has is Paper Mario (And Captain Toad to a lesser extent since most of his support is coming from the West.)
Waluigi would probably be much more of a threat, but since he's already an AT I think his fans have given up hope this time around, similar to the Ridley fans. So in a way, even though she's technically behind them because she makes no appearance, she's also completely available. :)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I see this thread has finally reached 1,500 replies, that's 500 replies in less than a month!

We also have seemed to attract several new supporters (I only just found out about the character forums last month)

On the other hand the six character slots including Roy and Ryu worries me a bit.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
On the other hand the six character slots including Roy and Ryu worries me a bit.
No need to worry old chum (can you believe there was a point in history when Batman would call Robin that?) for there is a theory that the 6 slots listed are a first wave of sorts. Notice how with the exception of Ryu all so far have been veterans ans as 3rd parties go Ryu is safe and iconic. The theory is the last two will also be veterans (or one veteran and one new semi-clone seeing how Wolf is the only likely one left) and the Ballot will elad to a second fan-picked wave.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
No need to worry old chum (can you believe there was a point in history when Batman would call Robin that?) for there is a theory that the 6 slots listed are a first wave of sorts. Notice how with the exception of Ryu all so far have been veterans ans as 3rd parties go Ryu is safe and iconic. The theory is the last two will also be veterans (or one veteran and one new semi-clone seeing how Wolf is the only likely one left) and the Ballot will elad to a second fan-picked wave.
But Sakurai stated that he won't make that many, and Lucas is coming in June.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What was his exact phrasing? I don't think Wave two will be as big as wave one for certain.

D

Deleted member

Yeah...but Sakurai can never really be taken at face value. Months ago, his words made it sound like Mewtwo was all that was coming and if we wanted more DLC then too bad.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
It's cool, thanks for reminding me when I'm ready to update the list. I've been wondering how you haven't joined in on our discussions for the past few weeks since they have been interesting (Plus the many "Vote for Daisy" propaganda that I make with Photoshop).

Speaking of propaganda, I wonder what you guys (Especially you @ Zeldaisy Zeldaisy ) think of this image.

And yes, Zeldaisy gave me permission to use her art for these and I will give her credit when spreading them on Tumblr (They have been pretty popular ever since I had done them lately).
Eh...Honestly that art looks like more of a generic anime character than a Mario character. :troll:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Hmm. Doing some research, it seems that most of the forumgoers are based on the U.S, so since it's 13:37 here in the UK at the time of this post...you guys are still asleep! It gets quite lonely here at the weekends.

Oh well, I will keep this thread at the top of the forums until everyone wakes up.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Eh...Honestly that art looks like more of a generic anime character than a Mario character. :troll:
That's because it is @ Zeldaisy Zeldaisy 's (Or shall I say KawaiiOtakuGamer from DeviantArt) style, which is evidence in her other works. It was a favor I decided to do for her since she asked for it earlier this week. Still have get around to making that "Vote for Daisy" image with the baseball bat (Daisy video game concept).

Found something interesting.

http://daisyallday.tumblr.com/post/89210816046/for-starters-daisys-been-in-almost-50-games-with

If this person is here in this thread, nice sentiments here.
Nice find, it's good to see some one who's making some well thought arguments over why Daisy is important to the Mario franchise despite her spinoff roles. :3

Aaaaaaasand I found a Daisy for Smash page on Tumblr with loads of followers. Lucky me.

http://daisyforsmash.tumblr.com

Last edited:

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
This thread is blooming with Daisy fans! Sweet! I lost my phone and now I have a new one, that means I lost all my drawings and my other important stuff. hopefully I can recover and re-do that other "Vote Daisy" picture I was making. ( TДT)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think the only thing going against Daisy is she's never had a consistent set of powers and abilities. In most she's a light weight technique character like Peach but she's also been medium weight, been a balanced character, been offensive and Defnsive in Football (What's a soccer?), even been a speed character in the Olympics. She's been known to summon flowers and crystals while ruling over a kingdom based on Egypt, Easter Island and China.

However, this could also be her her hidden strength.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
That's because it is @ Zeldaisy Zeldaisy 's (Or shall I say KawaiiOtakuGamer from DeviantArt) style, which is evidence in her other works. It was a favor I decided to do for her since she asked for it earlier this week. Still have get around to making that "Vote for Daisy" image with the baseball bat (Daisy video game concept).

Nice find, it's good to see some one who's making some well thought arguments over why Daisy is important to the Mario franchise despite her spinoff roles. :3

Aaaaaaasand I found a Daisy for Smash page on Tumblr with loads of followers. Lucky me.

http://daisyforsmash.tumblr.com
Tumblr, where a lack of comments truly make it the number one place for Daisy fans

EDIT: Loads of beautiful GIF's and high res photos and not a single scalding comment in sight. I wish it had live updates...

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This thread is blooming with Daisy fans! Sweet! I lost my phone and now I have a new one, that means I lost all my drawings and my other important stuff. hopefully I can recover and re-do that other "Vote Daisy" picture I was making. ( TДT)
That really happened? Ouch, sorry for your loss Zeldausy and I hope that you can recover your original plans for the next image. :(

I think the only thing going against Daisy is she's never had a consistent set of powers and abilities. In most she's a light weight technique character like Peach but she's also been medium weight, been a balanced character, been offensive and Defnsive in Football (What's a soccer?), even been a speed character in the Olympics. She's been known to summon flowers and crystals while ruling over a kingdom based on Egypt, Easter Island and China.

However, this could also be her her hidden strength.
Now that I think of it, it might as well be a strength since it shows that she has variety in her abilities despite them being inconsistent. I'd say that she should be heavy, but slightly faster that Peach while having more strength and defensive options in her moveset. That way, she can have a heavy contrast from Princess Peach in Smash if she somehow were to make it.

Top Bottom