• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy Discussion

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Inb4 Daisy Rabbid will be a boss that attacks with flower Fidget Spinners. :troll:

One of these days we need to race. But not now.

I'd imagine we'll be fighting over who gets to play as Daisy.
One person can play as Daisy while the other can play as Baby Daisy. Problem solved. :p

Also you silly goose, Ubisoft is too late to reference fidget spinners in Mario + Rabbids Mushroom Kingdom Battle. Unless they happen to see through the future (which I doubt they can).

Besides, Daisy (or a Rabbid parading as her) should not be associated with such silly things.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Inb4 Daisy Rabbid will be a boss that attacks with flower Fidget Spinners. :troll:

I would if had a Switch, so far I only have both the Wii and Wii U, and I am pretty much 'No Lifing' Xenoblade Chronicles so far.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If the timing is right in my area, is it okay if I can hop in the race as well?

Btw, what's good, guys?
Nothing much. Other than the obviously fake leaks, it won't be long until it's Nintendo's turn for E3. Just two days left (since it's already midnight here). On the Daisy side of things, I'm expecting another Mario Party. It's Nintendo's cash cow after all.

You know about Mario + Rabbids Mushroom Kingdom Battle, right?

Sure. If you still have time, we can race (SW-8277-6509-2593).

I would if had a Switch, so far I only have both the Wii and Wii U, and I am pretty much 'No Lifing' Xenoblade Chronicles so far.
Then that's fine. I can wait.

I've gotten rid of my Wii U copy just to get the Switch version. Most of my Wii U games are single player oriented except Smash.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
If the timing is right in my area, is it okay if I can hop in the race as well?

Btw, what's good, guys?
A leaker's laughable attempts at trying to trick us into thinking a Luigi's Mansion 3 based on Sarasaland would happen.

Other than that, nothing really. But the usual discussion of how non-spinoff Mario games with Daisy as her own star. Not sure where to really start on that.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
A leaker's laughable attempts at trying to trick us into thinking a Luigi's Mansion 3 based on Sarasaland would happen.

Other than that, nothing really. But the usual discussion of how non-spinoff Mario games with Daisy as her own star. Not sure where to really start on that.
Hmm...let's see here...'other than Sport and Party Games' is a good start. We'll season her with other genre of games with a little extra bit of spice known as 'merch'. Then we marinade her with fans for a good year or two so she can just soak up all of that delicious gossip and speculation. Then get your main Mario games, and mix Daisy in with THAT; and of course, be generous with the main titles. Then sear with E3; bombshell of her very own game, and then finally, stick her into her very own main game, preheated at six months to a year from E3. And then, viola! 'Trouble in Sarasaland.' Let sit for another unprecedented amount of time, and finally, glaze her with a spot on the Smash roster. And then, congratulations. You finally have yourselves, a non-spinoff Mario game with Daisy as the star.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I actually really like that idea, purely because it's hilariously stupid. :laugh:

But can't you both play as Daisy? I'm pretty sure that that feature's been present ever since Mario Kart DS... ;)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I actually really like that idea, purely because it's hilariously stupid. :laugh:

But can't you both play as Daisy? I'm pretty sure that that feature's been present ever since Mario Kart DS... ;)
Is it the one where there second player plays as a faded out version of that character?

Not like it can happen because he has no Switch console for now.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Mario Kart 8: The Clone Wars

Starring Princess Daisy. :troll:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Is it the one where there second player plays as a faded out version of that character?
I'm pretty sure that you both look the same, and simply have your nametag floating above your head to differentiate you - it's certainly that way during online matches with randoms (I end up in a lot of groups with a lot of Daisies, for some strange reason, and of course I see other Bowser players often, too).

It was done to accommodate online play in the first place, if I'm remembering right.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm pretty sure that you both look the same, and simply have your nametag floating above your head to differentiate you - it's certainly that way during online matches with randoms (I end up in a lot of groups with a lot of Daisies, for some strange reason, and of course I see other Bowser players often, too).

It was done to accommodate online play in the first place, if I'm remembering right.
Cool. I probably need to do that one time if I find a play that wants a Double Daisy Showdown.

Two days until E3. I saw another leak that mentioned there will be a new Mario Party with Miis, but's faker than a Boo. Not even worth the discussion IMO.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The Mario + Rabbids Mushroom Kingdom Battle game isn't all too bad. I quite like it.

And no, neither Daisy nor Waluigi were referenced as Rabbids yet. We still have a while to see whether she will have any form of reference in the game or not.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Since Skyrim supports at the least BotW Link amiibo, I am hoping its compatible with the Mario line up as well, would like to see how a Daisy outfit would look like in the world of Skyrim.
Now that you mention it, that would be nice.

Fu Ros Dah, Daisy Style!

Now I want it to actually happen.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And if not, then there's always the PC mod scene.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, nothing about Daisy at the show but congrats to Pauline on her successful Mayoral campaign. That's like, only two levels below Princess. Getting there.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Had my expectations low with a Mario Party, and it didn't happen. Even thing rose was just beautiful. Especially Odyssey.

Well, nothing about Daisy at the show but congrats to Pauline on her successful Mayoral campaign. That's like, only two levels below Princess. Getting there.

I saw and I was shocked. And she can sing too.

Let's hope this leads to her actually racing against Daisy in Mario Kart Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That would actually be a really cool inclusion, I think. Super Mario Odyssey DLC pack for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, with New Donk City as a course, and Pauline as a new driver, anyone? :laugh:
Oh yes.

She's been long overdue and I've wanted her to interact with the other princesses for years, especially Daisy.

Speaking of which, I'm still waiting on some Mario Kart DLC. Maybe we can finally get it next year.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
No Mario Party and Tennis at E3 was expected, but I'm glad they weren't involved. Give more focus to the hardcore titles and leave the casual games like that for Directs. Not like those two series are in need of fixing.

No Daisy was expected to because, let's be honest. No Tennis or Party announcement means No Daisy. Besides, we already have Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for our Daisy needs. I'd rather have those two games polished than rushed.

By the way, do not expect Daisy to appear in Mario & Luigi DX either because that focus on Bowser's Minions was evident since the first leak. It will take years until she gets a role in those games.

And last, can I just say that I love Pauline's singing? She needs to be in the next Mario kart ASAP.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
And last, can I just say that I love Pauline's singing? She needs to be in the next Mario kart ASAP.
I have been wanting the arcade characters to be playable in Mario spin-off games for a long time.

Pauline from the first game, Donkey Kong Jr. from the second game, and Stanley from the third game would be amazing.

It also would be nice to have a race course based on the construction site from the first game.

Edit

I'm honestly shocked and delighted to see that Pauline finally showed up in a Super Mario game. Finally! Pauline and Peach can coexist in the same game!

I like that Pauline got some character development... she's more than just a random damsel... she's the mayor of New Donk City!

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
No Mario Party and Tennis at E3 was expected, but I'm glad they weren't involved. Give more focus to the hardcore titles and leave the casual games like that for Directs. Not like those two series are in need of fixing.

No Daisy was expected to because, let's be honest. No Tennis or Party announcement means No Daisy. Besides, we already have Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for our Daisy needs. I'd rather have those two games polished than rushed.

By the way, do not expect Daisy to appear in Mario & Luigi DX either because that focus on Bowser's Minions was evident since the first leak. It will take years until she gets a role in those games.

I'd say about time! I thought that Nintendo had all but forgotten about Pauline.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Off the Daisy Topic:

So Bowser's minions looks great... and the villain who kidnaps Bowser... he is so familiar... he has so much...
Fury.

Furious fury. The furious fury of frenzied furious ferrets on fire! Delicious mustard tasting fury of furious doom.

Fury.

On the Daisy topic:

So with Pauline getting her new job as mayor of new donk city, will democracies overthrow the monarchist societies of the mushroom kingdom, sarasaland and uhm... space?

Probably not, but nifty Pauline's got a place in the new game.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
So with Pauline getting her new job as mayor of new donk city, will democracies overthrow the monarchist societies of the mushroom kingdom, sarasaland and uhm... space?
I don't know about Sarasaland, but The Mushroom "Kingdom" actually appears to be a principality.

Reason being, it's ruled by a princess, but there's no sign of a king or queen, and no suggestion that Peach ever inherited the role from anyone. That royal castle is entirely in her image, after all.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I don't know about Sarasaland, but The Mushroom "Kingdom" actually appears to be a principality.

Reason being, it's ruled by a princess, but there's no sign of a king or queen, and no suggestion that Peach ever inherited the role from anyone. That royal castle is entirely in her image, after all.
Actually in mario 3 there were seven or so kings of the mushroom kingdom...

All ruled by a centralized princess.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Actually in mario 3 there were seven or so kings of the mushroom kingdom...

All ruled by a centralized princess.
Even if that was so, that would still make The Mushroom Kingdom a principality. ;)

Those are actually other, separate kingdoms in the Mushroom World, and The Mushroom Kingdom is only a means by which to reach those other places.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
At this point we cna only assume in the Mushroom Kingdom universe, rulers chose their titles. And Peach choses Princess because she's a sucker for alliteration.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
At this point we cna only assume in the Mushroom Kingdom universe, rulers chose their titles. And Peach choses Princess because she's a sucker for alliteration.
I don't know, I quite like the thought of Peach trying to big up her homeland and make it sound more important and influential than it really is, for some reason. :laugh:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think New Donk City is a kingdom too. The purple coins found in New Donk City is good only in New Donk City.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Good news mates, all Amiibo are fully functional with Super Mario Odyssey. You know what that means? Daisy has some legit Amiibo functionality in a game again.

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/06/14/super-mario-odyssey-will-support-every-released-amiibo/

Too bad we don't know what they really do in the game. Although I did see Super Mario Maker Mario in the construction parts of New Donk City. Whether or not the special
8-bit Mario Amiibo did that is unknown.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Pauline?! In a Mario game?! As the mayor of New Donk City?! AND the singer of the whole game's theme song?!?! AAAAHH!!

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Don't gonna lie, I have very very little interest in Super Mario Wacky world or whatever the fug it's called, seriously they couldn't have had made this about Peach instead?

The Rabbits crossover game looks fun as hell but it really needs more characters for me to actually consider buying it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Good news mates, all Amiibo are fully functional with Super Mario Odyssey. You know what that means? Daisy has some legit Amiibo functionality in a game again.

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/06/14/super-mario-odyssey-will-support-every-released-amiibo/

Too bad we don't know what they really do in the game. Although I did see Super Mario Maker Mario in the construction parts of New Donk City. Whether or not the special
8-bit Mario Amiibo did that is unknown.
The Amiibo gives you costumes. I repeat the Amiibo gives you costumes!

That means Mario can finally wear Daisy's dress. Which is both a hilarious and weird idea.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

That means Mario can finally wear Daisy's dress. Which is both a hilarious and weird idea.
I think I have an idea of what the Daisy costume would look like.

Bless DeviantArt. Sure it's Luigi wearing her dress, but you get the idea.

What do you think AndreaAC AndreaAC ?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I think I have an idea of what the Daisy costume would look like.

Bless DeviantArt. Sure it's Luigi wearing her dress, but you get the idea.

What do you think AndreaAC AndreaAC ?
xD What do I think? That Princess Luigi and Pumbler Daisy look FABULOUS! xP Honestly, I would LOVE to see Mario actually wearing the dresses of the Princesses instead of it being a recolor of his normal outfit, because that could be a posibility...and maybe more likely? I don't know. But I mean, if Ubi could make their mascot (Rayman) get into a Grandma Dress and DANCE, why shouldn't Nintendo do it?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
xD What do I think? That Princess Luigi and Pumbler Daisy look FABULOUS! xP Honestly, I would LOVE to see Mario actually wearing the dresses of the Princesses instead of it being a recolor of his normal outfit, because that could be a posibility...and maybe more likely? I don't know. But I mean, if Ubi could make their mascot (Rayman) get into a Grandma Dress and DANCE, why shouldn't Nintendo do it?
Shovel Knight Mario and Chibi Robo Mario is all the hype.

Also, Mario not wearing a dress would be a huge wasted opportunity....

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Now I want someone to mod this in Smash 4 XD.
Unless they get lazy, but you are right, Mario in any of the princesses's dress would be hilarious.

Top Bottom