• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
>-> That's why it is better to keep oneself's expectations neutral, because Nintendo is FULL of surprises, and these include the ridiculous/bad ones, so, just to prevent feeling deception, do not expect the worst, nor the best, just...wait and see.
You're right Andrea. Besides, dropping my favorite gaming franchise because of a few bad character choices would seem immature.

Always keep your expectations in check. Which is what I'll do from now one since the day Bayonetta won the ballot over K. Rool. And I like her as the winner and a unique fighter.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Er, and the whole Metal Box being a power-up thing? ;)
This is a really weird and good point. What started out as an item was quickly turned into an antagonist. The Metal Box hasn't seen since Super Mario 64 DS, while Metal Mario seems to continue to be a separate character from Mario. Even Gold Mario is becoming its own character, taking shape since what I believe was Mario Gold: World Tour.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I could live with metal mario, even if the metal power up is redundant.

The fact is, he was one of the boss characters on Smash 64. He has his place.

Outside of that, I will only allow Mega Baby Mini Adult Red Jade Frog Suit Lemmy Koopa.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
The Metal Box hasn't seen since Super Mario 64 DS
But it's remained a power-up in every installment of Super Smash Bros, which leads me to the question below;

I could live with metal mario, even if the metal power up is redundant.

The fact is, he was one of the boss characters on Smash 64. He has his place.
How will you differentiate Metal Mario and Metal Mario during gameplay in a way that is immediately clear and clear-cut? ;)

Freduardo

Smash Champion
But it's remained a power-up in every installment of Super Smash Bros, which leads me to the question below;

How will you differentiate Metal Mario and Metal Mario during gameplay in a way that is immediately clear and clear-cut? ;)
Same as Pit and Dark pit or multiple of the same character in team battle, a slightly different shade and the P1/username arrows overhead.

As for MBMARJFS Lemmy Koopa, because he'd use a Koopa ling staff and his beach ball.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

You can differentiate the movements of the 2 characters. Make Metal Mario stiff while Mario moves naturally. Also, as for your question as to what should happen to Metal Mario if he gets a Metal Box is to turn him gold or into another type of metal

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Same as Pit and Dark pit or multiple of the same character in team battle, a slightly different shade and the P1/username arrows overhead.
I'm not talking about multiples of the same character. I'm talking about Metal Mario and Metal Mario - you know, one Mario who is metal, and the other who is a Metal Mario. ;)

Those arrows disappear when the camera is at a certain distance - what happens when Metal Mario the Mario and Metal Mario the Metal Mario cross over at close range?

This is why the rumour of a couple of years ago was silly, and it's been demonstrated beautifully in text form here. :laugh: There isn't really a simple way to have a character of a series' regular power-up be quickly and clearly differentiated from the power-up being used by the character that's been cloned in a non-confusing fashion. :laugh:

Pretending that Metal Mario is a character is something that works in the Super Mario series and its spin-offs because, as SuperMii3D SuperMii3D noted, the Metal Box power-up has been gone from there for over a decade. This breaks in Smash.

You can differentiate the movements of the 2 characters. Make Metal Mario stiff while Mario moves naturally. Also, as for your question as to what should happen to Metal Mario if he gets a Metal Box is to turn him gold or into another type of metal
At a glance, that won't be good enough - you're designing for a "ten-foot user interface", in this instance, and a small animation change is user-unfriendly in a case like this. ;) And as long as the Gold Plains stage remains, gold is a no-go, because that would become very confusing very quickly.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
At a glance, that won't be good enough - you're designing for a "ten-foot user interface", in this instance, and a small animation change is user-unfriendly in a case like this. ;) And as long as the Gold Plains stage remains, gold is a no-go, because that would become very confusing very quickly.
Pink Gold Mario confirmed? :troll:

Luminario

Smash Lord
All this talk of Metal Mario and PGP reminds me of how they could use those 2 along with a Luigi and Toad reskin (Lapis Luigi? Topaz Toad?) as new Mario villains. Bowser leads them to a magic mirror that copies their appearance in mettalic form but reverses their personalities. Nintendo should hire me for this treasure trove of a plot line.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
That'd make too much sense and make it easy for people to actually know what's going on. Instead, when Metal Mario grabs a Metal Box, he becomes regular Mario. Stat changes included.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
You're right Andrea. Besides, dropping my favorite gaming franchise because of a few bad character choices would seem immature.
:3 Yeah! these choices are just a minor thing in comparison to tall the fun and joy that the game gives you with the other plenty of characters you like. In my case....I dropped it because I had lost interest after the Smash4 Speculation and I gained other things to focus, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoyed it A LOT before (xD Specially playing with my classmates, it looked like af I had taken caffeine).

Pink Gold Mario confirmed? :troll:
:joyful:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I'm not talking about multiples of the same character. I'm talking about Metal Mario and Metal Mario - you know, one Mario who is metal, and the other who is a Metal Mario. ;)

Those arrows disappear when the camera is at a certain distance - what happens when Metal Mario the Mario and Metal Mario the Metal Mario cross over at close range?

This is why the rumour of a couple of years ago was silly, and it's been demonstrated beautifully in text form here. :laugh: There isn't really a simple way to have a character of a series' regular power-up be quickly and clearly differentiated from the power-up being used by the character that's been cloned in a non-confusing fashion. :laugh:

Pretending that Metal Mario is a character is something that works in the Super Mario series and its spin-offs because, as SuperMii3D SuperMii3D noted, the Metal Box power-up has been gone from there for over a decade. This breaks in Smash.

Then if not gold he can turn Silver. Also, how do you differentiate two Mario's that have both grabbed a Metal Box?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Then if not gold he can turn Silver.
Metal Mario is already silver, though. ;)

Also, how do you differentiate two Mario's that have both grabbed a Metal Box?
That's a good question. Is it even possible for that to happen? :confused:

Now I want this to be a thing.

Thanks a lot Tortilla. :laugh:
You're welcome! :grin:

Seriously, though, if they made a metal variant for Daisy, that's the type of metal they're most likely to go with, no?

Last edited:

AndreaAC

I'm not so sure they'd go with Bronze for a princess! :laugh: It's certainly a possibility, though.
xD I don't know why I thought that a redish-bronze color would look pretty cool...O.O Though she might look like made out of blood instead....BUT STILL COOL! :O

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
xD I don't know why I thought that a redish-bronze color would look pretty cool...O.O Though she might look like made out of blood instead....BUT STILL COOL! :O
Then we'd see Blood Daisy everywhere!

... Oh god, "Blood Daisy" sounds like what would happen if Daisy was turned into a vampire... :laugh:

AndreaAC

How about Amber?

That's another good material to use for her.

.3. pretty! She would look great like that! >_> How much I wish I had my previous 3D program, maybe I could have tested that material out with her model.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
While we are on the subject of IF Sakurai would add more alternate characters and clones in the series, here's a rather outdated Smash fansite that has a ridiculous amount of Marios (Metal Mario included) and even Links.

http://web.archive.org/web/20080520...nline.com/CharacterPages/characterselect.html

Even if this roster were to happen, I would never play as them at all. Funnily enough, they predicted Zero Suit Samus and Duck Hunt long before they were in Smash.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
All this metal-clones talk reminds me of a video that I saw posted in another thread earlier today;

AndreaAC AndreaAC - Well, we've got a proof-of-concept for Bronze Daisy, at least. :laugh:

Funnily enough, they predicted Zero Suit Samus and Duck Hunt long before they were in Smash.
Well, Duck Hunt Duo was really easy to predict, in fairness. People were requesting the dog from Duck Hunt back in Melee's day, and people were surprised when he wasn't there. ;)

It's no stretch to imagine that people thought the same about Zero Suit Samus when Metroid Zero Mission showed up, really.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Then we'd see Blood Daisy everywhere!

... Oh god, "Blood Daisy" sounds like what would happen if Daisy was turned into a vampire... :laugh:
There's also the Bloodstone. But that would mean her being green with red spots all over. That design would be too dissecting in a Mario Kart game honestly.

While we are on the subject of IF Sakurai would add more alternate characters and clones in the series, here's a rather outdated Smash fansite that has a ridiculous amount of Marios (Metal Mario included) and even Links.
http://web.archive.org/web/20080520...nline.com/CharacterPages/characterselect.html

Even if this roster were to happen, I would never play as them at all. Funnily enough, they predicted Zero Suit Samus and Duck Hunt long before they were in Smash.

> Fierce Deity Link
> Metal Mario
> Vacuum Luigi
> Hammer Mario
> Frog Mario
> Tanooki Mario
> Baby Mario & Luigi
> Dark Link

Top kek

He's predicted more than that. He's also predicted Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., Wolf, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Pokémon Trainer (mistaken for Ash Ketchum), Charizard (part of Pokémon Trainer in the third game, an individual character in the fourth), Pit, Little Mac, Captain Olimar, Sonic, and Mega Man. Imagine if some of these characters were confirmed in Smash Switch, Daisy included.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

xD That Prince Peasley one made me think it was Young Link for a second with a weird skin color and a bit of long hair....too anime-ish, I guess?

Also AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27
xD I saw a pic of that Prince and Daisy having a tug-o-war or something like that with Luigi....WHY do people think the Prince likes him?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
He's predicted more than that. He's also predicted Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., Wolf, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Pokémon Trainer (mistaken for Ash Ketchum), Charizard (part of Pokémon Trainer in the third game, an individual character in the fourth), Pit, Little Mac, Captain Olimar, Sonic, Mega Man.
Does it really count as a prediction when a lot of the characters you've listed there were always obvious choices for future inclusion, and when the page itself seems to include what appears to be as many characters as possible? ;)

Imagine if some of these characters were confirmed in Smash Switch, Daisy included.
I somehow don't think that anyone in here would quibble with Daisy being added. :laugh:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
xD That Prince Peasley one made me think it was Young Link for a second with a weird skin color and a bit of long hair....too anime-ish, I guess?

Also AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27
xD I saw a pic of that Prince and Daisy having a tug-o-war or something like that with Luigi....WHY do people think the Prince likes him?
Yeah, they made Peasley too anime-esuqe in that pic. But he always viewed himself as the prettiest thing in the Bean Bean Kingdom so....

The main reason why people ship Luigi with him is because of the awkward situations between them. Like one noticeable scene in which he pokes him in his butt with his rapier only for Luigi to have a heart fly out his head. Not sure if he's into that sort of stuff or it's representing another certain anime trope.

AndreaAC

All this metal-clones talk reminds me of a video that I saw posted in another thread earlier today;

AndreaAC AndreaAC - Well, we've got a proof-of-concept for Bronze Daisy, at least. :laugh:
xD What did I tell ya? It looks pretty good! And so does Rosa (Platinum, I guess?), but....Better add non-re textured characters...

Yeah, they made Peasley too anime-esuqe in that pic. But he always viewed himself as the prettiest thing in the Bean Bean Kingdom so....

The main reason why people ship Luigi with him is because of the awkward situations between them. Like one noticeable scene in which he pokes him in his butt with his rapier only for Luigi to have a heart fly out his head. Not sure if he's into that sort of stuff or it's representing another certain anime trope.
O-O Ohhhhh.....Okaaay....xD I thought people just made the ship just because! Thanks for the clarification!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Does it really count as a prediction when a lot of the characters you've listed there were always obvious choices for future inclusion, and when the page itself seems to include what appears to be as many characters as possible? ;)

I somehow don't think that anyone in here would quibble with Daisy being added. :laugh:
Good point. Unless Sakurai goes crazy and add Metal Mario and the Ice Hockey Team just to **** with us. :laugh:

Hell, I'd take Daisy over any of the "worst" choices on the site any day.

In other words, typical fangirls are shipping because of queerbaiting between two male characters. Got it.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Good point. Unless Sakurai goes crazy and add Metal Mario and the Ice Hockey Team just to **** with us. :laugh:

Hell, I'd take Daisy over any of the "worst" choices on the site any day.

In other words, typical fangirls are shipping because of queerbaiting between two male characters. Got it.
I want that ice hockey team.

Also I'd like a new mario hockey game. The one in Mario sports mix was personally disappointing. Especially because it really could have all the character moves and traits Daisy had in Strikers with Hockey physics.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I want that ice hockey team.

Also I'd like a new mario hockey game. The one in Mario sports mix was personally disappointing. Especially because it really could have all the character moves and traits Daisy had in Strikers with Hockey physics.
But what would the game be called, Super Mario Hockey?

Or something more extravagant like Mario Ice Puckers (though that can lead to a series of unfortunate jokes).

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Or something more extravagant like Mario Ice Puckers (though that can lead to a series of unfortunate jokes).
In other words, Puckman all over again.

Yeah, just call it Super Mario Hockey. Sure the name is a little bland, but the same can be said for Mario Golf or Mario Tennis.

Also, would she be a Technique or a All Round character in that game?

Freduardo

Smash Champion

Super Mario Hockey (would have ice, roller and field options) could be unique for that... but let's stick with ice hockey.

Mario Super Slapshot. Prepare to curse the blue line rule like you do blue shells!

Super Mario Helmetheads.

Professor Mario and the Canadian Excursion.

As for Aussie's question.. I think she was technical in sports mix.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Super Mario Hockey (would have ice, roller and field options) could be unique for that... but let's stick with ice hockey.

Mario Super Slapshot. Prepare to curse the blue line rule like you do blue shells!

Super Mario Helmetheads.

Professor Mario and the Canadian Excursion.

As for Aussie's question.. I think she was technical in sports mix.
Why was I laughing at this, just why?

It will be up to Nintendo to find some clever or extremely good name for a Mario Ice Hockey game one day. As long as no memes are mad about it's silliness (Looking at you Arms).

In other words, Puckman all over again.

Yeah, just call it Super Mario Hockey. Sure the name is a little bland, but the same can be said for Mario Golf or Mario Tennis.

Also, would she be a Technique or a All Round character in that game?
Technique.

Most of her stats were always like this in most of her appearances. There were a few exceptions, like Mario Tennis Ultra Smash making her an All Round character. But most of her classes were always consistently around Technique. Not that I have an issue with her being an easy mode character lie Mario again, but Technique is arguably a good fit for her playstyle.

Which is also why I would like for her Smash portrayal to stick with that playstyle as well. The challenges comes from making a moveset that fully reflects it IMO.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Strikers moveset is almost done, though I'll try to submit it in the Make Your Move Contest which requires a lot of finetuning and writing.
Which is why I'm focussing on a general Daisy moveset, incorporating all the ideas we had a couple of days ago.
That sounds Mighty Action X interesting (sorry for the Kamen Rider reference).

Just make sure to give us a link when you are finished with everything. I can't wait to see it. Whichever ideas you have, it should be good.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Why am I not surprised that the dress is winning the poll?
Btw, I also think technique would fit Daisy like a glove as a type.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Why am I not surprised that the dress is winning the poll?
Btw, I also think technique would fit Daisy like a glove as a type.
It's an important and very defining trait of her character.

So that's enough votes for Technique. It's been a tradition for many Tennis and Golf games. Can see why it's well beloved.

Top Bottom