• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
Ah, Daisy! Definitely one of my favorite Mario characters. It's a shame Nintendo doesn't bother giving her a defining game of her own (the same can probably be debated with Waluigi). Unfortunately, with how close we're getting to release, she'll probably just be another trophy. It sucks. Heck, Waluigi even got an Assist Trophy status, and his first Mario game was Mario Tennis, if I recall correctly, but hey, I guess seniority means nothing much.
Some of the movesets I've seen here are pretty interesting. Maybe I'll give myself a shot at one of those, if I'm not lazy.
But if anything, I really wish they would just give her a game of her own (at least before I die, haha). When I think of movesets of her, all we can really do is dive into the spin-off games she's in and take a look at related moves that Peach doesn't already have (ex. golf club, tennis racket). I'd like her moveset to be more reflective of her character rather than her appearances.
Oh, but hey, I'd like to be a supporter. ^^

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Lucina seems like a beginner's Marth. Same specials and moves, but without the tipper mechanic. This might make her easier to pick up.

What if Daisy was just like Peach in stats except: She cannot float, but has higher jumps. Daisy symbols on attacks instead of hearts and an Amazy Dayzee instead of a Toad on her B move.

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
Lucina seems like a beginner's Marth. Same specials and moves, but without the tipper mechanic. This might make her easier to pick up.

What if Daisy was just like Peach in stats except: She cannot float, but has higher jumps. Daisy symbols on attacks instead of hearts and an Amazy Dayzee instead of a Toad on her B move.
Quite similar to some alternatives I was thinking about. They'd probably have to change attack properties and stuff if it happened. However, having her as a semi-Peach clone would only further the idea that "Daisy's just a Peach 2.0!", and that'd be pretty unfortunate.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ah, Daisy! Definitely one of my favorite Mario characters. It's a shame Nintendo doesn't bother giving her a defining game of her own (the same can probably be debated with Waluigi). Unfortunately, with how close we're getting to release, she'll probably just be another trophy. It sucks. Heck, Waluigi even got an Assist Trophy status, and his first Mario game was Mario Tennis, if I recall correctly, but hey, I guess seniority means nothing much.
Some of the movesets I've seen here are pretty interesting. Maybe I'll give myself a shot at one of those, if I'm not lazy.
But if anything, I really wish they would just give her a game of her own (at least before I die, haha). When I think of movesets of her, all we can really do is dive into the spin-off games she's in and take a look at related moves that Peach doesn't already have (ex. golf club, tennis racket). I'd like her moveset to be more reflective of her character rather than her appearances.
Oh, but hey, I'd like to be a supporter. ^^
I'll add you to the list since you seem to have the same thoughts as a Daisy fan like me. The probelm with having a moveset based on her personality is that there's so little to base that off of. When all know her as a tomboy and the first thing that comes to mind is roughhousing like a very aggressive, sporty lady. Hench why things like Strikers and martial arts come into mind. Basing something like that its just once concept would be so limited. I even tried making her a moveset based on nothing but Super Mario Land, but realized that it couldn't work since there's little resources from that game. Either way, I like you suggestion and something like that requires a lot of deep digging into your thoughts.

That can work if pulled off right since she's more about brawn and defense in certain spinoffs. While I don't see why a Daysee would work since they have nothing to do with her kingdom, but it can work since we don't know that much about her kingdom or guards.

Last edited:

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
I'll add you to the list since you seem to have the same thoughts as a Daisy fan like me. The probelm with having a moveset based on her personality is that there's so little to base that off of. When all know her as a tomboy and the first thing that comes to mind is roughhousing like a very aggressive, sporty lady. Hench why games things Strikers and martial arts come into mind. Basing something like that its just once concept would be so limited. I even tried making her a moveset based on nothing but Super Mario Land, but realized that it couldn't work since there's little resources from that game. Either way, I like you suggestion and something like that requires a lot of deep digging into your thoughts.
Agreed. I can't even imagine trying to make a moveset based on Super Mario Land. There's very little to work with (although I can imagine one move would suffice to reference the game). Thanks!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Daisy's chances have improved if only because Gematsu has been grievously wounded.

I don't imagine she'd get in with Rosalina already here but I didn't expect two FE:Awakenign reps either.

Sakurai is tricksy.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Peachs butt move should be replaced with a kick if she is a clone.
That's a possibility since Ganon's Flame Choke worked slightly different than Falcon's Raptor Boost. It's also pretty ironic considering that Daisy was way more sexualized than Peach in Mario Strikers Charged. :laugh:

Daisy's chances have improved if only because Gematsu has been grievously wounded.

I don't imagine she'd get in with Rosalina already here but I didn't expect two FE:Awakenign reps either.

Sakurai is tricksy.
That may be true due to the circumstances of this happening, which is why we were discussing about whether she would be a last minute semi-clone of Peach or be a completely unique character as DLC in the future. I'm really banking on the former if Sakurai were desperate enough to add more females and more Mario characters since we got the likes of Lucina as a semi-clone and a fourth FE rep.

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I feel as if we will get 7 mario reps.
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Rosalina and Luma
Daisy
Bowser Jr./Captain Toad.
Zelda would get 6 of course and Pokemon. (maybe 7)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I feel as if we will get 7 mario reps.
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Rosalina and Luma
Daisy
Bowser Jr./Captain Toad.
Zelda would get 6 of course and Pokemon. (maybe 7)
I feel that this might be the case IF Mewtwo returns with the rest of the Pokemon. One Mario/Zelda character could be in the final roster as last minute clones (Daisy and Impa respectively) while the 6th reps like Captain Toad and possibly Ghirahim. I still get the feeling that this will happen thanks to Lucina's inclusion, though he's still as trollish as ever with his unpredictability.

Rosalina&Greninja

Smash Apprentice
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=121384840&postcount=8201

"We've just announced two new characters who will be joining the fray in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U. One is Robin, the avatar from Fire Emblem: Awakening, and the other is Lucina, a swordswoman who plays an important role in the same title. I'll skip over the details.
"What? Not Chrom!?" I suspect a lot of you will ask. Of course, Chrom is quite popular, being the protagonist of FE:A and all. However, I chose Robin and Lucina, and I will elaborate on my reasoning.
Robin appears in the game as a Tactician and functions much like a Mystic Knight (note: FF terminology, but equivalent to magic swordsman). I thought to utilize his all-around nature by assigning swordplay to his Smash attacks and magic tomes to his special attacks--that is, allow him to use magic.
His neutral special is thunder magic that grows stronger the larger you charge it. He uses fire magic for his side special, and wind magic for recovery as his up special. Although Robin doesn't use dark magic in FE:A, I decided to assign it as his down special. It isn't the first time I've given moves to a character that they don't use in their respective game in order to capture certain aspects of the original title.
I also implemented the system used in FE:A, in which tomes break after overuse. Likewise, I included a similar system for the Levin Sword, which breaks after a certain number of uses. However, both the tomes and the Levin Sword will quickly regenerate after a set period of time.
Lucina uses the same techniques as Marth, a fighter with whom I'm sure most of you are already familiar. I even went so far as to make their strength, speed, and special attacks almost identical.
However, what sets Lucina apart is the fact that the strength of her attacks is uniform along the blade. Marth's playstyle emulates the elegant swordplay of a fencer by dealing more damage when he strikes with the tip of his blade, but the damage Lucina deals is evened out. Thus, I think that Lucina will be much easier than Marth for novice players to play with.
I played all the way through FE:A and really wanted to include a character from that rich cast in Smash Bros. Naturally, I considered adding Chrom to the roster, but the decision wasn't easy by any means.
At the end of the day, Chrom would just end up being another plain-old sword-wielder like Marth and Ike. Compared with other characters, he lacks any unique characteristics.
Conversely, when the idea of including Robin came to mind, conceiving the character was so easy that I immediately saw how it would work. From standards to specials, grabs to throws, all aspects of his moveset just fell into place. Not only did he possess characteristics unlike other fighters, but he also captured the essence of the Fire Emblem series. It was perfect!
In the end, if a game isn't fun, then there's no point. Of course, it would be really easy to make a game by churning out a ton of similar characters, but that's not how I produce games.
Initially, I had considered including Lucina as one of Marth's alternate costumes. After all, she has a close relationship with him in FE:A. In such cases, even if two characters' names and voices differ, as long as they function the same way, I assign them as alternate costumes. The Wii Fit Trainers, Villagers, and Robin are examples of this setup.
However, even though Lucina shares her physical stats and techniques with Marth, the characteristics of their attacks differ. When two such similar characters function in an even slightly different manner, I give them a separate spot on the roster since that will affect battle records and whatnot. In that sense, you could say she was very lucky to join the fray!"

Our Spunky princess is close to shoo-in status now, Oh YEAH! Go DAISY!

EDIT: Which would you guys prefer?

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=121384840&postcount=8201

"We've just announced two new characters who will be joining the fray in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U. One is Robin, the avatar from Fire Emblem: Awakening, and the other is Lucina, a swordswoman who plays an important role in the same title. I'll skip over the details.
"What? Not Chrom!?" I suspect a lot of you will ask. Of course, Chrom is quite popular, being the protagonist of FE:A and all. However, I chose Robin and Lucina, and I will elaborate on my reasoning.
Robin appears in the game as a Tactician and functions much like a Mystic Knight (note: FF terminology, but equivalent to magic swordsman). I thought to utilize his all-around nature by assigning swordplay to his Smash attacks and magic tomes to his special attacks--that is, allow him to use magic.
His neutral special is thunder magic that grows stronger the larger you charge it. He uses fire magic for his side special, and wind magic for recovery as his up special. Although Robin doesn't use dark magic in FE:A, I decided to assign it as his down special. It isn't the first time I've given moves to a character that they don't use in their respective game in order to capture certain aspects of the original title.
I also implemented the system used in FE:A, in which tomes break after overuse. Likewise, I included a similar system for the Levin Sword, which breaks after a certain number of uses. However, both the tomes and the Levin Sword will quickly regenerate after a set period of time.
Lucina uses the same techniques as Marth, a fighter with whom I'm sure most of you are already familiar. I even went so far as to make their strength, speed, and special attacks almost identical.
However, what sets Lucina apart is the fact that the strength of her attacks is uniform along the blade. Marth's playstyle emulates the elegant swordplay of a fencer by dealing more damage when he strikes with the tip of his blade, but the damage Lucina deals is evened out. Thus, I think that Lucina will be much easier than Marth for novice players to play with.
I played all the way through FE:A and really wanted to include a character from that rich cast in Smash Bros. Naturally, I considered adding Chrom to the roster, but the decision wasn't easy by any means.
At the end of the day, Chrom would just end up being another plain-old sword-wielder like Marth and Ike. Compared with other characters, he lacks any unique characteristics.
Conversely, when the idea of including Robin came to mind, conceiving the character was so easy that I immediately saw how it would work. From standards to specials, grabs to throws, all aspects of his moveset just fell into place. Not only did he possess characteristics unlike other fighters, but he also captured the essence of the Fire Emblem series. It was perfect!
In the end, if a game isn't fun, then there's no point. Of course, it would be really easy to make a game by churning out a ton of similar characters, but that's not how I produce games.
Initially, I had considered including Lucina as one of Marth's alternate costumes. After all, she has a close relationship with him in FE:A. In such cases, even if two characters' names and voices differ, as long as they function the same way, I assign them as alternate costumes. The Wii Fit Trainers, Villagers, and Robin are examples of this setup.
However, even though Lucina shares her physical stats and techniques with Marth, the characteristics of their attacks differ. When two such similar characters function in an even slightly different manner, I give them a separate spot on the roster since that will affect battle records and whatnot. In that sense, you could say she was very lucky to join the fray!"

I like the second one. That should be her design with maybe faded flowers, with the first one's shade of color.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I'd say combine both designs with the addition of more flower patterns on her dress and we've got a great deal. :love:

Then it would definitely be the best Smash design for our beloved princess.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Personally, I'd go with this design:
and if not this one, then this one:
You know, just to differentiate Princess Daisy from Princess Peach, she could wear her sports outfit in-game. Still though, add more flower patterns.:love:

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Thought I would share this with Daisy fans.

Lucina is slightly shorter then Marth.
Daisy is slightly shorter then Peach.
Lucina was given her own slot for minor differences.
????

She is looking farely likely now.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Thought I would share this with Daisy fans.

Lucina is slightly shorter then Marth.
Daisy is slightly shorter then Peach.
Lucina was given her own slot for minor differences.
????

She is looking farely likely now.
If this theory is true, then Sakurai has no excuse to make her a swap again since both characters had obvious size differences from the start despite the "similarities".

That size chart would make Sakurai a hypocrite if he doesn't make Daisy her own slot but does so for Lucina.
Lucina was going to be a costume, but made her a personal slot as a fighter. If he doesn't do the same thing for Daisy despite making her a swap for THREE previous games, then Sakurai is just one huge troll.

BTW, wasn't she heavily requested in Japan according to a poll that was shared around the time Mac was revealed?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Agreed. I can't even imagine trying to make a moveset based on Super Mario Land. There's very little to work with (although I can imagine one move would suffice to reference the game). Thanks!
Daisy could summon enemies that disguise themselves as False Daisy clones to assist her. Daisy could throw superballs that bounce all over via the Superball Flower. Her Final Smash could be flying the Sky Pop plane and shooting at opponents.

Cheesedork

Smash Apprentice
I'm fairly certain Lucina got her height changed after she became a separate character. No, that's not officially stated anywhere, it just makes sense. But what made her a separate character was the sword mechanic.

Peach doesn't have any outstanding mechanics that they would alter slightly to create a new character. Besides maybe floating? But what do you to to change it? Just remove it?

I support Daisy being a full-fledged alt for Peach, with her own voice, name, hair, face, dress and alternate colors. I'd like to see her as her own playable character, but a height difference isn't enough to justify it.

Lucina was an added bonus and a "victim" of circumstances.
Let's not call Sakurai a hypocrite for not giving every character the same circumstance, shall we?
Clones are easier to make, yes, but they're not that much easier that there are going to be tons of them.

Let's be happy with a Daisy alt, yeah? The more elaborate the more of a bonus it is to Daisy fans.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Everyone remembers Daisy. No one cares about Tatanga. He just sits in a corner with Wart, Fawful, DImentio, and Smithy.

Really the only non bowser mario boss that is commonly know is Wario, though no one knows him for being the boss of super mario land 2.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Daisy could summon enemies that disguise themselves as False Daisy clones to assist her. Daisy could throw superballs that bounce all over via the Superball Flower. Her Final Smash could be flying the Sky Pop plane and shooting at opponents.
So making Daisy a joke character using fake clones could make her an interesting character? I'm pretty clear that almost everyone would be going "What the ****?" at that. :troll:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I was wondering about Daisy. According to this list, how would Daisy's moveset classify? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

Laniv

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I was wondering about Daisy. According to this list, how would Daisy's moveset classify? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:
Daisy would be a Speedster. I noticed in looking at all the movesets that most of her strength lies in the air.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
How would she deal with Bruisers like :4falcon:?
Flower Power, nuff said. Several of her specials would have to steal Lip's beloved flowered effects. It would be a great way to slow down troublesome foes like him if her were to be hit by such specials.

Last edited:

Nonnel

Smash Cadet
Oh, my bad. I was hoping you'd return before I could make a change. With the OP fully updated, I'll definitely give you credit. ;)

My thanks, but could you put "lenmutt" :D that's my usual name online, anyways I do like the changes to the OP ^_^

Too bad she may not get in this go around haha but i'll getbmy head up for smash 5 yes!

Rosalina&Greninja

Smash Apprentice
People don't like to admit it, but Daisy is incredibly likely with Lucina.

And having all 3 Mario Princess' playable would be fantastic!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
My thanks, but could you put "lenmutt" :D that's my usual name online, anyways I do like the changes to the OP ^_^
Why thanks for the compliment. I'll change your support name just for you for that compliment.

People don't like to admit it, but Daisy is incredibly likely with Lucina.

And having all 3 Mario Princess' playable would be fantastic!
This. Even if she end up being only a costume, I'd be glad to finally troll with her voice :troll:
Inb4 people say "Durrrrr there's too many princesses in the roster!" :troll:

But yeah that's not a valid argument since we already have a crap load of swordsmen and martial artists. The funny thing is that no one even bats an eye at these characters yet people are worried about too many dress/gown wearers in battle. Sure the Junior and Paper Mario fanboys may be pissed, but there would be a good reason for her inclusion like being easier and faster to make unlike them.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

I picture Princess Daisy as a Speedy Bruiser. But moreso as a Bruiser, to compliment her personality and competitive streak, and contrast to Princess Peach. Heck, I can even see her (literally) throwing a few punches in her attacks!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I picture Princess Daisy as a Speedy Bruiser. But moreso as a Bruiser, to compliment her personality and competitive streak, and contrast to Princess Peach. Heck, I can even see her (literally) throwing a few punches in her attacks!
Would Daisy have any moves that she can use as projectiles? Like tossing a Football?

Nonnel

Smash Cadet
Thank you so much Rob! :) I really hope Daisy still makes it in after all Sakurai is adding a good amount of female characters this go around. I mean not many folks thought Lucina would be in over Chrom.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Thank you so much Rob! :) I really hope Daisy still makes it in after all Sakurai is adding a good amount of female characters this go around. I mean not many folks thought Lucina would be in over Chrom.
Me too. After hearing that Lucina was added because she couldn't be a costume of Marth and that Chrom wasn't as interesting as Robin (hence why he was disconfirmed), I do have hope that Sakurai will at least have Daisy as a semi-clone instead of just a palette swap. After all, name one Smash game that didn't have clones (and no the N64 game doesn't count since Luigi is basically a semi-clone of Mario at the time).

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Also, I'm not saying that Daisy as always been considered as a Smash Character, but in Melee, it's this only costume changing the character 3D model. Besides the Pokémons of course, who would dare to change Pikachu's color?

I think it's quite notable.

Top Bottom